[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Transformers Show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 473
Thread images: 141

File: latest[1].jpg (133KB, 819x529px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
133KB, 819x529px
and why is it beast wars?
>>
>>93026057
Why was blackarachnia so hot
>>
it's because you were a kid at the time
>>
>>93026173
big robot titties
>>
>>93026057
Good writing.
>>
>>93026057
That's not how you write Beas- OHWAITYOUREACTUALLYRIGHTNVMTHEN.
>>
>>93026057

The consistent story-line and actual consequences in the show.

Characters died, and unlike most kid shows where they came back when bots died in beast wars they stayed dead. (except for dinobot, but he was cloned, and Optimus, but he did it so many times that the show itself called him on it.)

It also helped that the characters were awesome and entertaining, the voice work was good and still holds up even now, and everyone chewed the scenery like a pig in a trough, lookin' at you Megatron.
>>
>>93026057

Because it was so isolated it made following the series bible incredibly easy. No need to introduce new characters each episode, or new plot elements just to drive one episode. It could have back and forth victories because of the perpetual stuckness of it.

I wish the show had a bigger budget, losing Airrazor, tigatron, terrorsaur and not getting many new characters was a bit of a loss. Rotating around a slightly fuller cast could have been interesting, but seeing characters have to go and getting stuck with one-dimensional villains was unfortunate.

Also it stems from a time in the 90's where everyone was making hit action/drama shows for kids. Batman, X-men, they treated young adults, like... well adults, and din't just try to fart in their face. The competition meant each show had to try. We got such gems as beast wars, Gargoyles, reboot and such. Nowadays, spastic bullshit reigns supreme.
>>
>>93029251
>such gems as beast wars, Gargoyles, reboot and such. Nowadays, spastic bullshit reigns supreme.

For every Beast Wars or Batman there was a Cowboys of Moo Mesa or Extreme Dinosaurs

Always good and bad regardless of what the current trend is, same goes for now
>>
>>93026173
She's based on a Asian stripper.
>>
>>93026057
rattrap and dinobot were fun, always squabbling but actually be bros that respected each other.

too bad beast machines was shit.
who thought it was a good idea to have them run away for the entire first season and then have rhynox go bad?
>>
>>93030960

Even then, those were of a different genre. Those were more a take on ninja turtles. Moo Mesa was before batman TAS success and it spawned the more serious young adult shows. Anything in the 90-94 is hitcing off of TMNT success. Cartoons took a while to produce greenlit. So it took a while for copy cats to come out. Some did manage to fly out the next year, some did not. We certainly saw different kinds of shows spill out in the 94-98 era of cartoons.

What young adult shows are there today? Rebels? Young Justice? Everything is very much tied to the biggest franchises.
>>
File: 1280x720-GsI.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-GsI.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>93026057
Animated was as good as BW. Maybe even better
>>
animals are cool
robots are cool
make them fight and its hella cool
>>
>>93033550
Especially when some of them are animal FUSIONS
>>
>>93033186
I don't know that I'd consider any show with action figures to be a young adult show

I see what you're saying, but they're all just kids action shows to me, some just happen to be better than others. I don't think think "young adult" was even a demographic anybody considered until like Toonami Midnight Run and Adult Swim started to come out, stuff like Gargoyles, Beast Wars, and Batman all aired at the same time slots as all the other kids shows and sold toys to that same demographic, young boys
>>
>>93033496
No.
>>
File: Optimus Prime.png (171KB, 545x482px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Prime.png
171KB, 545x482px
>>93034363
Yes
>>
>>93028122
Rewatched as adult

Can confirm still the best
>>
>>93034303
>I don't know that I'd consider any show with action figures to be a young adult show

Even game of thrones and walking dead have action figures. Its too easy these days to cash in.

Young adult existed in the 90's. The 13-25 crowd was pretty big on shows like Reboot, spider-man x-men. Its why they got to air at different hours. you're wrong about that. Airing weekly at 3:30 vs saturday morning is very different. Many got treated differenly once their success was proven. Got to advertise in gaming magazines, it was a different market share. The goal was always younger boys, but it was realized as an untapped market in 90's and still carries today.
>>
File: 1463498624864.jpg (19KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
1463498624864.jpg
19KB, 253x296px
>>93034522

no.. it wasn't
>>
>>93028286
>>Yeeeessssssss
>>No!
>>But yeeesssss
>>
Best series with the best versions of certain characters coming through.
>>
>>93033496
It was good but one must consider that that was due to taken a few inspirations from BW such as the war being over and an Optimus that was just a captain rather than supreme commander.
>>
File: KP-Starscream[1].png (188KB, 377x482px) Image search: [Google]
KP-Starscream[1].png
188KB, 377x482px
>>93034919
Best Starscream
>>
>>93034601
>Even game of thrones and walking dead have action figures. Its too easy these days to cash in.
That's these days though, literally everything has an action figure since "nerd chic" has blown up, these are days where comic con is not a convention for sweaty nerds but a multi media destination

And yes, I was wrong about the young adult demo not existing now that I think about it, but I still don't consider any of those shows to be part of it....they were put out as kids shows but some just happened to have more merit than others. To me the "young adult" shows of the day would have been things like Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, etc etc, certainly not any of the toyetic shows of the day or capeshit aside from maybe HBO's Spawn

Then again maybe we have different ideas on what constitutes as "young adult", to me it would be 16 at the earliest to 25 at the latest, certainly not 13
>>
I remember a series where the gimmick was these Cybertron keys that would activate some special thing when it was inserted. Man that was fucking cool, especially when one of the transformers became a lion, and his key made claws shoot out.
>>
File: Starscream.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>93033496
This. Animated is pure Transformers Kino
>>
>>93028151

"When we get outta here, I'll take you to a place where the fembots walk around without their chestplates on."

God that show was amazing.
>>
>>93035596
>that hub logo
I miss it
>>
>>93032493
Was there EVER any Mainframe female characters not based on a Canadian stripper?
>>
>>93035919
kid AndrAIa?
>>
>>93035254

Even still 16-25 is an age commonly seen to have a bit of a disposable income. It's why we got more and more video game tie-ins which weren't yet marketed to kids under 8 at that time. You're not wrong on those MTV shows being young adult, but they're mostly comedy shows.

You have to remember Im saying it changed DURING this time. There is a difference between ReBoots first season and last. Or Justice League coming in the wake of Batman and Superman shows.

They're "young" adult, still not "adult" shows though. Beavis & Butthead delved away from that with "mature" notices.

It was a competitive window in time that was all but destroyed by anime. Why make a new show when you could just dub gundam, or dragon bll z?
>>
>>93035929
You're only half right.
>>
>>93035919
Airrazor doesn't seem to be particularly sexualized.
>>
>>93035596
this is the best starscream prove me wrong
>>
>>93036099
He was, if you ask me, certainly the most successful one in cartoon form.

But I really like Prime's design more.
>>
>>93036097

Only black arachnia on beast machines was too. Strikka and Bontanica seem more toned down.

God lord are all the Reboot ladies very hookerish looking season 3 on. Dot, Mouse, AndrAIa, hexadecimal. like....geezz.....
>>
>>93035944
See I don't even consider Justice League a young adult show even if it appealed to some adults, to me it was a kids action show, and you bring up DBZ which I view the same way....kids action show in my personal opinion, it ended up seeming more mature to adolescents though in the West because Japan is more lenient towards whats acceptable in a show put out for kids, but still put out for kids nonetheless.

I'll put it this way, I don't think any show that was truly "young adult" in terms of it's primary demographic could ever have Happy Meal toys or have merch at TRU

That being said, action shows have sort of faded out in popularity since around the 09/2010 era but that's because they dominated during the 90s and 00s, trends just change, same reason hair metal died and grunge died and nu metal died and etc etc, cartoons are no different, whats popular will eventually become stale and a new thing will take over, but action shows certainly still exist that took themselves seriously on some level and would have fit right in with the 90s crop they just took a backseat to other shows, we've had Transformers Prime, G.I Joe Renegades, Beware The Batman, Tron Legacy, and hell even the recent TMNT was mature compared to the original show despite it's cutesy design, and Transformers Animated as well wasn't exactly purely aimed super young kids like say Rescue Bots....in short, action cartoons never went anywhere really, they're just not that popular now, maybe because other types of shows have proven to have merit which weren't previously expected to, much like in the 90s certain action shows were proven to have merit and be different than most of their 80s predecessors which were largely seen as little more than toy commercials by the more critical of viewers
>>
>>93036317
What shows do you consider "young adult"? Not to say I call the shows that have been put into question as young adult. They were simply children's shows that treated their audience with the same respect afforded a mature person.
>>
File: F.jpg (39KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
F.jpg
39KB, 800x450px
>>93033496
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ql-4Mp_jPU
Who's death hurt more?
>>
>>93036317

Beavis and Butthead DID have merch at Toys R Us, so Im not really sure I get your argument. I think you just want to ignore what other people did or how things were seen.

If you dont consider batman, beast wars, gargoyles ect. young adult what programming of the same time period do you consider to be? If none, then you're basically saying that companies folded on the idea of selling things to people from age 14-25.
>>
>>93036529
Good news.

You can relieve his death again and again soon.
>>
>>93036317

Justice league was an hour long prime time show, the constantly dealt with themes above what a 7 year old should see, if that's not a tier up from kids show, idk wtf you're thinking.
>>
>>93036584
>Beavis and Butthead DID have merch at Toys R Us
Yeah idk maybe not a great point, so ignore that part of my post and consider the rest of it.

My argument is that just because some kids shows have adult fanbases doesn't mean they aren't kids shows nonetheless. I don't consider somebody who is 14 years old to be "young adult", I consider them to be a kid. To me young adult would imply late teens and early 20s, and only the nerds of which age groups would still be watching super hero media and related things, aka people who still watch stuff perceived by their peers to be....you know, for kids, because it's put out for kids

>young adult what programming of the same time period do you consider to be?
Also answering >>93036460
I already said, stuff like Daria, Beavis and Butthead, Aeon Flux, stuff that was clearly put out to target older kids and young adults, not coincidentally having a following from specific pockets of them

>>93036712
>Justice league was an hour long prime time show, the constantly dealt with themes above what a 7 year old should see
Says who? Mind if I ask how old you are?
>>
>>93036617
His raptor mode looks like a boat with limbs.
>>
>>93036908

I keep having to ignore and correct you on a lot of things. I'll just have to agree to disagree? you're being pretty chill about it, but I just think youre drawing the lines in the sand in odd places. If anything ever had anything sexual in it, I can tell you that was for the young adult audience. Anyway, back to beast wars.

Fox generally made kids shows and WB was more open to the market of teenagers. Beast Wars was made for syndication, its a shame fox got it beast machines would have been way better on WB. Fox was so anal about every little punch. The heroes probably would have been allowed laser guns on WB. I wish hasbro would revisit beast wars. Marvel and DC house huge universes, why not branch out transformers more?
>>
File: blz23.jpg (644KB, 1200x1872px) Image search: [Google]
blz23.jpg
644KB, 1200x1872px
>>93037137
>If anything ever had anything sexual in it, I can tell you that was for the young adult audience.
I don't remember any of the shows we're talking about being sexual....and if they were it was in a tongue in cheek nature that was common in 90s kids shows, it was a different time, innuendo was common. Animaniacs had tons of sexual jokes.

>Marvel and DC house huge universes, why not branch out transformers more?
The issue there is that the story has been completed, Beast Wars was eventually made canon to G1, a direct continuation, and BM was a direct continuation of it and served as an ending. That being said it has been explored with the IDW Beast Wars comics which took place during the later part of Beast Wars and ended right before the events of Beast Machines and even made use of most of the characters who never got to appear in the show in major or minor roles, I don't know how much more they could really milk that particular continuity considering it already ended, without retconning BM of course which honestly I really wouldn't have an issue with.

Then there's also the Japanese BW shows, but those are complete ass.
>>
>>93037594

Man, you're really a buzzkill.
>>
>>93028286

The writers actually knew very little of Transformers so they did their own thing and it worked. They were surprised when people started shouting out things from the original that they never intended that way at all. For example they just wanted to blow up a moon and because they couldn't they put in a second. Only after a while did they realize this and started doing some lose research after pointers from the original Transformers.
>>
>>93038269
I'm simply answering your question. You claim to want more Beast Wars media, I told you it exists.
>>
File: 400px-Starscreamut.jpg (66KB, 400x366px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Starscreamut.jpg
66KB, 400x366px
>>93036099
The loyal, honorable warrior one exists.
>>
>>93035258

That would be Transformers: Cybertron.
>>
>>93039296
I will forever love the Unicron trilogy despite its faults for giving us (at least) two Unicron models and a Primus.
>>
File: thiskillsthetarn.png (288KB, 488x593px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillsthetarn.png
288KB, 488x593px
>>93026057
>We will never get a TF show with Beast Wars tier writing and TFP tier animation
Why live?
>>
>>93039292
A shame he was stuck in a shitty show
>>
>>93039357
You never know, Transformers shows have a short lifespan. I've been alive since G1 was still lingering on the airwaves and I've seen every one of the 10 shows since, you got that many years left in you?
>>
>>93039112
>I don't think outside the box and don't know what sex is

Yea.... sounds fun autist, do you also explain to people why posting on /co/ is pointless?

Im saying hasbro can make more, and you're like "nope, done" cause, ya know, a new series is impossible with all the damn movies and shows they make all the time.
>>
File: 1402421078126.jpg (74KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1402421078126.jpg
74KB, 500x400px
>>93039357
>we will never get a big crossover between all TF shows
Feels bad, man. I just want to see a multiversal team of Starscreams
>>
>>93039471
>They lose to the universal team of Megatrons as destiny would have it
>>
File: tumblr_m5ufvktUtW1ro0esd.gif (359KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m5ufvktUtW1ro0esd.gif
359KB, 300x275px
>>93039489
>multiversal team of Megatrons
>BW Megatron gets bullied for being technorganic
>>
File: tumblr_n9n1k1KblB1qcrr5qo1_1280.jpg (80KB, 600x935px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9n1k1KblB1qcrr5qo1_1280.jpg
80KB, 600x935px
Is Beast Wars: Uprising any good? The comics have been meh to god awful lately (except for TAAO but that is unfortunately ending) and the current cartoon doesn't do much for me so I was thinking of checking out the prose side of things.
>>
>>93039447
>Im saying hasbro can make more, and you're like "nope, done" cause, ya know, a new series is impossible with all the damn movies and shows they make all the time

A new Transformers series has existed ever since the franchise started, you casual faggot. The Beast Era is done, deal with it. It would make absolutely no sense to go back to it if you actually knew jack shit about what you were talking about.
>>
>>93026057
Is that dude in the back left a shark? I don't remember there being a shark.
>>
>>93039568
>The comics have been meh to god awful lately (except for TAAO but that is unfortunately ending)
I just want Power of the Primes to start already. Or hell it doesn't even have to be that. Just let Onyx Prime fuck shit up already.
>>
>>93026057
It avoided the biggest problem with every other transformers series, the human characters.
>>
>>93039574
>go back

See, this is the "can't think outside the box" attitude I was talking about. I know what Im talking about, but look at you. You're like...

>A new Transformers series has existed ever since the franchise started,

Like...this is your big point. You're seriously, a fucking retard

>hurr durr beast era is done, hasbro couldn't possibly do rebooted beast wars along side another show. One franchise, one show

DC has multiple shows and movies going, marvel. Star Trek, Star Wars, other sprawling franchises that have had overlap in their medium.

>It would make absolutely no sense to go back

Let me guess, you're one of those people that's happy when a movie adapts something from a comic, even if its dumb or doesn't fit the narrative cause "the comic did it" so the movie "did the comic justice" Right? Deviation and change is bad, right?

I always forget transformers fans attracts the most autistic people ever.
>>
>>93039568
Alone Together was fun and Transmutate is hot
>>
>>93037594
>Then there's also the Japanese BW shows, but those are complete ass.
Lies, BWII was a good time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2ae8uzhiQ
>>
>>93039623
He was a manta ray desu
>>
>>93026057
That's not Rescue Bots
>>
>>93039568
It's great. Broken Windshields is a weak start and Intersectionality is too long for its own good, but everything else is fantastic.
>>
File: primal_jim.png (106KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
primal_jim.png
106KB, 320x238px
>>93040791
>>
>>93033496
>Animated was as good as BW. Maybe even better
This is objectively correct.
considering both were rather bad cartoon shows.

However
No show was better at being bad than the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUDJzHaBOU
>>
Soooo is the new Lost Light out? Is it any good?
>>
>>93040550
>DC has multiple shows and movies going, marvel. Star Trek, Star Wars, other sprawling franchises that have had overlap in their medium.

So does Transformers? Multiple shows out on the air, 3 to be exact at the very moment at least in the US, and multiple comic universes

Beast Wars was a specific storyline that is part of the G1 timeline. Sure, COULD you recreate it? Yes, but why would you? Would you do it the same way? Then you would just be copying what has already been done, are you talking about just using more beast formers? They've been a thing since G1 and continue to exist in nearly every series

I'd really like to hear your brilliant synopsis for "going back to Beast Wars" because I really bet you've put absolutely zero thought into this
>>
>>93039568
BW:U is pretty inconsistent with its quality but it's worth reading just for all of the insane, weird ideas they come up with.

Be warned though, you'll come out of it wanting several toys that do not and will never exist.
>>
File: InexorableMarch_Vehicons.jpg (406KB, 1278x908px) Image search: [Google]
InexorableMarch_Vehicons.jpg
406KB, 1278x908px
>>93041118
>>
File: 48885744_p0.png (794KB, 827x549px) Image search: [Google]
48885744_p0.png
794KB, 827x549px
>>93036140
The Transformers: Prime version is definetly one of my favorites.
Watching him bitch and/or suffer is such a treat, even his clipshow episode is good.
>>
>>93041332
Not to seem like CIS SCUM or whatever here, but I feel like TFP Screamer did a great job at visually capturing what the character always kinda was....

A bitchy gay guy
>>
File: Perceptor idle stance.png (168KB, 365x281px) Image search: [Google]
Perceptor idle stance.png
168KB, 365x281px
>>93034951
>It was good but one must consider that that was due to taken a few inspirations from BW

nigga that is the fucking definition of how to make a good sequel. You take what worked from the previous instalments, add a few new ideas and buff out the mangled shit that didn't work.
>>
>>93026057
>try to stream beast wars after it was taken off netflix
>every site is 360p garbage
The show's visual quality isn't the best, so anything less than HD makes it look like I put blocky vaseline on my screen.

Anyone got an HD stream or do I need to go full torrent?
>>
>>93041332
>Watching him bitch and/or suffer is such a treat

MMM, YOU BET
>>
>>93039542
That makes sense. I mean, it's the only possible way the other megatrons could stand a chance.
>>
>>93041692
>it's the only possible way the other megatrons could stand a chance
What is Barnie capable of?
>>
File: 56674854_p0_master1200.jpg (711KB, 803x1200px) Image search: [Google]
56674854_p0_master1200.jpg
711KB, 803x1200px
>>93041526
> the way he moved
> those slutty stilettos
I think I get you. It's no wonder this Starscream has tons of gay fanart on Pixiv.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMQXbN1578M
>>
>>93041031
Depends. Do you like Megatron-wank?
>>
File: ohno.png (107KB, 271x272px) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
107KB, 271x272px
>>93042036
It's my least favorite kind of wank.
>>
>>93041733
Rule Cybertron, for one.
>>
>>93041625
You literally can't watch Beast Wars in HD, it was rendered for standard definition.
>>
>>93036097
I heard Airrazor was dubbed as a male character in some countries
>>
>>93042488
>Airazor's gender in the Hasbro line is due to Beast Wars story editors Bob Forward and Larry DiTillio's insistence. The original Airazor toy wasn't developed with a specific gender in mind, and Bob & Larry wanted a larger female presence in the show, and the Airazor toy seemed as good a choice as any. They requested the change early enough that the toy's packaging bio could have its pronouns changed to female.
>In the Japanese dub of Beast Wars, Airazor was made male.

>When the pair are attacked, they both express their love for one another in dialogue primarily unchanged from the English version. Their romantic attraction was a very spontaneous change in the Japanese version of the series and Japanese magazine editors, responding to letters from confused young fans, gently explained the situation. From the letters page of the Beast Wars Club magazine
>Question: "If Tigatron and Airazor are both boys, how come they were flirting when the Aliens abducted them?"
>Answer: "Even among humans there are boys who both love (like) each other. In the case of Tigatron and Airazor, they had been fighting together for a long time and as their emotions increased, their friendship turned to feelings of love. 'Transform', indeed!"
>>
>>93026057

The animation was on a tight budget preventing the writers from adding too many characters, so they had to write the few that they had very well.

The writers also had a lot of creative freedom as well or something. There's a video on youtube that goes into some good detail on how the whole series was made, but I don't remember the name of it.
>>
>>93026057
Because it's just prime
>>
File: 1496766336070.jpg (536KB, 750x1285px) Image search: [Google]
1496766336070.jpg
536KB, 750x1285px
>>93041837
God, Prime Starscreams was a fucking pussy. Animated was a real robot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUzcSBVm3xk
>>
File: AnimatedSlipstreamModel.jpg (24KB, 250x453px) Image search: [Google]
AnimatedSlipstreamModel.jpg
24KB, 250x453px
>>93042806
Even Animated's Starscream poked fun at his inherently effeminate nature
>>
>>93043326
you can be a yaoiboy wearing heels and not be a pussy, surprisingly
>>
File: shockwave_by_gestaltgeek-d3vqruv.jpg (291KB, 795x1004px) Image search: [Google]
shockwave_by_gestaltgeek-d3vqruv.jpg
291KB, 795x1004px
>>93043474
>Starscream
>Not a pussy
>>
>>93039471
>Universal Trilogy Starscream confuses all of the other Starscreams.
>>
>>93039568
What exactly is Beast Wars: Uprising? Google just mentions its a comic series but it doesnt really mention how many there are or much detail at all. Where can one purchase said comics?
>>
>>93045433
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars:_Uprising
>>
>>93026057
No, animated was the best show.
>>
>>93044020
>hasn't seen armada
>>
>>93047507
Armada Starscream is THE LEAST pussy starscream there is, wtf are you talking about
>>
>>93047689
wait i'm dumb, nevermind
>>
>>93047689
bitch that was MY FUCKING POINT
>>
>>93047739
bitch you had a full 62 seconds to read my admission of error
>>
>>93047789
yeah I was thinking should I use one of my Perceptor reaction images
>>
>>93033496
>Give Animated a chance
>Dat fuckin' Lugnut
>I want him in everything forever
>He's been in exactly nothing ever since

>Meanwhile, Bulkhead got to be in Animated's follow up show, and kinda sorta in the live acton movies (Hound is just a Bulkhead/Kup mashup)

WHY
>>
>>93047936
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Lugnut_(TF_2010)
>>
>>93048017
>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Lugnut_(TF_2010)
Yes, I have that toy, but I was speaking more from a story perspective.

The closest we've had is IDW constantly teasing Lugnut with random ass cameos, but they never fucking delivered.
>>
>>93048085
you said
>exactly nothing
>>
File: big boy.png (156KB, 540x463px) Image search: [Google]
big boy.png
156KB, 540x463px
>>93047936
>>93048085
WE. WANT. OUR. BOY
WE. WANT. OUR. BOY
>>
>>93048156
I also only cited movies/cartoons, and not toylines, otherwise, I would have brought Kre-Os (which did have both Lugnut and Bulkhead) and whatnot into the conversation, but at this point, we're just quibbling over semantics.
>>
File: tftm0093.jpg (14KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tftm0093.jpg
14KB, 320x240px
>>93036617
>>
File: Megatron.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>93047936
Because in Animated Decepticons were OP as fuck. They were bigger and stronger than the Autobots and you needed several Autobots to fight a single Decepticon. So, instead of being "the enemies of the week" they were the powerful, endgame enemies. That is why Animated has so much human villains.
>>
>>93041087
>going back to Beast Wars

I wouldn't. I told you multiple times, I would not "literally" go back. That's you though. Autistic transformers fans who argue over semantics, word usage and can't think outside the box.

>Then you would just be copying what has already been done

That's you. That's how you think.

>because I really bet you've put absolutely zero thought into this

It doesn't take much to come up with a new idea, I could toss out half a dozen approaches, but the fact that YOU can't comprehend ONE is more telling. Me spewing pitches/fan fiction won't make you a better thinker. You'll still be stuck in you're little box.
>>
>>93026057
>>
>>93050455
>Autistic transformers fans who argue over semantics, word usage and can't think outside the box.
I think the word you mean to use is "canon", and yes us "autistic" Transformers fans do argue about that, just as any fandom does because -gasp- we're invested in the franchise we're a fan of!

>It doesn't take much to come up with a new idea, I could toss out half a dozen approaches, but the fact that YOU can't comprehend ONE is more telling. Me spewing pitches/fan fiction won't make you a better thinker. You'll still be stuck in you're little box.

I already said I'd like to hear your ideas, I don't see how it's possible. Beast Wars only made sense because of the very specific events that made it happen, both in universe and out of universe, Jap BW sucked because it only existed to be "more BW" to sell more toys, which is what I feel like your ideas would be but you're free to actually be productive to the conversation and explain yourself, even though you won't
>>
>>93036167
>very hookerish looking season 3 on
>>
will we ever have another show with Maximals and Predacons?
>>
>>93051577
Animated and Prime both had predacons.
Maximals and Predacons don't really get along so getting both into the same show is always tricky.
>>
>>93051577
>>93051670
Sari was a Maximal
>>
>>93042274
Okay fine, but the streams I can find still look much worse than the Netflix version.
>>
>>93028122
Can you fucking blame them for not liking the Gen2 cartoon and Beast Machines? Or Robots in Disguise? You wanna know what Megatron fucking turned into in Robots in Disguise? A FUCKING HAND.
>>
>>93041733
Take over Cybertron.
Not being a retreating bitch.
>>
>Gen1ers like machines turning into machines
>Complained when Beast Wars came out
>>
File: Jaguar Kid.png (349KB, 312x510px) Image search: [Google]
Jaguar Kid.png
349KB, 312x510px
>BEAST WARS SUCKED
Then how come it spawned three fucking sequel series?
>>
File: BA.png (1MB, 1008x1464px) Image search: [Google]
BA.png
1MB, 1008x1464px
>>
File: Beast Wars revisted.png (2MB, 1254x857px) Image search: [Google]
Beast Wars revisted.png
2MB, 1254x857px
Fucking revive Beast Wars. Here, here's the toy line.
>>
>>93053909
>Dry Spell
>Mudflap
kek
Can't think of a name for that orangutan. But his function must be librarian.
>>
>>93042806
That's doing more to sell me on Animated Megatron than on Starscream.
>>
>>93053909
>a tick
FUCK YOU ANON!
>>
>>93054041
At least he didn't choose a bedbug. I can't even fathom why the big G even created those fuckers.
>>
I've been working on a Bayformers universe Beast Wats fan script.
>>
>>93053995
https://youtu.be/N95VcdL2z6k
>>
>>93053875
>human hands
EITHER GO FULL HOG OR GO HOME
BRING ON THOSE SEXY CLAWS
>>
>>93053909
>Optimus is an orangutan
This triggers my autism
>>
>>93051413
>but you're free to actually be productive to the conversation and explain yourself, even though you won't

says the guy that's just being a sourpuss and doesn't want more beast wars and is shitting on BWII and BW Neo. Im not that anon, by why the hell would they post ideas when you're just shitting on stuff that already exists? There's a big damn difference in quality from BWII and BW Neo, but I bet you don't which is shit and which is good, cause you're freely shitting on both.
>>
>>93054595
Nah. Optimus Primal would be seen a few times, but Ursa Major is Ultra Magnus.
>>
>>93053626
Also a dragon, also a two headed dragon, also a jet, also a car, also a boat as well as some other stuff.
>>
>>93036617
> still no BW Megatron.

ONE JOB TAKARA! ONE JOB!!! YEEEEESSSSSSS!!
>>
>>93051577

They've tiptoed around the idea that some form of "beast wars' exists in the movieverse. I pray michael bay doesn't get his hands on this concept. I assume the end battle would simply be rhinox farting.
>>
File: 1381259790201.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1381259790201.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>93039542
> then becomes endgame Megatron with endgame out of nowhere.
>>
It is kind of crazy how Beast Wars had even the good guys with some horrific details to them like using internal organs as weapons or exposed bones in their limbs.
>>
>>93054834
>Rattrap's toy had an exposed brain
>Mainframe wanted to make him retarded
>And have gimpy limbs, like one arm shorter then the other.
>Couldn't partake in battles due to being hooked up to an external heart machine
>>
File: ooooohyeeeeeeeeessssss.jpg (43KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
ooooohyeeeeeeeeessssss.jpg
43KB, 960x540px
>>93054741
> that remold into BW Megatron.
> I will never own this glorious grail.

DAMN YOU FUNPUB!!!
>>
File: Wolffang.png (2MB, 836x1192px) Image search: [Google]
Wolffang.png
2MB, 836x1192px
>>93054856
>Was originally going to be the first protoform instead of Tigertron.
>>
>>93054890
if it makes you feel any better, they fucked it up (as usual for funpub):
- dragon eyes had no paint
- used a BM dinobots spark crystal instead of a predacon one
>>
>>93054985

Oh, I heard. They had a "sticker" sheet to fix the flaws.
>>
File: Spiderbooty.png (1MB, 823x1164px) Image search: [Google]
Spiderbooty.png
1MB, 823x1164px
>>
File: Megatron.jpg (227KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron.jpg
227KB, 1200x675px
>>93054782
>gets fucked by Prime Megatron asspulls
>>
>G1 megatron
>I TURN INTO A GUN
>I NEED THE PERSON WHO BETRAYS ME THE FUCKING MOST TO AIM AND POINT ME AND PULL MY COCK TRIGGER

>Beast Era
>I'm a fucking T-rex. I don't take betrayal well. I scrapped my version of StarScream several times before he learned his lesson. I then get a dragon form. And almost erase Autobots from History. Oh, and I took over Cybertron in a matter of years.

Gee, which one's better.
>>
>>93033496
Everything in your post is a damned lie.

The only thing to come out of that disaster that was any good was the Decepticon catch phrase.
>>
>>93041837
man Prime Starscream was so goddamn fabulous.
He's irresistible
>>
>>93055283
>and I took over Cybertron in a matter of years.
This never happened.
BM is considered a fever dream by Cheetor after he chugged too much of Rattraps energon moonshine.
>>
File: 1443760086205.png (508KB, 1027x703px) Image search: [Google]
1443760086205.png
508KB, 1027x703px
>>93055246
> BW Megatron wields the darksaber.
>>
>>93055322
>It was still canon to Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo
>>
File: whosethebeastnow.jpg (24KB, 626x475px) Image search: [Google]
whosethebeastnow.jpg
24KB, 626x475px
>>93055322

> Let's start with the Beast Wars. It's over. You lost.
>>
File: BigConvoy_sourcebook_2.jpg (98KB, 618x693px) Image search: [Google]
BigConvoy_sourcebook_2.jpg
98KB, 618x693px
>>93055356
>Ywn watch a 3d render version of beast wars big convoy decimating puny predacons
>>
How come Beast Wars hasnt came back?
>>
>>93055468
Gen1 fans legit sent death threats to Mainframe, and Fox. Not all of them, mind you. Mainly the psycho bitch one who though Gen1 was surpassed by Gen2. She has her own page on the tfwiki.
>>
>>93055468

It come "back" since maximals/predacons are featured in comics

I think the most recent one was they all live on some planet thats not cybertron
>>
>>93055438
Here's all the beast wars characters that have 3D renderings outside the show:
>Snapper
>Armordillo
>Dead End
>Break
>Insecticon
>Transquito
>B'Boom
>Cybershark
>>
>>93055468
The entire idea and AU was fucked harder then a big bootied blonde dyke in an all black frat by Beast Machines.

Beast Wars, the transformers in that AU? It's done.
>>
>>93055438
Big and Lio are some of the sexiest fucking TF designs out there.
>>
>>93055468

Maximals/Predacons are regulated to subfactions now
>>
File: 140706am.jpg (22KB, 540x453px) Image search: [Google]
140706am.jpg
22KB, 540x453px
>>93053909
>An antlion larva Predacon

If his robot mode resembles an adult antlion, it just might be the best thing ever
>>
>>93055568
what about Scuba?
>>
File: Armordillo.png (227KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
Armordillo.png
227KB, 300x365px
>>93055534
>>
File: MegAlt_1203773584.jpg (129KB, 1000x694px) Image search: [Google]
MegAlt_1203773584.jpg
129KB, 1000x694px
>>93055290
The man with no taste. Animated was a masterpiece. It got the best Megatron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3yglXX_I6k
>>
>>93036529
You've been judged accordingly.

Too good for this sinful world.

The rest is silence.
>>
>>93055707
>has his mortal enemy at its mercy but lets it escape by attacking one of its own
I mean starscream is always scheming something but he could deal with him anytime he wanted after destroying optimus
>>
File: leader-2pack-back.jpg (2MB, 1500x868px) Image search: [Google]
leader-2pack-back.jpg
2MB, 1500x868px
>>
>People wanting a remake of Beast Wars

Let's face facts though, a remake would not even be remotely as good.

In the first place, part of what made Beast Wars good was it's tie-in to G1 which gave Megatron a HUGE endgame.

If a remake had that same hook, it would be a cheap remake, and if it DIDN'T it would be an unending Season 1 BW

The second knock against it is the small cast + devoted fans.
If you remake it, people will DEMAND the exact same guys, and with the exact same characterization. And since the last few shows have dealt with very small teams, you have very little wiggle room for the core team. It'd be different if they decided to just give us two armies at war, but if they don't?

What makes G1 ripe for being remade over and over is that it had a cast of a couple hundred that you can cherry pick from.
Beast Wars (as far as the toon is concerned) had like 10 Maximals and about the same amount of Predacons.

So, basically, your options are 1) do something new and get met with the same "NOT MUH" bitching that G1ers get accused of or 2) a 1:1 recreation of the original show with better animation, at which point you might as well just watch reruns.
>>
>>93055828
Or just have Galvatron or Soundwave become the new BW antagonist, and start Beast Wars 4, and have all the characters who didn't get in the show and new ones.
>>
>>93055815
>his mortal enemy
In Animated Optimus was a literally who. For Megatron, he was just a random kid.
>>
>>93055828

and 2 die before anything big happened for them
>>
>>93055815
See >>93055817
>>
File: 1407260098997.jpg (46KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1407260098997.jpg
46KB, 853x480px
>>93055861
> Galvatron.
> Soundwave.

I have these choices lacking any logic. Now pic related that is logical antagonist.
>>
I always liked how Rampage and Silverhawk bonded over a freak that one episode
>>
File: tiger.jpg (13KB, 220x164px) Image search: [Google]
tiger.jpg
13KB, 220x164px
>>93055875
>2

More like 4
(assuming you meant these guys, Scorponok and Terrorsaur didn't get to do much either)
>>
>>93055871
>>93055925
Well shit, my bad newbie optimus?!
...why?
>>
>>93055933
Galvatron was always the 3rd big bad behind Megatron and Unicron, I thought? Hell, have him be the bad guy, then have Starscream's immortal spark come back or someshit.
>>
>>93055965

Dinobot and Depth charge right?

They left the water one to fuck around in the ocean most of the time
>>
>>93055986
Same kind of deal as BW, Rookie Captain get thrown in over his head and has to take on the greater mantle of leader.

Animated goes a bit farther contextualizing it and having Optimus go through some character development.
>>
>>93055965
>>93055951

Beast Wars had alot of romance for a transformers show that still kinda pops up to this day

>Razorhawk and Tigertron
>Silverbolt and Black Aracnhia
>Rampage and Transmutate
>>
>>93056051
You forgot
>Megatron and Dinobot
>>
>>93056051
>Razorhawk

Air Razor

Unless Razorhawk is some kinda regional name
>>
>>93056051
Now, rampage was a lovable idiot most of the time but shipping him with transmutate just seems wrong
>>
File: 300px-Transmetal_rubber_ducky.jpg (31KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Transmetal_rubber_ducky.jpg
31KB, 300x225px
>>93056072
Bullshit

Everyone knows it was Dinobot x Rattrap and Megatron x Duckie
>>
File: boxback.jpg (2MB, 1000x1132px) Image search: [Google]
boxback.jpg
2MB, 1000x1132px
>>93055817
>>
>>93056117

They kinda do with the Transmutate who doesnt look like a microwaved mistake
>>
File: Blitzwing.jpg (348KB, 1033x750px) Image search: [Google]
Blitzwing.jpg
348KB, 1033x750px
>>93056139
>>
>>93055828
1.No one wants a remake exactly. Only a continuation.
2.That cast of a hundred? They never went above a dozen in the original. At best they'd give a single dimension to a random character and that's it. They also had a shit ton of people in orbit they could pull down at any time.
3.Name 3 major animated entries in TF where A Megatron wasn't the badguy
>>
>>93056135

> friend knew I was a HUGE BW Megatron fan.
> she was an artist.
> she drew me that damn duckie.
> bought me numerous rubber duckies.
> lost contact with her.
> still a bit sad to this day..
>>
>>93056072
>>93056135
Not DinobotxHonor
>>
File: whatdidujustsay.jpg (40KB, 935x705px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidujustsay.jpg
40KB, 935x705px
>>93056392
>>
>>93056248
>1.No one wants a remake exactly. Only a continuation.

A continuation of what? The series ended with a pretty definitive victory for the Maximals. What was left for the series to do? Sounds to me what they want is a retcon of Beast Machines, not a continuation of Beast Wars

>That cast of a hundred? They never went above a dozen in the original. At best they'd give a single dimension to a random character and that's it.

Virtually EVERYONE in G1 had a single dimension, so I'd say calling it a cast of a hundred still counts, whether they got a lot of appearances or not

>Name 3 major animated entries in TF where A Megatron wasn't the badguy

I...don't see how that's relevant? Did I say anything that could be construed as "the badguy shouldn't be Megatron?"

(that said, I COULD, but you'd prpbably just tell me Japanese shows don't count, so I won't bother.)
>>
>>93056522
You never saw II or Neo? Destrons, Vehicons, and Predacons come back constantly.
>>
>>93056557
For the sake of maintaining whatever semblance of continuity we had with beast machines it's best to treat those shows as a successful marketing ploy by thee japanese in order to sell more toys.
>>
>>93056617
And it showed they worked, we can bring back Magmatron. We can have a new beast Galvatron. We can have Unicron come as a giant pill bug named Retrax.
>>
>>93056648
>Retrax

He and Powerpinch were the two toys that I was most upset never got to be characters in the show.

I just loved those two for some reason
>>
>>93055815
>>93055817
>>93055986
Megatron literally didn't bother to learn Optimus' name until the last episode.
>>
>>93056713
I wanted the entiredy of the original toy line in the show before Fuzors and Transmetals showed up.
>>
File: Dirk Dinobot.png (273KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
Dirk Dinobot.png
273KB, 500x392px
HONOR!
>>
>>93056839
You just had to go and post this
>>
>>93056772
>Iguanus had a Transmetal form.
>>
>>93045574
>http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Beast_Wars:_Uprising
I saw this and read it before I asked my question. It talks about the story but doesnt say where its all collected/where it was published, etc. I think its in that TF Club comic that comes out quarterly, but does it come out anywhere else?
>>
File: tumblr_opjitdgH8g1v7t6h1o1_1280.png (833KB, 824x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_opjitdgH8g1v7t6h1o1_1280.png
833KB, 824x1200px
>>
>>93056522
>>93056248
I don't want a remake or a continuation. I want a reimagining. I mean how many have we gotten of G1? Why can't we just take the concept of "post original war there are new transforming factions at war" and do up new characters or new takes on older characters?
>>
File: Sensei.png (544KB, 707x999px) Image search: [Google]
Sensei.png
544KB, 707x999px
>>93056970
>>
File: 300px-Victory_Dinobot.jpg (21KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Victory_Dinobot.jpg
21KB, 300x228px
Reminder that the animal Tigatron is based on doesn't exist. Neither does Dinobot's.
>>
>>93057028
Reminder that Tigertron scanned a female animal.
Reminder that Waspinator also scanned a female animal.
Reminder that Inferno scanned a female animal.
>>
>>93057028
Dinobot was supposed to be a velociraptor? What would be the closest to whatever he's supposed to be?
>>
File: whydoyoukeepsayingthatword.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
whydoyoukeepsayingthatword.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>93056839
>>
>>93057125
Nothing because he isn't just an underevolved bird.
>>
>>93038350
That's really interesting. Got any sources or pages where I can read up on this more?
>>
>>93056970

Air Razor is so underrated
>>
File: Insecticon.png (265KB, 300x383px) Image search: [Google]
Insecticon.png
265KB, 300x383px
>Was going to be in the show
>dropped in favor of Waspinator
>>
File: white_tiger11.jpg (131KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
white_tiger11.jpg
131KB, 800x533px
>>93057028
Tigers don't exist?
>>
File: Gojira Prime.png (281KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
Gojira Prime.png
281KB, 600x729px
>>
File: take my money.gif (496KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
take my money.gif
496KB, 500x275px
>>93057501
>>
File: S-Terrorsaur-09.jpg (57KB, 467x360px) Image search: [Google]
S-Terrorsaur-09.jpg
57KB, 467x360px
Terrorsaur deserved better.
>>
>>93057411
it's because they didnt give her huge obvious tits.

no one appreciates that she had perfect dick suckin' lips
>>
File: Ghidotron.png (284KB, 600x701px) Image search: [Google]
Ghidotron.png
284KB, 600x701px
>>93057516
>>
>>93057520
agreed
>>
File: Skyboom.png (248KB, 600x1054px) Image search: [Google]
Skyboom.png
248KB, 600x1054px
>>
>>93037594
Fuck, what Beast Wars comic is this? I bought a single issue of a Transformers magazine when I was young and I remember it had an installment of this in it.
>>
File: Corrozone.png (273KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
Corrozone.png
273KB, 600x732px
>>
File: waspinator.png (2MB, 1280x1428px) Image search: [Google]
waspinator.png
2MB, 1280x1428px
>>93051577
>>93053909
>>93055468
Animated was about to do it but it go cancelled
>>
>>93057125
Velociraptor is a genus, so that grants some flexibility. However, all Velociraptor are basically chicken to dog sized and they all had some kind of feathers.

Another genus, Utahraptor (only has one species) is about the right size for Dinobot. Utahraptor is in the same clade with Velociraptor, Eudromaeosauria which is a sub family of Dromaeosauridae (all of which have feathers). Ignoring the feathers, which seems fair to me, you still have an issue of Utahraptor only being found in Utah which is pretty far from where the Predacons landed.

Fun fact: Utahraptor was named after Jurassic Park designed their Velociraptors which at the time had no fossil equivalent. While Jurassic Park's dino's shouldn't be called Velociraptors, it is still pretty neat the design was legitimated after the fact.

So because Beast Wars was using the Jurassic Park design anyway, I'm gonna call Dinobot a Utahraptor and ignore the issues of feathers and geography.
>>
>>93049307
I thought the number of human enemies was a really interesting aspect of Animated and wish it was included in more Transformers continuities.
>>
>>93057677

and Blackarachnia was sent back in time meeting a Rhino,Rat,Cheeta, and Gorilla
>>
File: 1489110179765.jpg (16KB, 427x365px) Image search: [Google]
1489110179765.jpg
16KB, 427x365px
>>93055500
can i get a link to this page?
>>
>>93057473
White tigers aren't a species and they don't live in snowy climates.
>>
File: xDWMT0h.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
xDWMT0h.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>93057501
>>93057550
>>93057604
>>93057669
>>
>>93057761
I can't find it.
>>
File: Beast.png (233KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Beast.png
233KB, 854x480px
>>93057732
Shit like this is why Animated is the best TF show.
>>
File: Sari.jpg (14KB, 448x312px) Image search: [Google]
Sari.jpg
14KB, 448x312px
>>93033496
>>93034951

One must also consider that half of TFA's fanbase has a fucking hard-on for little brown girls.
>>
>>93058052
That isn't true at all
>>
>>93058052

Ruined TFA to be honest
>>
>>93051577
>>93051670
That one Transformers cartoon from the early 2000s had the main conflict as being Autobots vs Predacons at the start, with Decepticons only being introduced later as the second half villains.
>>
File: Sari.png (240KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sari.png
240KB, 854x480px
>>93058052
>can upgrade her body with Cybertronian tech
>never gave herself huge tits
WHY
>>
>>93053909
Fuck, those are some really good beast form ideas. I fucking need a Walrus Maximal with a great big moustache.

>>93054595
I could roll with it but I think of the forms from that picture Prime should be the bear or moose.

I once fan fictioned a Beast Wars thing where the Prime was a Tortoise to reflect his protective, wise but sort of slow to act personality.

>>93054711
That's genius.
>>
File: saritronmk2000.png (233KB, 282x408px) Image search: [Google]
saritronmk2000.png
233KB, 282x408px
>>93058052
>>93058098
>>93058216
>>93058299
>brown, slick, metal-enhanced robo booty
>>
>>93058335
Without decent cyber tits and/or hips, that body is worthless.
>>
>>93057677
>>93057732
Animated Waspinator and Blackarachnia were awful

We dodged a bullet by not getting deeper into it
>>
>>93058536
Animated Waspinator was meh but Animated Blackarachnia is the best Blackarachnia.
>>
>>93057047
They identify by their robot mode gender. Even Inferno.
>>
>>93058614
>Doesn't have machinegun legs
>Self-hating instead of proud soldier for evil
>Self-sabotaging dumb stuff is less fun than BW's self-sabotaging dumb stuff
>>
>>93058756
She did touch Grimlock's cock though.
>>
>>93058876
Him Grimlock am too good for spider-lady.
>>
>>93058935
He rampaged on her thorax.
>>
File: blackarachnia.jpg (132KB, 999x666px) Image search: [Google]
blackarachnia.jpg
132KB, 999x666px
>>93058756
>Doesn't have machinegun legs
She can steal the powers of other bots. That is way cooler.
>>
>>93058977
thorax?
Her oviduct would be on the abdomen. That is where the sperm web should go.
>>
>>93056617
>whatever semblance of continuity we had with beast machines i

Beast Machines is shit and no one wants it. People ignore shit entries into the transformers lexicon all of the time.
BM being completely ignored gives them everything they need to make a damned good continuaiton.
>>
>>93059061
Grimlock doesn't follow anatomy.
>>
>>93057810
Go shill your obese unfunny racist sandnigger somewhere else marketer.
We don't want it here.
>>
>>93059113
No wonder dinosaurs went extinct.
>>
>>93026057

Be careful OP. 80sfags would go apeshit seeing that you prefer an actually quality show over their shitty old toy commercial.
>>
File: 1421528540131.gif (391KB, 320x152px) Image search: [Google]
1421528540131.gif
391KB, 320x152px
>>93059117
>>
>>93059065
The only thing i disliked about BM were the transformation animations and black arachnia's new form i don't really seem to get all the hate this series gets
>>
File: ok retard.jpg (13KB, 264x264px) Image search: [Google]
ok retard.jpg
13KB, 264x264px
>>93059117
>>
File: Rattrap.png (319KB, 595x422px) Image search: [Google]
Rattrap.png
319KB, 595x422px
>>93059117
>>
>>93057367
They did some behind the scenes videos for the Beast Wars dvds, so those videos might be on youtube or something
>>
File: Spittor.png (440KB, 382x527px) Image search: [Google]
Spittor.png
440KB, 382x527px
>>
>>93059229
The story is nonsensical at best, the characters have all been butchered and made edgy stupid faggots, everyone looks fucking retarded, eveyrone is always fucking running to or from somewhere, the "CYBERTRON WAS ONCE ORGANIC" thing and retarded ending basically sank the entire goddamned world.

Nothing good came out of that fuck up. Nothing.
There's a reason people don't bring it up unless they are trying to see why people hate it or defend it.
>>
>>93038350
Yeah I remember watching that. Citing vague things like "the Great War" in early episodes was just them blowing smoke.
>>
File: Snarl.png (440KB, 380x527px) Image search: [Google]
Snarl.png
440KB, 380x527px
>>
File: Blackarachnia.png (425KB, 380x527px) Image search: [Google]
Blackarachnia.png
425KB, 380x527px
>>
File: Razorbeast.png (411KB, 380x526px) Image search: [Google]
Razorbeast.png
411KB, 380x526px
>>
File: K9.png (425KB, 381x526px) Image search: [Google]
K9.png
425KB, 381x526px
>>
>>93059500
Toyline Blackarachnia is a succubus?
>>
>>93059354
>>93059414
>>93059500
>>93059530
>>93059551

Id love to see of the other bots in Beast Wars
>>
File: Jetstorm.png (455KB, 380x527px) Image search: [Google]
Jetstorm.png
455KB, 380x527px
>>
>>93055828
>In the first place, part of what made Beast Wars good was it's tie-in to G1 which gave Megatron a HUGE endgame.

Gen oners keep saying this, but season 1 is really solid on its own and the writers left it ambigious if it was earth, they almost decided it to not be. With the alien visits and other episodes Beast Wars would have been great on its own. I think the writers could have found a solid ending either way. we'd probably have gotten more of the Vok.

>>93056972
This. The elements and concepts introduced in beast wars have gotten carried over into other shows. A lot of what made beast wars work was the world building. The ships, the transwarp drive, the energon build up, protoforms, sparks, merging with life forms. G1 has been redone so many times, armada, the movies, prime, it's been done to death.

One of my favorite ideas about beast wars is, how much time passes. Is it a year? Is it 10 years? Is it 100 years? From start to finish it seems to suggest years pass. They're stuck on this planet a while and the concept of having animal forms that can ingest food to save energy makes a lot of sense.
>>
File: Bonecrusher.png (480KB, 381x527px) Image search: [Google]
Bonecrusher.png
480KB, 381x527px
>>
File: 1478672531041.jpg (335KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478672531041.jpg
335KB, 1024x768px
>>93059500
>Dat description tho
>>
File: Snapper card.png (2MB, 932x1296px) Image search: [Google]
Snapper card.png
2MB, 932x1296px
>>
File: Optimus Primal.png (1003KB, 608x833px) Image search: [Google]
Optimus Primal.png
1003KB, 608x833px
>>
>>93059196
>>93059281
>>93059316

Go back to whoring that talentless soon to be on the streets camelfucker on /v/. Oh yeah, I forgot. They don't want that fag there either.
>>
>>93057411
>>93057538
I thought she was cool.
>>
File: Beast Machines Silverbolt.png (101KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
Beast Machines Silverbolt.png
101KB, 192x262px
>>93059742
>>
File: 1488944176991.png (376KB, 591x347px) Image search: [Google]
1488944176991.png
376KB, 591x347px
>>93059742
>>
File: predabros.jpg (50KB, 467x333px) Image search: [Google]
predabros.jpg
50KB, 467x333px
>>93057520

Why wouldn't we get more waspinator-terrorsaur moments? They were great wingme. Terrorsaur is in almost every episode of season 1, up till they seemed to give the scheming to tarantulas, like they knew terrorsaur had to go next season.
Season 2 terrorsaur could have worked well, been more complacent to a transmetal megatron who did bring them to the right planet. I'd also have loved to have seen season 3 terrorsaur steal rampages spark from megatron and have rampage at his side. Quickstrike as the ally to Tarantulas was so boring. What a shit exchange, terrorsaur for cowboy snake hand.

Scorponok though, fuck that guy, what a dud of a character.
>>
File: Predacons.png (3MB, 1400x903px) Image search: [Google]
Predacons.png
3MB, 1400x903px
>>
Do you think I could have an Asian stripper waifu if I knot her hard enough?
>>
>>93059819
>Starscream possessed Waspinator
>Not Terrorsaur.
>>
>>93059742
haven't really hear from jon since the stream with that other dude, whatever happened to him?
>>
>>93059378

If you've ever read about Paul Dini's experience at Fox working on Batman Vs when the show was at WB it opens your eyes. Fox wanted shows to be as mass appealing as possible. They were shooting for a style never seen before and story that was safe and wholesome and easy. Plants save the world horse shit.

I to this day don't get how beast machines really happened. Beast Wars revitalized the brand and beast machines all but killed it again.
>>
File: BWTelemocha_jellyfish.jpg (119KB, 591x574px) Image search: [Google]
BWTelemocha_jellyfish.jpg
119KB, 591x574px
>Transformers: Beast Wars Telemocha Series (ビーストウォーズ テレもちゃシリーズ) is the Japanese counterpart to the Transformers: Beast Wars 10th Anniversary line. The Telemocha Series features old Beast Wars molds redecoed to be show-accurate, along with a few random inclusions.
>At some point during the planning for the Telemocha Series, the idea was tossed around to create some brand new toys for the line. Internal TakaraTomy documents include designs for a jellyfish, a manticore and a triffid.
>>
File: 800px-BWTelemocha_manticore.jpg (98KB, 800x541px) Image search: [Google]
800px-BWTelemocha_manticore.jpg
98KB, 800x541px
>>93060709
>>
File: 732px-BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg (87KB, 732x600px) Image search: [Google]
732px-BWTelemocha_triffid.jpg
87KB, 732x600px
>>93060731
>>
TRUKK NOT MUNKY
>>
>>93060731
The legs of this one seem a little odd
>>
>>93061968
Munky not dead
>>
File: Nemesis.png (247KB, 600x732px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis.png
247KB, 600x732px
>>
File: ratchet.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
ratchet.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>Beast Wars fans and TFA fans fighting it out over which is the best show
>either one being right

I mean, I'm just gonna leave this scene here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYKAQdarNI
>>
>>93062351
This, Animated, and Spectacular Spider-Man all have the same problem, a terrible art style. Specifically in the limb proportions and faces.

Is that fucking Jeffrey Combs though? Neat.
>>
File: consider.png (78KB, 205x197px) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
78KB, 205x197px
>>93055828
>unending Season 1 BW

Not bad actually.
>>
>>93062526
Yeah, it's Jeffrey Combs. Honestly even with Cullen and Welker there, he steals the show.
>>
File: upsetti.jpg (57KB, 600x454px) Image search: [Google]
upsetti.jpg
57KB, 600x454px
>>93062351
It's good, but it got real old the second and third time through, sadly.

This clip is exactly why Ratchet was best character from TFP. (He says something to Aligned Optimus that should have been said more)
>>
>>93062351
That was a weird episode
>>
>>93063804
You mean great episode?
>>
>>93042544
That is adorable, in the best way.
>>
File: bluefaces.gif (59KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
bluefaces.gif
59KB, 500x280px
TFA beats BW since TFA had a more consistent tone, each battle actually meant something by not having characters fall apart just to be repaired a scene later, and it stood on it's own with out basing its plot around a former series.
>>
File: vflmry.jpg (69KB, 519x661px) Image search: [Google]
vflmry.jpg
69KB, 519x661px
>>93058052
Can you really blame them?
>>
>>93059378
I liked Botanica and Strika
>>
>>93062351

Jeffrey Combs is the best Ratchet period.
>>
>>93066214
>that time when Megatron got a human friend
>>
>>93059819
>Season 2 terrorsaur could have worked well, been more complacent to a transmetal megatron who did bring them to the right planet.

See, this is something that gets to me, as a Terrorsaur fan

He actually had character progression, in a way. He started off as a Starscream, but part way through, he kind of realized the pointlessness of it and just did as he was told

(a particular scene that comes to mind is when Inferno asked Terrorsaur if HE would explain the failure of a mission to Megatron, at which point Terrorsaur was like "yeah, he HAS been grumpy lately...alright boys, let's do it!")

The problem was...he learned his lesson, BUT they didn't bother to replace it with something else.

In retrospect to later shows, he could have been what Prime Starscream eventually was. Once he started putting his conniving into Megatron's service rather than his own, he was actually something of an asset

Or if not that...just play up his repeated partnership with Wapsinator, make them a total broTP, like Rocksteady and Bebop
>>
File: Megatron-animated.jpg (148KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Megatron-animated.jpg
148KB, 1920x1080px
>>93062526
>not liking animated art
Pleb
>>
>>93067016
So you wanted him to turn into a loyalslut like later Primescream? Ick. Nothing is worse than mindbreak.
>>
File: something something season 3.jpg (427KB, 700x767px) Image search: [Google]
something something season 3.jpg
427KB, 700x767px
>>93068170
> loyal slut like later Primescream
> mindbreak
You make it sound pretty lewd.
Please don't give me these gay thoughts anon.
>>
>>93068170
>>93068593
>nothing worse than mindbreak
>primescream
I-it's getting a lil sexual in here...
>>
File: New Starscream.png (812KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
New Starscream.png
812KB, 1280x720px
>>93068170
>>93068593
Starscream is the leader of the decepticons now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z2oJCQ7h-A
>>
File: meowface.jpg (45KB, 841x611px) Image search: [Google]
meowface.jpg
45KB, 841x611px
>>93062526
>terrible art style

Its all about how the style works. The exaggerated proportion shitfest means a bigger range of expressions and motions and dynamics or whatever the fuck that's called, something a lot harder to pull off when you're constantly having to draw straight lines n rectangles frame by fucking frame.

Comic shit looks hilarious and fight scenes can make your dick rock hard, hell even the episodes with a low budget flow pretty well.
>>
>>93069803
Wow that's an awful makeover Screamer should ask for his money back
>>
File: Cons.png (475KB, 864x482px) Image search: [Google]
Cons.png
475KB, 864x482px
>>93069869
The japanese OP makes my dick hard https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ODtsNMNJXk
>>
>>93069803
>be Starscream carrying out your nature of boss backstabbing as all Starscreams do
>get continuously shit on no matter what your successes
>eventually giveup and swear genuine loyalty to your boss
>still get shat upon
>Boss dies, comes back and decides "Welp, I was wrong." And abandons everyone.
Y'know for once Starscream was pretty justified in his wanting to take down Megatron.
I'd be pissed too.
>>
File: megatron_dance.gif (26KB, 108x144px) Image search: [Google]
megatron_dance.gif
26KB, 108x144px
>Two Transformers threads with +300 replies at same time.

I'm so proud /co/
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 250x226px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 250x226px
>it's another BW v. Animated circlejerk
>no mentions of best show/best prime
you just hate Cybertron because it was made by nips and so it was an anime admit it
>>
>>93066743
He truly is. I can't read the comics without hearing him voicing Ratchet in my head.
>>
>>93071548
>They spent half the episodes on Velocitron
>Called it speed planet
>>
>wants to watch transformers but doesn't knows where to begin.

Which Transformers series you recommend me to watch anons?
>>
>>93072606
Beast Wars, Animated and Prime
>>
>>93072606
Animated, Armada and Prime
>>
>>93072606
Do you like 80s cartoons? G1 isn't a bad start if so, or maybe just watch the G1 motion picture to get a feel for what TF is all about and then decide if you want to watch all of G1, or if you want to watch a more modern series

Otherwise, I would say start with Transformers Animated or Transformers Prime, whichever seems more appealing to you

Beast Wars is a good series, it couldn't hurt to start with it however it is a bit different obviously than the rest of the TF shows since it was the Beast Era
>>
>>93071548
I fucking loved Energon and Cybertron as a kid.
Energon was better than Cybertron, prove me wrong.
>>
>>93072606
Chronologically its G1 S1-2 > G1 movie > rest of G1 > the G1 animes > beastwars > armada trilogy > animated > prime. Movies only if you feel like 3+ hours of explosions and human focussed plots.

Watch G1 to the end of the movie to get a feel of the origins of the show. If you like old anime go through the G1 animes too they're ok. Beast Wars is good but its a spinoff sequel and not all its dialogue and graphics are good in this day and age. Armada trilogy maybe, if you like early 2000s cheapo anime (SKIP ENERGON). Animated is by far the best polished of the lot if you can handle the artstyle. Prime has great action but borrows too much from the movies, takes itself too seriously at times and budget cuts lead to a lot of bad decisions in the later seasons.

There's also RiD2015 and rescue bots but those are for preschool kids.
>>
>>93071548
Barely any Beast Wars vs Animated happened. Calm down.
>>
>>93054674
>There's a big damn difference in quality from BWII and BW Neo, but I bet you don't which is shit and which is good, cause you're freely shitting on both.

Both of those, an every single TF series from Japan, is utter shit

Only Western TF is good

>saysthe guy that's just being a sourpuss and doesn't want more beast wars
I'm a Transformers fan, not just a Beast Wars fan, I like Beast Wars, but it was not a stand alone story, it was part of G1, simply making a Beast Wars show hardly makes any sense story wise

And if you made it a continuation of the original Beast Wars show, you would have to retcon the ending of that continuity, and from a business perspective why would Hasbro do that? To cater to a small handful of 90s kids who probably don't even buy toys anymore to begin with? That wouldn't make any money
>>
>>93073339
Victory was fine.
>>
File: 1443024098482.jpg (71KB, 330x217px) Image search: [Google]
1443024098482.jpg
71KB, 330x217px
>>93071502
>mfw the salty TMNT fags always say nobody cares about Transformers, but our threads are always way more successful than theirs
>>
File: 1406766027584.jpg (183KB, 900x1391px) Image search: [Google]
1406766027584.jpg
183KB, 900x1391px
>>93074541
>>
>>93067858
Maybe if I were 6 years old that'd look good.
>>
>>93053909
Can we name the Moose 'Knuckle'?
>>
>>93075044
I'd be disappointed if we didn't
>>
>>93053909
>no humans
Why
>>
File: 1475483692913.png (148KB, 390x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475483692913.png
148KB, 390x480px
>>93066253
>look up source
>it's just a butt pic
This bastard claimed to like Sari but neber did anything explicit with her.
>>
>>93073339
>And if you made it a continuation of the original Beast Wars show, you would have to retcon the ending of that continuity,
>implying this has stopped any company before

They would really only have to retcon the comics. Waspinator is still there, protoforms are still there, bodies and parts of multiple transformers. It could easily be done within the story of the show. Time travel is an easy fix.

I don't think anyone is clamoring for them to go back to that timeline or story at all. infact, you're the only one that is adamant if beast wars was done it again it would have to be connected to G1, nearly everyone else in this topic disagrees with you. You're clinging to G1 so hard it's sad. Beast wars worked as a stand alone story fine. If you think it wouldn't that's your G1 bias.

>Both of those, an every single TF series from Japan, is utter shit
>Only Western TF is good

really, you have such bad taste, no one should listen to you anyway. Lets all be thankful this man isn't in charge of anything.
>>
>>93053909
>>93054711
I really like that. But I also really like Ultra Mammoth.
>>
>>93075962
I always hopes we'd get a major retool of this mold to make it like a mammoth skeleton. Even if it was just bone decals on the beast mode filled in by black plastic, I think it would be cool.
>>
>>93075902
>really, you have such bad taste, no one should listen to you anyway. Lets all be thankful this man isn't in charge of anything.
Literally the only people who like the TF animes are nostalgiafaggots who grew up when they were on the air, or fucking weebs who do not belong on this board

>You're clinging to G1 so hard it's sad. Beast wars worked as a stand alone story fine. If you think it wouldn't that's your G1 bias.

There are exact and specific story reasons for everything involved in Beast Wars , why they can take the form of organic animals as opposed to strictly mechanical ones, why they NEED to in the first place when they never would otherwise, why they had a massive change in size

Everything about Beast Wars is due to very specific details in the story, extremely specific. Just saying WELL HERES A TRANSFORMERS SHOW WHERE THEY ARE ORGANIC ANIMALS FOR NO REASON makes no fucking sense, you would need reasons for this.

Would it be on pre historic Earth or a planet just like it? How convenient! Just like the original series! You've put zero thought into any of this, you just want a show about animals because you're a fucking furry and don't care about the details or the mythos of why the fuck that would ever happen in the first place, go screw fanboy.
>>
>>93076146
>hoped

dammit
>>
>>93030960

>Talking shit about Extreme Dinosaurs

Nigga without Extreme Dinosaurs we would have never gotten Mummies Alive, and Street Sharks would've died after season 1.
>>
>>93076213
... Yes and?
They were all just shallow TMNT knockoffs.
>>
>>93059117
shhhh... it's ok anon, it's ok...
>>
File: bwmegatron2.jpg (12KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
bwmegatron2.jpg
12KB, 210x240px
>>93075902
>he liked the animuformers

you're disgusting. the only good thing to ever come out of those was armada starscream
>>
File: 1465602842538.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465602842538.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>93059500
> to suck their "life-force" dry

S-E-M-O-N D-E-M-O-N
>>
>>93075677
Were there humans in Beast Wars? No.
>>
>>93075962
>Literally take off the mammoth skin and it can stand and looks almost complete.
>>
File: 3d Cybershark.png (238KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
3d Cybershark.png
238KB, 300x347px
>>
File: Retrax.png (2MB, 828x1132px) Image search: [Google]
Retrax.png
2MB, 828x1132px
>>
File: Cybershark.png (782KB, 500x692px) Image search: [Google]
Cybershark.png
782KB, 500x692px
>>
File: Airrazor.png (485KB, 381x527px) Image search: [Google]
Airrazor.png
485KB, 381x527px
>>
>>93076625
Still a cool design though.
>>
File: Clawjaw.png (458KB, 382x527px) Image search: [Google]
Clawjaw.png
458KB, 382x527px
>>
>>93076596
Yes there were, they just were not in many episodes.
>>
>>93077018
Not on the level as most Transformers series. Jesus christ, the token kid characters were just as bad as Kennies in Gamera films.
>>
>>93077106
The only TF kids I ever truly hated across every series were Ralph and Miko honestly, and all the kids from the animes.
>>
File: Razorclaw.png (480KB, 383x527px) Image search: [Google]
Razorclaw.png
480KB, 383x527px
>>93077157
I hated the gen1 kid. Bad.
>>
>>93076824

>gets rekted by a giant plant
>>
File: Insecticon card.png (413KB, 379x526px) Image search: [Google]
Insecticon card.png
413KB, 379x526px
>>
>>93077018
>proto-humans
>humans
They can't talk and they didn't have their own plotlines. They mattered as much as inanimate energon on the planet. The Vok has more screentime and influence than the protohumans. It hardly compares to series that have human main characters.
>>
>>93077375

Expect the single proto-human where Dinobot had to show restraint was arguably the one that got him killed
>>
>>93076731
One of the worst TFs of all time
>>
>>93076596
How is that a problem? We are talking about a reimagining version of BW universe. If a rat was fine in BW, why no a human?

>>93077157
>hating Ralph
But why? He barely got screentime. He was harmless.
>>
>>93077618
Cause
>Beast Wars = No Humans
>Beast Wars II = No Humans
>Beast Wars Neo = No Humans
>Beast Machines = No Humans
>Beast Wars IDW Comic = No Humans
>>
>>93077648

Theres a beat wars IDW comic?
>>
>>93077576
That's not Windblade.
>>
File: stuart_little_2.jpg (245KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stuart_little_2.jpg
245KB, 1920x1080px
>>93077618
>But why? He barely got screentime. He was harmless.
Certain characters just bother me every now and again, in his case, he reminded me of when I was a kid and I really hated Stuart Little, I would fantasize about bullying Stuart until he cried and just making him feel bad, and torturing him and putting him in a container and slowly filling it with water until he was going to drown and covering it

Some characters remind me of this, like Raph, or Groot
>>
>>93077671
Yep.
>>
>>93077648
All those were in the past. Just make a BW in the future or some shit.
>>
File: bwacvra.jpg (763KB, 1280x1987px) Image search: [Google]
bwacvra.jpg
763KB, 1280x1987px
>>93077671
Yes. When people are busy clamoring for a revisit to the Beast Era, they tend to conveniently ignore the fact that it got a pretty great comic book that pretty much all the non show toy characters made an appearance in at some point or another, with a few moments featuring the show's cast here and there

>>93077682
I'll take a Windblade over a Retrax any day, the day I opened that toy as a kid was a major disappointment
>tfw you realize you got a shitty transformer and will have to make the best of it before you get the chance to get another one
>those fake attempts to convince yourself it's not an awful toy as you try to play with it
>>
>>93077913
>wanting humans when all the other series fucking succeeded in NOT having a human in any form.
>>
>>93077978
I think they mean with a new cast of characters, not 'guys who were skipped from the toy line'.
>>
>>93077986
>Beast Wars II
>Beast Wars Neo
>Beast Machines
>"Successes"
Really?
>>
>>93078018
You know what? We'll put a fucking faggot ass wheel chair bound black asian kid in the show, just for you.
>>
>>93077986
Animated and Prime had humans and they both are better than BW
>>
File: bwacvrb.jpg (766KB, 1280x1983px) Image search: [Google]
bwacvrb.jpg
766KB, 1280x1983px
>>93078014
Well that's stupid. I'm still waiting to hear somebodies synopsis for why that would happen or how it would make sense from a story telling perspective.
>>
>>93078098
They were also riding on the Gen1 nostalgia and the recent success of the movies. And also rode on the success of Beast Wars and made new Blackarachnia, Waspinator and Inferno.
>>
>>93078165
Movie*
Singular.
>>
>>93078149
OK
>Galvatron/Soundwave/Unicron/New Guy gets ass blasted that Megatron conquered Cybertron and then lost it.
>Thinks they can do better
>They go to Earth and conquer it.
>New Predacons join them.
>New Maximals come and Optimus Primal's old war buddy, Ursa Major, goes to Earth to stop them.

It's fucking simple.
>>
>>93078207
So....is this supposed to be post Beast Machines, or something else?
>>
File: 7d104014afc6c8673bc35b8a022889df.jpg (175KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
7d104014afc6c8673bc35b8a022889df.jpg
175KB, 752x1063px
>>93036099
Wrong, he wasn't even the best starscream in his own show, there were like 2 or 3 better starscreams.
>>
>>93078284
We'll keep the idea of Megatron being an actual force to be reckoned with and his conquering of Cybertron, but skip Beast Machines.
>>
>>93037594
Hey I recognize that guy carrying the tree in the first panel, I had a toy of him!
>>
File: Terrorsaur.png (125KB, 249x221px) Image search: [Google]
Terrorsaur.png
125KB, 249x221px
>>93078305
>Actually unthroned Megatron, by himself, fucking DISMEMBERING HIM HIMSELF.
>RULED THE PREDACONS
What other Starscream say they fucking WRECKED Megatron?
>>
File: tfa_seekers_by_khaamar.jpg (221KB, 900x806px) Image search: [Google]
tfa_seekers_by_khaamar.jpg
221KB, 900x806px
>>93078305
You want to fuck fem Starscream, don't you?
>>
File: Starscream2.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream2.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>93078334
Animated Starscream did it in the fucking first episode
>>
>>93078456
So Terrorsaur and Animated Starscream are the top tier of Starscreams, Animated pulling ahead cause he didn't fucking use a floating island to empower himself to do it.
>>
>>93078334
>implying Dinobot was not BW Starscream
>>
>>93078334
>>93078504
>>93078511
You guys realize Starscream himself was actually in BW, right?
>>
>>93078511
He...Wasn't? His pre-beast form was an construction vehicle. Terrorsaurs' was a red and purple jet. Plus, Terrorsaur was a snivling betraying asshole, willing to even get Rattrap as his slave to overthrow Megatron.

And if we dig deeper, Dinobot was always a Maximal in the toyline, reason? "Dinobots always helped Autobots".
>>
>>93078535
Immortal Spark for one episode, yes. But Terrorsaur filled in as the team's traitor until Tarantulas became the bigger betrayer. Scorponok even says, when Megatron was out of commission, that he was panicking all the time with those two around.

And the reason they had Starscream's spark possess Waspinator was because, they did the line readings with Terrorsaur, and no one could tell the fucking difference.
>>
File: tumblr_oazvrrWKEp1vz1cyxo1_500.jpg (90KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oazvrrWKEp1vz1cyxo1_500.jpg
90KB, 500x550px
>>93078504
>no Armada Starscream
>>
>>93078601
I sort of lost interest in Armada after everyone kept getting Minicons. What did Armada Star Scream do?
>>
>>93078601
His death was pretty badass from what I remember.
>>
File: starscream_by_14_bis-d9a2e8h.jpg (512KB, 562x1134px) Image search: [Google]
starscream_by_14_bis-d9a2e8h.jpg
512KB, 562x1134px
>>93041837
>>
>Autobots
>Predacons
>Maximals
>Decepticons
>Destrons
>Vehicons
>Insecticons
>Seacons
>Stunt Bots
>Dinobots
>Constructorcons

How many fucking factions are there?
>>
File: 1360552238260.png (35KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1360552238260.png
35KB, 700x700px
>>93078165
>>93078188
Anon I'd like to apologize. Reading through the thread I allowed the pedantic nature of the Transformers fandom to get to me.

Seriously we're all pic related.
>>
>>93078640
Oh wait no, I just checked it up and was just misremembering, he died like a bitch begging Megatron to join forces with Optimus against Unicron and then an heroed against Unicron.
>>
>>93078680
Most of those are not factions, but rather....teams, or subsets of certain factions
Destron is just the Japanese name for Decepticon
Maximals and Predacons are the the evolutionary successors of the Autobots and Decepticons, and also in the case of G1 Predacons, my initial statement, they are a sub group of Decepticons

It's been so long since I've seen Beast Machines I don't even remember how the Vehicons came into being, did Megatron invent them?
>>
File: Starscream and Alexis.jpg (67KB, 500x649px) Image search: [Google]
Starscream and Alexis.jpg
67KB, 500x649px
>>93078640
>the ONLY Starscream that was actually a good, loyal soldier
>he respected Megatron as a father
>his Megatron was the most abusive Megatron ever and he treated Starscream like trash
Feels bad, man. At least he got a girl friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxL8hQ0jwyg
>>
>>93078680
I think you are getting factions and combiners mixed up
>>
>>93075962
They shitted up big convoy with that paintjob
>>
>>93078742
If I remember correctly, Megatron took the sparks of fallen Beast Warriors and put them in updated vehicles found on Cybertron, because he suddenly hated being organic.

And also, Insecticons became their own faction in Beast Wars II, with Power Hug, Scissorboy, Mantis and the dragon fly.
>>
>>93078775

That was for the commanders

The regular ones were Transformers on cybertron who their sparks stolen and their chassis were turned into Veichons
>>
>>93076200
>Literally the only people who like the TF animes are nostalgiafaggots who grew up when they were on the air

Same thing for G1, same thing for Beast Wars, same thing for a lot of people on this board about a lot of things. Quit acting like one day someone discovered Megas XLR or Ducktales and was blown away by the show. This is literally EVERY THING ON /CO/

>>93076278
>Hating Skybyte

you're a monster.
>>
>>93078305
>>93078372

Animated Ramjet > Starscream > Sunstorm > Skywarp > Slipstream > Thundercracker
>>
>>93078854
>Same thing for G1, same thing for Beast Wars, same thing for a lot of people on this board about a lot of things. Quit acting like one day someone discovered Megas XLR or Ducktales and was blown away by the show. This is literally EVERY THING ON /CO/

>Literally everybody is just a nostalgiafag and absolutely no media has merit beyond that
I'm sorry, but that simply isn't true. Some people can actually judge things objectively and not based on whether it was important to their childhood or not, there are plenty of childhood shows that I loved dearly but I can easily say in retrospect were god awful, and other shows actually hold up.
>>
>>93078680
neocons
>>
>>93079012

Then you're blind to the people around. You can tell if a show sucked but you can't see people clinging to shitty shows? People love G1 and it's pretty bad.
>>
>>93077182
I fucking had this piece of shit. The laser gun claw fell off all the time.
>>
>>93079061
I don't think G1 was bad, in terms of 80s shows I think it was probably one of the best. Most people who hate G1 are the same as young kids who hate Beast Wars, can't get past what dates it because they're jaded and probably never gave it a proper chance or actually watched every bit of it

I watched all of the shows I criticize, I even bought the fucking toys.

That being said, if you think G1 sucks or Beast Wars sucks or whatever show sucks, it's a free fucking country, but many people are operating on a bias as you accuse me of, I am not. I have no reason to be biased whatsoever because I love the Transformers brand as a whole, not any particular era.
>>
File: Sari.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sari.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>93076596
A human "Maximal" already exists
>>
>>93078752
>his Megatron was the most abusive Megatron ever and he treated Starscream like trash
This just proves that every other Starscream is in the right then.
>>
>>93079149
Can we not.
>>
>>93075850
>This bastard claimed to like Sari but neber did anything explicit with her.
Sorry to disappoint. I'll put in it my backlog.
>>
File: decepts.gif (564KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
decepts.gif
564KB, 400x308px
>>93079146
>I watched all of the shows I criticize, I even bought the fucking toys
>I have no reason to be biased whatsoever because I love the Transformers brand as a whole
>I have no reason to be biased whatsoever because I love the Transformers brand as a whole
>not biased
>>
>>93079368
>not an Autobot insignia on her panty
ONE JOB
>>
File: 1368039959348.gif (913KB, 196x150px) Image search: [Google]
1368039959348.gif
913KB, 196x150px
>>93079368
>>
File: 1496732085388.jpg (83KB, 856x575px) Image search: [Google]
1496732085388.jpg
83KB, 856x575px
>there will never again be a cocky Megatron in a transformers show
>>
>>93070082
seeing this and hating that if takara want it they will do a new season of TFA, nwow it's too late
let's just forget TF go! please
>>
>>93079412
So I'm biased towards Transformers? Ok, if anything that should give any negative Transformers opinions I have twice the merit. Not really sure what point you're trying to make.
>>
>>93077978
I love Beast Wars. Its tied with TFA for my favorite TF show. I have those comics. And I have to say, they are not very good. I have not seen Beast Wars Neo or BW II, but to my understanding you need to have seen those for these other comics to make sense (or at least for the second one Ascending). Ascending is rushed and missing a lot of details to be able to follow the full story. Its been a few years since I read it but I know when I did I was confused as all hell and I own The Gathering and BW on DVD, which I have seen many many times.
>>
>>93079444
>>
>>93066253
>brown
>pigtails
>Tara Strong, before she was universally hated

Not at all. It's the perfect qt recipe.
>>
>>93079843
Nice
>>
>>93079745

LOL. Are you this retarded? If you're biased towards transformers your criticisms of it should be ignored because you're going to love it the way your bias points. We should listen to you less cause you're admitted fanboy. You may not be a "trukk not munkey" person, but you're more like them than an outsider is.
>>
>>93079368
>>93079843
I miss when there were more of you guys on /co/ drawing Sari.
>>
>>93079907
>If you're biased towards transformers your criticisms of it should be ignored because you're going to love it the way your bias points.
This statement makes absolutely no sense, unless the case was that I criticize absolutely nothing Transformers, in which case you would have a point, because my bias would be preventing me from being critical about the franchise.

Obviously, that isn't the case.
>>
>>93079763
I don't think the II/Neo characters who showed up in IDW are exactly totally canon to their anime counterparts, I always felt like they were just kind of hijacked and put into the other continuity
>>
>>93080138

your bias is why you're critical of the franchise in certain ways. You value parts of it more than others. You know there's people out there that love the michael bay movies, they'll dismiss bumblebee talking cause they're bias is towards the movie.....I mean... it's not black and white "I love transformers and know what is good and bad" . Your opinion has less weight for the reason you're saying. There's literally no way to know if you're speaking from a biased position or being valid.
>>
>>93080351
That is utterly asinine. So according to you, the only people who have worthwhile opinions about something are people who don't like the thing to begin with.

You're just reaching because I've flustered you for whatever reason, go smoke a cigarette and jerk off and come back when you want to stop being ridiculous.
>>
>>93080170
Thats not what didnt make sense. The characters themselves were fine. I remember in the Ascending that they were chasing some sort of essance that was making bots sick (if I remember correctly) but they didnt explain what it was, why it made anyone sick, or really how they got rid of it. I was told if you knew the plots of BW II/Neo that it made sense.
>>
I liked the three unconnected japanese Transformers shows that were done as a trilogy and dubbed dialog that made no sense to somehow connect the three shows.
>>
File: 227120-112665-megatron.jpg (23KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
227120-112665-megatron.jpg
23KB, 320x240px
>>93074541
>>
File: Waspinator.png (109KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
Waspinator.png
109KB, 250x249px
>>
>>93079368
>>93079843
Why do people like young Sari more than teen Sari?
>>
>>93081478
Why do you think
>>
I can hear ratpacks voice in my dreams and I havent done anything with transformers or beast wars since it aired
>>
>>93081643
What does the voice say?
>>
>>93080138
Are you seriously implying that if someone is so invested on their hobbies they must not be able to form a valid opinion of it? do you even know the meaning of gradient or in depth research?
>>
>>93081802
>We're all gonna die.
>>
>>93080419

No, you're close... they don't have dislike it, it's not black and white! You keep acting like it's this or that. The people who have worth while opinions are the ones who are not brand loyalists and neutral to begin with. If you are a "transformers fan" then your opinion on each individual show and movie is worthless. Who cares what you think, you like all transformers, hate all japanese iterations of it. That's a proclivity you yourself have stated. So, yea, why should anyone care what you think? Im really not even mad, like Im just like lol'ing at you. If someone goes to see a star wars movie no matter what, cause its star wars, their opinion is forfeited. They support the brand no matter what. That is blindness in them. There is a blindness in you, at least in the way you've been talking, maybe not, but in what you've said and how you've said it, you certainly seem like a total tool when it comes to G1. It's not at all reaching to dismiss someones opinion when they approach things in an automatic love or hate fashion as you do.
>>
File: Flashpoint.png (318KB, 600x1081px) Image search: [Google]
Flashpoint.png
318KB, 600x1081px
>>
>>93081947
>Are you seriously implying that if someone is so invested on their hobbies they must not be able to form a valid opinion of it?
No, that's what they are implying.
>>93083087
>If you are a "transformers fan" then your opinion on each individual show and movie is worthless.
Dumb
> It's not at all reaching to dismiss someones opinion when they approach things in an automatic love or hate fashion as you do.
Except, it's not automatic. I don't hate Japanese Transformers because it's Japanese, I hate it because it's shitty and I formed that opinion by watching it when it aired.
>>
>>93083186
>No, that's what they are implying.

and it's true.

>Except, it's not automatic. I don't hate Japanese Transformers because it's Japanese, I hate it because it's shitty and I formed that opinion by watching it when it aired.

proof. If you hate all the animes there's seriously something wrong with you. You can't admit that you cant come into them fresh, you cant leave prior knowledge and your bias at the door. Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>93083447
>If you hate all the animes there's seriously something wrong with you. You can't admit that you cant come into them fresh, you cant leave prior knowledge and your bias at the door. Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

I was like 14 when the first Transformers anime that got a Western release aired in the US, give me a fucking break you doofus. You're seriously reaching, I watched them all because I was a kid, I still have the fucking toys I invested money in from those lines. RiD sucked, Armada sucked, Energon sucked, and Cybertron sucked. This is a commonly held belief so I don't even know why you're acting like it isn't or as if I'm some rare case to have such opinions.
>>
>>93083499
>RiD sucked

I dont mean to butt in....but youre an idiot. RiD is a nice comfy tf anime, its pretty good for what it is. i dont know why you dont think its chill

>no parking means no parking
>>
>>93083740

rose tinted glasses are a disease like no other.
>>
>>93083740
RiD was shit and it made absolutely no sense. It was a crappy kiddy tier anime, which, kiddy anime is far worse than kiddy Western shows....they throw all concepts of good writing or character right out the window for whatever reason when it comes to kids media. Just goofy crap, the name of the show was Robots in Disguise and yet it's probably the TF show that has focused less on disguise than any other.

I didn't hate it as much as I do now, but even as a kid I knew it sucked but I kind of went along with it because I wanted my TF fix. But yeah, it's shitty.

If you were talking strictly about the toyline, I would agree with you, I quite liked all the repaints and quite a few of the original figures, can't say the same about Armada.
>>
>>93055828
>In the first place, part of what made Beast Wars good was it's tie-in to G1
Fuck off my dick boy. I didn't watch Beast Wars because of G1 TF. I had never even HEARD of TF before watching Beast Wars and I had a grand old time watching Mammals Robots get into turf wars with Dinosaur and Arthropod Robots on prehistoric earth.
>>
>>93083946

I really wonder where the series would have gone if they kept the planet as not earth. The Alien visitors were interesting, them trying to wipe out all life on the planet is an interesting plot point. They seem to give up and this concept is dropped in favor of incorporating G1.

The show being written with these trapdoors helped make the storylines so successful. It seems like it was planned all along, even though it wasn't.
>>
>>93083169
why te masculine face?
>>
>>93084730
doesn't look specially masculine to me.
>>
>>93083946
From a production standpoint, Beast Wars wasn't even solidly a G1 sequel until around half way through season 1. They were making a lot of it up as they went along.
>>
>>93084891
>They were making a lot of it up as they went along.
Speaking of:
>Beast Wars co-story editor Bob Forward drew storyboards for [Code of Hero]. Not only is it the only Beast Wars episode to be directed by the series's writers, but it is also the only episode to be done up in storyboards rather than being directed on-the-fly. Bob Forward worked in person with the Mainframe animators for this episode.
>>
>>93035919
I sincerely hope not Zera and Zuma.
>>
File: tumblr_oqv9086G2I1tgmo26o1_1280.jpg (469KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oqv9086G2I1tgmo26o1_1280.jpg
469KB, 1280x960px
>>
>>93033496
no
>>
>>93086021
Animated was great, there is really no debating it other than "hurrr the art style was too cartoony!"
>>
>>93086339
i'd solidly put animated as second best series, after beast wars, personally.

that being said, don't be a fuckwad about how something like "was this show great" has "no debate". it reeks of elitism and entitlement.
>>
>>93086373
>it reeks of elitism and entitlement.
Welcome to /co/, or 4chan for that matter.
>>
>>93086401
bitch i've been here since 2006

"it's always been like this" or "this is how it is" is a terrible way to justify not fixing something bad
>>
>>93086417
4chan is about anonymity, therefor it is also about people being cunty elitists. Comes with the territory and that can't be fixed.
>>
>>93084891

Season 1 was written as 2 seasons as well. Victory as a season finale placeholdr script.
>>
>>93086896
is english a second language for you
>>
>>93026057

That's not Gen 1
>>
>>93086921
actually it kind of is
Thread posts: 473
Thread images: 141

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.