[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see another MAX run from Ennis? I just finished

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

File: 1745753-garth_enn2.jpg (626KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1745753-garth_enn2.jpg
626KB, 800x1200px
Will we ever see another MAX run from Ennis?

I just finished his whole Punisher run and now feel empty on the inside.
>>
>>92987951
There's supposed to be another Vietnam War-era story he's doing with Parlov, but no one knows when that'll be out.
>>
>>92987951
Read Fury my war gone by.

You will die inside.
>>
>>92987999
is Parlov secretly one of the best artists today?
>>
MAX on nu-marlel
Kek unless bloody tampons is the edgiest shit you can get on 2017 MAX then why bother
>>
Explain his total disdain for capes outside of Superman to me
>>
>>92989267
He grew up on 2000 A.D. and war comics.
>>
>>92989053
It's not a secret
>>
>>92989304
this, ennis grew up on non-cape comics

he loves superman though because a) he's the ultimate immigrant story and ennis is irish and sees the ideal america in superman and i suspect b) superman is the original and ennis and ennis can respect the original granddaddy concept
>>
>>92987951
Ennis ran out of ideas and MAX Punisher was killed off.
>>
File: f44222565a5d6c9e352c532148c73c1d.jpg (649KB, 1074x1650px) Image search: [Google]
f44222565a5d6c9e352c532148c73c1d.jpg
649KB, 1074x1650px
Who else would even be a good fit for Ennis, other than Fury and Punisher?

Although I bet he could do a pretty good comedic series about Wolverine. To be honest, there's a rich vein of untapped comedy with that character that I've only barely seen touched on in that Wolver & Kitty Pryde series.

He's a hirsute unkillable midget with a hair trigger temper who's over a hundred years old. That shit is funny. That's basically a Looney Tunes character.
>>
>>92990220
I don't know why but I feel like he could do a good Ben Grimm story
>>
>>92990217
Aaron did that, not Ennis
>>
File: wolvbeer.jpg (132KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
wolvbeer.jpg
132KB, 800x627px
>>92990220
That sounds like a good fit, but I don't think Ennis is very fond of ol' Sniktbub.
>>
>>92987951
Have they even released a new MAX title since Fantomex in 2013?

They have Ant-Man MAX sitting there which is supposedly complete but unreleased...apparently Hank gets to do some butt-fucking during the the story.
>>
>>92989176
This, Marvel will never do another MAX title. Hell, they even censored Jessica Jones so it wouldn't be a MAX title.
>>
>>92990428
No, the imprint is dead outside of reprints. The last titles were Fantomex, Wolverine, and My War Gone By.

The Punisher show will maybe get them to release the Ennis/Parlov prequel, like how the Luke Cage show finally got Genndy's Cage out.
>>
>>92990578
you mean Born, the thing that already exists?
>>
>>92990586

They were talking ANOTHER vietnam story you fucken non previous post reading mother fucken faggot.
>>
>>92990682
gee do you think maybe the reason they never went through with it is because Ennis had already done something like that

here's how I imagine the conversation went
>Oi Goran my lad, I got a braw idea for a noo Poonisher stoory
>alright Garth hit me
>it's a Poonisher prequel, aye, set in Vietnam. All aboot hoo he goot his whole mission to kill the baddies, aye
>didn't you already do that with Born?
>Fook me, mate, you're right. Well, back tae the wee drawing board, so tae speak.
I have no idea how to phoneticize an Irish accent

or even really how the Irish speak.
I feel like they say cunt a lot
>>
>>92990725

can you make more posts as an irishman. This is one of my favourite things since gizoogle
>>
>>92990725
You forgot the obligatory potato mention
>>
>>92990860
>Oi Darick, Oi've got a gran oidea for a comic
>alright Garth hit me
>ok so there's superheroes yeah, yoor basic Joostice League, X-men, all tha sorta pastiche-y type cunts
>ok
>and the main characters are this braw gang of lads (and one lassie) and they stop the sooperheroes from being coonts
>ok so what's the gimmick
>the sooperheroes are all coonts so the group of lads (and one lassie) basically joost have tae kill 'em all
>Garth I feel like you've walked in this territory before
>aye mebbe, but have Oi doon it with a lad what looks like Simon Pegg?
>Garth, this is why the people love you.
>>
>>92987999
parlov finsihed the art so it can't be that long
>>
>>92991054
>parlov finsihed the art so it can't be that long

It'll probably be released in November alongside the Punisher Netflix show.
>>
>>92990428
They haven't, unless you count Where Monsters Dwell (since it's got Ennis' version of the Phantom Eagle in it)
>>
>>92990220
I think Ennis would be good for the solo stories in-between the team events. Like the stories where he tracks down people smugglers and crazy cult kidnappers, stuff like that.
>>
>>92989304
>>92990148
He's also responsible for Judge Dredd going through a writing meltdown as he gutted a far-reaching storyline to suit his own political ideology. Forcing the original writer to come back.
>>
>>92990725
>hey Goran me lad, Oi got a deadly idea for a new Ponisher sceal
>it's a ponisher prequel, aye, set in vietnam. al' aboyt 'oy yer man got 'is whole mission ter kill de baddies, aye
>feck me, mucker, you're roi. well, back ter de drawin' board, so ter spake.
>>
>>92990725
You forgot to give Parlov a stereotypical Slavic accent.
>>
>>92990725
>>92990586
The Platoon is about Frank Castle's first tour of duty in Vietnam. Born is about his third.
>>
Kitchen Irish was crap. Does it get better?
>>
>>92987951
He is out of toch.

Instead I hope we can see a Punisher dealing with social issues.
>>
>>92991936
>Instead I hope we can see a Punisher dealing with social issues
Like what?
>>
>>92991936
I would love a mini of Punisher trying to solve social issues with a gun and being really confused when its not working
>Frank, we can't pay for little Cindy's cancer treatment
>I'll shoot her, problem solved
>>
>>92987951
>still no rip for volume 4
>>
File: cassidy%2Bfabry.jpg (97KB, 554x473px) Image search: [Google]
cassidy%2Bfabry.jpg
97KB, 554x473px
>>92990220
>He's a hirsute unkillable midget with a hair trigger temper who's over a hundred years old.
So Cassidy?
>>
Ennis shock stories doesnt work in 2017 anymore
>>
>>92993183
I don't remember Cassidy being particularly hairy or short
>>
File: SJ Frank.jpg (2MB, 1200x3748px) Image search: [Google]
SJ Frank.jpg
2MB, 1200x3748px
>>92991936
>>
>>92991924
yes

although if you're reading the complete collections you should've already read Born, which is great, so why are you asking stupid questions
>>
>>92995569
Well he didn't shave and he was a bit shorter than Preach who I believe was of normal height.
I was refering more to his personnality though
>>
>>92987951
Him and Parlov need to kill themselves.

>>92988951
Because of how bad it is?
>>
>>92998799
Well """"meme'd"""", """""contrarian!"""""
>>
>>92998799
Yer not the chuffin' full shillin'?
>>
>>92990928
Now do one for preacher
>>
>>93001366
>Oi Steve me lad, Oi've got a rippin' idea fer a noo foonybook
>alright Garth hit me
>it's aboyt this coont who's a priest, aye, boot he's a bit of a coont underneath, and he gets the power o' tha Almighty from this wee babby God what was made from an angel and a demon shaggin'
>ok so what's the plot
>so the coont gets the power o' tha Almighty, an' he blows up 'is church, loike, an' the 'e gets this wee idea innis 'ead to go kill God hisself
>an' he takes along 'is ex-girlfriend an' an Oirish vampoire coont an' they go on a gran' ol' walkabout 'cross the US
>also there's this sort of secret police-type general fella, an' a cowboy what was so good at killin' 'e got made God's Hitman (d'ye get me reference, Steve?), an' this lickle coont of a teenager wot troied to blow his brains out boot 'e din't do et quoite roight so now 'is face looks like an arse, an' they're all chasin' after this priest lad for some reason or anuther
>wow uh ok that sounds like a lot
>>
>>93003319
I was re-reading the stat of Preacher recently and it's still fucking nuts to me that Garth was writing that when he was 24, 25. Writing Hellblazer from 21 too.
>>
>>93003629
meanwhile here we all are
>>
>>93001203
What's the matter, fan of an edgy hack? Ran out of Crossed to read?
>>
>>93003640
Yeah, anon. No kidding. The gross out moments, slapstick, grotesquerie of all of Ennis' stuff is there but how accomplished to have put both those books together in your early 20s. I wasn't reading comics at the time so I don't know if he was considered an enfant terrible but even just giving him that slot on Hellblazer seems like a leap of faith that was rewarded immensely.

Preacher especially the early parts is a stupendous comic. Freaks me out that the guy was writing about America like that so young.

Of course, it's weird to me that the guy that wrote Preacher and Hellblazer also wrote The Chronicles of Wormwood, so.
>>
>>93003918
Preacher is definitely one of his weaker works

not Crossed level, and like still good enough to be enjoyable, but other things are a lot better
>>
>>93003785
>edgy
>hack
>you like Crossed XD

Suspiciously insincere post with buzzwords and phrases, friendo
>>
>>93004078
More sincere than being Irish and kissing Britain's dick.
>>
>>93003978
That's complete shite my man.
>>
>>93004354
of course
>opinions ahead
but Preacher is one of those instances where literally everyone is an asshole, and the only character who is reasonably likeable is named Arseface because of his arseface, and in turn is the butt of all the jokes. Compare to The Boys, say, where Wee Hughie is likeable and the butt of jokes, but in a believable and relatable way, not because his face looks like a butt.

Ennis can obviously be pretty childish at times, but he usually does a pretty good job of balancing it out with surprising maturity. Preacher, in my opinion, doesn't have the same balance that his other great works have, it's just an adventure by a group of assholes across America being assholes to everybody. It's still a decent enough read despite that, but I just feel his other good works are better not least because Steve Dillon is less forgivable here than in Heckblazer
>>
>>93004496
Pretty fucking amazed you're gonna call the cast of Preacher just a bunch of assholes and give a pass to The Boys. All of the main characters in Preacher are flawed, but they're also sympathetic and Ennis is writing even minor characters (Featherstone, the fucking Sexual Investigators) from a place of sincerity. He's writing about America from a place of sincerity, and not just NYC (though that's a focus).

Your opinion seems mainly about your ability to relate to the characters over how good it might be as a comic. And I think it is damn good as a comic: Preacher's a thing I read as a teenager and have come back to as an adult, and you take different things away from it each time there but you get different things out of it too.
>>
>>93004615
I guess it's mostly that I don't find Jesse particularly compelling as a main character. He's like Constantine without the guilt, self-loathing, or cleverness, and that just leaves an asshole with more power than he deserves.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.