[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>All Star Spider-Man What's it about /co/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: 1473876062964.png (345KB, 415x408px) Image search: [Google]
1473876062964.png
345KB, 415x408px
>All Star Spider-Man

What's it about /co/
>>
Spider-Man as a Mr. A style objectivist hero
>>
>>93027194
I imagined that Peter would fully embrace being Spider-Man, and completely give up on a personal life, and that he would actively stalk and bully the fuck out of his main cast of villians
>>
File: 34216.jpg (57KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
34216.jpg
57KB, 500x509px
>A proposed graphic novel in the wake of the success of Arkham Asylum, with art by Simon Bisley. Morrison expressed a desire to return to the Ditko Spider-Man. "It's not Spider-Man in Arkham Asylum or anything - it's action all the way with things blowing up from page one but it still won't be a great deal like the Spider-Man that everyone is used to"

>According to the webchat Morrison gave at Next Planet Over in 1999, the story was to begin with an attack by Mysterio, resulting in Spider-Man waking in a parallel world where Aunt May died and Peter never married.

>"The Spider-Man of that world is a creepy, skinny Ditko guy, who lives on his own and is shunned by the neighbors." said Morrison, "He only comes alive when he's out on the rooftops leaping about and squirting jets of white stuff over everything. Freud would have loved the story as the creepy but ultimately decent Spider-Man meets his counterpart from a place where Peter married a supermodel and made lots of money. The story was based around that tension and the ultimate redemption of the creepy Ditko character. I'd do something different now."
>>
>>93027707
>Shocker comes out all bruised up from a gig earlier.
>His damp, small apartment room is pitch black due to the light being off.
>His hand fumbles around the wall, attempting to feel for a light switch.
>Eventually, his fingers find it, flicking them on.
>Nothing is in the room but a single open locker.
>"....What?" He questions, leaning in closer.
>Spider-Man is revealed to be standing behind him.
>Pushes Shocker in and slams the locker closed.
>Kicks it over and swings off screaming. "DORK!"
>>
File: j-jonah-jameson_picture.jpg (54KB, 160x225px) Image search: [Google]
j-jonah-jameson_picture.jpg
54KB, 160x225px
>>93027769
That's fucking amazing.
>>
>>93027769
Is this from an actual thing, or did you make this up?
>>
>>93027870
It was an actually thing Morrison was planning.
>>
>>93027896
It sounds fucking great. Fuck, I'd love that.
>>
>>93027870

Actual thing
>>
>>93026694
>Someone saved my image

Cool. I removed the Molten Man's hand and a speech bubble using Paint to leave only Spidey and his cool pose on the panel. You can see the shitty job if you look closely on the bottom left. The shadow and the light.
>>
>>93027769
The stinger of Ditko Peter meeting and getting on great with his universe's MJ writes itself.
>>
File: 1492815171583.png (719KB, 475x711px) Image search: [Google]
1492815171583.png
719KB, 475x711px
>Peter sleeps with his mask on
>Peter steals from the crooks he beats the shit out of to pay rent
>At least once a week, someone from the avengers or shield tells him to chill out. He tells them to get lost or he'll fuck them up too
>>
A single 12-issue series about the life and death of Peter Parker.
Spider-Man is a story about growing up, so make that the entire plot of the story. Each subsequent issue takes place after a timeskip, and we see Peter Parker as he grows into a man, then gets older and marries and has kids, and then eventually becomes an old man and dies fulfilled, knowing that while he had struggles in his life, they were all worth it for the good that he did.
Make him go through horrible suffering and hardship just like normal Spider-Man, but allow him respites and moments of true happiness.

None of that CEO bullshit Slott tries to pull, I personally was a fan of JMS's idea of him being a science teacher at a high school.
>>
File: 45788.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
45788.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>93027769

Bummer that despite growing up on team Marvel Morrison never got a real Marvel run outside of X-Men which was pretty much the only comic he never liked.

Stan was pretty much the meta innovator
>>
>>93028172
Him being a teacher is neat but it'd never work out on the long run. Constantly missing work because of superhero problems, showing up full of bruises on his face, etc.
>>
>>93028182
What the actual fuck is going on here
>>
File: stanlee019.jpg (164KB, 582x546px) Image search: [Google]
stanlee019.jpg
164KB, 582x546px
>>93028249

What's going on is Marvel comics used to be good.

In-universe Stan & Jack were guys that were hired to chronicle the F4's adventures in monthly comics.
>>
A story that goes all throughout Peter's life, jumping from when he was 12 to when he was 3 to when he was 37, for example. Throughout all of it, there would be a non-linear narrative about a supervillain that used to be one of Peter's childhood friends. The story finally ends with the supervillain being defeated, but with Peter losing his leg in the process. He decides to retire from the role of Spider-Man and have a child with MJ.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.