[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there more pacifist superheroes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1484648247461.png (1MB, 1223x880px) Image search: [Google]
1484648247461.png
1MB, 1223x880px
Why aren't there more pacifist superheroes?
>>
>>93012769
>pacifist superheroes?

So like they would save a baby from a fire, but then if Green Goblin was blowing up the city, they wouldn't get involved?

Some hero, you got there. Doesn't have the balls to stand up and be a hero after all
>>
>>93012769
Because it's boring.
>>
>>93012823
No, just because they can't use violence doesn't mean they can't stop villains. They can use mind control to force the villains to repent and change their personalities, or slow time around them so they can't move and spend eternity frozen in place.
>>
>>93012823
Of course they'd get involved.
They could organize a sit-in to protest the Green Goblin's actions and if that doesn't work, there's always self-immolation.
>>
Joe Casey wrote Superman as a pacifist for a year without editors or anyone noticing
>>
because the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Dove from Hawk & Dove and holy shit was he lame
>>
>>93012950
>slow time around them so they can't move and spend eternity frozen in place.

that's more cruel than an ass-beating. Not sure it qualifies as a pacifist move.
>>
>>93012769
Yeah we totally need that.

Capeshit Steven Universes. Sounds fucking awesome.
>>
The Punisher, he shares the gift of the eternal peace of the grave.
>>
wasn't wonder man at one point written as a pacifist?
>>
File: deathlok (5).jpg (91KB, 531x378px) Image search: [Google]
deathlok (5).jpg
91KB, 531x378px
>>
>>93014523
>pacifism
>everyone in the show commits acts of violence

>>93012950
I tend to think >>93013075 is right. That's "pacifistic" in the same way a lobotomy or prison cell or paralyzing agent is.

Pacifism acts as a form of social pressure, but against someone not influenced by that pressure (a government that doesn't care, a super villain who doesn't care about bad PR, a guy with a knife who wants to shiv you and take your money) it doesn't accomplish much. Unless the superhero is specifically peacefully protesting an organized group that's vulnerable to peer pressure, it would be a story about Superman not stopping murderers.
>>
>>93012823
restrain green goblin before he harms people, without harming either the green goblin or anyone else

non-violent does not mean dumb or impotent, and any pacifist seriously considering a career in superheroism must make every possible precaution, now every pertinent skill to make this possible

you cant save everyone, you arent perfect, but every action you do should go to furthering your ability to uphold justice without the use of violence, there will be times when you might falter, doubt, or be tempted to take the easy way and become the punisher but nstead of giving in, it should redouble your efforts to pursue an effective, efficient, and still non-harmful way to stop all forms of crime
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.