[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding Sonic comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Can I get some help?

My sis wanted to get into the Archie Sonic comics. found pic related in our LCS.

Can you guys help me find some TPB for both this series and the Archie run? She insists on physical books.
>>
>>93058400
https://store.archiecomics.com/catalog/index/121/sonic-and-mega-man
>>
>>93058400
>both this series and the Archie run
But those are both the same thing.
>>
>>93059313
Fair enough.
>>93059226
The site doesn't seem to go far back in the series. I'm talking really early stuff
>>
>>93059562
Scroll through the graphic novel pages and look at the Sonic Archives books. Those have the early issues.
>>
>>93059620
Was looking through he search engine. They don't seem to have all the archive stuff. And the legacy book 3 was the only one available. Do they not show stuff they don't have in stock?
>>
>>93059690
find them on amazon. honestly though the early stuff is shit and you're better off reading online scans.
>>
>>93059831
When would you say it gets good? Any specific series to look for?
>>
File: photo_2017-04-20_19-20-21.jpg (242KB, 1280x970px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-04-20_19-20-21.jpg
242KB, 1280x970px
>>93058400
You'd have to browse online to find the older stuff, but here's something that might at least guide you.

>>93059873
I wouldn't say it's ever bad in the first place (early issues), but it really starts kicking at around Mecha Madness (Issue 39 and its special)
>>
>>93059873
Series starts off with silly gag stories, gets into a more serious tone around issue 40, goes into complete shit mode around issue 90, gets good again when a new writer takes over at issue 160 and gets rebooted at issue 252.

Sonic Archives collects the first eighty-something issues starting from the beginning but they're in digest sized format.
Sonic Legacy is an omnibus of the early issues but only have the lineart and crappy paper quality.
Sonic Select collects all the special issues.
Sonic Saga Series collects the issues starting from when the new writer shows up.
Sonic Universe is a spinoff series that focuses more on the secondary cast.
The trade series that's just titled Sonic The Hedgehog collects the reboot issues.
Plus Mega Man crossovers and some other stuff.

The issues 160 onwards and Sonic Universe are generally really good while the stuff before that can be a mixed bag. If your sister enjoys the Sonic Legacy book you got, then the other Archives volumes would probably be worth it.
>>
>>93058400
Archie's paperbacks for Sonic are incomplete and likely will never be finished due to legal issues. The books in general are likely ending too.
>>
>>93058400
Ask /sthg/
>>>/vg/179109251
>>
>>93060347
>that op
I see they've gotten a lot worse.
>>
>>93060041
Is this a recommend list or a Chronology?

>>93060100
Thank you so much for the explanation of the tpb titles. She seemed to like Legacy so Archives is definitely on the list. She also seemed to get the worlds collide vol 1 while i wasn't looking. Is that one good all the way through?

>>93060323
I'm aware the book is ending. I think she's shown interest now that she knows there's an end. But what do you mean incomplete? Issues missing?
>>
>>93060415
It's in order of publication, so yeah, chronologically. It's a common belief that around the 70-ish issue to 160 the quality goes downhill and then gets consistently better, so that's another thing.
>>
>>93060415
There are multiple trades, but incomplete. Archives only go to #91. Saga only does 162-194. The Knuckles archives only go to #20 or so. The current Sonic and Universe archives only do the reboot and also are incomplete. There are some compilations of various stories from multiple issues, but you're gonna have to issue hunt for whatever isn't covered.
>>
>>93060611
So 92-161 is to be issue hunted? Dang. Are you sure they aren't in the making of more trades? Or are the legal issues gonna make that near impossible?
>>
>>93060828
I'm pretty sure they started getting delayed and cancelled before the current issues surrounding the comic happened. Almost all are available digitally through Archie, though.
>>
>>93061014
There's some missing digitally too?

Ah well. My sis isn't to into getting digital comics but she seems be even less into paying $40 a pop for floppies so for now we're gonna see if we can get the archives to start and hope to hear any news on the ending deal before we go an further. But it does look like sooner or later the holes in the series will be filled digitally.
>>
>>93061323
>There's some missing digitally too?
Pretty sure they're all available digitally.

The good thing if you do buy the physical floppies is that Sonic is generally a very cheap series to collect. It's usually only the very early issues (the ones already collected in the Archives) that get pricey, most of the others can be bought on ebay for $2-7 each. Usually in bulk too.
>>
>>93061559
Looks like she doesn't want to worry about floppies so chances are digital unless more tpb show up magically.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.