[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why did they advertise Jack as being a gritty badass with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 24747283236357.png (104KB, 1086x516px) Image search: [Google]
24747283236357.png
104KB, 1086x516px
So why did they advertise Jack as being a gritty badass with a completely different look, only for him to go back to being a moralfag with wisdom and go back to his old look? That really grinds my gears.
>>
>>92991790
It's like you don't know how to write a story at all.
>>
>>92991790
Genndy literally said he wasn't going to go full gore and grit for S5.

Almost like there was an arc or something.
>>
File: 1496044128870.jpg (38KB, 454x340px) Image search: [Google]
1496044128870.jpg
38KB, 454x340px
>>92991826
>advertise and show off S5 as gory and grit
>"uhhh that's not what we're going for here guys"

really makes me think
>>
It was representative about how the ending threw away everyones character development that had . been building throughout the season.
>>
>>92991860
I can only assume you never watched the original series if the 'selective heavy episodes with a majority lighter episodes' thing is new to you.
>>
>>92991790
Nitpick just for the sake of nitpicking
>>
>>92991790
Because you're not well read enough to see cliches coming.

You don't use the "beard of sorrow" trope unless you intend to have the guy shave it by the end.
>>
I wasn't mad jack reverted back but I was starting to like beard jack. I'm more mad at the fact episodes 1-3 stick out like a sore thumb.
>>
>>92991790
I liked the badass-motorcycle-riding-actual-samurai-armor-wearing Jack from the first episode.
It felt like he had actually "leveled up".
Look at what he could still do, even without his sword.

I understand why they took it in the direction they did, but I would have preferred if he had kept upgrading instead of reverting to his younger self.
Then for the final battle he would wear a banner with his family crest to show he hadn't forgotten about his past.
>>
>>92992323
>Wear his family's banner to show he hasn't forgotten

I really wish this happened and that the season wasn't rushed passed episode 4.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.