[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get in to to reading DC, like where to start? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: the-green-arrow.jpg (561KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
the-green-arrow.jpg
561KB, 1200x800px
How do I get in to to reading DC, like where to start? There's just so much I really don't know where to begin.
If I had to pick someone specific to start with I'd go with Green Arrow for someone who particularly interests me.
>>
>>93041482
You could start with Rebirth which is the most current thing happening with DC, Green Arrow Rebirth is apparently a pretty good series so you could check that out
>>
>>93041482
I started with Green Lantern, and going through Blackest Night gave me a taste of a lot of characters so I could branch off from there.
>>
Mike Grell's The Longbow Hunters. Then Start at Volume 1 of the Green Arrow by Mike Grell TPB run. There are 8 volumes plus Longbow Hunters. Volume 9 will be out next January, which finishes his entire run.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1401238629/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_twi_pap_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496830635&sr=8-1&keywords=green+arrow+longbow+hunters

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1401243266/ref=pd_aw_sim_14_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=QFFXA734YYZAD4Y4FCZV&dpPl=1&dpID=51lyg35ADQL
>>
File: 1495674064962.png (1MB, 1544x938px) Image search: [Google]
1495674064962.png
1MB, 1544x938px
>>93041482
>How do I get in to to reading DC, like where to start?

go to a comic book store and read one
>>
>>93041482
Just read what interests you, then dig into the history of what you like.
>>
>>93041577
>>93041574
I'm a filthy poorfag
>>93041556
>>93041536
>>93041597
So basically just dive headlong in to something I like?
>>
>>93041889
>I'm a filthy poorfag
>>92983205 or getcomics.info
>>
>>93041482
I was in the same boat and just started with the Rebirth stuff. There's single issue Rebirth comics that establish shit and split off into their series. They're made for people who are new or just starting out so you'll be fine.
>>
>>93041482
Great choice, Green Arrow has some really solid stories in DC.

I would recommend starting with
Longbow Hunters as >>93041574 suggested, and reading Grells run. You should be able to download most of it easily enough with a google search.

Then you can do two things, you can go further back and read Green Lantern and Green Arrow for a very political book that made Green Arrow the iconic liberal he is. It's also where Speedy gets hooked on heroine arc is. Very good run.

Or if you want the more modern style of story and more action start with the Rebirth Green Arrow. Has some great arc and nice quick storytelling that keeps it exciting.

Then, now that you really love Green Arrow and Black Canary's relationship as we all do, read Amanda Connors run where they get married. It's pretty great too.
>>
>>93041482
Green Arrow is muy boi.

Year One
The Wonder Year
Green Lantern/ Green Arrow
Mike Grell run
Kevin Smith run
Brad Meltzer run
Jeff Lemiere run

Thats your basic overview.
>>
>>93041482
When I started I grabbed Identity Crisis, then grabbed the books of characters I liked within it. Read up o the great stories, grab trades, and just read books you're interested in. At the moment, DC is labeling individual issue's place within arcs, so you can grab back issues to have a full arc. Pick up what you like. Drop what you don't, and don't be afraid to do some Wikipedia research for broader backstories.
>>
File: 1484128747386.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1484128747386.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93044493
>>
>>93041536
>Green Arrow Rebirth is apparently a pretty good series
I don't know about that, the art is excellent, but the story is insipid feminist drivel.
>>
>>93047989
>the story is insipid feminist drivel.
what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>93041889
>So basically just dive headlong in to something I like?

more or less, but I would at least do an archive search on /co/ to see if it's something obviously bad
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.