[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Flash isn't a mary s-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Ry45Mjf.png (801KB, 1116x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Ry45Mjf.png
801KB, 1116x1100px
Flash isn't a mary s-
>>
I wish this panel never happened.
>>
Aren't Mary Sues defined as such on their inception and not just whether or not they're badly written in one or more iterations?
>>
File: 3fa.jpg (136KB, 554x510px) Image search: [Google]
3fa.jpg
136KB, 554x510px
>>93016950
>>
This panel is just a writers who doesn't understand what words mean.
>>
File: 1495135691734.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495135691734.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>93017002
jesus christ, i need to read more golden age
>>
Countered by the fact he's the supreme jobber
>>
>>93017014

It's a dream sequence
>>
/tv/ and their garbage memes aren't canc-
>>
File: 1492200916678.jpg (143KB, 552x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492200916678.jpg
143KB, 552x449px
>>93017070
guess ill just leave then
>>
>Jobs like he's trying to do an impression of the Martian Manhunter
>"Mary Sue"

Naw
>>
>>93016950
I don't get what's wrong with this. Isn't it the point that he's really really really fucking fast? That's literally his superpower and nothing else.
>>
>>93016950
-
>>
>>93017002
>Watch and learn, here's the deal.jpg
>>
>>93016950
Just because he states he strain and use the speedforce to perceive reality at that rate doesn't mean he's perceiving reality like that 24/7.
>>
>>93016962
Editorial mandate to try to make Barry Allen as cool as possible.
>>
>>93017002
I know this is funny but that's actually a dream sequence.
>>
>>93016988
Usually, yes. Very few people on 4chan actually know what a Mary Sue is.
>>
>>93017476
>what do i see when I run across the country, superman? I see everything. And everyone.
This states that he is constantly perceiving things at a faster than imaginable rate.
So what is the cutoff for his default thinking rate?
>>
>>93016950
That shit eating smile...
>>
>>93016988
Mary Sue is just a slang term. It's not a trope that is referencing a specific character trait or situation unless you want to specifically say that it HAS to be a self insert over powered character which is where it originated.
This is like arguing about what a constitutes a meme but not using Richard Dawkins definition as a basis.
>>
>>93017717
>not using Richard Dawkins definition as a basis.
all information and ideas are memetic, it's just some are more memtic than others.
>>
>>93017765
Are you okay?
I wasn't asking what Richard Dawkins definition was.
I was talking about how people used to argue that memes have to specifically come from 4chan or that they had to be reaction images. Et al.
>>
>>93017251
>>93017070
Something similar happens and he just vibrates back in time to when the earth was in the place he's at in canon.
>>
>>93016950
>I can perceive events that last for less than an attosecond
I don't get it. The photons from the event in question wouldn't have even left the event after an attosecond. By what mechanism would he perceive them? What events is he even talking about? Shit measured in attoseconds is just sub-atomic shit unless I'm missing something, so how exactly does he watch electrons change phases or whatever he's claiming he can do? Does he have micro-vision too?

He's a fucking liar is what he is. He's full of shit.

Did the writer just google "shortest measurement of time" and call it a day or what?

If I were writing Flash the first thing I would do is establish that he is a liar. He makes shit up about how fast he is because he knows nobody can call him out on it.
>>
>>93017014
That's the 70's when Flash writers were literally trying to sell to pot smoking young adults by being intentionally strange.
>>
>>93017875
Eh Flash has had the weird ability to perceive and hear things at FTL speeds before. Ostensibly one of Flash's core powers, lending speed to other things, allows him to speed up those photons you're talking about instinctively to massively FTL speeds so he can see what he wants to see.
>>
I wonder if anyone who's ever posted this image has ever read a single Flash issue in his life.
>>
>Expecting comic writers to be able to count
>>
>>93017251
someone post Luthor's citrus time gun
>>
Wasn't he just being cocky to fuck with the guy?
>>
>>93017014
Barry is Silver/Bronze Age. Golden Age is the 40s, with Jay Garrick as the Flash.
>>
>>93016950
*sticks out leg*
>>
>>93016950
>try to say that out loud
It's one hundred quadrillionth of a second. Not that hard, smartass.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.