[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who owns Sonic Archie Comics characters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: SonicTheHedgehog_283-0V.jpg (504KB, 700x1085px) Image search: [Google]
SonicTheHedgehog_283-0V.jpg
504KB, 700x1085px
With the impending death of the Sonic Archie comics, does anyone know who owns the archie characters, Sally, Bunnie, etc?
Is it Sega, Archie, Dic/Dhx media? Are they all dead?
I know the comics are shit, but I was just wondering.
>>
IIRC, SEGA owns them all, so if the comics were to die, they can use them. They just don't want to.
>>
>>93062675
I would think Archie does, but that's only thinking about how they have never been used in any other modern media.

Most of the cast is never going to be seen ever again.
>>
>>93062675
Depends on the contract I imagine
>>
>>93062864
I'm with this anon, I want to say that Sega owns them all (we just will NEVER see them in a game) but maybe Archie does own them. I know Penders took his chunk and fucked off.
>>
>>93062702
If Archie didn't own Penders characters doubt they outright own the DIC characters, there's probably some legal quagmire between Archie DIC and Sega.
>>
>>93062675
So... when is this ending? I might actually go to my shitty LCS and pick up the last issue. I use to get these as a kid, I think I have the first 80 issues in a box somewhere.
>>
>>93064203
Still no word on it yet, currently Archie is in talks with Sega. Honestly, I don't want it to end but with the legal troubles and sales (possibly) being low (plus I heard something about Sega wanting more money) it looks like it's on it's way out.
>>
>>93062702
>Most of the cast is never going to be seen ever again.

You know, I really don't mind this.

The SatAM/Archie characters are entirely unnecessary at this point, and you have to strain to make them fit with the rest of what Sonic is now.
>>
File: 1308495231572.jpg (287KB, 760x901px) Image search: [Google]
1308495231572.jpg
287KB, 760x901px
>>93063959

I still don't understand Penders. He willingly destroyed a comic line published by a company that employed him for several years so he can take his OCs and create some monstrosity and can't even be assed to get a decent artist for it.

He could've actually made a webcomic and maybe even had a patreon or kickstarter. Is he as broke as he is delusional?
>>
>>93064543
I'd bank on delusional, if he weren't he wouldn'e be able to fight the massive amount of hate and disinterest for his plans the fans lob at him.
>>
>>93064562

Since he has the characters he could actually do something interesting with them. But the art is so bad and I haven't even heard anything about it. Don't get me wrong, he's a shitty writer but it shouldn't be the hard nabbing a good artist and coasting on that. It hasn't stopped most webcomics.
>>
>>93064128
Your under the impression Dic made these characters for the show. They were actually made for SEGA's early 90s american Sonic Bible, appearing in a bunch of material unrelated to the cartoon, and their comic incarnations book pre-dating the show.

There is absolutely no ambiguity that SEGA owns all of the Freedom Fighters.
>>
>>93064128
The Archie thing came about with characters created for the comic. The DIC characters weren't created for the comic.
>>
>>93064840
Any of that pre cartoon material online? All I've ever seen is the proto SatAM characters.
>>
>>93064543
Penders is a laughibly greedy/petty asshole who is incredibly buttmad that Archie fired him and replaced him with Flynn.

He is also a sue happy asshole, and has zero intention of ever making a shitty comic with these characters. But he has to pretend he's going to so he can sue for loss of profits if Archie ever gives him the trigger he so desperately wants. That's why he declares obviously absurd shit like he's going to make a movie or theme park out of this. Because that means greater loss of profits damage.

But Penderzs is also a legal idiot so its really unlikely it would work in court anyway.
>>
>>93064562
Penders doesn't care about market interest, fans or about the characters one iota. All he has to do is put out a low effort screenshot once in a blue moon to show "evidence" that he intends to make this comic for legal purposes.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.