[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did spongebob jump the shark? I'm gonna say the entirety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: SpongeBob_S5FV.jpg (27KB, 250x405px) Image search: [Google]
SpongeBob_S5FV.jpg
27KB, 250x405px
When did spongebob jump the shark? I'm gonna say the entirety of Season 5. Season 4 had some funny episodes and moments but Season 5 was at best completely stale and at worst just as garbage as everything that came after. To its credit it's in general not as bad as some of the seasons afterwards but I think its where Spongebob really went downhill fast
>>
>>93055600
I agree. Season 4 wasn't consistently good, but it was still mostly good.
>>
>>93055600
iirc season 4 was pretty alright. probably around season 6-ish was where it was at it's worst.
People have led me to believe that after the movie the show was so bad it was as if it got possessed by satan, yet nothing in the show has really offended me like others have claimed though.
>>
>>93057474
Are you sure it isn't just nostalgia goggles? There's plenty wrong with post-movie spongebob, especially season 7-9. Flandarization in massive excess, adhd plots (yes I realize this has always been a part of Spongebob but in the later seasons there is literally no coherency or consistency) over-reliance on gross out humor that isn't even funny, screaming and screaming and screaming etc
>>
>>93057563
If I had nostalgia goggles, I would be bitching about everything new the show does in the newer seasons and be praising everything old.
>>
>>93055600
When was the movie?
>>
>>93057726
It came out in 2004. Many believe the show got worse after that. Some believe the show immediately became shit the moment the first episode after the movie premiered.
>>
>>93057857
I meant to ask after what season. Mind spaced out for a while there.
>>
>>93057894
I googled it.
>>
>>93055600
Season 5 had some good episodes, it was season 6 where it started its demise.
>>
>>93057919
>season 9
>started: 2012 ended: 2017
wtf?
>>
>>93057093
>>93057857
season 4 was interesting production wise: there's a batch of episodes early on that were boarded by boarders who weren't on the rest of the season and (outside of the half hour special, given Nick's weird habit of premiering half hour specials either really early or really late):
>CH Greenblatt (left the show afterwards)
Fear of the Krabby Patty

>Mike Bell (no involvement in spongebob outside of these eps)
Shell of a Man
The Lost Mattress
Good Neighbors

>Vincent Waller (technical director on season 4, creative director on the rest of the pre-2nd movie era, co-showrunner of post 2nd movie spongebob)
Shell of a Man (credited as a boarder, but not as a writer)
Krabs vs Plankton
Skill Crane

>Aaron Springer (well known for being the most prominent non-Tibbitt classic boarder to work on post movie, but didn't work on the rest of season 4)
Have You Seen This Snail?
Skill Crane (credited as a writer, but not as a boarder)
Good Neighbors (credited as a boarder, but not as a writer)

plus all the episodes have Kent Osborne (who wasn't involved in the rest of season 4) as one of the story writers
>>
>>93058042
It's because they were working on the second movie during that time. What I don't get is why they didn't start airing season 10 until 9 was finished.
>>
>>93058042
season 9A (aka what was produced before the 2nd movie) aired from 2012 to 2013 (with a half hour special and regular 11 minute episode held until 2014 and another 11 minute ep held until 2015, despite all having finished production in 2013)

Season 9B (the stuff produced after the 2nd movie) aired from 2015 to 2016 (with a half hour special held until 2017)
>>
>>93058103
if you notice there's always been weird overlap between seasons airing (except for between seasons 1 and 2 and between seasons 3 and 4)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.