[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck is the next Bakshi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1495994568773.png (326KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1495994568773.png
326KB, 420x420px
With the wealth of online tools and cloud animation software that exists currently, as well as the wealth of people like me who are willing to front money for Patreons to contine prouting quality work, why the fuck haven't there been any small-mid scale 'fuck the networks, let's make out own cartoons' efforts?

I'm not talking like Bee and Puppy cat or OneyNG stuff. Like im talking the lmao mah art type people who wanna make the next avatat. Like, there are more artists than ever yet nobody is organizing yet alone attempting to lead their own small groups. Why is this?
>>
No Kickstarter or Patreon could possibly front enough money for that.

Trash like Bee & Puppycat gets made by having a simple artstyle with a single big name artist that appeals to hipsters.

Making something that's artistic requires ten times the money but will get ten times less attention.
>>
>>93067107
Not really, shit like RWBY was made by one motherfucker initially and subsequent episodes had a budget on par with Aqua Teen Hunger Force by like 3 or 4 people. If they didn't go for a shit anime artstyle and stuck with simple 3d or like you said, easy to animate models, I can't imagine it would be impossible to produce a quality product.
>>
File: 1492215698837.png (358KB, 552x543px) Image search: [Google]
1492215698837.png
358KB, 552x543px
I'll do it
Give me a sec, opening Flash
>>
I've seen patreons for projects reach like 40000 a month, maybe if it was a monthly thing and you got the team in a house but honestly that's risky as fuck would animators be willing to all live together and probably work all the time just to control the means of production?
>>
Getting a team of people to commit to the project would be very difficult, as it is a huge risk because of how life-consuming and costly producing the show may be. Artists are mostly focused on their own personal lives, well-being, and path to secure advancement in their careers.

For artists to work on an independently produced show, they would either have to be well-compensated to feel comfortable working, or really REALLY care about the project they're doing.

I can't speak for already-hard-working artists, but the people from school I've been trying to get to work on a project with me give me non-answers, and don't sound confident, and want to keep to their own current commitments and habits. But, when I invite them out to a movie, they jump on. So I guess people either want to feel SUPER-ASSURED about doing a project, or continue to dick around with art at home. At least the artists who haven't yet entered professional environments. But yeah.

You can give a wealth of online tools. You can't easily give artists a working mindset.
And that's why you don't see many independent animation work, because some people are still living too comfortably to make decent work.
>>
>>93067059
Balak
>>
>>93067059
I saw a patreon project for the new generation of animators to come together and create animations, but they're only in the $30-50 range. Kind of depressing, honestly.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.