[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1658.jpg (3MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1658.jpg
3MB, 1920x2951px
Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that getting rid of him was a good idea.
>>
>>93037905
Merging their characters was good but merging their histories was not
>>
>>93037974
I do wish they kept the Kents and had Connor still in the history. Other than that, I really don't have much of a problem with it.
>>
File: Superman_and_Lois_Lane.jpg (32KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_and_Lois_Lane.jpg
32KB, 640x480px
>>93037905
If it meant retconning shitty things like SM/WW and getting great things like Superdaddy, then I would glad trade Superbro's life. His life was nothing but misery. He just got shitted on too much.
>>
>>93038662

I do wonder if the Kents thing will ever be fixed. God I hope it is. I expect another reality shift or two before Rebirth is over. The Flash's at least still need a good unfucking.

And I still think Connor is out there. He's prisoner with Tim. and Bart Johns has gone out of his way to save that team before. He'll do it again. Don't forget, we weren't told Connor didn't happen. We just weren't shown him. He's going to need a new hero name though. Valor? Nobodies using that, right?
>>
>>93037905
>>93038808

I haven't read his era because every page seemed to be angst or people being asses to him or something I don't want to read, especially out of Superman. It seemed like an awful and weird attempt to get out ahead of what a modern film would do, and do it in comics first.
>>
>>93037905

The main problems with the Superbro's era was the constant switching of writers. The Morrison Action run is a good example of what could be done with the character and I didn't have a problem with unmaking the marriage (in the editorially mandated sense of making the universe friendly to newbies and casuals) but likewise, the entire line (not just Superman, but the Superbooks, and everything else) had the problems where editorial wanted to shove ALL the major post crisis stories of the DC Universe (not just Doomsday or depowered Superman, Brainiac bottling up Metropolis, etc.) and re-run them again.

The problem with this is that these story lines were mostly tweaked and not always in genuinely interesting and worthwhile ways. So long-time buyers were pushed away and new readers weren't really invested in the longterm.

Superman Unchained sold Batman/Spider-man numbers throughout its run, featuring Superbro, but didn't translate into sales for the other books.
>>
I loathed the Superbro era, but I hated the way they just threw him aside. Up until the point they reintroduced the old Superman and categorically said that this isn't the Superman we remember, I think he could have been fixed.
>>
File: doomday clock.jpg (12KB, 256x197px) Image search: [Google]
doomday clock.jpg
12KB, 256x197px
>>93037905
>implying he isnt coming back in doomsday clock
>>
>>93037905
Yes. Now if only DC could completely remove all traces
>>
>>93037905
But they didn't get rid of him.
>>
>>93037905
It's the same damn character, though. And the way they went about this smelled like the worst the 90s had to offer.
>>
Superbro's gonna be seen with the same weirdness and bizarre existence as secret agent Wonder Woman and Superman Blue will be, probably.

It was good to get rid of him. I think it was a disservice to him and his fans to make him part of Superdad's series, but whatever. I would've kept things how they were, with Superlex and Wally/Supes being both pre-flashpoint.
>>
>>93041571
Someone post all the Dad Jokes Superman's made with Jon.
>>
>>93037905
FUCK YOU. Hater
>>
>>93038830
>I expect another reality shift or two before Rebirth is over.
Yeah most likely not for Superman though since he's just had is history changed. I honestly think the Kents will stay dead.
>>
>>93041162
Well he already came back though.
>>
He was already dead, there was not a single problem, but DC had to found a way to fuck up with that merging retarded shit.
>>
>>93037905
He's the same character as Superdad though so he isn't really gone.
>>
>>93041997
The problem is that Superdad had no history or connections in the New 52 world so merger fixed that.
>>
>>93037905
Nah dude. I hate what DC did to him.
>>
>>93038848
>believing in what /co/ says

just read it yourself you faggot.

>>93039935
in what fucking way rebirth is any different then? they are doing this even worse: making new versions of stories told on new 52 and tweaking a little bit. The first arc of trinity is almost the same of one of the first arcs of Batman/Superman from new 52.

>>93042020
That is fine, because he should make new connections and a new history, they retconned their entire life post-convergence in this shit, a entire year of work for just putting them on metropolis again, for shitty metropolis status quo again? He should start again as Clark White, Lois working on the city's journal and keep their lives.

dont even let me start on the bullshit that was Old Lois personating the new Lois and shit, like Jonathan never existed before and ignoring that was retarded and creepy as fuck.
>>
>>93038830
>wishing for reality breaking clusterfuck events to turn things back to your favorite version
Is this why cape comics are garbage
>>
>op is a nostalgia fag trying to bait superbro fans
>>
>>93037905
I like that they got rid of him because that actually made him his own character. Every other DC hero other than Wally has been filled in/replaced by someone else, but killing Superbro and bringing back Superman made superbro his own entity (the fusion that came later aside) which I think made things like the SM/WW pairing and him never being with Lois a little more tolerable.
>>
¿? This is always WRITERS FAULT... Not character fault..
>>
>>93045737
I don't think Superbro can be seen as a separate character now especially since it was revealed he was just a half of Superdad.
>>
>>93045919
well, I ignore what DC says about the matter, for me Final Days of Superman is the final Superbro story.

Why give credit to shit stories? the best boy lived and died, that is already fine on its own.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.