[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoons your parents never let you watch even though you wanted to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 57

File: dontlook.jpg (23KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
dontlook.jpg
23KB, 640x360px
Any heartbreaking stories?
>>
>>92998661
Pokemon was of the devil because Pikachu had pointy ears.

Dragon Ball was of the devil because they had aliens and aliens are just demons in disguise.

Ed Edd and Eddy was a conspiracy by the government to turn children retarded.

Spongebob was a conspiracy by the government to turn children gay.
>>
File: IMG_0189.jpg (51KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0189.jpg
51KB, 400x300px
My mom caught me watching pic related. Never ever more that she knows of[spoiler/]
>>
>>92998722
Man, your childhood must have sucked
>>
>>92998661
>mother forbid me from watching cartoons altogether in between The Storm and The Blue Spirit
>>
>>92998661
not parent, but my grandma would get furious if she caught me watching beavis and butthead, it was idiotic filth
>>
>>92998826
your grandmother had a point
>>
Nah, growing up, I loved watching weird cartoons with my dad on Sundays. I was embarrassed to watch anime while he was in the room, though.
>>
>>92998763
It was, but here's the funny thing about that.

My parents saw comics as a goofy medium for children, so they just bought that stuff so that I wouldn't have to watch evil TV shows. So I read shit like Batman Year One, Spawn, and Preacher, because my parents thought Preacher was a Christian series to help better my walk with God. So the shit I ended up consuming instead was objectively worse than what I was banned from. It's not like it mattered either way though, because I just watched that shit behind their back. Then got whipped by a belt whenever they caught me.
>>
I was never allowed to watch the simpsons,

I have never seen an episode before last season.

I really don't get how its lasted.
>>
File: IMG_0190.jpg (50KB, 602x244px)
IMG_0190.jpg
50KB, 602x244px
Couldnt watch the show nor play the card games.
It was the upbringing of the devil.
>>
The cartoons they hated and never let us watch included:
- Anything with superheroes. Didn't matter if it was dark or light-hearted; it was "too violent" and "all they do is beat each other up all the time." Oddly, they didn't seem to mind us reading Batman comics (they were the Dark Age comics too, so they were really dark.)
- The Simpsons. We watched one episode ("Team Homer") and once the credits were rolling, my father declared that it's too adult and we won't be watching this anymore, ever.
- Most of the "dumb" cartoons, like "Cow & Chicken" ("It doesn't make sense! Why do they have human parents if they're animals?") or "The Mask" ("Did you know, some kids were taken to a hospital after seeing a cartoon just like this one!" -- i.e. misinterpreted echoes of the seizure-inducing Pokemon episode).
- "Samurai Jack". Not sure why, but probably because they considered it too violent (also: "This is a stupid cartoon! If he's a samurai then why is he named Jack?")
- The "Tales from the Cryptkeeper" horror series because they considered it too dark and scary. It was a sore point for my sister who was always a sucker for all things horror.
- They also frowned at Powerpuff Girls at one point because of the character "Him" ("He's basically Satan, right? So these Powerpuff Girls are usurping the role of God!"), but not to the point of outright ban.

I'm speculating that, because my parents were mostly raised on Communist-era cartoons as kids, they were pretty critical of anything that came from the USA in the 90's or later; it was just so different than what they were used to.
>>
My parents weren't spergs. They let me watch whatever I wanted. Not /co/ related, but Dad was considerate enough to warn me that Stephen King movies might not be appropriate for an 8 year old.
>>
>>92998722
>Pokemon was of the devil because Pikachu had pointy ears.
My father used to forbid us from anything Pokemon, until he actually bothered to do some research and found out that the "Pokemon battles" in the franchise were just sporting matches, not brutal battles to the death.
>>
Holy shit fundies are such cancer.
>>
>>92998661
My dad would actually show me all the cool cartoons.
>>
>>92999168
To this day I try to explain to my parents that Pokemon battles were inspired by beetle fights the creator had as a kid with his friend, but they are dead set on the belief that the idea came from some sort of Satanic cult training he received.
>>
File: IMG_0191.jpg (52KB, 512x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0191.jpg
52KB, 512x287px
To be fair, if you had a kid nowadays would you let him watch pic related??
Times change, and so kids taste. You can respect that or be a shitty father.
>>
My parents didn't pay attention to anything I was doing.
>>
Stuff on Adult Swim, especially Family Guy, it still didn't stop 8 year old me from watching it and ATHF
>>
>>92998661
I remember my parents forbidding me from watching The Simpsons cause Bart would say words like "damn" or "hell." Oddly enough, they didn't care if I watched Ren & Stimpy, which I would argue had far worse shit in it than the Simpsons ever did.
>>
>>92998661
Original Samurai Jack
>>
>>92999324
If they wanted to, yeah. I might tease them a little over it, but that would be as far as I'd go.
>>
>>92998661
I'm not familiar. My parents didn't care lol. I was four when South Park came out and I watched it with my older brothers. I was also "that kid who had Grand Theft Auto."
>>
Ren and Stimpy was a hardcore no sell and I wasn't allowed to watch it. I didn't really want to watch it either because I thought the art was really grotesque and unappealing. Which is funny considering I really liked Rugrats and Rocko's Modern Life, one which has what a lot of people call an ugly art style and the other holding really raunchy or gross humor.
>>
>>92998955
>I really don't get how its lasted
$$$
>>
for a while growing up my mom wouldn't let me watch ed edd n eddy since everyone in that show essentially treated each other like ass holes
>>
My mom got upset because I was watching Gargoyles and Eliza told Goliath to 'shut up'.
>>
My cousins weren't allowed to watch The Simpsons
>>
Invader Zim, Grim Adventures, and even a couple of Anime from Toonami.
>Parents forget ban a few days later
Thank god for that
>>
File: 1491073716052.png (434KB, 785x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491073716052.png
434KB, 785x720px
>>92998743
underage get off my BOARD
>>
Only show my parents banned me from watching was Power Rangers because I kept kicking people in the shins.
>>
I wish my parents didn't allow me to watch Courage the Cowardly Dog, it was traumatizing
>>
>>92999644
If he was 8 when the movie came out he is old enough to be here.
>>
Only stuff like Family Guy and South Park, my parents weren't really that restricted since I only watched CN, Nick and Disney.
I didn't really like going to my cousin's house because of how strict my aunt was, they were barely allowed to watch anything that I liked. No Spongebob, no EEnE, no Ben 10, no MLAATR, etc. Only Noggin, PBS Kids, and Phineas & Ferb
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch South Park which is understandable, but I did find it weird at the time because my dad let me watch Family Guy with him but not that.

Also, my mom hated Ren & Stimpy but my dad fucking loved it, so I could only watch it if my dad was around.
>>
My parents fucking hated Ed, Edd, n Eddy for some reason. Never watched a single episode until I was 14. Never understood why, as anything that wasn't overtly adult wasn't banned except for Samurai Jack because it kept giving me nightmares
>>
>>92998661
my parents HATED Ed Edd n' Eddy
>>
My mom was terrified of Courage and I wasn't allowed to watch it when she was around. She's still afraid of the show to this day.
>>
>>93000261
No wonder they hated it.
If samurai Jack made you a pussy than I can't imagine what fear they had over you watching E3
>>
>>92999119
>If he's a samurai then why is he named Jack?
We never did find out his name did we?

That was just a nickname given to him.
>>
>>92998661
I had a tv in my room so it didn't matter what they told me not to watch.

They didn't want me to watch Ed, Edd n Eddy or shit like the Simpsons though.
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead, which in retrospect makes absolutely no sense because I was allowed to watch the Simpsons, South Park, any R rated movies I wanted, etc

I just assumed it was some extremely filthy, evil show, then when I finally got to seeing it in my teens I was like WTF, my mom is insane
>>
>>92998661
At most I was told that my opinions were shit (EEnE). Not worded that way, but the message was the same.

Though with the internet these days, at best I would let mine on with software where they know I know every page of every site they go on. Really hoping people look unsupervised browsing as when cocaine was sold to children as candy in the 19th Century.
>>
>could watch Beavis and Butthead
>couldn't watch Ren and Stimpy
What I could watch was mostly influenced by what my mom also found entertaining and felt like watching
>>
>>92999049
same
>>
anon, pokemon es el diablo
>>
>>92999119
>Oddly, they didn't seem to mind us reading Batman comics
Stubborn people have an idea in their head of what the medium is like, and have a hard time visualizing anything other than that. Like when people only think Marvel/DC when you say comics, or when parents rent Ninja Scroll for their kid because "it's a cartoon, must be for kids."
> it was just so different than what they were used to.
Basically.

Or maybe they were happy that you were just reading something instead of watching TV.
>>
>>92998722
>Ed Edd and Eddy was a conspiracy by the government to turn children retarded.

I agree with this one desu that cartoon sucked
>>
I don't remember ever being forbidden from watching a cartoon. I know my dad often watched Beavis and Butthead and South Park with me.
>>
>>92998722
funny about Dragon Ball cuz it actually has true demons, like Dabura
my parents were strict about the amount of time i spend on TV, but not about the shows, maybe except that one time when they actually forbid me to watch great teacher onizuka when i was like 11
>>
>>92998661
Beavis and Butt-head, obviously. She would let me watch Simpsons all the time, but my neighbor who would babysit always forbid it. She thought Pokemon was stupid, but didn't stop me from watching it.

Oh, and South Park. I recall my parents watching an episode one night after I had gone to bed, to see if it was "appropriate" for me. (I was 11 when it first aired). I remember being able to hear them from my room. My mom thought it was awful, but my dad couldn't stop laughing at it.
>>
My banned list was

Ed edd and eddy
South Park
The Simpson till I was 10
Samurai jack
Digimon
You gu oh
Dragonball
Cyber 6
Pepperann
As told by ginger

Luckily for me they forgot like a day later and never enforced it.
>>
My mom banned Billy and Mandy and EEnE for their grossout jokes.
Not unprecedented, either. My older brothers said she banned Ren and Stimpy too.
>>
>not allowed to watch family guy or the simpsons or futurama
>parents let me watch south park and aqua teen hunger force

For a while in high school I felt like I'd missed out on some kind of cultural zenith, but looking back it's probably for the best
>>
>>93001151
>not growing up with The Simpsons
>"probably for the best"
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>92998661
Simpsons and South Park
>>
My mom wouldn't let me watch billy and Msndy. Thats it.
>>
>>92999324
If they liked it, sure. Morals are taught by the parents. If I'm not a piece of shit then my hypothetical child wouldn't get a bad example out of cartoons
>>
>>92999759
Stop depressing me.
>>
>>93001177
He has until Season 9 starts (1998) of childhood goodness. Well, unless you also mean reruns or such.
>>
>>93001177
I watched futurama later and enjoyed it, but every time I try watching the simpsons I just switch off. I don't get the appeal.
>>
My family always got together to watch Simpsons and some other shows back in the day. It was never an issue and we all loved it.

But when Halloween came around and the treehouse of horror started, things changed. When Marge got up onto that stage and warned parents about the content, our parents took it fucking seriously for some reason and sent my brother and I to bed. I remember being so pissed off that I snuck downstairs and watched it from the stairwell
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch Family Guy, American Dad or The Cleveland Show but I did anyway
>>
Any and all anime was an evil virus of satan, even cartoons that looked like anime.

Mom was the cooler one about it, though, Dad went from thinking the shit was satanic to telling me I shouldn't like it because it's childish.
>>
>>93001238
anon you mean nothing to me and your opinion has been discarded
>>
>Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and D&D
For being Satanic devil-worshiping brainwashing devices that enticed young children to be cult leaders.

>Dragon Ball Z
Slightly self-imposed because my parents' wording made it sound like all anime was Satanic, so I never watched it until I was a senior in high school.

>The Simpsons
For being against the idea of a traditional family and being too adult. Still have never seen a full episode.

And then there'd be random bouts where my mom would freak out and think a thing was anti-God for some wild, speculative reason. This ranged from Casper, Friendship is Magic, to the Powerpuff Girls. Then she'd realized she'd overreacted and apologized.
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch ed, edd, and eddy, the simpsons, or "scary stuff" like goosebumps.

My teacher in third grade wanted to throw a Halloween party and watch a goosebumps movie that was pg so they needed a signed consent form and my parents were the only ones who didn't sign it so i had to sit facing away from the rest of the class with headphones on and color. Such bullshit.

Also i had read all the goose bump books by that point.
>>
>>92999168
At least your father did some research
>>
None because my parents were cool with me watching whatever.
>>
>>93000915
Reminds of that one European anon whose parents bought him an issue of Softpaw because "look, it's a comic with cute animals on the cover, so I bet my kid will like it!".
>>
>>92999644
Not the guy you replied to but do you realize ATHF first aired in 2000 right? I was 7 when it first aired and I'm currently 25.
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead, which was probably fair enough because I was 6 or so at the time.

Then when South Park started, I wasn't allowed to watch that either, even though every kid at school was raving about it. Eventually my mom caved in and we rented a VHS of the show. I remember I laughed so hard I cried, and my mom was pretty much disgusted at the show. I think I remember that she let me rent more tapes in the future though. We didn't have comedy central, so my experience of the show was pretty much limited to occasionally renting a VHS.

South Park was such a cultural phenomenon though that even though I barely saw it, it was somehow a big enough part of my life. I'd watch online parodies, play the shitty N64 videogame, and I used to draw the characters. This might have just been over the period of a month or two though, my memory isn't great and time passes differently as a kid. So it seems like a huge chunk of time, but that might just be what it felt like as a kid.
>>
My parents banned Digimon because it was evil. Until I asked them to prove it, then there wasn't a problem. I don't get that, by the way. Why call something satanic if you don't have any idea at all what it's about or how it was made?

Tai is better than Matt.
>>
>>92998661
No. Thankfully I wasn't a pussy.
>>
>EEnE
I always find this so funny because my mom loved that show (also my favorite as a kid) and I later tried telling her she had to be the only parent on the planet who approved of it but she has no idea what I meant or why parents wouldn't like it. "they just didn't get it." she HATED spongebob though and trashed it all the time for being "dumb and not even in a funny way like EEnE."
I think I had fun parents.
>>
>>93001314
I remember thinking that all anime was horror because of this, it didn't help that it was the 90s, when some anime looked grittier, also despite being banned from most anime i thankfully was able to watch patlabor whenever i wanted, still one of my favourite mecha shows
>>
none

Adult animation was barely anything back then
>>
Batman beyond too violent she said nut she had no problem with me watching DBZ ironically,Futurama,and she didn't like the simpsons
>>
My parents briefly forbid my brother and I from watching EEnE, after that early thong episode. They were still kinda strict about any form of nudity at the time, even if it was just butts. They also didn't like that the tongues were different colors.

It didn't last long, maybe a month or two, then they stopped caring.
>>
File: 1483286551660.jpg (64KB, 720x762px) Image search: [Google]
1483286551660.jpg
64KB, 720x762px
Even though my dad didn't care and my sister and I watched it frequently, my mom wouldn't let us watch KND just because she thought it "looked ugly".
I was able to wacth Pokemon and play the games, but I could only collect a few of the cards because my mom thought thought that kids would gamble them and develop an addiction to gambling or something.
Yu-Gi-Oh was hated by both of my parents (for obvious parent reasons)
And while I was never banned form watching Spongebob, my Grandpa watched the premiere with me and my sister. After it ended, he just said, "Eh. It won't last long anyway."
At this point, my mom really doesn't care what I watch and has mellowed out about it quite a bit, but my dad has done a 180 and is pretty judgmental over anything I watch that isn't on ESPN.
>>
>>92998661

EEnE because my parents though my siblings and I would do all the wacky shit the characters would do because we were jackasses that liked to fuck things up in the cul-de-sac we lived in.

Didn't work however.
>>
File: you're cancer.jpg (112KB, 300x420px) Image search: [Google]
you're cancer.jpg
112KB, 300x420px
>>
>>92998661
My mom wouldn't let me watch the Johnny Quest movie when I was a little kid because she's Christian like that.
>>
File: perfect.png (322KB, 501x443px)
perfect.png
322KB, 501x443px
>tfw my parents didn't give a shit what I watched, as long as I knew that the characters where doing/saying where wrong
>tfw I got to watch Beavis and Butthead do America at 5 with my Dad
>tfw some of my best memories are watching Adult Swim with him
>>
>>92998661
>Mom watches the original Ren and Stimpy with me one day
>She is 22 pounds of what the fuck right now
>Says she doesn't want me watching it anymore.
>Say ok
>When she leaves the room I close the door and continue watching
She would catch me every time and I would just say ok and keep watching until she gave up. Then one day I joined the Sailor Moon fan club and she went absolutely mental.
>>
>>92998661
90s X-men. They were "too violent."
>>
>>92998661
Was banned from watching cartoon network altogether for seven years. Don't remember entirely why, but I do distinctly remember my mom specifically disliking Teen Titans. Claimed it was too violent and was supposed to be for Teenagers because of the name. I also had my Antz VHS confiscated though that actually made some sense.
>>
>>93001314
>For being against the idea of a traditional family.
fucking huh? Is this whole thread "Moms are crazy as fuck"?
>>
>>92998661
Simpsons,
Ed Edd Eddy,
Hey Arnold

My mom didn't like them because she thought they were "angry"
>>
All this over protection and you all ended up as faggots on 4chan.
>>
My uncle doesn't allow his children to watch neither the Simpsons nor Adventure Time. He says he doesn't like the way they talk and doesn't want his children to speak the same way.
>>
>>93003665
>Antz
how does that make sense? isn't that a kids movie
>>
>>92999260
What the fuck is wrong with Americans? Is it just the Cold War paranoia?
>>
File: 1478202906902.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1478202906902.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
>mfw my mother loved watching cartoons with me and would drop whatever she was doing to watch Code Lyoko with me
>mfw I got my father into Samurai Jack, ATLA, and Cowboy Bebop
>>
>>92999695
In my case it was my grandparents who allowed me to watch it and even stuck around to see how it went.
>>
Couldn't watch Ed Edd and Eddy, idk why just one day my mom said enough and I couldn't watch it. She didn't like Courage either but I could watch it
>>
>>93004084
/thread
>>
>>93004178
Plenty of TV-14 tier language. Various quotes include,
"What are you bitching about"
"Don't tell that tight-ass anything"
"I have a thing about drinking from the anus of another creature"
"I was originally going to include you in some of my most erotic fantasies, but you can now forget it!
>>
>>92998661
Not really. My dad didn't want me to watch adult swim when I was at home, so I watched it at other people's houses.

It was the only way I could keep up with Yu Yu Hakusho before it went to Toonami.

>93000931
You don't even deserve the reply.
>>
>>92998661
My mother grew up with hannah barbera cartoons so she never really forbid me much. She always told me the edds were stupid and courage the cowardly dog was ugly, but we enjoyed characters like grim, mandy and squidward, and cartoons like tom and jerry.

My old man on the other hand, he grew up watching wrestling, and to him every single cartoon was stupid stuff. He's a good man though, never forbid me from watching anything even if he thought it was garbage, except family guy, because he sat with me to watch an episode and told me it was the most mean-spirited thing he had ever watched, and he didn't want me to learn bad words from it.

I can't say I disagree with him, looking back.
>>
>>93004397
Don't forget that part with the main character talking to the mutilated head of the friend he made in the army after the battle with the termites. That's pretty much all I remember from the movie since I last saw it several years ago.
>>
I wasn't allowed to watch the Fushigi Yugi subbed vhs tapes my mom got for my sister. That was about it.
>>
My folks didn't ban anything, but they thought The Simpsons and MST3K was retarded
>>
File: IMG_1951.png (44KB, 131x134px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1951.png
44KB, 131x134px
My parents banned all action shows (Batman; Avatar, Ben 10, Teen Titans) and all anime (even Pokemon or Hamtaro) because they thought they were all too violent and would influence me into killing people when I grew up. Pokemon was also banned for the same reasons, I only got to watch the first movie because I got pissed off that they kept banning it and I showed them that it was Rated G.

It actually led me to a huge stigma against that stuff for a few years, until eventually when I turned like, 11, they said I was old enough to decide what to watch, as long as it wasn't gory or nasty.

Weirdly enough, they loved Samurai Jack so much that they would let me watch it whenever I wanted. Yet, the 2003 Star Wars Clone Wars wasn't allowed.
>>
>>92998661
>Ed Edd n' Eddy
My dad threatened me with groundings if I was caught watching that show. He thought it would affect my grades.
>>
My mother banned me from watching Courage the Cowardly Dog. Do I even need to explain why?
>>
My parents banned me from watching The Simpsons for roughly 5-6 years starting with the Flaming Moe episode. They did *not* forbid me from watching practically anything else (and then i discovered nudity in cartoons via Ranma 1/2, so whoops~) with the caveat that they refused to allow me to buy any South park related merchandise during my teens (watching the show was okay.)

Honestly, they were pretty chill otherwise, considering Brave Star's anti drug episode put me in tears (the kid OD's in it) and they didn't ban that from me.

It was more fucking annoying when my asshole college roomate tried to ban me from watching South Park though. Shithead refused to brook it yet he verbally abused his girlfriend.
>>
>>92998661
Only adult cartoons and "gross" stuff like Ren and Stimpy and Mega Babies.
Yet mom was perfectly fine with me watching violent and sexual anime tapes.
>>
>>92998661
Parents didnt let me watch any shows with a female main character
>>
>>92999049

Good, the card game is filled with shitty people.
>>
My parents forbade me from watching South Park because they didn't want my little sisters seeing it. They didn't like Ed, Edd, n Eddy because it was "mean spirited," but let me watch it anyway.
I also recall having to show my dad Homestar Runner toons to prove that the content was kid-friendly.
>>
File: received_1250404154995556.png (74KB, 291x343px) Image search: [Google]
received_1250404154995556.png
74KB, 291x343px
>>92998661
>tfw parents forbid me to watch pokemon when I was small and so I didn't grow up with it
>tfw I feel left out every time a new pokemon game comes out and I couldn't be excited with my friends
>>
File: tohv-15 (1).jpg (138KB, 1593x407px) Image search: [Google]
tohv-15 (1).jpg
138KB, 1593x407px
When I was coming up, my mom was fairly easy going with what I could and couldn't watch, but the one thing she wouldn't budge on was The Simpsons' yearly Treehouse of Horror specials. It was the one hard-and-fast TV rule she had, every Halloween- my older brothers would get to stay up and watch the special, and I'd get sent to bed early.

Once, I snuck out of my room to watch anyway, mostly because I was curious about what I was missing. It was Treehouse of Horror V, the one with the Nightmare Cafeteria segment. I had nightmares for a week.

So really, I guess she was right.
>>
>>92998661
Blogshit that slightly related to Comics and Cartoons is still blogshit, crawl back to your decrepit quarantine zone and proceed to kill yourself, /r9k/ancer
>>
Catdog, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, Rocko's Modern life, Hey Arnold, Doug-- I guess just because it was around most of those other nicktoons --Dragonball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho (because after watching it I started using finger guns around the house and my mother carefully asked me where I learned the cool new trick) and Cow and Chicken weren't allowed.

Basically anything with gross out humor got banned, but I occasionally got away with watching some Toonami action shows by telling her I was waiting for Hamtaro to come on.
>>
>>92998661

Fortunately my parents didnt liked me watching Anime so I never developed a taste for them except pokemon and stuff, but when they became newborn Christians even pokemon was a forbidden subject, I could still watch most cartoons, they just made lots of comments about Billy and mandy when it was on, but japanese stuff was hated, maybe this is why I have never fitted in Image Boards except for containment boards like this.

I did watched all dragon ball and dragonball z, i liked the action but I never got "enamored" with japanese culture 8 specially because Dragon Ball was full of chinesse shit instead) I manage to keep playing pokemon and fapping to the girls 8 I started to fap at 15 i was a loser by this point so whatevs Jesus you lost) and then I realized how much I liked cartoon girls for OTHER reasons, nowadays though I am more in to Shemales and traps.
>>
>>92998661

As a kid I was watching digimon and my mom saw the devil looking digimon come on and said I could not watch it anymore because it was satanic.
>>
File: RogerEbertConstellation.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
RogerEbertConstellation.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>92998661
>Be me at 13
>Brother decides I can't be watching South Park
>Sends me to the bedroom so he can watch it.
>The episode I missed out on was Plane-arium. Literally one of the tamer episodes of the whole goddamn show.
>>
>>93005226

Fuck, now that I remember I got punished by not watchign the Simpsons if I didnt went to those christfag lectures and activities for kids, basically some time of sunday school, and If I underperformed in a test or something.
>>
I think they only liked older stuff like Hannah Barbera stuff, looney toons and tom and jerry. Everything else was stupid but they never banned me from watching anything.

Frankly, I find it weird so many parents here had a grudge against Eds. Some details were mean spirited, but I wasn't dumb as a brick, I sympathized with characters at times.
>>
>DBZ is brand new episodes on toonami
>parents drop me off at overly christian neighbors for the evening. hey at least they have cable
>"Five o'clock we gotta go watch DBZ!"
>kid tells me his parents won't let him watch it
>ask his mom if we can watch it, assure her i've seen every episode and it's not going to send us to hell
>his mom is adamant about not letting me watch it
>"why can't i just watch it and your kid can do something else?"
>she gets furious how reasonable i am being
>sends me to another room and says NO TV at all
>>
>>92998661
My step dad didn't want me to watch ed edd and eddy because he got offended by a joke he would later go on to rape a 12 year old fuck that guy
>>
File: 1374454172822.jpg (169KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1374454172822.jpg
169KB, 1920x1040px
After the first time I was taken to therapy my mom decided my antisocial tendencies were because violent and wacky cartoons so I was banned from watching cartoons altogether.
I don't remember when was I allowed to watch them again but my mom's shit didn't last long
>>
>>92998661
>Dragonball Z
Parents watched an episode, it was the episode where Freiza rips Nail's arm off. Wouldn't let me watch it after that.
>>
>>93004193
it's because of christian religion, here in spic world is the same thing, stupid people believe too much in the bibble and end up seeing satan in everything that is unknown
>>
File: watership down dog bloodbath.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
watership down dog bloodbath.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>92998661
I've got a little bit of the opposite going on. My older brother loved the hell out of Pink Floyd's The Wall when we were kids, but I honestly found it disturbing for my kid self. I tried to tell my mom that I thought I really shouldn't be watching it, and said to her "it made me want to throw up" and when she asked for specifics, I didn't really at the time have the eloquence to say "there is a character that literally has an anus for a mouth, and children are ground into meat," so I instead told her "uh. because. there were naked people and, um, boobs?" and made an allusion to the scene where a prostitute jiggles her breasts a little. I guess I figured that was the kind of thing that parents would disapprove of and also could find words to express. My mom responded with "THAT bothered you??" like I was a fucking little idiot. I think it was the 1970s side of her upbringing that gave her almost no qualms about nudity in this situation. As an adult, I think The Wall is great and all, I just really didn't like it as a sensitive kid that didn't like scary talking butt judges.

My mom let my bro and I get away with watching a lot of stuff I think other parents wouldn't. As much as it probably bothered her, she let us rent Watership Down over and over because we thought that movie was the shit. Still do.

Strangely she strongly disapproved of South Park though, so I guess she drew a line somewhere. My brother had the South Park Movie soundtrack and at one point (unwisely) played the Uncle Fucker song for her to hear, and she flipped the fuck out and asked us if we even knew what the lyrics meant. Thinking back on it now, I did not.
>>
I never knew why, but my parents were against me watching Rugrats.

Simpsons too, but that made sense.
>>
>>92998661
ren & stimpy

yet for some reason my mom was fine with me watching kids in the hall, the show where grown men dressed up as hookers and made blowjob jokes.
>>
>>93005710
I live in Catholic Spain, fresh out of a fascist dictatorship less then a century ago, which lasted over 40 years, and I've never heard of any kid being forbidden from watching any cartoons because they were satanic or anything like that.
>>
>>92999759
oh shit you're right
>>
100% of the posts are Ed Edd n Eddy
>>
File: 1489888341098.jpg (507KB, 1100x784px) Image search: [Google]
1489888341098.jpg
507KB, 1100x784px
My mom was surprisingly chill with most cartoons, she even loved Billy and Mandy and Courage. She only really banned the things that could've seriously rotted my brain, like reality TV. I think South Park was banned for me, too, but my brother was huge into it, so I still saw some anyway. Same with the reality TV, but with my older sister instead.
>>
>>93005608
Was the same story with GoT only then I was old enough to just watch it elsewhere.
>Be me age 20
>Let parents watch GoT with me for the first time.
>It was the episode where Ramsay rapes Sansa.
>Panic and have to backpedal as both mom and dad fix me with a "the fuck kind of show do you watch?" look.
>Miss the rest of the episode.
>>
not allowed to watch DBZ because "there's blood"

but allowed to watch powerpuff girls which has way more blood
>>
Butt Ugly Martians.
Literally the only one. I have no odea why just that one. Guess I didn't miss out though.
My mom was much more strict with vidya.
>>
>>92998661
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THE KIDS ARM ON THE LEFT
>>
>>92998661
My parents didn't care about any of that. My mom likes scary movies so I ended up seeing the Alien movies at the age of like 5.

One of the movies I remember seeing was one about some kids who dug a hole to hell and it ended with the devil or some big ugly looking thing coming out of it and touching the kid's hand and an eyeball grew out of his palm and then he stabbed it with a shard of broken glass or some shit. That's the one that stuck with me.

Shit like the hunted mirror host thing Disney used to do every Halloween on their channel back in the mid 90s was more scary to me than any of those movies, but I was never not allowed to watch something unless I was in trouble for something.
>>
>>92998661
My parents were weird.
Family Guy was OK until it got raunchier.
South Park was off the table.
Beavis and Butthead and (not /co/, but) Jackass were OK
American Dad was OK (But not Family Guy?)
I hid Adult Swim's originals from them.

But anything else on CN/Nick/Disney was fine. My dad actually loved Ed Edd n Eddy and Dexter.
>>
File: IMG_0616.jpg (829KB, 1107x1631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0616.jpg
829KB, 1107x1631px
i started dragon ball with this movie in vhs, kid goku was cute so my parents allowed me to keep watching

By the time they noticed the z violence it was already to late, i was around super vegito vs buu i already had a poster sticker album and games

However, my dad watched a billy and mandy commercial where billy lost the skin in his face, i wasn't allowed to watch it for a while
>>
>>92998661

My Dad was hardly the worst father here, but he was all right letting me watch cartoons of any ilk so long as before I did so, I:

1. Did my chores
2. Did my homework.
3. That's about it
4. Didn't stay up past 10.

He even let me watch Spawn The Animated Series.

He was very vocal about me being on the family computer so much back then, as was my mom.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 320x240px)
giphy.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>93006749
sounds like they wanted to shield you from having shit taste. those are good picks. you should thank them.
>>
>>93006576
he drinks his milk.
>>
>>92999801
Did your aunt finally relent that your cousins were outgrowing the former two?
>>
File: 1491181530745.jpg (16KB, 247x253px) Image search: [Google]
1491181530745.jpg
16KB, 247x253px
>>92998661
My dad caught me watching Totally Spy (was somehow into it as a kid, don't know why). He told me, "Why the hell are you watching a girl's show? You know better anon."
In short, my dad saved me from developing a fucked up fetish.
>>
>>93003086
>"Eh, it won't last long anyway"

If only he knew...
>>
>>93007900
they didn't say he died.
>>
>>93007702
Lucky you. My dad encouraged my degeneracy. Not in the sense of "I'll love you know matter what" as much as that and "HAHA! You're as filthy as your old man!"
>>
>>92998661
I wasn't allowed to watch Ed Edd 'n Eddy. My parents thought it was gross for some reason. Didn't stop me from watching it though.

Courage on the other hand? Totally acceptable.
>>
File: reason 1.jpg (54KB, 332x363px) Image search: [Google]
reason 1.jpg
54KB, 332x363px
>>93007702
>Don't know why
Don't lie. There was at least one reason to watch it.
>>
File: 2636565655.png (520KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
2636565655.png
520KB, 600x428px
I got to watch pretty much whatever I wanted, although my mom didn't watch a lot of TV.

She bought a Robot Chicken DVD for me when I was in 3rd grade because she didn't know what it was but heard that I liked it. I got yelled at when she walked in on a humping robot skit, but let me keep the DVD anyways.
>>
The only shows I wasn't aloud to watch was later night adult-swim shows (TV-MA and such) and south park. Other than that I was aloud to watch pretty much anything.
>>
I don't remember if my parents or my brother or whoever wouldn't let me watch the shows on fox or adult swim growing up. Hell I avoided them altogether until fairly recently. I'm still kicking myself for not watching futurama sooner, shit's really good.
>>
I remember my dad buying me the first season on South Park when I was 10. I snuck it over to my mate's place and we were watching it when his mom came in, literally did a "what WHat WHAT!" and got mad at me for bringing it XD
>>
>>93001108
>Pepperann
>As Told By Ginger
I get the others were probably "too violent" but why these? coz too girly?
>>
Family Guy.
Turns out they were protecting me.
>>
File: 1484285859696.jpg (14KB, 447x384px) Image search: [Google]
1484285859696.jpg
14KB, 447x384px
>>93007945
He didn't. The big lovable fucker lives on to this day.
>>
>>93003452
Honestly sounds like good parenting (maybe 5 is a little young), but sitting down with your kids and watching fucked up shit and just giving some context instead of screaming "Don't watch!!"
>>
My mom tried to ban the Simpsons in our house after the Homer vs. George Bush episode.
>>
>tfw didn't have retarded parents that thought children's cartoon characters were evil demons working with the government
feels amazing
>>
>>92998661
My parent never barred me from cartoons of any stripe because they wanted to see where my bar was at after I saw Alien when I was five and thought it was cool as shit. The only thing that stuck with shortpants me as scary was the zombie gunner sequence in Heavy Metal.
>>
>>93008963
You thought they were prude
Actually just /co/parents
>>
File: 3452342345.png (451KB, 540x552px) Image search: [Google]
3452342345.png
451KB, 540x552px
>>92998661
Who else's mom in the 90's went through a phase where they were ridiculously strict about what they let you watch all of a sudden because of something someone on a morning talk show said?

All I know is that all of a sudden we weren't allowed to watch Dragonball Z, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, or any other shows with "fighting".

Our dad let us watch the Simpsons on the one night a week she wasn't home, because he liked it and didn't see the harm in it, but she didn't think it was appropriate. So all those other "violent" shows with "fighting" had to actually air at a time she wasn't home for us to watch it. She didn't know we watched Ren and Stimpy at our grandma's. Hell if she paid attention to Rocko's Modern Life she would have banned it too.

There were a few cartoon movies too. Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I never saw until I was in college. Between the ages of 6 and 11 I was obsessed with Halloween, but wasn't allowed to see Nightmare Before Christmas because my mom didn't like Jesus's birthday being mixed with skeletons and the creepy undead things. I didn't get around to finally seeing it until high school.

She got over it eventually. My youngest brother got away with watching anything he wanted, including family guy.

I think she learned her lesson about listening to media people about what was appropriate for kids when everyone was telling her Harry Potter was the devil and she read the book herself to check and became hooked.
>>
>>92998661
Beavis and Butthead when it first started airing in 93' basically all of MTV before long I was able to watch liquid television (The Head, The Maxx) and it didn't matter at that point
>>
File: 1496277555950.png (602KB, 801x808px) Image search: [Google]
1496277555950.png
602KB, 801x808px
>>92998661

My dad wouldn't let me watch Batman: The Animated Series because Batman is anti-gun
>>
>>93009358
That has to be the dumbest reason I've ever heard.
>>
>>93009428

He also wouldn't let us watch the Disney channel in order to boycott their acceptance of gay rights back in the late 90s. He's a fucking asshole.
>>
>>93009358
top kek
>>
File: 1359154200191.jpg (85KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1359154200191.jpg
85KB, 720x479px
>>92998661

My parents never gave a shit, i had a tv in my room by the time i was seven years old. I was always watching cartoon, playing with my toys or having fun playing vidya instead.

That is as long as i did my homework and got myself a good night of sleep, they were pinchy about that unless it was summer time. I could stay up until the sun went down so i could watch some shit like Quads!, south park, ren and stimpy or whatever i felt like as long as i made sure they didn't know it was those shows because i knew they'd just take away the tv
>>
>>92998661
just about every adult cartoon. Family guy, American dad, south park etc except for Simpsons.
>>
I had the kind of parents who whenever spotted me watching something inappropiate they'd say:
>Anon, I don't like what you're watching
>Anon, I don't think that's appropriate for you
And then they'd just let me keep doing it. I think that's one of the reasons I'm closer now to becoming a NEET than I've ever been.
>>
>>92998661
I remember visiting my friend and his dad saying Chuckie was on, but my mother wouldn't let me watch it. I had initially thought he meant Rugrats.
>>
My father loved Ren & Stimpy and still quotes it at me to this day. I can't think of anything my parents banned, if anything they went the other way- I remember one time when my father pulled out his Heavy Metal magazines and showed me a few of the choice comics from it.
>>
>>93009572
Christ. Our mom was a super conservative christian just didn't want us to become influenced by violent media or dirty jokes and had a strict idea of what constitutes a curseword (darn and dang were just as bad a damn).

But we never got shit like that. That's the difference between being conservative and pushing your political agenda on your kids.
>>
>>93001314
>>Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh

To be honest, I would try to steer my kid away from these as well. Not because they're Satanic, but because they're merchandise jewery. Skylanders is even worse.
>>
>>93004941
>Treehouse of Horror V

That was pretty much the only treehouse of horror with legitimately fucked up shit in it so you picked a good one to sneak in on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4chSOb3bY6Y
>>
>>93009759

Couldn't watch Adam's Family because it had black magic in it, couldn't watch Power Rangers because they thought I'd start punching kids on the playground, couldn't watch Casper cause they thought ghosts would scare me. The list goes on.

They also told me looking at porn would A) get the FBI to come arrest me and B) would turn me into a pedophile. They also "joked" they had cameras set up in secret places around the house to watch us. My childhood was kind of shit.
>>
>>93001428
Good lord. I'd love to hear that story.
>>
My mum didn't like Sailor Moon because she thought it was sexist, but she still let me watch it.
That's about it.
>>
>>92998661
>>93009759
Same for me. No limits for cartoons/comics/mangos.

Movies, on the other hand...
>>
>>93009835
We weren't allowed a lot of that just because it would make jesus sad, but they never tried any bullshit lies about cameras or the FBI, just bullshit they actually believed.

I mean a lot of parents were worried about the effect of violent cartoons on kids and all kinds of talk shows and magazines for moms warned about power rangers and dragonball z.

But even my super christian parents who worked at the church knew that the magic and shit in adams family wasn't even accurate with actual occult shit and believed us viewing that kind of thing as fiction was healthy. When all other parents were worried about pokemon because it had psychics and shit, my parents decided it was just silly fantasy and knew we would know that. Same with Harry Potter.

I mean my mom was squeamish about some Tim Burton style stuff, but that was mostly her own pet peeves. She didn't believe the devil actually had anything to do with it.
>>
>>93008558
You sound familiar. I swear some kid three years younger than me told me this story when I was in sixth grade.
>>
File: 1496501811778.jpg (50KB, 438x416px) Image search: [Google]
1496501811778.jpg
50KB, 438x416px
>>93010085

I could go on a long ass rant about all the stuff my parents did to fuck my siblings and I up, but I came here to laugh not contemplate the eternal pain of my abusive childhood.
>>
I hope all these parents know that what they're doing is causing their kids to get bullied.

I remember in primary school we gave a girl endless shit because she wasn't allowed to watch Sesame Street because it had monsters in it.

And it's not just religious parents either. For a school christmas play our class had spent ages practicing a song about Jesus. Then one of the kids mum's who was super atheist complained and we had to do another song. We only had like a week of practice with the new song before we had to perform it.
We gave that kid endless shit over that as well.
>>
>>92998661
My parents never really cared what I watched as long as it wasn't blatantly horrible, so no aqua teen or squidbillies for me until I was in high school.
That may not have been a good thing because Tenchi Muya came on Toonami when I was in grade school, almost middle school, and I was very confused
>>
They let me watch everything. Even Ranma 1/2.
>>
>>93010235
There was one mom at our church when I was a kid who didn't let her kids watch Pinkie and The Brain because "they're trying to rule the world and only god rules the world."

I told the story of hearing that to our pastor years later and he said "yeah that woman was nuts."
>>
With the exception of really weird spikes of sudden strictness and only being allowed to watch like two channels, my parents were pretty relaxed, but I remember my mom talking about her parents never letting her watch the Jetsons for some reason.
>>
>>93004821

Yea but the video game versions aren't. Those are pretty damn fun
>>
>>93010283

I blame not being able to watch Ranma 1/2 for my genderbender fetish.
>>
>>93010283
Oh, an me and my sister rented anime movies when were 13 and my dad even watched Akira with us.
>>
File: 17274656473.jpg (60KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
17274656473.jpg
60KB, 680x680px
>>93010145
I've never told this story to anyone outside of my family, so you must be thinking of someone else.
>>
>>93010331
Sounds like she was conflicted over having strict parents too. A lot of parents seemed to fall for the latest trends in "things that will negatively influence your kids" dished out by the media every day. They'll let you watch a show up until a morning talk show says it's bad, then they'll get over it a year later.

My grandpa told me about a mentality in the small town he grew up in where all movies were filled with finful temptation, and so teens would sneak out of town and drove a couple hours to go see movies and drink, because drinking was also evil. But if jesus came back while you were in a movie theater he'd just leave you there.

So that gives a bit of perspective. I don't think parents give a shit at all these days. They can't stop their kids on youtube so they just do actual parenting instead of only banning things.
>>
>>93010353
I got that fetish and didn't even know about that show until I was 20. I have no idea where it came from. I can pin other fetishes on specific media and tropes from cartoons I've seen, but not that one.
>>
File: 1496355874112.png (47KB, 336x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496355874112.png
47KB, 336x270px
>>93010551

I also blame those old flash games where you combine two random potions and then some kind of magic spell happens, one of them was always a genderbender spell and that got little me's motor revving for some reason.
>>
>>93000931
> ed, edd and eddy sucks

Are you reading what u write before u post?
>>
>>93010753

Not OP, but that show was ugly and awful
>>
File: brb.png (41KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
brb.png
41KB, 500x300px
Now that i think about it what are the cartoons that kids aren't allowed to watch nowdays?

do they even watch cartoons? my little brother and sister have been watching let's plays and streams for years, my little brother used to watch regular show online, but he dropped it and only picked it up on the last season
>>
>>93010804
Get the fuck out dork
>>
File: batman eat shit.jpg (247KB, 700x724px) Image search: [Google]
batman eat shit.jpg
247KB, 700x724px
my parents were pretty progressive so I never really had any restrictions except for things like South Park

but my mom HATED CatDog with a passion

"how do they poop? this show is disgusting"
thinkin too hard mom ily
>>
>>92998661
I wasn't allowed to watch Power Rangers because it was 'too violent'.

That's basically a cartoon, isn't it?
>>
My mom was fine with me watching South Park when I was twelve, but she did not want me watching Drawn Together. One night I was watching it with my older brother and his friends when she walked in and flipped out, but my brother talked her down and convinced her to let me continue watching it. Mom was always kind of a pushover.
>>
My mom hated Cow and Chicken because Chicken treated Cow like shit and sht thought it would influence the way I treated my little sister. It was obviously the other way around, but being the oldest is always suffering.
>>
>>92998661
Pfft. My mother was watching Urutsukidoji with me.

My best friends' mother though was a fucking freak. No Batman because he's too dark and scary. No Gargoyles because they're demons. No X-Men because they're violent. No anything with girls in skin-tight clothing/armor because SEX IS EVIL. And if she even THOUGHT he was watching Beavis & Butthead he'd get his ass whooped.

Note when these shows were popular? Back in the early 90's? He graduated at age 18 in 1993. First thing he did was join the Marines. First thing she did was tear through his bedroom looking for porn and stumbled across his Magic cards and comics, hidden behind a false wall within his closet that I helped build for him. Second thing she did was take all $30,000 worth of stuff and give it away to a comic shop down the street. He had a LOT of rare and signed shit.

HAD.

Because his mother was a pyscho turbo-cunt.
>>
I remember not being allowed to watch Beavis and Butthead but not because of the show itself but because it was on MTV, a channel we didn't normally get, and my parents said if we tried to change it to that channel we'd get charged more in the TV bill.
>>
>>93011437
That's...not how Cable companies work, mate...
>>
>>93003086
Well of course he is, if you're not watching ESPN 24/7 then you must be gay.
>>
>cousin was out of the closet
>not allowed to watch anything my cousin liked because "He might end up gay like them"

Luckily it was all stuff I was never interested in so I don't even remember what they banned.
>>
>>93011465
I was 3 years old at the time and had no idea what a cable company even was. I just heard "It'll cost money we don't have if you try to watch this and I'll whoop your ass if you try it" so i never tried watching it.
>>
Back then, I wasn't allowed to watch Ren and Stumpy, The Simpsons, and South Park because of adult humor, that and my parents are close-minded Christians back then, usually they don't let me to watch the Simpsons because of Ned Flanders character and how they make fun of him or something I dunno. I barely remembered watching the Simpsons when I was young. Now, my parents are open-minded with adult animated shows because they've watched comedy sitcoms that has adult humor.
>>
>>92999324
No, because its defilement of the original
>>
>tfw parents were permissive
>>
>>92998661
Ed, Edd, and Eddy because they thought it was stupid. I almost wasn't able to watch Billy and Mandy because it dealt with death but I was somehow able to convince them they weren't talking about death
>>
None because my parents aren't puritans
>>
My dad just made a sport of judging me for literally everything. I just basically gave up on the idea of sharing my thoughts or opinions with him when I was about 12.
>>
My mom thought Ed Edd and Eddy was dumb and didn't let me watch it.
>>
>>92998661
My parents banned me from watching the Simpsons because my mom watched an episode where Lisa trashed her room and she thought it would be a bad influence. The first episode I saw was that one where Bart is a healer and that football players leg flies off (made me sick when I saw it because I was young)

She also tried to watch an episode of South Park but turned it on during the wrap up speech of "Butter's own episode" right when the Dad said "and I've learned to stop having random sex with gay men"
>>
Everything, because cable tv makes you dumb and they can't have a moron for a son, it's bad for their reputation
>inb4 anon you're already stupid/retarded
>>
>>92999324
If I were a parent, my main problem with TTG would be that it teaches kids shitty messages that they're too young and inexperienced in life to understand that's it's supposed to be ironic/a joke, so I don't really know if I would if they were like under the age of 6 or so. But then again I'm not a complete retard who thinks kids learn everything from one single TV show in conflict with literally every other show on the air and in conflict with every message they learn in real life or think kids don't understand comedy so I'd probably let them watch it anyways.
>>
>not allowed to watch billy and Mandy or some Comedy Central shows
>allowed to rent rated R movies at 10 or so
>not allowed to go to one in the theater until 18

My parents were kind of weird
>>
>>92998722
>>93001314
>>93005226

Christian American parents in the 90s seem like such fucking shit-spewing retards holy fucking shit, I legitimately thought all those people I'd see on TV protesting Marilyn Manson, WWF and South Park and shit of the like back in the day were just a small albeit vocal minority.

Anyways to answer your question, when South Park first started airing I was about 4 or so and my cousins used to watch it with me. I remember my mum coming into the lounge saying "don't show that to anon! Turn something else on!" and standing there angrily for all of 10 seconds before she went outside to go smoke and then forgot all about it. Having white trash parents was pretty great like that.
>>
>>93000354
>My mom was terrified of Courage
Oh the irony
>>
My parents would chime in on stuff me and my brother watched, but only censored us from watching R rated movies.
>>
>>92998722
pokemon was the devil because it "taught evolution"
>>
>>93004589
>hamtaro is violent

Kek
>>
Ren and Stimpy until I was 10

South Park or anything by Seth MacFarlane until I was 13
>>
File: IMG_6008.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6008.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>93005951
That's because us Catholics are usually much more sensible when it comes to media and such things.

After all, the freak outs about satanic cartoons are more or less the machinations of the American evangelical fundamentalist protestant.
>>
>>93006283
Are you me? My mom loves those two shows too and remembers them fondly.
>>
>>92998661
All of Cartoon Network
>>
>All these anons who were allowed to enjoy their childhood.

I-I'm happy for you.
>>
>>93010235
Can confirm, I was bullied because of it. Worse part is is that I went to one of those Pre-K through 12th great school. So by the time I hit fifth grade, everyone kinda forgot why they bullied me, but they continued to anyway because at that point I was already the target. The stuff started to get less physical and more mental when I hit highschool, but it still sucked for me. (I've already told enough stories on /those/ years on here as is) Then whenever I got home I'd get called a worthless shit by my parents for not being as smart as my sisters. Couldn't even use fiction as a form of escapism because they had that shit on lock.

Those fuckers kept laughing, but they didn't know that this close from making the Colombine Masacre look like game of tag.
>>
My parents were/are pretty chill and let me watch any and everything...even things I probably shouldn't have...
The lone exception was Rocko's Modern Life. My mom refused to let me watch it for some reason.
First time I actually watched it was when a substitute teacher played the episodes in art class one day...years after the show was over.
Still don't understand what my mom's issue was.
>>
>>93014958
What's your story?
>>
>>92998955
watch some season 3-9 episodes and you'll understand
>>
>>93015347
fp and post below the spongebob post.
>>
>>92999324
don't see why I wouldn't, i watch it occasionally
>>
>>93010912
sounds like my mom except the catdog thing was mutual, I remember watching it once and turning to her and going like
"how do they poop?"
and she was just
"I don't know but it's disgusting"

I mean I still watched it but I have never gotten over that shit
>>
File: tfw no futurama.jpg (22KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no futurama.jpg
22KB, 410x410px
>>92998661
>its the 90's
>stepdad loves the Simpsons, we watch it together every night
>to young to understand so it didn't matter, show bored me
>Futurama is about to air
>to kid me, it looked like a less boring version of the Simpsons
>excited as hell, do my homework at school and put it in my cubby
>go home, tell Stepdad I was so excited for it that I did my homework at school
>stepdad call's me a dirty fucking liar, tells me that the worst pit in hell is deserved for horrible liars like me.
>get beat and thrown into my room since I wouldn't admit to "lying"
>get locked in my room for several hours
>Mom comes home from college, I'm dehydraded as fuck from all the sobbing, she gives me food and water, lets me use the restroom then locks me back in my room since my stepdad is "always right"
>they proceed to watch it without me and threaten to beat me more if I don't stop crying in the background
>due to this singular incident, I wasn't allowed to watch it all until I turned 16

Its an amazing show, but, hope that fits for "heartbreaking story" OP.
>>
I watched south park once and belted out GOD DAMNIT right in front of my parents and they flipped their shit

they used to be really religious but i don't think they praise jesus anymore
>>
>>93014623
fuck protestants fuck protestants fuck protestants
>>
>>93014623
>>93015568
If you want to get an idea about protestant religious culture in america, you should listen to at least a part of this sermon. It's very famous and was a big part of the protestant "revival" in the english colonies at the time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtHijgqceXo
>>
>>92998661
Wasn't allowed to watch the Flintstones because it was "silly". I wasn't supposed to watch violent shows like Transformers and GI Joe, but I did anyway.
>>
Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. I believe the exact quote my mom overheard was "c'mon stab me in the forehead!" And that was the end of that.
>>
>>93010847
My dad banned my brother (9 years old) from watching Amazing World of Gumball... for some reason, though, he let him watch Teen Titans Go even though it's not exactly that much more educational
>>
I live in one of the most Christian states in American and grew up in a town that was 99% christian, yet I was never banned from watching anything. What the fuck is with you guys?

Kinda thinking /co/ is making shit up just for attention.
>>
>>93009809
No wonder some Simpsons episodes get a TV-MA rating.
>>
>>93016710
So do I. I come from a MUSLIM family and outside of "do your chores and homework before anything else" and "bed at 10", I don't think that I was banned from anything.

Fuck, man, I was allowed to watch Spawn TAS.

Except anime. My Mom and Dad caught me watching an episode of Ghost in the Shell and kept me from watching anime that wasn't Dragon Ball or Gundam Wing until I was 13.
>>
File: Amanda.png (1MB, 941x1476px) Image search: [Google]
Amanda.png
1MB, 941x1476px
>>92998661
My mom was was totally random.

One minute she's forbidding me from watching Ren & Stimpy or Bevis and Butthead, but Cool World, HeavY MetaL, Akira, Ninja Scroll, and Wicked City were all on the table.

Extreme sex and violence were ok, but a little gross-out humor was nope-nope-nope.

On the live action front, I was forbidden from seeing the likes of Firday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street, but she was fine with Aliens, Predator, The Terminator, Robocop, Basic Instinct, or the complete works of David Lynch and Alfred Hitchcock.

And you better believe those distorted boundaries were everywhere.
>>
The only show my mom didn't want me to watch was South Park, but at the same time she absolutely loved Family Guy and our whole family would watch that shit together.
>>
>>93017013
Family Guy only became more violent and disgusting later on. Back then most episodes were rated PG while almost all South Park episodes are TV-MA.
>>
>>92998722
>Spongebob was a conspiracy by the government to turn children gay
That one is true, though.
>>
>>93016710

small towns are different from suburbia. Suburbs are full of soccer moms trying to control their children through religion; small towns are more laid-back.
>>
>>93017020
The early seasons of Family Guy weren't as bad as the new ones, but I still think it's pretty comparable to South Park.
>>
>>92998722

And now we have people on this website saying the same thing about cartoons today

really makes you think
>>
>>92999324
not if my kid was like, below the age of 8. TTG would probably give him a seizure or some shit
>>
>>92998661

I can't think of anything that my parents forbid me from watching. My parents were pretty much of the opinion that "It's not like it can hurt them" when it came to the stuff my sisters and I saw.

Heck, I remember watching a bunch of stuff like Up the Creek and Caddyshack as a kid so even nudity wasn't a big deal, let alone grossout humor. I even remember seeing The Terminator when I was like six or seven years old though that was at a friend's house so it wasn't even just my parents; I still remember watching Arnie pop his eye out in that sink.
>>
>>93017058
old Family Guy is as mild as a pussycat. new Family Guy is evil but shallow. it doesn't cover the vast range of taboo subjects that SP does. I'd rather my kid watch SP and develop a sense of humor and satire.
>>
File: 1494165447258.png (203KB, 500x385px) Image search: [Google]
1494165447258.png
203KB, 500x385px
I'm reminded of in primary school, there was a new kid who said he wasn't allowed to watch Simpsons. Growing up in early 00's Australia, I was fucking baffled. Simpsons is like a cultural icon in australian suburbia because Channel 10 would air a random pre-s10 episode every night at 6
I remember autistically asking him about it all week because of how alien the concept of no simpsons was to me
>>
>>93014263
>I legitimately thought all those people I'd see on TV protesting Marilyn Manson, WWF and South Park and shit of the like back in the day were just a small albeit vocal minority.

They were but the more outrageous shit you can put on your news show the higher ratings you get. So they focus on that vocal minority because of how crazy they seem.
>>
Parents tried to keep me from The Simpsons but it was such an integral part of my life, they couldn't. I remember telling my mom when I was 5 about that I liked the show because it seemed really realistic for a cartoon.
>What an awful thing to say, they drink all the time and are mean and horrible to each other, real families aren't like that!
I hate my mom.
>>
>>93016239
I wasn't allowed to watch Flintstones because it had dinosaurs and people in it, parents thought it'd turn me into some idiot that actually thought they lived at the same point in time. Not being allowed to watch anything but educational stuff sucked.
>>
>>92998661
My parents pretty much didn't care about what I watch because my grades didn't suffer. Only thing I was not allowed to view was South Park, Family Guy and Simpsons. Luckily, they were for some reasons fine with Drawn Together or Happy Tree Friends.

And right now my sister isn't allowed to watch Totally Spies for some reasons.
>>
>>93016985
That's just good taste, dude.
>>
The only thing that was banned by my parents was an anime about a bear hound or something, I think it was Calder Silver? My parents found the dubbed voices to be torture which was the reason for the ban
>>
>>93017220
>for some reasons.
you and I both know what those reasons are.

Your dad faps to TotallySpies porn and seeing his daughter watch his fap fuel makes him uncomfortable.
I'm actually speaking from experience here. You learn a lot about your parent when you find their porn folder
>>
>>93009615
>>92998661
Basically this. As long as I didn't picked up any obscene lines or my grades went down, I was allowed to do what I wanted.

They didn't liked most of the shows, but aside from remembering it to me from time to time, they didn't really cared about what I watched.
>>
>>93017259
problem is, my parents divorced a year after I moved out. And my sister is living with my mother.
>>
South Park but it always came on way to late anyways.

The one thing I found weird was the show Forensic Files. not only was I like, 11 when that show came on but that was the only thing they ever banned us from watching and would freak out if we watched it. They still hate that we watch it. Never understood why cause nothing else ever bothered them and they love nu FG and south park.
>>
>>92998661
pretty much the only times this happened were with South Park and King of The Hill, and they didn't enforce it too hard for either, mostly just that they'd make me or my brother change the channel if they saw we were watching either of those
>>
>>92998722
>Dragon Ball was of the devil because they had aliens and aliens are just demons in disguise.
>Dragon Ball wasn't of the devil because of Mr.Satan or Videl.

My religious mom didn't like saying Mr.Satan but he was her favorite character. I'm sorry your parents are insane.
>>
>>93017742
I'm going to guess when that another anon's parents banned DBZ they were only up to Freiza.
>>
File: Paranoid_Android_Radiohead_1.jpg (51KB, 852x472px) Image search: [Google]
Paranoid_Android_Radiohead_1.jpg
51KB, 852x472px
Parents trusted cartoons a little too much, let me stay up way too late to watch liquid television at way too young an age...got freaked out by aeon flux but kinda obsessed with the paranoid android music video...

my dad even almost bought me an anime adaptation of go nagai's kama sutra he found at a flea market just cause "hey look cartoons you might like this!"
>>
>>93010804
Faggot
>>
File: perisad.png (74KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
perisad.png
74KB, 500x284px
I wasnt allowed to watch Pokemon or Sonic X because my parents so racist they banned me from watching Japanese shows
>>
I was allowed to everything and my life is good
Thanks to god im not from the US
>>
>>92998661
want a cartoon but it was on Saturday morning
monkey magic she said it was to violent let us watch robotech tho
>>
MTV favorite movie growing up was starship troopers.

I remember when Pokémon came out a TON of kids in my class weren't allowed to watch it. Mostly young girls who weren't interested in it anyways.

My parents just straight up didn't give a duck. They thought cow and chicken was hilarious though.
>>
>>92998661
Sisster lied and said Ed Edd and Eddy was rude gross out show so i wasnt allowed to watch it any more
>>
>>93018074
Also

>go to friends house
>they're playing XMEN
>mystique says "lick my boots while you're down there"
>I mockingly say it right after her on the television
>their fat cunt dad tells me to leave and never come back

Christian parents everybody
>>
>>92998661
Holy shit, this thread is full of shitty parents. I had no idea someone would ever "forbid" to watch stuff on TV to their kids.
>>
Nah. i was allowed to watch whatever. My parents don't believe in gods or demons. My dad was happy when I started watching Simpsons because he liked the show himself and thought it was much better than the cartoons I usually watched.
>>
>>93003556
>Then one day I joined the Sailor Moon fan club and she went absolutely mental.
Can't say I blame her
>>
>>93004084
I mean, when you're sheltered you instinctively want to delve into the medium that was barred from you as a kid.

Couldn't play Pokemon as a kid, but when I moved out the first thing I did was buy a DS and Pokemon Diamond.

4chan is often shat on, and called "evil", so it makes you want to check the site out to see if the claims are true.
>>
My parents wouldn't let me watch Ren and Stimpy growing up, but that was about it.
>>
File: 1494610245676.jpg (87KB, 1000x924px) Image search: [Google]
1494610245676.jpg
87KB, 1000x924px
>>93005540
he would later go on to rape a 12 year old
What the hell
>>
>>92998661
when I was around 4 it was a weekly ritual to watch the new Courage episodes with my family
and then my mom decided to stop watch it, said the reason she doesnt want to watch it was because she hated the downstairs

turns out she just hated me
>>
>>92998661
None in particular. I'm from Canada (Quebec) and our rating system for movies/tv shows/cartoons is way less strict than than the MPAA and TVPG. My parents were open-minded, unlike those in America.
>>
>>92998722
Thank God I'm mot 'Murican...
>>
>>92998661
My parents were open-minded and loose, they still cared about ratings but they gave little concern about what I was allowed to watch unless it's rated R/TV-MA or a video game that's rated M.

I was allowed to watch anything that was rated PG-13/TV-14 and below when I was a kid as well as being allowed to play any game that was rated T and below, but my parents treated it with a case-by-case basis if it's rated R/TV-MA or a game that was rated M.
For example, I wasn't allowed to watch Pulp Fiction, Halloween and Scream but I was allowed to watch movies that they consider okay for me like The Matrix and Blade Runner.
I also wasn't allowed to play Grand Theft Auto 1 and 2 at the time but Parasite Eve and Metal Gear Solid were considered okay for me.

When I turned 13, they allowed me to watch anything but I should still have them around when I go to the cinema if I'm going to watch an R-rated movie because the cinema won't allow anyone under 17 without a parent.
I still sneaked into some R-rated movies without my parents, though, and I was allowed to watch R-rated movies on my own on DVD, VHS, LaserDisc or TV.
And M-rated games as well as TV-MA shows are okay for me at that age.
And I was allowed to go to the cinema on my own as a kid and as a teenager if the movie is rated PG-13 or below.

I had a pretty fun and nice childhood.
>>
File: IMG_0949.jpg (43KB, 475x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0949.jpg
43KB, 475x250px
>>92998661
My parents refuse let me watch Todd McFarlane's Spawn, because of the women had boobs and they said no.
>>
>>92998661
My mom wouldnt let me watch Butt Ugly Martians becuase she said I could do better.
Looking back on it Im happy she neverlet me watch it.
>>
My parents banned Ed, Edd, n' Eddy when my brother and I got into fights with other kids in school all the time. All the way until we graduated we were the only white kids in our district, and constantly picked on and pushed around for it.

I appreciate that my dad tried to make me a better person, but he was pretty misguided and never considered we were getting bullied.
>>
My parents were pretty okay with anything that wasn't south park mostly because of the homosexual jokes. But for the most part they were more worried about the video games.

Take for example my mom had no problem with GTA 3 after she watched me play it for a bit because she wanted me to show her the infamous hooker sex scandal. When I showed it to her, she pretty much laughed and asked me what the big deal was, it didn't even show anything.

Another example is she refused to buy me devil may cry and instead got me lord of the Rings the two towers. Everything turned out better then expected.
>>
>>93005540
What joke anon?
>>
>>92998722
>Ed Edd and Eddy was a conspiracy by the government to turn children retarded.

My parents sort of believed this but let me watch anyway maybe I am retarded
>>
>>92998661

I babysat a couple of kids that they were pretty much the Flanders kids. They knew absolutely nothing of any popular cartoons at the time, they were only allowed to watch religious cartoons. Good kids, but a bit weird.
>>
>all these parents who didn't want you to watch EE&E
Bunch of shovel-chins
>>
I'm French so my parents didn't really give a fuck about what I was watching/reading.
I remember sitting with my father and both of my brothers watching older Looney Tunes shorts, or reading comics like Blueberry and Titeuf. Good memories.
However, I do remember my mother putting parental controls on Cartoon Network, because my aspie older brother kept fucking quoting everything he found funny nonstop.
Like when we were eating dinner, he would suddenly yell "JAWBREAKERS" in Eddy's voice, which drove my mother nuts and she claimed that TV was unhealthy for him, thus blocking the whole network for a while.

Me and my younger brother were pissed, since we couldn't watch our favorite shows anymore, so we bullied him a lot about it. Even go as far to make fun of his autism and laugh at his "retardedness."
Tfw years later I was diagnosed with Dyspraxia. Now I'm the retard.
>>
>>93001940
>patlabor
Mah nigga. Noa best girl
>>
>>93004420
Speaking of which, my father still doesn't want me to watch adult swim for some reason. And I'm in my 20s. I don't get it.

Then again, there's not really much reason for me to watch television nowadays, so I barely have to hear his complaining.
>>
>>92999049
To be fair this was a story about becoming possessed by an ancient pharaoh
>>
>>92998722
Pretty sure they were just making up excuses so they could keep the TV to themselves
>>
all anime and samurai jack because it must be an anime somehow, as well as batman beyond even though normal batman and justice league were ok
>>
>>93019765
Current as is trash so your father has good taste is all.
>>
This thread makes me think if certain /co/ parents wouldn't let their kids watch Steven Universe because they're worried it would make their kid a gay crybaby.
>>
>>93011592

Must worship those negro bodies man. they fill me up just fine if you know what I'm saying 8 I am talking about their huge negro dicks btw)
>>
>>93014623

Catholics don't think every story every fucking verse in the Bible is a law, they stick to the 10 comandments and traditions, and the Bible stories are just to learn a big "lesson of life" over all.

The fact that God seems to hate random things for no reason out of nowhere in the Bible doesn't help at all.
>>
>>92999391
That's what my dad did with SOuth park when I was 11.
>>
>american parents are too retarded to let a child develop his own sense of what he likes and what he doesnt

never had a ban of fucking cartoons in my entire life.
>>
>>92998661
I got to watch anything, but folks hated Cow and Chicken because of the red guy.
>>
>>92998661
>all these responses
LOL, I thought this was a fucking meme outside of the Amish community. This is pathetic and a sure sign of parents who are either retarded or don't respect/trust their children not to follow bad examples from TV. Still a step above soccer moms who send mail to networks instead of regulating what their spawn watches though.
>>
>>93014263
My father is a Southern Baptist pastor.
Growing up the only thing I wasn't allowed to watch was Beavis &Butthead and then South Park, or anything else more adult geared. But even that slacked off once I got into my mid teens.

I mean I had every single He-Man figure, which were monstrous as all hell and by the time I was a teenager I had tons of dragons all over my room. Dragons dragons dragons. Looked like a Spenser's exploded in my room.
Being Christian doesn't automatically make you a paranoid idiot, a lot of people would be that way regardless of religion.
>>
File: Dubs.jpg (92KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dubs.jpg
92KB, 400x400px
>>93014444
>>
>>93009236
my step grandmother (mother of my step mother basically) is very religious and believed a christian newspaper that said harry potter was evil because magic.
The following summer she changed her mind because the same paper said HP was good because christian values
>>
>>93017234
It had its pros and cons.

On the up side, I got to watch some pretty rad shit. The down side being that I was clueless about what the kids on the playground were talking about.
>>
>The Simpsons
Because Bart kept disrespecting his parents and was constantly doing poorly in school, believing that would rub off on us. To this day the thought of watching it invokes similar feelings of dread even though I've long since seen through the flawed veil of my parents and their relationship

>King of the Hill
Not sure of the why here.

>Toonami's Midnight Run
Late at night when we're supposed to be asleep. Managed to sneak in a few watches of Dragon Ball Z and Gundam Wing regardless.

>Adult Swim
In general unless the anime was on.
>>
Mom always had some negative commentary when these were on but she let me watch anyway
>Dragon Ball
>Ren & Stimpy
>Billy & Mandy
>Courage
>>
>>93018903
Pretty much the same here, my mom was more strict with the games but it more of a "Why is this game rated M Anon?" And as long as it wasn't excessive language and nudity she was fine with it.
>>
>No Batman Beyond because mom saw it once and she was all NOT MUH BATMAN
>No Simpsons because burping is vulgar
>No Mega Babies because it's disgusting (but I was a dumb kid and watched it anyway)
>>
>>92998661
They never really put a limit on those things. We got to rent so many R rated films and horror movies from Blockbuster. They watched all sorts of stuff with us, from Conan to SGCC, probably because they actually spent the time with us.
>>
My dad barred me from watching W.I.T.C.H. because he thought the show was about witchcraft.
>>
>tfw 28
> will be 30 soon
>still posting pictures on 4chan
I'm probably too old for you faggots, and yet I'm still here....
>>
Eh my parents really didnt outlaw anything in my home while I grew up, but I do remember my dad trying to get me into more adult anime while I was watching pokemon, digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh (He isn't a fan of pokemon but he kinda likes digimon due to it having a more adult friendly plot and better characterization) But he would show me some Neon Genesis Evangelion, introduce me to Miyazaki and some old mech animes like Macross. Oh and I almost forgot about watching Ryu the Primitive Boy, COBRA and Silver Fang, so yeah he kinda introduced me to lots of old school anime. I feel bad for many of you on this thread, must have sucked for ya.
>>
File: 1291236797224.png (16KB, 550x375px) Image search: [Google]
1291236797224.png
16KB, 550x375px
>>93023094
I'm 38
>>
>>92998661

My parents bought me and my brother two cartoon movies with really cool covers from a discount store. We started to watch one of them, had a guy with a gun for an arm (think he covered it with a prosthetic hand tough) and some girl with a tattoo that got sniped (by her twin sister?) and died in the first scene. Afterwards he went to a strip club or something (I think he killed some armed strippers), that was when my mother walked in. She really didn't think this movie was appropriate for two boys aged four and six. Could anyone tell me what movie it was? I've been searching for years. I don't think it was an anime. Western Style no doubt.
>>
>>93022905
It isn't?
>>
>>93023259
Not from what I recall, they were more magical girls traveling to a different world more than anything.

But then again I haven't touched the series in about decade.
>>
File: IMG_1354.jpg (104KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1354.jpg
104KB, 900x900px
>>93023209
Cobra?
>>
>>92998661
Every cartoon you could think of in syndication between 1996 and 2009 because "they made you stupid".
>>
I've always been obsessed with cartoons, and mom would watch with me all the time.

She loved Dexter, Johnny Bravo and PPG. She hated Two Stupid Dogs.

The only show I got banned from was Ed Edd n Eddy but I watched it anyway.
>>
>>93024002
Yeah! Remember my dad having a disc with like 5 of the first episodes, I prefered Ryu the primitive boy myself so we invested in buying the whole collection of that show instead.
>>
File: 1495131722089.png (436KB, 600x797px)
1495131722089.png
436KB, 600x797px
>>93019435
I was that kid.
>>
>>93024002

Shit. That gotta be it. Thanks a lot!
>>
File: 1488154944955.jpg (17KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1488154944955.jpg
17KB, 363x363px
>>92998661
For me it was South Park. Everything else was fine. She even let me watch Simpsons when it was on but for some reason not south park. I guess she had her reasons. Made the mistake of wayching it while I was still young and it scared the living day lights out of me. It was the Hanky poo xmas song special. I guess it was the same crude style that scared me.
>>
>>93024393
No problem, have fun, Space Adventure Cobra is one of Dezaki's best
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt6XXfcdVY0
>>
My parents bought me a Futurama box set for my 9th birthday. Feels good not having no-fun allowed parents.
>>
>>93024626

Reading the synopsis of episode five this gotta be the one I saw

"Cobra and Catherine head towards the Turtle, but a masked female sniper opens fire on them. During the pursuit, then find an abandoned village. Cobra acts as a decoy to allow Catherine to find shelter. The sniper is revealed to be remotely controlled by Tarvage, in the employ of Crystal Boy. When almost at the Turtle, Catherine is shot and Cobra goes for help. He gets trapped in a mine, but finds a rock-melting machine and attacks the sniper. He disarms and unmasks her, and is surprised to see that it's Jane Royal, Catherine's sister, although she does not seem to be fully in control. She draws a gun and Cobra shots her."

It feels kinda strange having all these visual memories from 20 years ago, and most of them being correct to boot. I did not yet know English by that time though so I had to figure out the story line together with my bro.
>>
>>93024054
My mom hated Two Stupid Dogs too for some reason. It's not even violent or anything.
>>
My childhood nanny was a fundie with weirdly specific reasons for banning cartoons. Pokémon was bad because it featured evolution and because the mons only fainted and never died. (Immortality and healing are only for God, I think was the rationale.) The ban was only while she was watching us; it didn't extend to our parents.
Parents meanwhile were actually very cool and reasonable. They even let us watch things they didn't like or agree with -- like Captain Planet or "SpongeBob StupidPants" -- albeit with teasing us about them. I respect them wanting us to make up our own minds about stories being crap. We watched The Simpsons as a family, and some of my best memories of being a kid are the Saturday afternoons we forced Dad to hang out with us for half an hour to watch The Batman.
>>
>>92998722
>Dragon Ball was of the devil because they had aliens and aliens are just demons in disguise.
Ironically it turns of that the biggest "demon" in the series was just an alien the whole time.
>>
>>92998661
She removed the Cartoon Network channel entirely.

Every time we did a channel sweep.
>>
>>92999168
>not brutal battles to the death

That's what they SHOULD have been.
>>
File: maxweightdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxweightdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>92998722

Ridiculous. Spongebob isn't a frog.
>>
>>93004442
The head wasn't mutilated, it was just no longer attached to the body. I guess it depends on your definition of the word "mutilated".
>>
>>93001314
>FIM

The fandom, yeah, but the show? Maybe since magic is "the power of the devil"?
>>
File: amused slut.png (456KB, 590x890px) Image search: [Google]
amused slut.png
456KB, 590x890px
>>93014444
Can't argue with that logic.
>>
File: your dad.jpg (51KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
your dad.jpg
51KB, 625x415px
>>93017350
It's simple, it's your mom's porn folder, and she divorced him because she's a lesbian.
>>
>>92998722
Your parents were /pol/?
>>
>>93015510
Is your stepdad still alive?
>>
>>93000492
It probably was because of that scandal when some kid lit his trailer house on fire and his parents blamed the show.
>>
>>92998661
My mom wouldn't let me watch Ed Edd n Eddy because she thought they were rude.

I also couldn't watch Billy and Mandy for some reason I don't remember, and then I wasn't allowed to watch Codename: Kids Next Door because my parents thought it encouraged disrespect towards adults.
>>
File: 1936392640.png (88KB, 313x416px) Image search: [Google]
1936392640.png
88KB, 313x416px
>>92998661
My dad wouldn't let me watch caillou because he thought caillou made kids act like, in his words, "little bitches"
He also didn't like teletubies because the purple one was a "faggot" also his words.
>>
File: IMG_3508.gif (464KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3508.gif
464KB, 500x338px
>>93017062
I'd never thought of it like that before
>>
File: EEnE MLB.png (497KB, 711x478px) Image search: [Google]
EEnE MLB.png
497KB, 711x478px
Honestly I don't think my parents ever banned any cartoons from me or my siblings.

I mean my mother thought Ed Edd n Eddy's artstyle looked ugly (I don't blame parents for thinking that, I love the artstyle but I understood what they meant by that and knew it wasn't for them) but she didn't ban me.

In other words. They were more understanding and trustful than other parents. And granted when I started watching adult animation they were cautious, but they trusted me that I wouldn't repeat anything said or do anything that was shown on-screen.
>>
>>92998661
Simpsons
South Park
Futurama

Later my stepdad banned me from everything. No TV period, unless it was FOX News or something he liked.
>>
>>93026655
He was right about both of those things.
>>
>>92998743
I watched this, South Park, and Brak Show with my based grandma.

>tfw grandma had a falling out with my mom and doesn't like talking to me anymore despite me calling every week to make sure she's ok
>tfw uncle I admired as a kid won't speak to me because I'm a cop, and he hates cops because of the news
>>
>>92999119
>- Most of the "dumb" cartoons, like "Cow & Chicken" ("It doesn't make sense! Why do they have human parents if they're animals?") or "The Mask" ("Did you know, some kids were taken to a hospital after seeing a cartoon just like this one!" -- i.e. misinterpreted echoes of the seizure-inducing Pokemon episode).
I knew from this line alone you were a Slav. Sounds exactly what my mom would've said, that's why I never watched anything with my parents around out of pure embarrassment. Either my mom would bitch about it being stupid or my stepdad would keep telling how violent and/or stupid it is, so I avoided watching TV with them altogether.
I didn't get much TV time/freedom that way but at least I had the afternoons for myself to watch Pokemon, so I was fine.
>>
>>92998722
>Spongebob was a conspiracy by the government to turn children gay.
It wasn't He-Man?
>>
I can't really think of anything. The one cartoon that my parents wouldn't let me watch was Freakazoid because it aired at 2AM.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 783x624px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 783x624px
>>92998661
My Dad said no Ed Edd n eddy and my mom hated the eds AND billy and Mandy. Still saw every episode of each.
>>
>>93016710
>PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET HAVE DIFFERENT LIFE EXPERIENCES THAN I DID GROWING UP IN A SMALL TOWN?
>MUST BE FUCKING LYING HEATHENS!
>>
>Mom accidentally left MTV on
>Celebrity Deathmatch marathon
>It's awesome
>Non stop blood and gore
>TFW I watched at least an hour or two
>Grandma walks in
>She is horrified
>Turns off the TV
>It's too late because I was already desensitized by the violence
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.