[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These movies are getting pretty stale.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

These movies are getting pretty stale.
>>
They're focus tested made by committee garbage specifically manufactured to appeal to as many normies as possible. The hardcore fans will never admit fault in these movies because they rationalize their weaknesses as "well at least we're not DC!".

Doctor Strange was a slap in the face to anyone who has picked up a Strange comic. Guardians 2, while having a bit of originality thanks to James Gunn ultimately succumbed to executive mandates and studio formula.
>>
>>93042593
GOTG2 was really good, Dr strange was also entertaining

i dont about stale, but i can see myself watching all the way up to infinity war
>>
Can't wait for the fad to die so Marlel can suck a giant dick.
>>
>>93042593
Marvel died after Winter Soldier. Its quip-meme-puch with no consequences from now on.
>>
>>93042593
The MCU is the Asscreed of the movie industry
>>
>>93042593
DC >>>>>>> MCU
>>
>>93042593
Superhero movies died with Batman and Robin.
Everything since then has been absolute garbage.
>>
>>93042881
The superhero genre in general is the Asscreed of the movie industry, none stand out in any way whatsoever and they don't exist because of some creative spark, they exist because a bunch of 50 year olds want money.
>>
Strange sucked but GOTG2 was fantastic
>>
They have been stale for a long time, they've decided to stop innovating and appeal to the lowest common denominator halfway through

Does this mean all MCU movies are bad? Absolutely not, does it mean the non drones have seen through their formula? Yes

Unfortunately for us and fortunately for them, they have somehow grown an army of drones who will defend them no matter what through unashamed blind brand loyalty. What IS unfortunate for them though is that what goes up must come down, and it won't be long before Marvel Studios films are the new thing to bash and hate on by all the stooges who were once on their side
>>
I think superhero movies in general are becoming pretty stale. After both GotG 2 and Wonder Woman left me cold, I think I need to take a break from them. Homecoming and JL don't interest me either, Ragnarok might be the only one I watch only because I like the director's previous movies.

DofP and Winter Soldier are the last capemovies I really enjoyed, and that was back in 2014. I'm glad you guys are still able to enjoy them, but they're all just a mediocre slog for me lately, regardless if they're MCU, DCEU or Fox.
>>
File: neuronalactivitydarpa.jpg (29KB, 480x373px) Image search: [Google]
neuronalactivitydarpa.jpg
29KB, 480x373px
>tfw not sick of cape movies

Must suck to be a fairweather brainlet.
>>
File: biskitslaughing.jpg (28KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
biskitslaughing.jpg
28KB, 500x370px
>>93043765
>tfw incapable of differentiating the good from the bad and merely making sweeping generalizations

Must suck to be a stooge, dimwit, and casual. Good and bad comic movies have always existed, it's no different now other than fake geeks jumping on the bandwagon, and they'll be the only ones who jump off. And good fucking riddance.
>>
>>93043874
>THIS assmad that his negative little shitbrain can't find solace from everyone on his favorite anonymous anime image board

sucks to suck
>>
File: 1496838356536.jpg (55KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1496838356536.jpg
55KB, 900x506px
>>93042593
>>93042706
>>93042759
>>93042826
>>93042881
>>93043513
>>93043571
>>93043648
>>93043664
>>93043727
...aaaanyway
>>
>>93044011
but these anons aren't wrong, sooner or later people are going to get tired of superhero movies. Just like any other fad
>>
File: 1496836170976.jpg (682KB, 1075x1583px) Image search: [Google]
1496836170976.jpg
682KB, 1075x1583px
>>93044113
...tell us how you REALLY feel
>>
>>93044011
>>93044156
>posting keey and peele or w/e
We already know who you really are. Go back.
>>
>>93043648
Literally watching strange now, sire it has its problems but its not Iron Man 1 or 3, still a fun watch.
>>
Let's be honest, a lot of the MCU has always been stale, like Iron Man 2, Incredible Hulk, and so on. But the reason I love it so much is that it's the only Movie Franchise that's consistent and has been always delivered on its promises. It's the only franchise that every single question or cliffhanger it presents is eventually addressed (outside the Leader)
>>
Well yeah, the formula prints money.
>>
>>93043664

> decided to stop innovating

Yeah. How could Doctor Strange rip off all those movies thst have an extended action scene taking place in a landscape that is progressing backwards in time?

Using the changing surroundings and exploiting it for unusual combat advantages? How cliche is that!

Its almost a shot for shot remake of all of those other movies that used that trick, like.... uh....

Like......

UHHHHHH......
>>
>>93044796
it has some bad jokes so it's a 2/10 movie
>>
>>93044796
>Using the changing surroundings and exploiting it for unusual combat advantages?
Inception.
>>
I just want superhero movies to stop.
>>
>>93044796
It doesn't matter, your days are numbered drone. Literally nothing lasts forever, and the MCU will jump the shark soon enough too much for critics to keep ignoring, they will be forced to acknowledge it to save their reputation and decide to trash the MCU, and that will be when you fold
>>
>hur dur, I can't wait to see marvLEL fail eventually
>quips and memes won't sustain marLEL forever
So I guess the fun I was having for 10 years isn't real. I can't wait to realize how pathetic I was for enjoying what everyone else seem to enjoy as well.
>>
>>93044923
>doesn't know what jumping the shark means
>>
>>93045000
>fun

based falseflagger
>>
>>93044923

I dunno. 3 shit movies in a row didnt kill DC before they finally got one thats watchable. It would certainly be embarassing if Marvel just totally drops the ball on their next movie, but it would take more than that to sink them after 10+ movies of good credit.
>>
I get the feeling there could be a big dropoff in interest after Infinity Wars finishes up.
>>
>>93045055
>I dunno. 3 shit movies in a row didnt kill DC before they finally got one thats watchable. It would certainly be embarassing if Marvel just totally drops the ball on their next movie, but it would take more than that to sink them after 10+ movies of good credit.
You're really missing the point here, friend. 10+ movies is why Marvel is going to eventually fail regardless, it will be out of fashion just like anything that gets so shoved in peoples faces that they get sick of it.
>>93045021
Marvel Studios already "jumped the shark" with Iron Man 3, Iron Man movie about RDJ not being Iron Man, a cute DIsney kid sidekick, and ruining a classic villain

It already did, drones are the only ones who didn't acknowledge that, and like I said, your time is numbered....the trend will end, just like hair metal ended, just like grunge ended, just like nu metal ended, the MCU formula will end
>>
>>93045434
>doesn't know what jumping the shark means
>>
ITT: Hipster general
>>
>>93045000
muh funnnnn, omg funnnn, my fun is best funnnn everything needs to be made for kids to be funnn i had so much funnnnnnnn
>>
>>93045468
Jumping the shark is a reference to Happy Days, it refers to the point in which a series or franchise is has gone too far to be taken seriously

MCU has done that
>>
>>93045869
So even after looking it up you still can't use it correctly.
>>
>>93045434
>Marvel Studios already "jumped the shark" with Iron Man 3, Iron Man movie about RDJ not being Iron Man, a cute DIsney kid sidekick, and ruining a classic villain

Thing is, Iron Man was never a popular series. The only famous Iron Man story people knew was Demon in a Bottle.
>>
>>93046203
I used it correctly. For those of us who grew up in the 90s, the idea of a kid friendly Iron Man movie that would butcher classic characters and feature the actor without a suit for 90 percent of the movie with a kid sidekick and above all else because Disney, yes that is jumping the shark

You kids who grew up with the MCU need not apply to this discussion
>>
i watched dr. strange on netflix and i thought it was trash. there were way too many characters, none of which felt important and that hospital fight looked like it was made using mortal kombat x. i like that they actually built up a villain for the next one tho.

gotg 2 wasn't as bad, but man i don't find their humor to be funny.
>>
>>93046248
>I used it correctly

You didnt.

>for those of us who grew up in the 90s
>you kids

Fuck I love it when babby millenials whine about "kids these days."
>>
>>93046248
Be glad the original plan where the kid was in the final battle didn't happen.
>>
>>93046352
Wow that sounds absolutely disgusting
>>93046306
>but man i don't find their humor to be funny.
I completely agree, it's cringe humor at it's finest
>>
File: CW.jpg (18KB, 648x189px) Image search: [Google]
CW.jpg
18KB, 648x189px
Stale popcorn is the tastiest
>>
>>93046411
Nobody says that movie was bad, you prove absolutely zero points
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.