[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Riptide. Say something nice about her!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Riptide.jpg (142KB, 725x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Riptide.jpg
142KB, 725x1100px
This is Riptide. Say something nice about her!
>>
>>92989093
didn't she pose nude for a magazine once?
>>
>>92989111
Yep and it got her suspended from Youngblood. Then Alan Moore killed her off when he revamped the Extreme Universe.
>>
File: Pidgeon.jpg (236KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pidgeon.jpg
236KB, 1280x720px
>>92989093
She has some nice tits.
>>92989111
>>92989143
Or, she HAD some nice tits.
>>
>>92989143
>Then Alan Moore killed her off when he revamped the Extreme Universe.

That seemed somewhat mean-spirited, especially since he constantly had Suprema moralize over how terrible "modern" heroines were.
>>
File: riptide_by_dichiara-d61t66s.jpg (112KB, 614x964px) Image search: [Google]
riptide_by_dichiara-d61t66s.jpg
112KB, 614x964px
>in before 500 posts on how her costume is lazy/sexist/impractical/stupid
>>
File: Riptide card.jpg (243KB, 349x500px) Image search: [Google]
Riptide card.jpg
243KB, 349x500px
>>
File: 238246-59206-riptide.jpg (37KB, 400x628px) Image search: [Google]
238246-59206-riptide.jpg
37KB, 400x628px
>>
>>92989093
Her real name is Leanna Creel, so she's probably named after Rob Liefeld's sister-in-law, Leanna Creel who was Tori Scott on Saved by the Bell, and also was a producer on Six String Samurai.
>>
>>92990292

So Alan Moore murdered Liefeld's in-law? And simultaneously Tori Scott?
>>
Why did Moore kill off the nicest member of Youngblood?
>>
>>92990292
someone drew rob liefeld's sister-in-law to appear naked in a magazine?
>>
>>92991084

Rob wrote that story I think
>>
>>92991143
Rob has some 'splaining to do.
>>
>>92991143
that sick fuck
>>
>>92991143
I'm not sure if that's better or worse.
>>
>>92990292
>Rob Liefeld's sister-in-law, Leanna Creel who was Tori Scott on Saved by the Bell,

for real? Small world.
>>
>>92991164
>>92991167
>>92991195

Come on it's not like it's his sister. If you have a hot in-law it only stands to reason you'd make her fictional version pose naked.
>>
>>92991230
She's a triplet, so it was probably just like drawing his wife. Not sure if that makes it better or worse.
>>
>>92991084
>>92991164
>>92991167
>>92991195
>>92991255

And then Alan Moore murdered her, meaning he murdered both Liefeld's sister in-law and his wife in one swoop.
>>
> no one cared who i was until they learned i was based off rob's sis-in-law
>>
>>92991207
Yeah, Liefeld married Tori's sister Joy.

Joy and Tori and their sister Monica are triplets (and all three of them were in that Jennifer Lopez film The Cell)
>>
>>92991315

They all also have a very weird lopsided smile which is kinda creepy and reminds me a lot of how Liefeld draws people grinning.

>>92991301

They look absolutely nothing alike. The real-world Leanna is flat, skinny and has stringy brown hair.
>>
>>92991397
more of the thread picked up the wtf-ery of the fact rather than any actual resemblance.
>>
>>92991471

I dunno what's more disturbing, Rob naming characters after family members or Rob naming characters after Christian religious stuff.
>>
>>92991541
chapel. judas, prophet

how much are there again?

does crypt and (phillip) omen count?

what was the reaction to him making a character with the same name as jack kirby?
>>
>>92991568

He had Masada which is a Jewish thing. Jeriko who showed up in vol 2 of YB. The Disciples who were Darkthorn's minions. And while not named, Supreme quoted the Bible a lot while killing people.
>>
>>92991599

And I forgot Avengelynne
>>
>>92989456
A super tight super low bathing suit is not the best outfit for crimefighting, to be fair.
>>
>>92991607

No tacticool shit here please
>>
She's cute.
>>
Wtf this is some confusing irl comic lore.
>>
>>92989456
Agree, she should wear a bikini made of water.
>>
I don't remember her. Did she replace the robot?
>>
>>92989241
>That seemed somewhat mean-spirited,
A COMIC BOOK WRITER IS MEAN SPIRITED?! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

Next thing you'll tell me is that they will always promote the edgy character as the smart one!
>>
>>92989241
Moore's entire revamp of Extreme was mean-spirited.
Joke on him, his version of Youngblood sucked balls. Liefeld's YB at least had interesting premise and character dynamics, even if writing was crap.
>>92989456
She was designed be Liefeld, it's not like he's known for practical costume designs.
>>
>>92993187
>Joke on him, his version of Youngblood sucked balls. Liefeld's YB at least had interesting premise and character dynamics, even if writing was crap.

Moore's Youngblood was the only time that team was interesting. Same with Supreme
>>
>>92993251
Except Moore aimed Youngblood at teenagers according to notes you can find online, and it terribly fails at that front - it reads like Alan Moore's Brave and the Bold or something. No wonder it got canned after second issue. I mean, hell, second issue involves Suprema and Twilight wondering if they're outdated in this day and age - ah, yes! Surely a premise any teenager can sympathize with, "I'm too old for this shit." You know, for youths.

Also the basic premise of original Youngblood, superheroes as celebrities who do black ops for the government was interesting, even if Wildstorm realized both parts of that premise much better with Stormwatch and Authority later on.
>>
>>92993392

Ah yes, the Awesome Sketchbook or whatever the fuck it was called, where Moore talks at length about the sexuality he wants on display in the relaunched Awesome comics. He spelled out that he wanted it hinted that Twilight was possibly fucking her uncle (the Batman analogue) to keep fans interested but also that they'd have more overt sexual relations to titillate. Specifically named Doc Rocket as the "waifu" character who was designed to be girlfriend material for the reader. And the stuff in his Glory essay is just eye-rolling and really shows that he was already pondering the trite, boring sexuality stuff he would later explore in say Lost Girls or Neonomicon.

It's a shame too because I think Moore just ended up in a spot where everyone praised him so much that he convinced himself everything he shits out is golden nuggets. He still hadn't decided he hates all superhero comics when he did Awesome because he's still praising Wolfman/Perez NTT in the text piece for Youngblood.
>>
>>92993536
> He spelled out that he wanted it hinted that Twilight was possibly fucking her uncle (the Batman analogue) to keep fans interested
That's exactly my point, by the way. Incest is sexy for adults, but teens still live with parents, to them idea of a girl fucking her adoptive dad would be creepy or tragic, but not sexy. Book was interesting, but utterly failed in its stated goal.
>>
If I ever got to make that Youngblood reboot, I want to turn her into a butch Japanese lesbian.
>>
>>92993698

I was agreeing with you, really.

I think the Awesome period is when moore went from being a guy writing in whatever the spirit of the time was to a guy writing about "retro" stuff or just stuff he wanted to. I mean yeah, I love Supreme that he did but it was also a step away from the more relevant stuff he did. And after Awesome he did ABC which was even more backwards-facing, and after ABC it was stuff like LXG which was EVEN MORE retro. Basically what I'm saying is that the guy started to get out of touch, alternately he decided there was no point writing about anything that wasn't really old anymore.

And yeah I dunno the incest angle just feels creepy in general. But I never had that fetish anyway.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.