/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN: The SPIDER-MAN Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 11

File: 1.jpg (148KB, 842x1253px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
148KB, 842x1253px
>Chris Columbus, Roland Emmerich, Tony Scott, Jan de Bont, Ang Lee, David Fincher, M. Night Shyamalan and Tim Burton were approached to direct the movie before Sam Raimi was hired.

>Early drafts featured the Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus as villains, with Green Goblin trying to kill Harry Osborn to prevent Harry from ruining OsCorp and Doctor Octopus wanting revenge on the Green Goblin for stealing his designs.

>Freddie Prinze Jr. was Sony's top choice to play Peter, but Raimi believed he wasn't right for the role. Scott Speedman, Jay Rodan and James Franco auditioned before Tobey Maguire was cast. Franco was later cast as Harry.

>Kate Hudson was Sony's top choice to play MJ, but declined. Alicia Witt, Mena Suvari, Elisha Cuthbert and Eliza Dushku auditioned before Kirsten Dunst was cast.

>Nicolas Cage, John Malkovich and Robert De Niro were approached for Norman Osborn before Willem Dafoe was cast.

>Hugh Jackman was approached to make a cameo appearance as Wolverine, but scheduling conflicts prevented it from happening.

>Brian Michael Bendis was approached to write a few lines for the script. One of them included a joke at the expense of the Green Goblin's armor. Sony executives were so outraged by the prospect of making fun of such an expensive prop that they ultimately didn't use any of Bendis' contributions.
>>
File: 2.jpg (170KB, 747x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
170KB, 747x1024px
Spider-Man 2 (2004)

>Early drafts featured Doctor Octopus and Black Cat as villains, with a brief appearance by the Lizard to set up SPIDER-MAN 3. Black Cat would've been a cat burglar who attempts to tempt Peter away from his responsabilities. Both Black Cat and Lizard were ultimately written out to streamline the narrative.

>In early drafts, Otto Octavius is a handsome young scientist who created the spider that bit Peter and who becomes involved with Mary Jane. He spirals into insanity after becoming addicted to endorphins that are released into his system when he uses his mechanical arms, which end up fused to his spine in a fight with Spider-Man. He then becomes obsessed with capturing Spider-Man and using his spine fluid to cure himself.

>In early drafts, Peter is given a microchip Octavius which supresses his powers, which he uses after Harry Osborn places a bounty on his head, turning the city against him. He is ultimately forced to remove it and regain his powers in order to stop Doctor Octopus.

>Tobey Maguire nearly was replaced by Jake Gyllenhall after injuring his back filming SEABISCUIT and clashing with Sony over delaying production to accomodate his recovery.

>Vincent D'Onofrio, Chris Cooper and Robert de Niro were approached for Doctor Octopus before Alfred Molina was cast.
>>
File: 3.jpg (63KB, 485x713px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
63KB, 485x713px
Spider-Man 3 (2007)

>Early drafts featured Sandman and Vulture as villains, but Sony demanded that Venom, Gwen Stacy and Harry's transformation into the Green Goblin be included in the movie, requriting Vulture to be written out.

>In early drafts, the symbiote would arrive on Earth in a space shuttle piloted by John Jameson, which would malfunction and nearly crash-land on Manhattan before Spider-Man intervenes. The sequence was deemed too extensive and expensive and entirely scrapped.

>In early drafts, the symbiote would drain Brock's life force due to prolongued exposure, reducing him to a charred skeleton, and attempt to bond with Peter again before Peter destroys it.

>In early drafts Sandman would give up fighting upon learning his daughter is in terminal condition and can no longer be cured. Spider-Man would then forgive him and allow him to go and spend her last days by her side.

>In early drafts, Bernard, the butler, would be revealed as another of Harry's hallucinations, subconsciously encouraging Harry to help his friends.

>In early drafts Gwen Stacy would've been captured by Venom and Sandman, but scheduling conflicts required it be Mary-Jane again.

>Ben Kingsley was approached for the Vulture before the character was cut.

>Elisha Cuthbert and Scarlett Johansson were approached for Gwen Stacy before Bryce Dallas Howard was cast.
>>
File: 4.jpg (215KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
215KB, 640x960px
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)

>David Fincher was approached to direct the movie before Marc Webb was hired.

>In early drafts, Peter would find out his father, Richard Parker, coded the venom of the genetically modified spiders to his DNA and that OsCorp engineered both his parents' death and the accident in which he acquired his powers in order to retrieve a sample of his blood to cure Norman Osborn, but the entire subplot was scrapped after it leaked online and was poorly received.

>Early drafts featured larger roles for Peter and Gwen's high school friends including Flash Thompson, Sally Avril, Missy Hallenback and Ariel Keene.

>Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Daniel Radcliffe, Robert Pattinson, Logan Lerman, Anton Yelchin, Alden Ehrenreich, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Zac Efron, Jim Sturgess, Xavier Samuel, Liam Aiken, Drake Bell, Michael Angarano, Dane DeHaan and and Josh Hutcherson, among others, auditioned for Peter before Andrew Garfield was cast.

>Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Mia Wasikowska, Imogen Poots, Teresa Palmer, Brooklyn Decker, Amber Heard, Dianna Agron, Emily Browning, Lily Collins, Emma Roberts, Anna Kendrick, Ophelia Lovibond, Sara Paxton, Georgina Haig, Dominique McElligott, Scout Taylor-Compton auditoned for Gwen before Emma Stone was cast.

>Michael Fassbender was approached for Connors before Rhys Ifans was cast.

>The "Man in the Shadows" played by Michael Massee was originally Electro, who'd be an enforcer for OsCorp and become the main villain of the sequel. However, when Sony changed their plans for the franchise, he was made into the Gentleman instead.
>>
File: 5.jpg (98KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
98KB, 400x571px
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

>Sony merged Marc Webb's ideas for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, featuring Electro and Rhino; and THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3, featuring the Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy's death, into one movie in order to build up to the Sinister Six and other spin-offs and compete with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>Early drafts featured Mary-Jane Watson as Peter's neighbor, a troublemaking waitress who lives with her abusive father and admires Spider-Man. Shailene Woodley played her in the movie, but all of her scenes were cut.

>Early drafts featured J. Jonah Jameson as the editor-in-chief of the Daily Bugle who believes Spider-Man is a menace, particularly after Spider-Man and Electro crash into his office while fighting in Times Square. Sam Elliot and John Slattery were approached for the role before the character was scrapped.

>In early drafts, Peter would've actually given his blood to Harry, but this was changed as it made Peter indirectly responsible for the creation of the Green Goblin.

>Early drafts featured a larger role for Felicia Hardy, who'd be Harry's girlfriend and accomplice; and a smaller role for Rhino, who'd be just a throaway villain. Due to Sony's meddling, Felicia was reduced to a tertiary character and Rhino's role was expanded so he could integrate the Sinister Six.

>In early drafts, Norman Osborn would've been preserved in suspended animation after his apparent death while OsCorp cloned a healthy younger body for him.

>In early drafts, Richard Parker would've been revealed to have survived the plane crash and reunite with Peter in the end.

>Alden Ehrenreich, Brady Corbet, Eddie Redmayne, Sam Claflin, Douglas Booth and Boyd Holbrook auditioned for Harry Osborn before Dane DeHaan was cast

>Damian Lewis was approached for Electro before Jamie Foxx was cast.
>>
File: 6.jpg (82KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
82KB, 1600x900px
Captain America: Civil War (2016)

>Spider-Man would originally have a larger role, but when Sony Pictures initially declined to collaborate with Marvel Studios Black Panther replaced him. When Sony and Marvel finally reached a compromised Spider-Man was reinserted into the narrative in a smaller role.

>Asa Butterfield, Charlie Rowe, Judah Lewis, Matthew Lintz, Charlie Plummer, Liam James, Chandler Riggs and Timothée Chalamet auditioned for Spider-Man before Tom Holland was cast.
>>
File: 7.jpg (202KB, 711x1080px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
202KB, 711x1080px
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)

>Theodore Melfi was in negotiations to direct the movie but dropped out to pursue other projects and was replaced by Jon Watts. Former SINISTER SIX director Drew Goddard and SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING scriptwriters John M. Daley & Jonathan Goldstein were also on the shortlist.

>Michael Keaton initially declined the role of Adrian Toomes / Vulture due to scheduling conflicts, before Marvel Studios was able to accomodate to his schedule. Michael Shannon was briefly approached for the role, but declined.

>In early drafts, Tony Revolori's character was named "Manuel". Further revisions made him into Flash Thompson.
>>
File: fwE3MRi.png (126KB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
fwE3MRi.png
126KB, 309x313px
>>93068706
>>Michael Fassbender was approached for Connors before Rhys Ifans was cast.
We will never have a Fassbender Lizard with a appropriate snout and who keeps the lab coat of the whole film...
>>
>>93068736
>>Damian Lewis was approached for Electro before Jamie Foxx was cast.
That would have been fucking better.
>>
>>93068672
>>93068684
>>93068692
So what I'm getting from these is that Sam Raimi saved this trilogy from being an entire pile of shit because of Sony.

Why am I not surprised.
>>
File: file_178243_0_venom11cover658.jpg (129KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
file_178243_0_venom11cover658.jpg
129KB, 658x370px
>>93068762
>>In early drafts, Tony Revolori's character was named "Manuel". Further revisions made him into Flash Thompson.

Dammit. Flash was almost not ruined. Oh well I guess it doesn't matter that much, since it looks like we're not even going to get Venom in the MCU because of the Sony Venom movie :(
>>
File: Caging my anger.gif (876KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
Caging my anger.gif
876KB, 500x342px
>>93068762
>>In early drafts, Tony Revolori's character was named "Manuel". Further revisions made him into Flash Thompson.
>>
>>93069022
>>93069031
I'm honestly glad this movie is going to be dogshit just so I can see how mad Flashfags get. You guys are a fucking cancer.
>>
I love these theads.
>>
Sorry to interrupt with some /r/ shit, but could OP or someone else please make one of these threads for Wonder Woman? There was one a few days ago but that only touched on the 2017 film and I think had some bait-y falsehoods in it. I'm sure Wonder Woman has struggled to be made into a film for the past couple of decades, meaning there has to be a lot of interesting details, so I'd love to see a thread on it.
>>
>>93069725
Well, there was a mid-2000's Wonder Woman movie that was planned to be directed by Joss Whedon.
>>
>>93068706
Why did they use the Gentleman anyway? Seems like a bit of a strange choice for a lackey. I'm only aware of him from those Sinister Six novels, but Pity wasn't in the films.
>>
File: sm4_bc_6_lr.jpg (101KB, 900x422px) Image search: [Google]
sm4_bc_6_lr.jpg
101KB, 900x422px
Good thread OP.
Did you see the plans they had for Spider-Man 4 before it went to shit ?
Some of these ideas were pretty great, like Bruce Campbell playing Mysterio or John Malkovich as the Vulture.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/06/bruce-campbell-would-have-been-mysterio-in-sam-raimis-spider-man-4/
>>
>>93069298
Not as much of a cancer as Brockfags.
>>
>>93069298
I'm not a flashfag, though. I just think it's stupid to do that. I mean, it's lazy and disrespectful. It's just slapping a character's name onto someone different entirely and trying to pull a fast one. It's like making a female secret agent character and saying "it's Wonder Woman because she too fought in wars and shit." It's lazy is all and a poor adaptation.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.