[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These popped up in Japan. Particularly curious are Spider-Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_or328yYv3g1sff0xeo1_1280.jpg (67KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_or328yYv3g1sff0xeo1_1280.jpg
67KB, 600x280px
These popped up in Japan. Particularly curious are Spider-Man 2099 and Anya's redesigns.
>>
>>92996448
Miguel got a redesign after Secret Wars, Anya looks original though.
>>
>>92996448
too bad the show looks like garbage
>>
>>92996448
>Miguel is the shortest one there
Do not like
>>
File: anime girl lemon.png (64KB, 257x218px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl lemon.png
64KB, 257x218px
>>92996448
>We swears the new show's gonna go back to da roots for realz
>Here are multiple Spider-people just like Ultimate
>>
>All of them have noir eyes
>No Spider Man Noir
>>
>>92996823
Marvel honestly has no clue what to do with the Spider-Man franchise. The other day Slott went on about how the character's original intention was to stay in highschool, but if you actually read the damn book you'd know it's a load of shit.
>>
>>92996448
While I like that Miguel and Anya are getting more recognition, I think having all these other Spiders appear so soon is a bad idea. Also, I'm not a fan of their new suits.

>>92996988
>The other day Slott went on about how the character's original intention was to stay in highschool

Got a link?
>>
>>92997482
>It’s far more likely that you’d see a line-wide reboot that reset Spider-Man to high school years (and on model with the creators’ original intent) then the marriage being restored.

>https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/18/peter-parkermary-jane-watson-marriage-will-never-ever-return-infinity-says-dan-slott/

tl;dr: Marriage will never come back because Marvel thinks Peter should act and be more of a highschool student and having him married does the opposite.
>>
>>92997540
Thanks for the link, but after seeing that quote, I don't think I can bring myself to read the damn thing.
>>
>>92996448
That's Miguel's ANAD design and Anya's design for the upcoming TV show.
>>
>>92996823
>>We swears the new show's gonna go back to da roots for realz

Why do we need to go back to Spider-Man's roots? We've seen it over and over again.
>>
>>92997669
What do /you/ think Spider-Man's roots are? Because we haven't seen it done once.
>>
File: 1473061563228.jpg (111KB, 658x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473061563228.jpg
111KB, 658x1000px
Miguel's been wearing the white/red/black suit for a couple of years now. He got it after Secret Wars. I feel like I'm one of the only people who actually likes it, though it's not as good as his old black (or really dark blue) and red.

The problem is that 2099's interior artist is shit and everything looks awful.
>>
>>92996663
Uh oh, they're going with the Teen Miguel idea from the 00's, aren't they.
>>
File: slott.jpg (124KB, 899x713px) Image search: [Google]
slott.jpg
124KB, 899x713px
>>92997540
>sorry, we can't have peter married b/c it makes him too old and we want to keep him young
>we'll make him the head of a multi-national tech conglomerate instead
>>
>>92997762
Gets power, Ben gets shot, goes through each villain one at a time? In other words, Spectacular Spider-Man?
>>
>>92998424
>Gets power
That's not a basic tenant, that's conceptual origin.

>Ben gets shot
Not a basic tenant of the character, again, simply part of his origin.

>goes through each villain one at a time

....What? No he doesn't. Sure, maybe for the first few issues to set up his little corner of the Marvel Universe, but after issue eleven that dynamic is no longer present. So it's definitely not a basic of the character.

> In other words, Spectacular Spider-Man?

That show had none of that.
>>
>>92996988
They've been pushing that belief for a long time now. Quesada was the one claiming that getting Peter divorced would age the character, and Tom Brevoort wrote that youth is the main thing about Spider-Man in that Spider-Manifesto. But the problem is that it ended up being a hindrance toward the main Spider-Man comics since OMD.
>>
>>92998553
And it's complete bullshit too. The whole concept of Spider-Man is that he was the super hero who went through real shit, like growing up and being forced to support his elderly aunt. Even after the Ditko years this was true. Then everything went to shit when Marvel kept trying to dial back the clock, let the fucking character grow in a natural way dammit.
>>
>>92996988
>character's original intention was to stay in highschool

peters in college what, 30 issues in?
>>
>>92998626
The other thing I noticed is that it seemed like every time they try to roll things back and make Spider-Man himself be young and easily prone to bad luck and fuck ups, it comes off forced.

When you look at Ben Reilly when he became Spider-Man, he was down on his luck financially and had to use cheap materials to make his webbing at first. But he wasn't made to look like a complete loser for the sake of "comedy", something that's happened to Peter Parker a lot in the last decade, maybe a little before (arguably the Byrne/Mackie era also overdid it with Peter getting bad luck and it was unbearable for me to read at the time. But on the other hand reading it now I got the impression he was less of a loser than the post-OMD one).
>>
>>92998525
Oh god, you think they should do retarded shit like his first episode is trying to join the FF.
>>
>>92999135
I think the reason they believe this is that Marv Wolfman said he once talked to Ditko and said that Ditko expressed some regret that he had Spider-Man graduate from college because you could believe a high school kid could screw up but it's harder to believe an adult would.

http://community.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?93420-Why-Spider-Man-is-NOT-about-%91youth%92&p=2701342&viewfull=1#post2701342

Problem is I have no idea what Wolfman interview that was (a CBR poster said it was from 2004) and I know that myths got spread about Ditko (case in point: the claim that Ditko left over the Green Goblin's identity; there are still people who believe that to this day even though it wasn't true since Lee and Ditko weren't on speaking terms in the last two or so years of the Ditko run). So I'd have to see Wolfman's words and also Ditko's words (I'm hoping he still does those essays) to be certain.

At the same time though if you assume that what's mentioned there is true, that Ditko said something like that, then that only proves Brevoort's (and others) push toward youth for 616 Spider-Man was the wrong move. Because that means what Ditko's words (claimed by Wolfman) were correct--you can believe high school Spider-Man would be a screw-up. Adult Spider-Man, like in BND and Slott's run, screwing up really is less forgivable.
>>
>>92999341
That's not a basic tennant of his character either. Nigger, do you not know what back to basics means?
>>
>>92998525
>>93000367

TENET, you fucking mong(s).
>>
>>92999724
>Ditko expressed some regret that he had Spider-Man graduate from college

What?
>>
>>92999297
>something that's happened to Peter Parker a lot in the last decade, maybe a little before

A "little"? Read a goddamn comic book before 1990.
>>
>>92996663
well he is Irish-Mexican
>>
>>92996448

>White suit Miguel

NO

CEASE.

GIVE ME MY BLUE/RED AND CAPE
>>
>>93000721
>A "little"? Read a goddamn comic book before 1990.

Read the fucking post first, you hothead illiterate.
>But he wasn't made to look like a complete loser for the sake of "comedy",
>a complete loser
>for the sake of "comedy".

I never got the impression that Spider-Man was a complete loser when Ditko and Lee worked on the character. Or when Lee and Romita worked on the character. Or when Gerry Conway was writing. Things like Spider-Man having a cold or having a having to do the Amazing Bag-Man thing? It's okay when you do one or two. But something like this:

>there's another good example in ASM #642, the opening to the Origin of the Species BND finale. There's a good half dozen pages of "look at how crappy it is to be Peter Parker" strung along like a series of pitiful firecrackers. He has to sell his camera cuz he's broke, but the vendor doesn't care and short changes him. He has to beg money off of Betty Brant. He tries to call Carlie and tell her he's late, but he's got no minutes of course, the phone screechs in his ear about how broke he is. He walks home and sees everybody wearing his shirts, so he runs upstairs and his roommate Michelle is selling all his clothes for rent(because he's a broke loser remember). Only shirt left is an ugly sweater that everybody hated, and its already 100+ degrees outside. He runs down the street in the ugly sweater, people shouting "MY EYES!" because how ugly/stupid/loserish Peter Parker is right now, gets to the Coffee Bean with Carlie who's sitting there with MJ and Harry. They all share embarassing stories about Peter, like Aunt May ironing his tighty whities, laughing as Peter sits there sweating lookin' awful.

That's fucking making him a complete loser to for comedy.
>>
>>93000687
That's based on a CBR poster saying that he read a Marv Wolfman interview from 2004 where Wolfman said he heard from Ditko that Ditko might've regretted having Peter graduate. Like I said, the problem is we don't know the full context, though I think Brevoort evoked it as well in his Spider-Manifesto, even though it misses the whole point of what he believed Ditko said.
>>
File: 8959238523.jpg (169KB, 767x1040px) Image search: [Google]
8959238523.jpg
169KB, 767x1040px
>>92996448

>Post secret wars S-Man

Delet this.
>>
>>92996448
Anya looks fucking awful
>>
>>92996448
Power ranking: costume edition
Spectacular tier
>OG Peter
>Miles
>Gwen
Amazing tier
>Synergy Peter
>Flash
Sony tier
>Anya
>Miguel
>>
>>92996823
>Married characters aren't relateable, that's why we're gonna make him a billionaire.
>>
>>92996988
They want to make him a teen just because he started out as one which is stupid.

Stan made him grow up and the only objection Ditko gave to that was that Peter would have to grow up in mentally too since having a grown man act and think like a kid wouldn't reflect well on the character.
>>
>>92998525
>tenant
Learn to use the right word, it's tenet.
>>
>>92996597
Not quite. For those who haven't noticed yet, let me "enlight" you. Anya's design is clearly a combination of her suit as Spider-Girl AND Cindy Moon's outfit as Silk. They are combining two spiders into one here.

This is like what they did in "Ultimate Spider-Man":
+ Scarlet Spider was actually Kaine's version but using the name of Ben Reilly.
+ Madame Web was actually Julia Carpenter's version, but with a suit that combined both her original Spider-Woman costume and Cassandra Webb's costume.
+ Mary Jane Watson as Spider-Woman was really based on the design of MC2's Spider-Girl/Woman, who is actually her own possible future dugther.

I honestly expect 3 more Spiders to debut in this series. 8 Spiders, where spiders have 8 legs. I have suspictions to believe that Ezekiel Sims and Cassandra Webb could appear too.
>>
>>93001519
>Stan made him grow up

He actually wasn't the one who did that; he wasn't on speaking terms with Ditko by that point and was just doing the dialogue. But even after Ditko left, I assume Stan still saw the value of having the character in college. Besides, he also decided Peter should marry at some point as well.
>>
>>92999297
Totally agree it's fucking awful when it gets to those comedic tones of bad luck and hard to relate if that's what they're aiming for.

Peter's bad luck was always something someone could identify with at some level.
>>
>>92998037
Isn't post-Secret Wars the 3rd time that 2099-verse got rebooted?
>>
File: Cindy_Moon_(Earth-12131).png (705KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
Cindy_Moon_(Earth-12131).png
705KB, 1024x1325px
>>92996448
>These popped up in Japan.
Asian country...doesn't give a fuck about the Asian spider.
>>
>>93001666
There you have it, Spidey's co-creator made him grow up and got him married and still has him married to MJ in his newspaper strip which even made fun of BND.
>>
File: Arana.jpg (35KB, 233x350px) Image search: [Google]
Arana.jpg
35KB, 233x350px
>>92996448
I miss non-spidey latex Anya
>>
>>93001801
Why would Japan care about a generically-Asian hero? Would you expect a Canadian to go "Wow! A North American!"
>>
>>93001933
Cindy is Korean.
>>
File: carapace.png (802KB, 636x480px) Image search: [Google]
carapace.png
802KB, 636x480px
>>93001853
I really really miss her carapace hunter armor the most
>>
>>93001945
Even worse.
>>
>>93001853
Is it just me or as soon as she became spider girl she became unlikeable? Maybe i just don't like how slott writes anybody (except maybe anti venom during spider island, only good thing of his whole run)
>>
>>93002143
Her first run as Spider-Girl was when the writer decided to kill her father in order to give her an uncle Ben moment.

So you aren't wrong. Becoming Spider-Girl ruined Anya
>>
>>93002143
>>93002390
Plus Mayday's book was cancelled for Anya's Spider-Girl book. That left a sour taste .
>>
>>93001955
Is this Skitter?
>>
>you will never travel back to 2009 to prevent Sony from losing the animated spider-man rights
>>
>>93001801
maybe they didn't like her trying to suck petes dick 24/7
>>
File: NOV160952.jpg (97KB, 450x674px) Image search: [Google]
NOV160952.jpg
97KB, 450x674px
kinda off topic, but instocktrades just put up more of the variant cover for amazing spider-man omnibus vol 3.
>>
>>93001933
>Would you expect a Canadian to go "Wow! A North American!"
Honestly, yes.
Two reasons,one, just to be polite and make sure the people that made the character feel like they accomplished something.
Two, The majority of the Canadian heroes are so shit anyway I can't imagine they're that hard to impress.
>>
>>92998060
Oh man that story was terrible. At least Shattered Dimensions capitalized on its version of the Scorpion pretty well.
>>
>>93001853
I miss fucking Darkhawk. He was one of the few new 90s characters who was the least 90s.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.