[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Bruce/Barbara ever be made to work in the main DCU, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Could Bruce/Barbara ever be made to work in the main DCU, or is it simply too different from the DCAU?
>>
>>93012675
Still mad aren't you Timm?
>>
It doesn't work in the DCAU either. It's completely creepy and inappropriate.

Call me tumblr or whatever you want. It's disgusting to be banging someone who's basically your fucking student who's a college-aged kid when you're like 30. Even worse when your (adopted) son is dating her on and off. It's bordering on fetish shit.
>>
>>93012902
>like 30

Wait, is Bruce only in his 30s? Not actually that weird then, desu.
>>
>>93012675
Bad ship, bad shit

Just let it go, man.

"Oh it's supposed to be uncomfortable and unhealthy" Yeah Timm always says that but let's logic this out.

Let's say Barbra want's it. Bruce would still be like "No, first of all, I knew you in high school, also I know my own track record with relationships, IE a train wreck everyone of them, so I'd like to avoid another one"
>>
>>93013549
>Yeah Timm always says that

But he's right, and that's the point. The whole reason to do it is that it's toxic and unhealthy. It generates secrets, lies, betrayal, controversy, and bitterness, and this all generates character interactions on which stories can be built.

"But Anon," you say, "you make it sound like a plot twist in a shitty soap opera." Well, I have news for you: superhero comics ARE a shitty soap opera. They've been that way for decades. In fact, they've been that way since Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. The sooner you embrace this, the better.
>>
File: 1460811513486.jpg (62KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
1460811513486.jpg
62KB, 600x461px
>>93012675
obligatory
>>
If it was something like Lego Batman where they changed her character where she's aged up a little and Batman has zero relationship with Gordon it could work.

What made it so off putting was the fact that Bruce was good friends with Gordon and him sleeping with his daughter behind his back is all sorts of douchbaggery.
>>
File: batman_pregnet.png (1MB, 1070x1346px) Image search: [Google]
batman_pregnet.png
1MB, 1070x1346px
>>93013463
Pre-Flashpoint he was in his early 40's, in New 52 he's like 33, which is probably about the age he is in the DCAU.

>>93013628
>>
>>93012675
It just doesn't work.

Age has nothing to do with it even if she's 18 or older and he's at most only 30. The Classic iteration of Bats means that Bruce is fucking his good friend and close alley's *daughter* behind the guy's back. And even WORSE than that is if Dick/Robin has had interest in her before meaning their shared father/teacher/*leader* figure is banging one of them. And for what? He was never going to marry Babs or commit to a real relationship so this was all tosatisfy some weird moment of passion or just to get his Bat-rocks off.

This is really unethical, even for a rich guy who turned into a bat-suited vigilante that punches killer clowns for a living.
>>
>>93013709
And yet he has a several fully grown sidekick who's branched out on thier own (mostly) and a 10 year old kid. There isn't enough years to explain all that. He would have had to be 15 when he started being Batman.
>>
>>93014257
Sorry for the typos. Long day.
>>
>>93012675
No, they don't blend like that. It was underhanded in the DCAU too. Babs is to Bruce as a Daughter is to a Father
>>
They make a great couple and I don't understand how people are reading a father/daughter relationship between them. He and Dick don't even have a father/son relationship.
>>
>>93014014
Why does it have to be behind Jim's back? I can't see any reason for him to not want Barbara and Bruce to be together.
>>
>>93016209
Not to mention that in the DCAU the Batfamily is incredibly unstable even before ROTJ. Dick chafed under Bruce from an early age, Tim's kind of a little shit who disobeys more than once, and Barbara is essentially a freelancer. Fuck, there's a degree to which Barbara is the most trustworthy member of the Batfamily by TNBA, given the respective statuses of Nightwing and Robin. She is, above all else, loyal. And every Batman in every universe loves loyalty.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.