[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 18

File: prematureseasonalrot.jpg (190KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
prematureseasonalrot.jpg
190KB, 960x1440px
>It's the nihilism is such a cool, and comforting ideology which I will express through my overly-wordy soapbox self insert character who I will also use nihilism as a jumping off point for a hackney "emotional" monologue which will play into the overdone arc about the careless asshole being depressed and self-loathing episode
>It's the here's a kind of cool sci-fi concept, now watch how we never expand on it and still get praised for our creativity episode
>Also, the Purge
>And really bad improv
>Something something existentially something something game theory
>Again
>And again and again and again
Why did this show get so shit so fast?
>>
>>92988648
Shows still good. It's you that's gone to shit
>>
shows how much you know, nihilism isn't an ideology it's a philosophy
>>
>>92988663
Yeah, sorry I'm such an awful person that I don't like this animated sitcom.
>>92988687
I really couldn't give a shit about your pseudo-intellectual semantics.

I went out of my way not to mention Reddit in my OP but then these were the first response, lel.
>>
My friend tried to show his dad this while we were all on vacation but I just sat in the room shouting this is reddit this is memes until they stopped
>>
>>92988719
i think you're probably an idiot
>>
>>92988764
Fighting the good fight.
>>92988767
I think you're probably a faggot.
>>
>>92988764
You sound like a sperg.
>>
>>92988889
>Taking an obvious joke seriously.
>Calling someone else a sperg.
Really makes you think...
>>
>>92988648
>thinking the show is honestly presenting nihilism as it's ideology
>thinking it's actually a science fiction show

How the fuck, OP?
>>
>>92988913
Nine out of ten Rick and Morty threads are just an indiscussable string of shitposts anyway, there's no real one way to approach it.
>>
"Welp, I don't like this popular show, time to begin the crusade to get people to agree with me instead of staying in my lane"
>>
>>92988932
http://www.avclub.com/article/dan-harmon-says-jerry-rick-and-mortys-luckiest-cha-256266
>“Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV,” Harmon notes, “Knowing the truth, which is that nothing matters, can actually save you in those moments. Once you get through that terrifying threshold of accepting that, then every place is the center of the universe, and every moment is the most important moment, and everything is the meaning of life.”
Also, lol at that pretentiousness.

Also, erase "science fiction" and just have the concepts for worlds and stories be mildly interesting and then be praised well beyond their actual usage in the story.
>>92988985
>Discussing cartoons on a board about cartoons is a bad thing.
OK.
>>
File: IMG_2565.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2565.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>92988985
>People should stay quiet about things they dislike
>>
>>92988975
Probably because the Redditards come out of the woodwork to flip their shit about differing opinions.
>>
>>92989022
4chan is on Adult Swim?
>>
>>92988648
>show gets popular
>some autistic reddit tier people like it
>even more autistic contrarian faggots online decide suddenly the show is shit because the other autists happen to like it
>post on an anonymous Laotian lancing forum about how he has suuuuch good taste because he disagrees with the redditors
>"lol am i cool yet guys? look how not reddit i am"

Every single time.
>>
>>92989102
>Implying people dislike it only because Reddit likes it
>Implying these people don't dislike it and have had their hatred amplified by seeing faggots jerk it off all the time
>>
>>92989102
Nah, I legitimately think the show is shit. Thank you for telling me that my opinions aren't authentic though.
>>92989122
>their hatred amplified by seeing faggots jerk it off all the time
This.
>>
>>92989022

Yeah.
It'd be different if it was a show you enjoyed but it took a nose dive. Then it'd be your duty as a fan to bitch about it.

Otherwise the show just wasn't for you to begin with and you should just move on.
>>
>>92989134
>look mom, im being edgy on the 4chan!

>>92989122
You can dislike it, but it doesnt mean its a shit show. I could never get into star trek but that doesnt mean i cant appreciate that it accomplished what it set out to do. If you dont like the r&m style thats one thing, but it sticks to it well enough that calling it shit is just b8
>>
>>92988648
>Why did this show get so shit so fast?
>>92989186
Also, my filename.
>>92989216
>Being edgy
>Not liking a TV show
Uh... OK?

>le objective opinions
Fuck off. This is the most pathetic way of going "stop disliking what i like"
>>
>>92989186
actually my gripe with show came with the start of season 3 where they just busted Rick out ezpz and went "hey, remember that conflict about two imperfect people trying to repair their broken marriage? OUT THE FUCKIN EINDO IT GOES! HAVE A DIVORCE CAUSE WE GOTTA MAKE MORE TIME FOR RICK AND HIS CRAAZZY SHENANIGANS!" I always just tolerated Rick's nihilistic rants, they always came off as pretentious soapbox bullshit.
>>
>>92989122
>You are wrong, people don't hate it because reddit likes it!
>They hate it because people praise it!

And that's..better?
>>
>>92989249
Honestly, by the end of season 1 of all things I was starting to dislike it already. Rick Potion 9 was such a funny episode and it's probably my favorite in the series but the ending of that one was a huge red flag. Turns out that melodramatic shit wasn't done as a one-off joke and the show went down the "feels" route. R.I.P
>>
>>92989244
>lists vague descriptions and episodes without any real criticism
>just says its shit and expects people to agree
Yeah no, you're just being angsty and contrarian.
>>
>>92988648
>self insert
Oh my god will you people stop pretending anything interesting or fun is a cry for help from an artist screaming to break out of his mortal coil?
>>
>>92989332
>any real criticism
By what definition?
>expect people to agree
No, I just don't expect you to be a complete faggot about it and say that the show is somehow objectively good and I'm just being-
>angsty and contrarian
Wow, there are those words again.
>>
>>92989350
>Implying a character going on a monologue about how the author's blatantly apparent position is obviously correct shouldn't be called a self-insert.
>>
>>92989249
>"hey, remember that conflict about two imperfect people trying to repair their broken marriage?"

Yeah, I remember that. It happened. For two whole seasons. With no payoff in sight. And none of the scenes of them arguing were ever funny or amusing. And nothing really would be gained out of their arguments, they would just have some basic lesson, like "treat people with decency" or something, and then they would make out or something. I dunno man, if I am being real with you, it felt like watching a abusive relationship at a distance, and being in pain that you could do nothing about it. The whole thing felt artificial, like they were given marriage problems by the creator to have conflict happening in every episode. Just for that purpose.

Did you enjoy their arguments?
After two seasons of it, did you keep expecting it to go somewhere?

>I always just tolerated Rick's nihillstic rants, they always came off as pretentious soapbox bullshit.

What do you mean by "pretentious"?
>>
>>92988997
I mean it was a retarded kid who said that.
>>
>>92989375
The show is objectively consistent. If you feel curve balls you're either retarded or autistic. Dont like it for all i care, but your edgy contrarian (fuck you ill use it as much as i want) attitude is the biggest cancer to all entertainment mediums. I'm tired of seeing people think they're part of some secret club and that their tastes are good because they dislike popular shows.
>>
Rick regularly contradicts himself. People seem to miss that.
>>
>>92989397
I would agree with you but it comes and goes. They humilify Rick here and there, when he prays to god near death and tries to kill himself when he loses love in his life.
>>
>>92989249

There are too many shitty relationships on TV that get a happy ending. There should be more shows where the husband isn't forgiven for the hundredth time.

That being said, I'll give you that Beth choosing Rick over Jerry after all the shit Rick put the family through is kind of shitty.
>>
>>92989418
In what ways?
>>
>>92989418
This. Rick's a self-deceiving trainwreck. The show's not perfect or anything but the character is at least given that extra layer.
>>
>>92989433
>There are too many shitty relationships on TV that get a happy ending. There should be more shows where the husband isn't forgiven for the hundredth time.
That would imply that Jerry's is the one purely in the wrong. Their relationship being shit was just as much the fault of Beth's cuntyness as it was Jerry's spinelessness.
>>
>>92989440
Prays to God when he believes he's going to die, returns to wounded pride when he knows he's safe. Treating Morty and Summer like shit throughout the first season then ending on a finale where he says he loves his grandkids so much. Telling Morty love isn't anything to get worked up over after breaking up with Unity, then immediately attempting suicide.
>>
>>92989414
>Edgy contrarian
Fuck off. I just don't like a Goddamn show, dude.

And no, don't tell me "opinion is fact". Anyone with any sort of fucking integrity would disagree with you.
>>92989418
>>92989443
But this is the kind of thing always done to this character because he's his self-loathing comes from self-awareness. Rick can shittalk himself and can give a near objective view of things despite his other faults because of his depression- this is a pretty consistent kind of character archetype.
>>
>>92989490
*because his
>>
>>92989490
>Fuck off. I just don't like a Goddamn show, dude.
Because its become really popular. Im sorry you're too obtuse to realize it. Dont worry, we all think you're this incredibly cultured guy with god tier tastes in shows.
>>
>>92989479
I unironically feel bad for Jerry. He reminds me of my dad if he wasn't a terrible person.
>>
>>92989528
>Because its become really popular.
Stop telling me what I think with zero evidence.
>you're too obtuse to realize it. Dont worry, we all think you're this incredibly cultured guy with god tier tastes in shows.
Why are you such a dick.
>>
>>92989528
I'm not him, but there are other reasons not to like the show. I'll tell you right now that enough Rick and Morty fans have lashed out so angrily against basic distaste for the show that it's starting to look like you guys need a helping hand.
>>
>>92989485
Cool, all of that is true.
The god thing really shows that deep down, all humans fear death. So that's a contradiction most of humanity has that isn't religious. Now, sure, someone might say "but I'm not religious, and I would NEVER pray to god before I die", and to them, they deserve all the praise and manliest guy alive rewards ever made, but even as someone not that religious myself, I do believe that deep down everyone wants death to be a door to a better place or life in some way. I do not think a atheist is a hypocrite if they say that want death to lead to something good or hopeful. I'd be more depressed in a atheist that were to actually believe that death leads to nothing, that's just a depressing idea to believe in, even if its the truth to them.

I remember him treating Morty pretty badly yeah, but Summer? I don't recall him being that mean to her. In fact, I barely remember most of their interactions. The finale was suppose to be character development. Him realizing that he loves his grandkids.

Well, I think what he had with Unity and what he believed Morty was getting into were different. When he says love, he means all the bad things that come with love, but for Rick, its really just someone he can hang with that can amuse him. I don't really call that love, feels more like a obsession.
>>
I think one of the biggest problems with Rick and Morty is that it's fans feel the need to constantly fellate and defend the show even though it repeatedly makes humor out of mocking the fans and taking everyone for a ride. The joke is that the show is retarded, who would stick around and get angry saying the show is great?
>>
File: caQ2K[1].jpg (204KB, 800x494px) Image search: [Google]
caQ2K[1].jpg
204KB, 800x494px
There is literally nothing wrong or edgy about nihilism
>>
File: smugjack.png (110KB, 254x314px) Image search: [Google]
smugjack.png
110KB, 254x314px
>>92989573
>posts low quality topic with no proper criticism and expects people to agree that a popular show is shit just because you dont like it
>get called out on simply being a contrarian
>"why r u so mean :( "

>>92989577
Sure there are, its just that the show has been more or less the same formula since the beginning. If you didnt like it then and still dont like it, fine. If you're a giant douche bag that wants to get on the "i liked it BEFORE it was mainstream" wagon like OP, piss off.
>>
>>92989629
>no proper criticism and expects people to agree that a popular show is shit just because you dont like it
Just repeating yourself.
>muh contrarian
Yeah, you're a cunt.
>"i liked it BEFORE it was mainstream"
Why are you still putting words in my mouth.

Man, if you want to ask why I think what I think, you can do it. I have enough content in my OP and my other posts for you to formulate at least an opening question.
>>
>>92989625
That's not nihilism if he believes there is right and wrong.
>>
>>92989577
>I'll tell you right now that enough Rick and Morty fans have lashed out so angrily against basic distaste for the show that it's starting to look like you guys need a helping hand

Really? I haven't been noticing this at all. Is it reaching "MLP obsession before the board" tier? Where people that came into MLP threads and disagreed would get swamped in replies?
>>
>>92988648
Rick isn't a hero to be admired, his nihilistic attitude is why he's so unhappy.
>>
>>92989625
Going on about it sure is pretentious as fuck though since it's such a simple idea that's treated as "i am so FUCKING enlightened
"

Where "just do your own thing man lol" turns into
>>92988997
>“Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV,” Harmon notes, “Knowing the truth, which is that nothing matters, can actually save you in those moments. Once you get through that terrifying threshold of accepting that, then every place is the center of the universe, and every moment is the most important moment, and everything is the meaning of life.”
>>
File: let me educate you.gif (171KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
let me educate you.gif
171KB, 267x199px
>>92989661
>I have enough content in my OP and my other posts for you to formulate at least an opening question.
No you dont, you just said its shit, listed some episodes/scenes without really describing the issue with them, and thought that was enough. Again, the show's been following the same formula, if you liked it then and dont like it now, you're just being a pretentious hipster. Im sorry the truth hurts buddy, maybe you should take a step back and reevaluate yourself.
>>
>>92989687
Rick is still self-aware enough to point out his flaws and provide a more worldly view due to his self-loathing and depression though.
>>
>>92989611
Sure but all of these are natural human reactions that Rick persistenty denies. The character likes to pretend he's above humanity and is the perfect soulless scientist but he basically revolves his every action around an avoidant contrarian reaction to what he naturally feels. Rick isn't cool or impressive, you'll notice that all he does is waste time until he dies, and occasionally experiences a moment of clarity where he admits anything at all matters to him. If anyone says the show's cool because Rick is a cool or impressive winner, then I don't know what to tell them.
>>
People really think that the show ries to make nihilism looks cool? Rick is an unhappy asshole.
Also, What's wrong with a show being pro-nihilism anyway? You can disagree with it, The show is 90% comedy and you shouldn't dislike everything else because the creators have a different point of view than you.
>>
>>92989622
>even though it repeatedly makes humor out of mocking the fans and taking everyone for a ride.

So just like South Park:
>Episode makes fun of the left
>"Ha! Take that! I knew South Park supported my ideology!"
>The very next episode makes fun of the right
>"S-south Park isn't funny anymore guys! It's just not good anymore, and why its still around I haven't a clue!"

Dunno about you, but I get the most enjoyment out of shows that make fun of all types of people. Shows that take no sides.
>>
>>92989706
>Going on about it
All I did was reply to OP. How was I "going on about it"?
>>
>>92989721
>If anyone says the show's cool because Rick is a cool or impressive winner, then I don't know what to tell them.

I dunno, reminds me of stuff like Code Geass's Lelouch, or Deathnote's Light Yagami, or even House's Dr. House. Asshole characters that contradict themselves a lot, but are just appealing in how smart they seem to be.

So I guess it boils down to the question, do you find smart or clever characters to be interesting all on their own? For me, I do, but I can understand why people that like the story would hate them, they are basically gary stu's then, characters written so everything always goes their way anyways. Well said anon.
>>
>>92989713
>Again, the show's been following the same formula, if you liked it then and dont like it now, you're just being a pretentious hipster
Anon, please.

I basically just liked it up into the sixth episode and really, the sixth episode was the one I liked more than mediocre. I didn't love the show but I do think there was a decline in quality.

I don't think you can tell me that the show didn't start to take itself more seriously or that really anything in season 2 was as tightly plotted or as much of an interesting (in a funny way) story and wasn't just "uh multiple universes inside of each other thats it" and again, "the purge". Really, I thought Rick and Morty would get a lot of leeway with its sci-fi jokes but it just seems to meddle a lot and have funny words. Generally, I didn't find Rick a very entertaining or interesting character and liked more of the stuff with Morty as the protag which seemed to decrease as well.

I didn't like the supporting cast which also added to my growing disinterest and the moments like Morty getting molested not being a joke and more of a "haha this reality lol" thing was weird and fucking dumb to me. And again, that kind of thing seemed to grow as the story started to become more centralized and serious alongside its growing focus on Rick.

Is that enough of an argument to make you think I'm a real human bean?
>>
>>92989754
I meant media that goes on about nihilism, not you, Anon.
>>
>>92989734
Absolutely, I'm just saying that unlike South Park, Rick and Morty has a certain number of anonymous fans who treat the show as sacred when the show itself holds nothing at all sacred, especially its self.
>>
>>92989788
>Light
>Crazy guy with god complex
>Dies like a fucking bitch, crying and yelling
>Gary stu
I'm not sure if House is one too.
>>
>>92988648
It ain't bad. But there is some underlying cancer somewhere in the show which I can't exactly grasp. Also saw some autists sperg out le Schezwan sauce XD. I don't even get what is so funny? Was it the dialog? Or is it a mental virus like fidget spinners? I dun ged I'd XD
>>
>>92989788
I definitely don't hold Rick in as high regard as those other characters, but I won't fuck with anyone who insists. I don't find Rick particularly smart because all his inventions are funny plot devices and he doesn't do anything but hurt everyone.
>>
>>92989799
>I don't think you can tell me that the show didn't start to take itself more seriously
>The first ep of S3 is literally 23 minutes of making fun of fans expecting sad backstories, complex plots and deep meaning.
>>
>>92989845
>I dun ged I'd XD
Don't die, Anon.
>>
>>92989862
That's a single episode, Anon. I generally saw a shift in tone, especially with the season endings and beginnings. I just do not give a shit about Rick at all.
>>
>>92989799
>"the purge"
What's wrong with that EP?
>>
>>92989799
>I don't think you can tell me that the show didn't start to take itself more seriously or that really anything in season 2 was as tightly plotted or as much of an interesting (in a funny way)
Dont be dense. The entire show's "drama" is rick being nihilistic, then showing he actually gives a shit, and just when you think he's gonna make a breakthrough, he hides it by playing it off in some elaborate way (morty just being there as a brain wave shield, for example). It was never meant to be some deep emotional show, it just acts like it for a while then robs you of it, because that's the gag. All while Morty becomes disillusioned with life, comically, at the same time.

The side cast is also consistent in their roles and how they interact with the general plot that revolves around r&m.
>>
>>92989881
It's the newest and biggest episode, and let's not act like it's not significant that the show is on TOTAL UNADDRESSED LONGFORM HIATUS leaving us with only this single new episode.
>>
>>92989851
Yeah, I can understand that, and that's true. As for hurting everyone, I prefer when he is hurting someone that deserves it. I really enjoyed the devil episode, cause it was funny to see a typical character that would usually completely dominate anything he appears in, to be ruined and fucked with by Rick, just cause he could. But yeah, I can understand why people would hate him, and that's fine.
>>
>>92989887
I just think it's kind of dumb. And really, it's something I bring up because of the "smart, witty comedy with all of these great concepts!" image some people have of Rick and Morty. It literally had an episode that was just the Purge.
>>92989888
I think that's less the show being self-aware and more the show being really bad at developing its conflicts and character development. It does get really sappy, even as a joke, that's something I can't really tolerate.

Yeah, I just really don't like Summer, Jerry, or Beth.
>>92989913
Alright, Anon, I still don't think that aspect of the show is completely in jest though.
>>
>>92989887
It tried to be edgy and fell flat for me.
>>
>>92989845
Yes, it was the dialog. The appeal is that apparently most of Rick's dialogue is done by improv, so to some the speed can be impressive. Imagine taking the micro machines guy, and putting him in a show, and all of his dialog he has to make up for the situation on the fly, while still talking as fast as he did in the commercials. Would be funny, amusing, surprising, all at the same time.

And also, well, I honestly didn't know about that schezwan sauce, and it made me hungry and wish to try some with some chicken, but you know, its not made anymore so oh well.
>>
>>92989972
It's teriyaki sauce, Anon. You can buy teriyaki sauce in any grocery store. Check the "multicultural" sections.
>>
>>92989951
I think the entire character is in jest, except for some basic denial of love for his family. At this point, with them not having a prepared idea for a new episode, I don't believe they have a plan for the character besides humor.
>>
>>92989997
Oh hell, then nevermind my mistake, thanks anon.
>>
>>92989951
>I think that's less the show being self-aware
You can think that, but you'd be wrong. Shows set these things up all the time, R&M's gag is setting you up for a cliche satisfactory emotional breakthrough and then shitting on it, because its a comedy on fucking adult swim. If you dont like that premise, thats ok, but dont say its quality went down hill when it was really following its premise.

You might as well go to /a/ and complain about Saitama from OPM resolving fights too easily. You'd get called a retard for missing the point.
>>
>>92989951
>It literally had an episode that was just the Purge.
So, Every ep is a parody of somethin, Dan harmon can't make an EP of something without naming a movie, Have you seen Community?
When people says "great concepts" they're talking about the plot of chapter of the week, But the magic-science stuff that rick does and a lot of them are really original.
Also, that ep had legit better writting and used the concept better than the actual movie. Not very hard tho.
>>
>show is good but too overhyped
>fanbase is too shit
>"only redditfags like this show" meme becomes.... I mean was always annoying
>show is still good (but not as good as everybody say it is)
>>
>>92989625
There's not. It's the people that get a 10 minute gloss over it and fall in love with themselves and how enlightened they are because they're starting to be challenged a bit for the first time in their lives that end up being the problem.
>>
>>92990000
Well, that'd be better if you're right. I still don't think it was executed very well. Maybe if they clean that kind of stuff up, I might check it out again but meh, there's still stuff I don't like.
>>92990010
I don't know why you're so deadset on this, Anon. I haven't seen anyone else say this.

And devil's advocate here but the "entire point" of something can be really dumb on its own. >>92990025
I respectfully disagree.
>>
>>92990010
People who think this show is meant to be 'followed' are fucking marks and both the writers and the rest of the audience are laughing at them.
>>
>>92990018
Well, again, like I said, I think a lot of concepts are wasted when that's something the show is praised for. Not much to elaborate on desu.
>>
How the fuck are there so many people who think that you're meant to agree with Rick? It gives me a fucking aneurysm every time I see someone link a video of a Rick monologue as if it's supposed to help prove their point.
>>
>>92990039
>I don't know why you're so deadset on this, Anon. I haven't seen anyone else say this.
Half this thread is talking about rick's hypocrisy. Its a comedy. Crazy uncle rick does some wild shit, contradicts himself, goes on the verge of emotional progress, then resets like nothing happened. You're not supposed to be vested deeply in character development, just enjoy (or dont) the different episodes and adventures.
>>
>>92990096
People think that if "x cartoon main character" says something you're always supposed to agree with him.
>>
>>92990039
You're being made a fool of. I don't know what the difference between you and me is, but if you got emotionally invested in this show you got played on purpose for a gag. I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>92990127
simply this
>>
>>92990127
>Half this thread is talking about rick's hypocrisy.
Which you don't think can be a serious element?
>>92990132
>emotionally invested in this show
I didn't, lol. I just didn't give a shit about Rick. I just thought it was getting too serious. http://gizmodo.com/rick-and-morty-creator-wants-to-entertain-with-tact-no-1563127976 Stuff like this doesn't help my perception of how the writers treat the show.
>>
>>92990096
>>92990128
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vly054Mbcmo How do you explain this then?
>>
>>92990096
Its one of those things normie social idiots are amazed by, when anyone with half a brain already knows about it. Other examples like this:

>You: "Did you know that, even if people may look down on you for something, its just a opinion that can only hurt you if you let it?"
>Normie: "WOAH HOLY SHIT DUDE YOU BLEW MY MIND NO WAY!"
>You: "Or that you should treat people like you would want them to treat you?"
>Normie: "STOP DUDE MY HEAD HURTS! I CANNOT BELIEVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT MYSELF!"

There's a reason why pure flix films gain tens of millions of dollars a release. Because a majority of people are stupid.
>>
>>92990170
>Which you don't think can be a serious element?
no, because its part of the gag. I dont know how else to explain it to you. Its a simple formula, if you dont get it, you're just not into TV or film because these setups are easily recognizable.
>>
>>92990170
>http://gizmodo.com/rick-and-morty-creator-wants-to-entertain-with-tact-no-1563127976
Obviously the rape scene was the most mature thing they did in the show and was handled respectfully for what it was, at the same time scenes like this next to comedy, coupled with the apparent inability to release new episodes demonstrate that the show is incredibly sporadic and wounded by its inability to create new content.
>>
>>92990054
It's your fault for expecting "expantion" for some gag magical-scientifict machine from a comedy show.
It gets praise because is a funny original concept like Mr meeseks you don't have to make a book about it and try to make it look complex.
>>
>>92990223
Yeah, I really don't watch much TV and film but that does seem like something that could be a "tragic" sort of thing.

Whatever, Anon, we disagree on a ton of stuff.
>>
>>92990218
Reminds me of my dumbass old roommate who would bring up Stalin's purges to sound educated like nobody's ever heard of them.
>>
>>92990237
>It gets praise because is a funny original concept like Mr meeseks
I just didn't think they were particularly original or smart or whatever as other people say. Yaddayaddayadda.
>>
>>92990235
Well, I just thought that was sort of indicative of how the writers think. If you don't agree, then I don't know what to say.
>>
>>92990256
EXACTLY! Yes, just like that, idiots hear stuff that should just be basic common sense, and act like its the second coming of jesus or something. But its not amazing advice, its just basic stuff that they lack because they are idiots.

The same kind of people watch CNN or Fox News and take everything they say as fact.
The same kind of people probably watch stuff like toddlers in tiara's or TMZ, or jersey shore, and take it as important information.
>>
>>92990277
For sure it shows how they think, for a second at least. Re-watching season one compared to season two really shows off how often the show shifts in direction and tone. Again, it's very funny comedy, but it's sporadic and the whole point of the show can change to revolve around an emotional moment or a cruel gag.
>>
>>92990264
Idk, I never saw something like the Mr meesek concept or the multi dimentional tv episode, If you know something similar tell me please.
>>
>>92988648
Go home Jerry
>>
>>92990329
I don't even get this one.
>>
>>92990315
Well, I'm at a loss of words, Anon. I guess I just disagree. I'm glad you stopped dismissing and insulting me though.
>>92990325
I really liked Xavier: Renegade Angel. One of the most creative and clever comedy shows I've ever seen though the quality varies a bit. Not exactly like the stuff in Rick and Morty but the bends in logic were really clever to me.
>>
>>92990356
>. I'm glad you stopped dismissing and insulting me though.
That's a different poster, im still gonna call you a faggot
>>
>>92990380
>im still gonna call you a faggot
But.... why....? ;_;
>>
>This thread

>>92990356
OP, you sound like a Tumblrina.
>>
>>92990391
>OP, you sound like a Tumblrina.
Why do you think that?
>>
>>92990397
>I'm glad you stopped dismissing and insulting me though.
Is this your first day in 4chan?
>>
>>92990418
Nah, I just appreciated the sentiment (if it was true.) The fact that it doesn't happen often here makes it more of a special thing.
>>
>>92990356
Yeah I never insulted you
>>
>>92990541
Well, I'm glad you stopped calling me an "edgy contrarian" then.
>>
>>92990566
not me
>>
>>92990566
Not him, me. Faggot.
>>
>>92990584
Oh, alright, I guess that guy just left when I actually gave an argument.
>>92990590
Oh..... Nevermind... :(
>>
>>92990598
So do you have a reasoning why you believe this show is a progressive character study on Rick?
>>
>>92990648
Not really, Anon, but I don't really care all that much. Just seems like the writers take it kind of seriously.

I didn't find the show very funny anyway.
>>
>>92988648
Rick is meant to be edgy. The nihilism is a result of his fucked up life. Roiland doesn't actually agree with his character. Do you think people only ever write characters as self-inserts?
>>
>>92990694
I'm not going to explain myself a third time; just know that I love you, Anon.
>>
>>92988764
Holy Aspergers
>>
>>92990731
It was a joke.
>>
>>92990668
I know what you mean, but the writers were replaced and there hasn't been a new episode for nearly half a year.
>>
>>92990903
Well, I really don't find find the new episodes funny.
>>
What I hate is that every episode goes like this:

>"hey Morty"
>audience begins to audibly chuckle
>"aw geez, what's up Rick?"
>audience is holding back the uproarious applause, as several people are screaming from their inability to hold in their humor
>"god isn't real"
>the audience explodes into a fiery laughing fit, as a pregnant woman gives birth to 7 children who then go on to serve their dark master, the shogon of sorrow
>"wubalubadubdub!"
>the earth splits open as the ancient divine scrolls open up, unleashing armageddon on earth and decimating mankind, leaving nothing but extinction in the wake of the 4 horsemen who follow through from the rift
>>
File: ExtraThicc_1.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
ExtraThicc_1.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>92991032
>7 children who then go on to serve their dark master, the shogun of sorrow
Good one anon
>>
>>92991032
>"L-Le s-s-stuttering is funny..."
Well, that's more of his VR game but still.
>>
>>92988889
almost close
>>>/pol/
>>
>>92988648
The thing that makes me the most angry about this show is the fucking Nihilismlite shit they've got going on.
They just water down the whole existential horror into "ohhh isn't this kooky and depressing?"
The issue is primarily that they fundamentally lack any understanding of actual nihilist or absurdist principle, there's a superficial understanding of "Nothing matters" or a lack of meaning inherent within existance but there's nothing beyond that.
The reasoning, implications or structure of meaninglessness is never adressed, so you end up with a hollow nihilism. One that is used superficially, and to excuse the bahaviour of the characters, yet with no thought or basis behind it.

tl;dr Justin and Dan have not read Jean Paul Sartre or Soren Kierkeguaard and they should fuck off and die because of that.
>>
>>92988648
I like the show but I've never had any urge or desire to rewatch an episode.
>>
>Entire message of the show is that nihilism sucks and it turns you into an unloved loser
>Rick isn't any form of role model, but rather a warning message for why this kind of existentialism is neither healthy nor wanted
>He's sad despite his intelligence, and being smart does not fulfill basic human needs of companionship
>This goes over literally everyone's head
>Reddit attaches themselves to Rick's nihilism and try to mimic the exact thing he's meant to be a parody of
>Rick, the guy who breaks down when he's about to die and starts praying
>Rick, who's only happy when he's bonding with Morty

The fact that so many people miss the blatant message is kind of funny, honestly
>>
>All these butthurt autismos complaining about a show they don't understand

It's an animated comedy show, not a treatise on philosophy.
>>
>>92991217
>>Entire message of the show is that nihilism sucks and it turns you into an unloved loser
>>92988997
Yeah, OK.
>>92991221
2deep5me.
>>
>>92989799
>and the moments like Morty getting molested not being a joke and more of a "haha this reality lol" thing was weird and fucking dumb to me

Man you have really really really bad taste in entertainment dude, you wanted the jellybean rape scene to be a joke? It's like you don't understand what this show is about at all
>>
>>92991247
>you wanted the jellybean rape scene to be a joke?
Not what I mean.
>you don't get it maaaaaaaan
What is there to get, I just thought it was dumb.
>>
>>92989845
>I don't even get what is so funny?
kek at your level of retardation, it's really not that hard to understand anon
>>
God, Rick and Morty fags are defensive.
>>
File: fidel.jpg (44KB, 468x484px) Image search: [Google]
fidel.jpg
44KB, 468x484px
>>92991258
>Not what I mean.
>moments like Morty getting molested not being a joke
So what did you mean then?

>What is there to get
The universe is a scary place, it's not just filled with happy adventures and good times and bad things might come from completely unexpected places. We expect things to go relatively well for morty, because years of watching tv and cartoons have embedded a bunch of narrative expectations in our heads, the whole episode is about subverting those expectations to show the realness and absurdism of the world that R&M live in. Morty almost gets raped by a giant jellybean in the bathroom of a tavern in the side of a giant staircase and it feels real and uncomfortable and weird, suddenly the facade of pretty colors and goofy character design comes crashing down and we get shown the ugly face of reality
>>
>>92991403
>So what did you mean then?
Doesn't mean I wanted it to be a joke, but it makes more sense.
>The universe is a scary place, it's not just filled with happy adventures and good times and bad things might happen
All you needed to say, and yeah, I knew that and that's really pretentious and dumb. So it doesn't justify it. Wowee, so shocking and jarring! Woaaaaaaaaah. Not like it has any real narrative weight to it anyway, it's like an emotional gimmick.
>>
File: Sadcat.jpg (79KB, 462x462px) Image search: [Google]
Sadcat.jpg
79KB, 462x462px
>>92988648
>Nihilism is a cool and comforting ideology

Nah. It's just a cartoon OP. It's just a show that's meant to entertain first and foremost, not to offer some deep philosophical look at the human condition. Some shows might be, but Rick and Morty? Nah, not so much.

All the nihilism in the show is just part of the joke. Over the top bleakness as a recurring theme of a comedy show.
>>
>>92991434
> but it makes more sense.
the fact that you think that shows that you don't get it man, how could you even think that that moment would play off well as a joke? the whole point of that scene is that it's absolutely not funny.

Not saying it's the greatest narrative decision of all time, but it's certainly a more interesting direction to go than "haha lol rape xD" or "haha jokes"

>that's really pretentious and dumb
Oh I'm sorry mister too sophisticated for rape in my sci-fi cartoons. How is it pretentious exactly? What is pretentious about depicting the world how you see it? and how is it dumb? what would have been a more intelligent approach for the show to make?
>Wowee, so shocking and jarring! Woaaaaaaaaah
Are you 5 years old?
>Not like it has any real narrative weight to it anyway, it's like an emotional gimmick.
It's an episodic 20 minute comedy cartoon show, it doesn't go that deep, it just presents some interesting narratives and ideas, which the audience is free to discuss at a later time. People like it because it goes deeper than the average cartoon, but that doesn't mean it's some kind of beacon of well motivated character development and emotional investments
>>
>>92988648
Because it ran with the "lol, Rick so op an don't give a fuck 5ever" shtick instead of trying to do a story. Basically, it pulled a family guy. Jokes > Continuity.
>>
>>92991544

>the fact that you think that shows that you don't get it man, how could you even think that that moment would play off well as a joke? the whole point of that scene is that it's absolutely not funny.
I do "get" it, I just don't respect the concept at all, especially, in a serial comedy series (which you mention later on.)
>certainly a more interesting direction to go than "haha lol rape xD" or "haha jokes"
Not really because it's not that interesting at all. "haha jarring drama" is about as interesting as "haha jarring comedy"
>How is it pretentious exactly? What is pretentious about depicting the world how you see it?
Really serves no larger purpose than to shock, yeah, but with a head-up-ass justification for it.
>what would have been a more intelligent approach for the show to make?
Not doing it at all.
>Are you 5 years old?
Yes.
>It's an episodic 20 minute comedy cartoon show, it doesn't go that deep, it just presents some interesting narratives and ideas, which the audience is free to discuss at a later time. People like it because it goes deeper than the average cartoon, but that doesn't mean it's some kind of beacon of well motivated character development and emotional investments
OK, so it's a gimmick. It's entire purpose is to be jarring and then that's it. That's stupid and I have no respect for shit like that. Just because it subverts expectations, it doesn't make it good.
>>
>>92991580
>I just don't respect the concept at all
That's dumb and pretentious
>especially, in a serial comedy series
that's even dumber and more pretentious
>Really serves no larger purpose than to shock
That's not what pretentious means
>but with a head-up-ass justification for it.
I disagree, I think the justification is perfectly fine, what's your problem with shock and absurdism?

>Not doing it at all.
I guess the most intelligent decision would have been to make no show at all, which is why you're such a sophisticated intelligent man, no?
>That's stupid and I have no respect for shit like that
Jesus christ dude lighten up, nobody gives a flying fuck what you "respect", rick and morty is a silly show which touches on the darker aspects of life from time to time, but doesn't spend entire seasons wallowing in it.

>OK, so it's a gimmick. It's entire purpose is to be jarring and then that's it
Why does everything have to be so black and white for autists? That's not it, it's a small part of the overall image of the show, everything builds of previous moments and then get's incorporated again later
>>
>>92991686
>That's dumb and pretentious
Thanks.
>That's not what pretentious means
I know that, saying that to me was really dumb and pretentious.
>what's your problem with shock and absurdism?
Mindless self-indulgence.
>which is why you're such a sophisticated intelligent man, no?
Don't start with this kind of shit.
>nobody gives a flying fuck what you "respect"
I'm don't have my head up my ass, it's not a huge deal to say "respect"- just replace it with "like". And you to some degree, obviously care a bit about my opinions. I don't think it was necessary to touch on dark elements.
>Why does everything have to be so black and white for autists?
Stop cyberbullying me. That's not exactly a "black/white" dichotomy either.
>That's not it
Yes, it is.
>it's a small part of the overall image of the show,
Of course it does, that's why it's "lol jarring" but that's the extent.
>everything builds of previous moments and then get's incorporated again later
Bit of an exaggeration of a really minor element but whatever.
>>
>>92991723
*I don't
>>
>>92991723

>Mindless self-indulgence.
nothing wrong with that necessarily

> it's not a huge deal to say "respect"- just replace it with "like"
Respect and like have very different implications, if you had said like I wouldn't have given a fuck, but with the respect shit it immediately makes you seem like a pretentious douchebag

>I don't think it was necessary to touch on dark elements.
That's the show though

>Stop cyberbullying me.
I will not you faggot ass bitch kys

>That's not exactly a "black/white" dichotomy either.
>It's entire purpose is to be jarring and then that's it
>this scene is this one thing that I say and nothing else
seems like a pretty black and white worldview to me.
>Yes, it is.
no, it's not
>>
>>92991868
>nothing wrong with that necessarily
I disagree.
>if you had said like I wouldn't have given a fuck, but with the respect shit it immediately makes you seem like a pretentious douchebag
I'm sorry about that. It's a bit hard to express the exact feeling I get about it, but I guess I just don't "respect" the risk of making such a divisive shift in tone just for the sake of it. That's a big pet peeve of mine.
>That's the show though
I don't like that part of it, unfortunately.
>I will not you faggot ass bitch kys
:(
>seems like a pretty black and white worldview to me.
Not really, I'm just being kind of obstinate about my opinion. Which is a bit silly but that's not really a black and white world view.
>no, it's not
Pretty please?
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.png (1MB, 1280x1684px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.png
1MB, 1280x1684px
>implying the show is about nihilism

Fuck off you retarded cunt.
>>
>>92991923
>Implying it isn't.
>>
>>92991907
>I guess I just don't "respect" the risk of making such a divisive shift in tone just for the sake of it.
But it's not really like that, it's to express the larger nihilistic and absurdist ideas behind the show, which with the pointlessness that is central to nihilism, may seem just for the sake of it I guess, but I like that, that's life

>That's a big pet peeve of mine.
Fair enough I suppose, though I find pet peeves to be kind infuriating in their own right, like just be open to different ways of story telling idk

>I don't like that part of it, unfortunately.
your loss

>Which is a bit silly but that's not really a black and white world view.
Sure, but things can have multiple meanings, purposes and interpretations is what I mean, saying "ahh it's just for shock and nothing else" misrepresents the whole premise of the show
>>
>>92991929
You're fucking retarded. If anything, the show is vehemently AGAINST nihilism.

Fucking learn some philosophy before you fucking talk shit. Don't you have your moms tit to suckle on, you mongoloid?
>>
>>92992007
>may seem just for the sake of it I guess, but I like that, that's life
Again, that's silly.
>I find pet peeves to be kind infuriating in their own right, like just be open to different ways of story telling idk
Open enough, I just have developed tastes.
>your loss
Not exactly.
>saying "ahh it's just for shock and nothing else" misrepresents the whole premise of the show
I mean, that basically is just a reductive way of putting it. It's a tonal shift that's meant to be jarring and doesn't really have any direct purpose- which, again, is kind of jarring. "thats life man..." can be used to justify a ton of stuff but I think it's the kind of thing that borders on being a non-point just meant to justify a story doing whatever it wants. And that's fine, if that's what it is, but I won't take it seriously at all.
>>92992036
Why are you mad and also wrong.
>>
File: logan.jpg (46KB, 1024x628px) Image search: [Google]
logan.jpg
46KB, 1024x628px
Fucking summer.
>>
>>92992119
What about this is summer.
>>
>>92992124
Mainly yourself you massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>92992141
What about myself, the massive fucking faggot.
>>
>>92992119
But it has always been shit like this.

Summer, autumn, winter, spring. It doesn't matter. This is how things are.
>>
>>92992160
Yeah, this thread is complete shit for completely undefined reasons.
>>
>>92992173
Mainly retarded fagboy 12-year olds that don't understand philosophy, and certainly are completely unable to determine the message of a cartoon for teens.
>>
>>92992060
>Again, that's silly.
I disagree
>I just have developed tastes.
You really don't my man, you just have a taste, like everyone else, I personally think your taste is rather underdeveloped or too influenced by petpeeves, seeing as you write entire categories of storytelling off because "for the sake of it" or "too sudden"

> that's meant to be jarring
> doesn't really have any direct purpose
> which, again, is kind of jarring

I like how you contradict yourself three times in one sentence

>but I won't take it seriously at all.
you're no meant to, as you might recall morty was almost raped by a giant jellybean, it's not a serious show
>>
>>92992207
Wait, you? Haha, see what I did there? I bet you didn't because you're autistic.
>>
>>92992220
>ou really don't my man, you just have a taste, like everyone else,
No, I mean that I have developed into my own tastes. I didn't mean they were any better than anyone else's.
>I like how you contradict yourself three times in one sentence
Thanks, I just really fucked up the wording there.
>you're no meant to, as you might recall morty was almost raped by a giant jellybean, it's not a serious show
Again, I just generally don't like the thing no matter what the context.
>>
>>92992254
>No, I mean that I have developed into my own tastes. I didn't mean they were any better than anyone else's.
You sure made it seem like that was what you meant but whatever
>I just generally don't like the thing no matter what the context.
Doesn't look very open to me
I don't like happy sappy power of friendship stuff, but that doesn't mean I think it's bad by mere virtue of what it is, just that it isn't done right that often. Your solution to fix the scene is to not do it at all, which in my opinion indicates that you're very close minded
>>
>>92992422
>You sure made it seem like that was what you meant but whatever
No, I honestly didn't- that's why I preceded it with "open enough", I'm sorry if you took it that way though.
>Doesn't look very open to me
I don't like happy sappy power of friendship stuff, but that doesn't mean I think it's bad by mere virtue of what it is, just that it isn't done right that often
Well, I did say "generally", Anon.
>Your solution to fix the scene is to not do it at all, which in my opinion indicates that you're very close minded
I really just can't think of anything right now, I don't particularly know how to do it in the context of "Rick and Morty" and I don't really want to play around with or think about a writing element I'm not too fond of. I guess you could say that's a bit close-minded but eh, just kind of tired right now.
>>
>>92992461
>No, I honestly didn't- that's why I preceded it with "open enough", I'm sorry if you took it that way though.
you're very apologetic anon, there's no need for that here

So basically what this long ass discussion boils down to is that you don't like rape, so much so that you prefer to not even write the word rape out. I mean fair enough if you don't like darker stuff in media, but to me that just makes you kind of a lame person, with too many biases.
Just to satisfy my curiosity, what's your favorite current cartoon?
>>
>>92992557
>So basically what this long ass discussion boils down to is that you don't like rape, so much so that you prefer to not even write the word rape out. I mean fair enough if you don't like darker stuff in media, but to me that just makes you kind of a lame person, with too many biases.
It's not a rape thing, just a tone thing.

I don't know. I don't really watch TV much anymore. Maybe the Venture Brothers.
>>
>>92988719
>I don't like something
>Must be shit

Nice edge bro
>>
>>92992792
>Nice edge bro
>Thinking something you don't like is shit is edgy
>??????????????
Oh, you guys.
>>
>>92988648
It's because people have given up, we resign ourselves to nihilism because hope became a meme. R&M has good, even great moments but so much of it is predicated on it hammering down its message that we're all awful and should just accept the fact that nothing will ever change that, if a veritable god who has proven himself to be a universal constant is fine with being a shitty drunk and abusive parent than what the fuck can you do? Nihilism isnt deep it's fact, the denial of that fact is what causes the great and terrible events that pushed humanity ever forward but we refuse to believe in each other anymore resigning to be our worst selves, to our selves and each other. I can't blame a decent cartoon for all of this shit but that's why I don't like it as much as normies do.
>>
>>92992557
>>92992781
Also, I'm going to take a nap, Anon. I admit this thread is pretty garbage though and I regret making this trash. I'm sorry.
>>
>>92992830
The whole message of Rick & Morty is that nihilism isn't the answer. Existentialism is the answer. Nothing fucking matters, and that's okay. Just sit on the couch and go watch TV with your little brother, because family and friends is all you have.
>>
File: Pic Related?.png (328KB, 303x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pic Related?.png
328KB, 303x500px
>>92992803
Who hurt you. Keep your subjective opinions to yourself if you can't tolerate the same from others you fucking mongoloidal hypocrite.
>>
>>92989528
Faggots like you make people hate the show and the fanbase even more.
"RICK AND MORTY IS AN AMAZING SHOW IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOURE JUST BEING AN EDGY HIPSTER"
Dude get over yourself.
>>
>>92992830
Hope didnt become a meme, you just let other people think that way for you.
>>
>>92994980
but you literally are a huge fucking retard who thinks his contrarian opinion is somehow much more valid
>>
>>92989045
>4chan is on Adult Swim?
I am screaming in your face.
>>
>>92989625
Nihilism is the philosophy of: acknowledging that there is any value or meaning to existence.
One would have to deny any meaning and assign no value to anything to be a true nihilist.
>>
File: n8umjWj.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
n8umjWj.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>92988719
>>92988648
>I have a strong opinion on "nihilism" (in quotes because you don't know what it really is)
>but I don't care about your pseudo-intellectual semantics
>>
Nihilism is babies first existential crisis.
>>
>>92989249
>they always came off as pretentious soapbox bullshit

You mean his borderline one off lines that always paint him out in a negative light? I have no idea where people are getting the idea that this show is preachy when all of these people are assholes and emotional fuck ups, so I have NO idea why anyone would take anything they say seriously or to the heart.
>b-but the fanbase
>>
File: 1473623320318.jpg (77KB, 599x680px) Image search: [Google]
1473623320318.jpg
77KB, 599x680px
illiterate retards nihilism is literally just a word for disbelief of another philosophy. it means nothing if you don't specify.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1472676124235.jpg (36KB, 480x764px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1472676124235.jpg
36KB, 480x764px
>*cracks open Mountain Dew*
>*sips*
>*adjusts MAGA hat*
>"Well, time to post it again!"
>>
Rick and Morty isn't nihilist. My god how did you people make it through school with comprehension skills like this. Rick cares enough about Morty to protect him and to murder his attempted rapist, but claims he only keeps him around to be safe from the feds. Rick turns himself in to help his family but later claims it was an elaborate plot. Rick gets caught off gaurd by Jerry leaving but later claims he planned that too. Rick clings to this big fake story about being a cynical plotter because he's too afraid to care about people. Rick isn't a nihilist because he's smart, he's a nihilist because he's a coward. The show is clearly going for a "find meaning in the people of your life" thing. Its the Bojack of sad wannabe intellectuals
>>
>>92989216
>presents valid point
>LOL EX DEE NICE EDGE BRO HAHA, WHY SO EDGY LITTLE GUY? LOL MAN, WHAT AN EDGY EDGE EDGE EDGE!
>>
>>92992119
>fucking summer
>fucking Summer
Objectively the best waifu. I demand Summer cheesecake

but for real, nothing about this is summerfaggy. /co/ is always pretty argumentative and contrarian. /b/ is the board that suffers the most from summerfaggotry
>>
>>92995839
"Hope is a ration." - Huey Freeman
>>
File: 1496291460870.jpg (80KB, 635x634px) Image search: [Google]
1496291460870.jpg
80KB, 635x634px
>>92988648

I was apathetic to this show at first despite my friends telling me how great it was, watched the first 2 seasons and was unimpressed. Now I'm learning to hate it because the fandom is getting to be really fucking obnoxious.
>>
File: 1441413522247.gif (1018KB, 500x265px) Image search: [Google]
1441413522247.gif
1018KB, 500x265px
>>92988648
>all this projection
>didn't even bother to find out if the creators actually feel that way about the universe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCxUFHsSuCs

also
>really bad improv
Oh my fucking lord, is it jealousy?
Because the improv is top shelf improv, they just use the usual silly words they spitball around cleverly because, hey, aliens and alternate universes and shit. Words probably don't work the same as they do in this universe or this dimension.
>>
File: 1496440707797.png (170KB, 206x358px) Image search: [Google]
1496440707797.png
170KB, 206x358px
>>92998368
>>
>>92988648
Maybe because the formula you described is better suited to short cartoons on the internet where people's attention spans force them to consume shit. Once you stretch that out into three seasons on tv it can't hold up.

Also thank you for mentioning the improv is bad. It's so blatantly unfunny it sticks out among all the other dialogue and comes off as lazy and slapped together at the last minute.
>>
>>92998368
>top shelf improv

Have you ever been to an improv show before? Because that feels insulting to the art form

As someone who does like the show enough the weakest episodes are flat out the improv ones, they feel like a fucking let's play. I'd also be willing to give the first one a pass for being relatively creative but the moment we got a second one I realized it just came from Harmon not getting wanting to finish a script, a writer joking that they should just bullshit the whole thing and then proceeding to do just that. So now we'll get one every season like clock work.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.