[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Universe/Magic in the DCEU

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
So, from what I understand DC is a little peeved that Universal is calling their shared universe the Dark Universe, viewing it as a copyright issue with their Justice League Dark movie. I think some interesting turnabout would be a World War II movie starring the Creature Commandos. What do you all think? What other supernatural stuff would you like to see in the DCEU?
>>
>>93008785
Will mummie-san make enough profit?
>>
Justice League Dark is a goddamn stupid name and if this Universal move prevents them from using it then we'll all profit from it.
>>
>>93009320

I really can't the Mummy doing very well desu, even with Tom Cruise. Unless Tom turns into a mummy in it or something it looks pretty uninspired
>>
>>93009320
>>93010364
>Take a fun action adventure set in early 20th century
>Turn it into a dull non-horror snoozefest
Movie deserves to tank.
>>
>>93008785
You can't use the term "dark", are you fucking serious? As long as they've been sitting/shitting on their magical characters? They could have had a Justice League Dark, a Seven Soldiers or a Demon Knights movie out by now, EASILY.

>What other supernatural stuff would you like to see in the DCEU?

Spectre,Jason Blood/Etrigan and Shining Knight Ystin are all I can think of that isn't Zatanna. If Supergirl was a better show seeing Traci 13 show up would be cool.
>>
Oh, wah wah.

Snooze ya lose, WB.
>>
>>93010776
Shut up Boco.
>>
>>93008785
it's not a copyright issue unless they copyrighted it

>>93010660
"dark" wouldn't be even heard in court, it'd never be accepted

"dark universe" is contestable, assuming WB remembered to copyright it and maintain the copyright; other aspects may be affected by copyright, specifically designs and logos, but since WB hasn't put any of that out in public, it's really not very likely unless they can prove Universal screwed them out of it somehow

>>93010364
TC makes a solid 400 erry time

>>93009320
sure

whether it's any good is open to question

>>93010322

realistically the whole JLD concept has always seemed like clickbait trash

i buy that it's a real concept that they explored and del Toro was involved at some point and that much has got out, but i don't buy that they're still considering it, much less to run parallel with or segue into the DCEU

because that's retarded

i mean imagine Marvel Studios pulling a Marvel Comics circa 2012 and suddenly shitting vampires into everything for a couple of movies, then apparently waking up from a coke-induced delirium not surrounded by hookers and bodily fluids as imagined but by dead dogs and mostly dogshit

that would be the effect of suddenly making the DCEU have a major movie about like mummies and shit being totes evil yo
>>
>>93008785
Dark Universe was a shit title.Justice League Dark is and always was a shit title. I'd rather Shadowpact or Books of Magic as a title.

I just want a good Constantine adaption, some good chemistry with Zatanna. Comic-wise, I'd like to see Raven get involved with the occult side every now and again.
>>
>>93010534
It's not a remake of the 1999 Mummy, it's a remake of the 1932 Mummy. It's trying to bring back a golden age of monster cinema and I'm totally up for that, even if it does look uninspired.
>>
>>93008785
once the mummy bombs and Universal realizes the idea of a monster shared universe is stupid it won't really matter much
>>
>people still think Justice League Dark will happen
>literally ever
The DCEU is the Batman Universe featuring Superman and Wonder Woman. They're not going to expand that further when Justice League fails to make a billion dollars.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.