[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The secret identity is really necessary? watching shows like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 2012033_300x300.jpg (8KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2012033_300x300.jpg
8KB, 300x300px
The secret identity is really necessary?

watching shows like Su, star vs, ben 10 and even the marvel movies, i see that no one give a fuck for secret identity anymore.

I always found the idea of secret identity really boring, in especial on tv cartoon shows , Where identity is just an excuse to write the same episodes about >not letting my parents find out what I do outside of school
>>
this better be b8
>>
Well, one of the innovations of Marvel in the 60's and 70's was the eschewing of traditional superhero elements, such as the secret identity.

I wouldn't say it's an antiquated idea, but it's not needed for every character. In the 70's and early 80's they found that Iron Man and Thor both worked better without the secret identities. At the same time Batman and Superman spent a lot less time on plots involving the secret identities, and characters like the Flash revealed themselves to people close to them.

But then you have characters like Spider-Man where the secret identity is absolutely crucial to the character and they wouldn't work without them.

Ironically writers later found that there was a lot they could do with Superman and Batman's secret identities, such as Bruce Wayne being a proactive and smart political figure instead of an airheaded socialite, and Clark Kent doing investigative journalism to go where Superman can't.

Ultimately it comes down to implementation. Like you said it can be an excuse for cliched phoned-in plots, but it doesn't have to be.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.