[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kickstarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: kitty.jpg (307KB, 559x800px) Image search: [Google]
kitty.jpg
307KB, 559x800px
Does anyone here have experience running a kickstarter for comics? If I just put the project up will enough people see it to fund it or do I need to shill it everywhere? Pic unrelated.
>>
File: CANDYASS.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
CANDYASS.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>93047707
>a kickstarter for comics?

Jesus christ how fucking broke can you be that you can't afford some pencils and paper
>>
If you don't have an online network already it seems fairly pointless. You might want to generally do research about self-promoting these kinds of online things though.

>>93047751
He's probably means production. It's not as simple as pencil and paper if you want to print off 100+ copies professionally bound.
>>
>>93047823
>He's probably means production. It's not as simple as pencil and paper if you want to print off 100+ copies professionally bound.
That and I also can't draw.
>>
>>93047707
>if I just post it will I get a fanbase
Not a big one. You need to market yourself. That's the only way to make it at this point now that webcomics are an oversaturated field aside from an extremely lucky break. I don't know what your comic is like/what your skills are, but even if they were masterpieces at this point that means shit.
>>93047823
>research self-promoting
Listen to this. Do it.
Some other things to try if that's too difficult is trying to integrate yourself into a community with a large following, like transgenderism or some shit. Not necessarily making the comic about that, but becoming well-known in the community and pointing people to it. Also, if you don't care about what your online image is you could always try starting drama. Something that stirs up a lot of attention, even if it's negative, can get you followers. But that's more if you don't care about being harassed by cultist retards who brand anyone outside their box as evil.
>>
>>93047707
Funded a comic anthology and was able to get above goal. About 36k.

What you'll need is the essence of your comic boiled down to the least amount of eye catching words you can manage and throw those words out as much as you can. But before you do that try it on folks to see if it's even remotely appealing. Cause you're gonna be saying it a lot and you need it to say a lot.

You're gonna need some marketable art. You can't have nothing. Gotta spend some of your money to get their money. Unless you lucked out with an artist doing it on spec or you are a marketable artist yourself.

Don't pester celebs. Don't try to push your stuff on comics people that you would never communicate with otherwise. It's a good way to burn bridges and you're already expending a lot of social capital as it is. Do push towards popular people whose interests align with your own but don't overdo it. Once is enough. If they don't respond move on.

Look at your favorite entertainment and comics blogs and sites and see if they have a way to contact them directly. Then prepare a short pitch for some potential press.

Don't politicize your project if that's not what it's about.

Only make rewards you can feasibly deliver on in short order.

Make sure you always keep the public and your team updated on what's happening and always be honest. People are more willing to forgive someone who's honest and is easy to reach than someone who seems to slink away from any potential problem or goes radio silent whenever they feel they might have hit a snag.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>93048146
just write a fucking book then and self-publish a digital copy on Amazon
>>
>>93048469
>You're gonna need some marketable art. You can't have nothing. Gotta spend some of your money to get their money. Unless you lucked out with an artist doing it on spec or you are a marketable artist yourself.
My plan was to get an artist on board and commission some character designs and whatnot to have something to show.

I didn't know you could pitch to blogs and sites for press, that's good to know.

>>93048880
I already do that but I really want to write a comic.
>>
>>93047707
Well, pitch to us your comic and we'll tell you if it's worth it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.