[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How have superheroes changed your life /co/? Have you ever made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

How have superheroes changed your life /co/? Have you ever made an important decision in a way you wouldn't have otherwise? Been inspired through a tough time by a certain hero? This is the time to share!
>>
Bueno Excelente inspired me to take the steps i needed to get my life back on my dream occupation
>>
File: 1481636257157.jpg (118KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481636257157.jpg
118KB, 1600x900px
>>93006451
When I face a tough decision where morals is in conflict with my personal gain or whatever, I sometimes find myself thinking "What would Peter do?"

Then I summon the devil and make a deal with him so he'll fix it all in exchange for my future daughter.
>>
File: 1433630003064.jpg (56KB, 447x604px) Image search: [Google]
1433630003064.jpg
56KB, 447x604px
>>93006451
I hold Peter's mantra of "With great power there must also come great responsibility" very close to my heart. And that means that since I have no real power, I have no real responsibility.
>>
File: gamble-a-stamp-e1397846997922.jpg (86KB, 456x426px) Image search: [Google]
gamble-a-stamp-e1397846997922.jpg
86KB, 456x426px
>>93006451
Flex is an inspiration to us all.
>>
>>93006451
One day, I brought my nephew a few Justice League episodes to watch. Eventually, we got up to the Clash and this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqfNRrcFNVM

After watching it I was inspired. Because it really struck a chord in me that I never realized. A hero, acting like a hero. Not being the destroyer of worlds like Hickman's Avengers, being plain dicks like nearly every hero Bendis/Millar write and not being edgy assholes who kill to keep the bad guys down.

Captain Marvel just a guy trying to do good and be the person they can be. No psychological issues that guide them to 'heroic' or anything like that. Just heroic for its own sake. That's why I love him being a kid as it provides a different perspective on situations which more adult characters never considered.
>>
>>93006451
>How have superheroes changed your life /co/?
They helped me realize going into cartooning/graphics arts is a terrible life choice
and to get /fit/
>>
I can't say that comics MADE me a bitter, stunted man-child with a crippling inability to deal with reality, but they probably didn't help.
>>
I majored in journalism because of the Question. Unfortunately I'm unemployed now.
>>
>>93008690
Has there ever been an a villain with this concept? The "anti-Spiderman" seems so obvious but I can't think of anyone who fits it. Someone who decided what you said, since they're an insignificant nobody they have no responsibility and just said "fuck it all" to society.
>>
>>93007511
I feel like you'd run out of future daughters to bargain with pretty quickly.
>>
>>93009619
Have you tried adopting a rigidly Objectivist worldview and savagely beating anyone you deem evil?
>>
>>93009697
Yeah. It didn't help things. Guess I'll try his buddhist ways.
>>
>>93009471
New 52 bants?
>>
>>93009810
You could also become an urban shaman and wander around your town tripping balls beating and killing people according to what the city tells you.
>>
>>93006451
As a pre-teen, I was into the justice league. But as a teen, I was more into the Xmen and New Mutants. They taught me a lot about morality and about how things can get complicated.
Taught me a lot about what not to do when things get morally complicated.

Somebody should have told Magneto many years ago that he has a bad habit of diving headlong into the darkest path he can find. He says he's all for mutant kind, but his bad habit have cost thousands of mutants their lives.
>>
Well, I tried to model myself off Wolverine, if somebody ever tried to pick on me I attacked them, preferably with a weapon because I am a small guy
>>
File: 1488267994038.jpg (89KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1488267994038.jpg
89KB, 401x401px
>>93006451
I wouldn't exactly call her a superhero.
>>
>>93006451
flex, hypercrisis, superman is god, etc, etc
>>
>>93009650
I actually don't think it's been done.
>>
>>93011539
So you're a psycho manlet? Just goes to show what happens when you pick a psycho manlet to be your role model.
>>
>>93006451
I was an orphan essentially, my Dad was in jail my whole childhood and my mother was addicted to pills.

Batman showed me that with preparation anything is possible. I now have a college degree and a great job and am about to buy my first house.
>>
>>93006451
Doesn't mean much, but sometimes I'll think to myself "Would Superman be disappointed in me?" when tempted to be lazy or do something unsavory
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.