[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to get into comics >too many of them to choose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 0b5.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
0b5.png
27KB, 741x609px
>want to get into comics
>too many of them to choose
>>
>>93046393
current ones are shit so just read old issues of any you're interested in
>>
>>93046393
Pick a major character OP. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash. Then go start from rebirth or new52. Both are good jump on points.

Marvel is a bit harder because they don't have such an easy jump on point, so I recommend starting with DC and then once you get a sense for comics you can branch out.
>>
>>93046393

Read something from Image or Dark Horse first. It'll be more focused and less confusing.
>>
File: 6546540000.jpg (14KB, 258x277px) Image search: [Google]
6546540000.jpg
14KB, 258x277px
>>93046541
>Not contributing to the thread at all
>trying this hard to fit in
>>
>>93046621
Okay,do you have any personal recommendations? Thanks

>>93046507
I guess I'll start with Batman. Thanks
>>
>>93046979
New 52 Batman is good.
>>
>>93047002
>is
was
>>
>>93047002
I just watched Linkara's(Don't ask) video on Flashpoint. Are we still in New 52?
>>
>>93047032
No, now we're in Rebirth, which is also good, though Batman Rebirth is controversial to say the least. Some people love it, others hate it. Personally, I like it, but I can see why some of the more hardcore batfans would have issue with it.
>>
>still shitting redditfrog on every board

RIP 4chan
>>
>>93046393
Just read silver age World's Finest. Trust me, that's all you'll need.
>>
>>93047118
Are we deep into Rebirth? I guess I can binge read New 52
>>
>>93047002
The joke is that there are too many new 52 batmen, right?
>>
>>93047161
not to deep, but DC has been double shipping (two issues a month,rather than one) most of the major series so there's a lot of content.

If you want to just dive in with binge reading, there are torrents/archives floating around that will give you the entirety of this, but IMHO it gets a bit overwhelming if you new to comics in general. I'd select a couple of the main characters and catch up on them. Once you figure out if you like it or not, you can then refine your taste down, or expand to include others. Don't worry if the issue number is high, its more important to chose the starting point of an arc or a creative teams run. Those are the real "chapter" marks of comic books.
>>
Somewhat related, are the Sandman Absolutes worth getting over the TPB collection or the Omnibuses (both of which are much cheaper)? Likewise, how's the quality of the collections? I'd like something I could read more than once without it falling apart or being shit up in five years.

I'm a moron about comics so talk down to me like the idiot I am.
>>
Guess I'll just get the omnibuses.
>>
>>93046393
Just read I Hate Fairyland.
>>
why does comics equal capeshit?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.