[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 535
Thread images: 162

File: 1453623240515.jpg (46KB, 635x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453623240515.jpg
46KB, 635x600px
Nien Nunb Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
http://www.swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out this Week:
Darth Vader #1 - The Chosen One - Part I (June 7)
Rogue One #3 - (June 7)

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4I68XVPzQ

>Star Wars: Rebels - The Final Season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b7GAhnVwhA

>Battlefront 2 trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kae-JjbLsgA

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
http://pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: finn rey blocking.jpg (53KB, 500x443px) Image search: [Google]
finn rey blocking.jpg
53KB, 500x443px
>>
File: c87a5240849369.58c13e46bb756.jpg (782KB, 1400x983px) Image search: [Google]
c87a5240849369.58c13e46bb756.jpg
782KB, 1400x983px
What is he, /swco/?
>>
>>92985225
But Rey wouldn't do that.
>>
File: lukerey.jpg (120KB, 711x900px) Image search: [Google]
lukerey.jpg
120KB, 711x900px
>this will never happen
>>
>>92985241
>I want to protect that smile
>>
Wedge Antilles hops on one transparisteel leg.
>>
File: Argyus_CoD.jpg (506KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
Argyus_CoD.jpg
506KB, 640x800px
Is he, dare I say it
>>
File: Aresko and Grint die.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Aresko and Grint die.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>
File: 757.jpg (55KB, 1022x547px) Image search: [Google]
757.jpg
55KB, 1022x547px
>>92985544
>wondering where the joke is
>look at filename
chuckled more than I should have to be honest t b h desu
>>
File: SenateGuardCommando-GAW.jpg (319KB, 488x782px) Image search: [Google]
SenateGuardCommando-GAW.jpg
319KB, 488x782px
>>92985544
>>
File: DBhBDDQVoAAIkhN.jpg large.jpg (70KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
DBhBDDQVoAAIkhN.jpg large.jpg
70KB, 960x606px
Here's the centerfold from this month's Playtrooper.
>>
File: 1442223001415.jpg (101KB, 640x558px) Image search: [Google]
1442223001415.jpg
101KB, 640x558px
>>92985544
>>
>>92985720
I-I just read for the articles
>>
How common were crossguard sabers supposed to be?
>>
>>92985819
We don't really know. We keep seeing them in flashbacks and such but we also see regular style lightsabers among them so it's hard to tell which of the two was the more common design in older times.
>>
File: Crossguard Lightsabers Malchor.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Crossguard Lightsabers Malchor.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>92985819
relatively common at the time they were used, based on what we've seen of the Great Scourge of Malachor
>>
File: u66UMpO7.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
u66UMpO7.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
Can we discuss the influx of female leads since Kathy Kennedy took over? I mean, I get it appeal to the ladies and girls and such...but so far Rey, Rae Sloane Hera Syndulla, Iden Versio (BF2 MC) Doctor Aphra, Nora Wexley, Jyn Erso, Sana Solo (She's def gonna be in Han's film), and the list keeps going...

It's no big deal considering the old EU's volume of females. But was it added in such rapid fire succession? And with such importance to the main canon plot? I'm by no means insinuating a feminist plot by Kathy, but I do want other die hard fan opinions? Like what the fuck man? I'll shut up once Han Solo's out and Obi-Wan/Boba Fett finally get announced. But for now I'm feeling some real pandering vibes.

Is it just me? Amirite?

I posted this in the last thread in sincere hope of discussion. But it was short lived.

And before anyone says it I'm aware they're not leaving out males.
>>
You posted the exact same copypasta like 3 or 4 threads in a row, stop this bait, we've discussed it to death.
>>
File: Be strong. Be Tarkin.png (349KB, 448x436px) Image search: [Google]
Be strong. Be Tarkin.png
349KB, 448x436px
>>
>>92986059
Yeah we know, we'de just rather talk about something else
>>
Anyone else disappointed that the only time we saw Rebels characters in the comics was in Kanan?
>>
>>92986162
Yes, and I'm disappointed we haven't seen them anywhere else outside the Thrawn novel.
>>
>>92986078
I only posted it once before. This is the first time I've pasted it.
>>92986127
I wasn't here for that. But fair enough. I'll leave it alone then.
>>92986162
Hoping after the series finale they capitalize on the Ghost Crew in the comics. Unless they all die...
>>
>>92986162
>>92986198
All of them appear in the Kanan comic though

Hera, Chopper (, MAYBE Rex) and Sabine are appearing in the next cartoon, and Hera/Chopper were in Rogue One.

There's also nods to Hera and Sabine, and a general Ghost Crew reference in Aftermath and a reference to Hera Lords of the Sith

Hera and Kanan also got a Novel to themselves, and Hera has another short story.

It's only been 3 years, and they're already cropping up, or being referenced, in a lot of places.
>>
>>92985241
A Pantoran with an eye condition.
>>
>>92986276
Sauce? If none how do you know?

I remember the Lords of the Sith reference. And her short story in the Rise of the Empire collection. That book was great, gave me new love for Cham. Is the Aftermath one in the first book? Only one I've read in the trilogy and I don't remember that.
>>
Tales of the Jedi: The Movie when?
>>
>>92986389
I think I actually got the reference mixed up, it was actually Twilight Company.

IIRC there's a part where someone proposes destroying a Star Destroyer, and another character notes that it's almost impossible, and refers back to the "Fire Across the Galaxy" episode as the only time he's ever heard it happened.
>>
>>92986477
>>92986389
Actually I forgot one, I also remember a reference to someone looking at "The graffiti art of a Rebel" who is very obviously Sabine, in Aftermath
>>
>>92986477
That I remember. Love that book. Wish the game could've referenced it more than a couple maps. I like to think some of the models they used were actual members of the 61st.
>>92986463
Gonna have to settle for the Mace comic for now. I'm sure they're using the sales there to gauge interest in Jackson's reprisal of the role and interest in Jedi of the Republic. Really hope its a success. Plo comic plz.
>>
ooba
>>
>>92986477
No, that's from Lost Stars. It's General Riekan talking about stealing a Star Destroyer. Which doesnt make sense now considering the Rebels capture a ISD mark 2
>>
>>92985414
choke up on that grip luke
>>
>>92986276
>>92986389
>>92986477
>>92986552
We already said the Kanan comic, but I'm not talking about these oblique references to characters related to the Rebels cast, I want to see them in the Star Wars ongoing alongside the OT cast or show up in the movies, unfortunately this can never happen because the mystery box attitude towards content creation across multiple time periods means losing the suspense of potential character death which is necessary to keep edgelords engaged.

This is why Benicio Del Toro's character is not Ezra; TLJ releases before Ezra's final fate will be decided by the season 4 finale.
>>
>>92986673
>>92986660
I read both. You're probably right.
>>
>>92986704
Well Rebels has 1 more season

I'll bet that the very day the show ends, they'll probably reveal Cover art or Star Wars #60 where Hera, Leia and [insert surviving Rebels character] is on the cover.

It's only fair that they build around preserving spoilers, even if it means you have to wait a bit longer for characters to show up in different media
>>
>>92986704
Ikwym. Not only that but there is an aversion to pulling characters beyond the films into them for some reason. Which sucks. I liked what they did with Saw.
>>92986762
That'd be awesome.
>>
>>92986660
>I like to think some of the models they used were actual members of the 61st.
I presumed as much, the cover art of the book had characters that looked identical to some of the models in the game, and "Twilight on Hoth" pretty much confirms that we're supposed to be playing as the 61st.
>>
>>92985202
>vader comic is dropping this week
I almost forgot about that, hope it has better art than most of the comics.
>>
File: star-wars-doctor-aphra.jpg (89KB, 1280x704px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-doctor-aphra.jpg
89KB, 1280x704px
Anyone else absolutely in love with Aphra
>>
>>92986816
no
>>
>>92986762
The lengths LSG goes to preserve every single possible spoiler they can, no matter how minor, borders on pathological. Also the longer they wait to include them the less opportunity they have to do so lest they start investing in sidequels, and that isn't a welcome though.
>>
>>92986814
Oh shit really, I recently bought and read the other Vader series and now they're making another one. YES. Now to wait for it all to come out in an anthology because I cant do single issues.
>>
>>92986793
Looking back, I wish I got the hard cover. Thinking about doing that for every release now actually.
>>92986816
She's cool. Especially how she basically outsmarted Vader. Was happy she was in Force Arena. Her series and the crossover are in my backlog though. Haven't gotten past the second issue.

Sidenote: Any fans of Force Arena here? I've loved it since launch.
>>
>>92986787
>there is an aversion to pulling characters beyond the films into them for some reason.
There's really not at all.

Even in the JJ "only the OT is canon to me" Abrams movie, Lucasfilm snuck in a nod to Hondo.

Then in Rogue One, they added in a plethora of stuff not introduced in movies. From Saw, Hera and Chopper, to the Loth-Cat toys and the Hammerhead. And this was just 1 movie that went into production at the very start of Disney's takeover.

Watch the Star Wars Show interview with the Lucasfilm Story Group. At one part, they jokingly said that "Of course!" there would be crossovers between the media, and that it was some of the first things they thought about.

You bet your ass there's going to be more of it. It's just about making sure it's right for the movie. Sheev wasn't shoehorned into Rogue One because the story required no more than a nod to "the Emperor". So they couldn't shoehorn in the rest of the Ghost cast either. Fanservice needs to be done appropriately and respectfully.
>>
>>92986821
fuk u
>>
>>92986871
>and now they're making another one. YES.
It's been announced for months now, anon.
>>
>>92986816
I want to see Aphra get touched by Luke's sincerity and impeccable moral fortitude, and, escaping from the Screaming Citadel to go their separate ways, give him an equally innocent peck on the cheek and then lewdly whisper into his ear "if we both survive this war there's a lot more where that came from, sailor"
>>
>>92986892
Word totally true.

Hondo nod where? :o
Top tier scoundrel
>>
>>92986886
>Especially how she basically outsmarted Vader.
She didn't outsmart him, she just thought so little of him that she assumed he would kill her that way.

But that is why I love the Vader comic to fucking death.

The prior issue had Vader kill Thanoth in a quick and respectful way with his lightsaber, exactly how Aphra wanted. Aphra doesn't know it, and she never will, but Vader would have done that for her... IIIIIIIIF she wasn't a dumb bitch who ratted him out to his boss.

She unleashed Vader's wrath upon her, thinking it would always end that way, but it really didn't.

TLDR: The comic shows Vader in a really nice light, and shows Aphra to be short sighted, and while it's true that it's the only reason she is alive now, it still leaves a bittersweet ending for her companionship with Vader.
>>
>>92986938
His flag is up at Maz's castle.

JJ had all the podracer flags removed, but Hondo's seems to have slipped through.

Hondo/Maz comic when?
>>
>>92986966
The ending really was bitterweet, I was hoping that Vader and Aphra could continue to work together because i Would like to see vader have at least one long term co worker. But i'm also happy that aphra was able to exit her employment with Vader with her life intact
>>
File: Maz's Castle Flags.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
Maz's Castle Flags.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
>>92986938
At Maz's castle

look in the area above the robot's right arm
>>
File: 1496544377239.png (62KB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1496544377239.png
62KB, 1415x1000px
Lets do this again, I'll start.
>>
File: 1495305462180.jpg (264KB, 1169x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495305462180.jpg
264KB, 1169x1200px
The Clone Wars is a much better show than I expected. Is Rebels worth watching too?
>>
File: star_wars_chart1.png (2MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_chart1.png
2MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
Planet is non-canon Alderaan, also, I couldn't fit Trandoshans, Kaleesh, Mon Cals, or Togrutas into the species panel.
>>
>>92987141
It's good, just not as good as Clone Wars.
>>
>>92986059
I'll address some of your specific examples because different prominent females have different reasons for their inclusion, but at the end of the day I think some of it has to do with the fact that you just have a lot of people wanting to address Star Wars' perceived lack of major females all at once. Rey and Jyn were both developed with the creatives behind their respective character not knowing about the other character, and both were created with the motivation that up until now the Star Wars films really didn't count an action-oriented female lead. I suspect that Iden is also a case of wanting to do this in the video game realm.

I don't understand why you're bringing up complaints about Nora or Hera though. They were created with the intention of being part of a group of characters, and I really don't see what's extraordinary about a whole third of a group being female. Shit, the fact that they both fit maternal stereotypes of being the "team mom" is if anything a step backward when it comes to feminist ideals.

Aphra I think honestly just caught on with a lot of fans, as I've seen a lot of love for her that hasn't been extended to other comic characters. Part of that might be spill over from the fact that Vader was pretty well read and received, but on the other hand her character is fairly easy to figure out and I honestly can't see her ongoing having moved forward without some data or knowledge that suggested that she would sell.

I can't confidently speak to Starros or Sloane, but I suspect that the latter wasn't really intended to be as big as she is. I suspect that her inclusion in Aftermath (Where I feel most people know her from) was more a case of her being "available" as a pre-established character that thematically played nicely with the creative intent of Aftermath, as her introduction in A New Dawn heavily involved her keeping shit together which isn't too dissimilar from where we find her up to post-Endor.
>>
>>92987141
Yeah.

There's a noticeable visual downgrade, and Rebels starts on a smaller scale than you'll be used to, but you'll get used to it.

Rebels has a nice artstyle that makes up for it.

The show creator feels like Rebels has satisfactorily tied up the loose ends from TCW, so you'll definitely want to watch Rebels AFTER you're done with TCW.
>>
File: FIJTB.jpg (453KB, 2191x1642px) Image search: [Google]
FIJTB.jpg
453KB, 2191x1642px
>>92986983
>JJ had all the podracer flags removed
what an absolute cunt
I hope they edit them back, also make it canon that this is Maz and that anakin has it because she was a famous podracer before becoming a pirate and also why she has podracer flags at her castle. Also when obi wan gets to tattooine after dropping off Luke, he takes his pseudonym from a certain famous podracer, meaning that kylo ren is indirectly named after ben quadrinaros
>>
>>92987141
if you enjoy fun and don't only enjoy "mature cartoons for mature cartoon watchers such as myself" then yes its good
>>
>>92986966
Wasn't it because she asked for that though? Knowing he wouldn't reward her request?

She wanted to live man. And she figured that was the best way to do that, knowing he was going to kill her eventually anyway.

Everything about that comic was brilliant. Art, pacing, writing. Vader down was phenomenal too.

"The ability to kill you more than once is by far your best trait."
One of my fave Vader lines ever
>>92986983
>>92987092
Awesome. I love subtle references like that. Like in R1 over the PA in Yavin "Paging General Syndulla"
>>
File: mine.png (1MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mine.png
1MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
gonna repost mine
>>
File: starchart1.png (1MB, 1487x1000px) Image search: [Google]
starchart1.png
1MB, 1487x1000px
>>92987124
First one to guess the planet gets their dick sucked
>>
>>92987187
This was, unironically, one of the best fan theories I ever heard for TFA. (Maz being on Tatooine and watching Anakin Podrace that is)

It wasn't obnoxious or franchise changing, just a completely nice and plausible way to have TFA connect back to Anakin and TPM, coming full circle.

It could explain that Anakin made (or was given) that toy, and explain why Maz would have such a huge interest in Podracing, as to hang up flags at her castle.

But nope, JJ couldn't BARE to have anything in his movie be related to the Prequels, so this theory will likely always remain a theory, due to the flag removal.
>>
What if Starkiller Base is IG-88?
>>
>>92987141
I love that they brought back Billy Dee for Rebels man. Wish he was more prominent, but ik it isn't til after ESB that he really joins up.
>>92987166
>but at the end of the day I think some of it has to do with the fact that you just have a lot of people wanting to address Star Wars' perceived lack of major females all at once
Never thought of it that way. Thank you anon.
>>
>>92987191
>Wasn't it because she asked for that though? Knowing he wouldn't reward her request?
>She wanted to live man. And she figured that was the best way to do that, knowing he was going to kill her eventually anyway.
Exactly.

She told Vader she wanted a quick, clean death with the lightsaber, and NOT to be thrown into space.

Then she makes a back-up plan for when she "inevitably" gets thrown into space, because she believed that Vader was so evil, he would end it no other way.

But what she DOESN'T see was Vader giving Thanoth, a man he respected, the death she had "asked" for. Quick and painless.

She planned for something she thought was inevitable, but what she didn't see was that Anakin Skywalker still had sympathy inside of him.

Maybe it's not as important or significant as I believe, but it sure stuck out to me. Art aside, I thought the comic was fantastic, especially that final issue.
>>
>>92987243
Manaan?
>>
>>92987243
Too icy looking to be Bestine, too blue to be Alzoc, I can tell that the image you used is from Empire At War, I just can't tell which planet it is...
>>
>>92987191
>Like in R1 over the PA in Yavin "Paging General Syndulla"
That would have been subtle, if it wasn't for the fact that the Ghost is seen flying around in like 5 shots during the space fight.

It was hard to miss honestly. Pretty much anybody who has seen Rebels could not have missed that Hera was there.

Not that I am criticizing the reference or anything, I fucking loved it.
>>
>>92987124

Sapient
>>
>>92987324
Nope

>>92987337
I actually thought it was from Battlefront, I never played Empire at War
>>
File: 1481923846016 - Copy.jpg (16KB, 213x186px) Image search: [Google]
1481923846016 - Copy.jpg
16KB, 213x186px
>>92987351
I didn't make it m8, I'm just reposting it so others can use it.
>>
>>92987318
I get you.

I for one loved the art. Especially the first artist they were using. The writer wanted "As close to SW on paper as you can get" and that artist nailed it.

Hope they're using the same team for Vol. 2
>>
>>92987377
Kamino?
>>
File: grid.png (2MB, 1414x984px) Image search: [Google]
grid.png
2MB, 1414x984px
>>92987150
>Mirialan, Ithorian, Spacemoms
A+ taste
>>
>>92987418
>The writer wanted "As close to SW on paper as you can get" and that artist nailed it.
Well "As close to SW on paper as you can get" is right, because a lot of the time you can tell it was literally traced right from screenshots of the movies.

I personally prefer when artists have a strong artstyle of their own, that still captures the likeness of the actors well enough. Like the Lando comic, or the latest Dr. Aphra issue.

But that's rare, slow to produce, and expensive, so I can turn a blind eye to some mediocre traced art if it means I get a great story.
>>
>>92987465
Nope
>>
File: Moomo_Brothers_-_Handbook.jpg (581KB, 1060x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Moomo_Brothers_-_Handbook.jpg
581KB, 1060x1070px
>>92987470
As a little kid, I actually picked up the KoToR comics cause of the Ithorian bounty hunters. Glad I did.
>>
>>92987377
Rhen Var?
>>
>>92987499
Lando was awesome. Still gotta catch up on Aphra.
>I personally prefer when artists have a strong artstyle of their own, that still captures the likeness of the actors well enough.

Fair enough.
>>
>>92985323
It should be Poe
>>
>>92986920
I dont keep up with it. although I am happy i get more Vader comics I now know that I will have to wait forever to read them because i only buy whole series at once.
>>
What's the best line spoken by any droid?
>>
>>92987672
echuta
>>
File: 1490897567909.jpg (116KB, 512x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490897567909.jpg
116KB, 512x576px
*corrupts your path*
>>
>>92987654
>he doesn't download the comics and then buy the complete set
>>
>>92987738
still have to wait for each one to come out. i like to buy whole series at once and then read them all at once. It's the best way to read comics.
>>
File: URoRRuR'R'R.png (286KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
URoRRuR'R'R.png
286KB, 1000x1000px
>>92987701
YOU TAKE THAT BACK
>>
File: LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg (23KB, 390x425px) Image search: [Google]
LukeROTJsaber-MR.jpg
23KB, 390x425px
Quick /swco/, claim your lightsaber!
>>
>>92987855
Fuck, you already did.
>>
File: no bully pls.png (2MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
no bully pls.png
2MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
This took longer than expected
>>
>>92987632
Bingo
>>
>>92987855
>>
>>92987855
>>
>>92987243
manaan?
>>
>>92987672
Gonk
>>
>>92985414
We are literally getting a movie about that happening.
>>
>>92985682
Tarkin got shit done, damn
>>
File: 1489187016817.png (2MB, 1800x816px) Image search: [Google]
1489187016817.png
2MB, 1800x816px
>>92987855
>>
File: 1492502047003.png (730KB, 865x631px) Image search: [Google]
1492502047003.png
730KB, 865x631px
>>92986886
Force Arena allows me to play as my waifu, I love it.
>>
>>92985202
OP's pic is unrelated, it's just a Mexican.
>>
>>92988754
Word! That patch surprised me. Hera and chopper are there too now. Was so hype.
>>
>>92988754
do units that appear in game count as canon?
>>
>>92989113
The game isn't canon and hasn't "added" anything like Commander has.

But as far as I can tell, it draws exclusively from canon media, so sure
>>
I just want a comfy city builder game in the star wars universe, making cities as big as coruscant or or small ass villages on tatooine
>>
File: 1474856457249.jpg (545KB, 1800x834px) Image search: [Google]
1474856457249.jpg
545KB, 1800x834px
>>92989188
I want this too.
>>
File: starwars9box.png (2MB, 1416x1000px) Image search: [Google]
starwars9box.png
2MB, 1416x1000px
>>92987124
>>
>>92989188
>making cities as big as coruscant

That would take a machine that practically cannot exist, anon.
>>
>>92989658
Personal Computers have existed for decades anon.
>>
>>92989655
That gun is great man. Been my go to for a bit now.
>>
>>92989759

Indeed. But the kind of machine it would take to recreate Corsuscant is not possible to accomplish. Corsuscant is not just some City.
>>
Does the Dark Side allow hand-holding?
>>
>>92989932
You underestimate the power of 2017 hardware
>>
File: starwarsthing.png (2MB, 1413x997px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsthing.png
2MB, 1413x997px
>>92987124
>>
File: chart.png (1MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
1MB, 1415x1000px
>>
>>92990422
>>92987124
forgot to link
>>
>>92987124
It's weird. I'm a big Star Wars fan and yet I can't pinpoint a lot of this. I guess my favorites are just kinda rounded. Maybe Revan for favorite character?
>>
>>92990422
Wait... so eyes really are parasites?
>>
>>92990460
>>92990143

>revan

terrible
>>
>>92991151
Yeah, I knew I was gonna get called a pleb for that opinion.
>>
>>92991151
fuck off faggot
>>
File: lightsaber.png (30KB, 130x260px) Image search: [Google]
lightsaber.png
30KB, 130x260px
>>92987855
>>
darth vader #1 soon, brothers.
>>
>>92986198
Was Aresko mentioned in the Thrawn novel, or was that just a rumor?
>>
>>92987187
Well more recent guidebooks have called it "Antique sculpture of a pirate"...
>>
So was Starkiller Base Illum all along?
>>
>>92988263
Luke's not gonna use green ;-;
>>
>>92992867

No. Illum was not SK Base. I'm almost certain they're not even in the same part of the galaxy.
>>
>>92992902
Why would he not use it?
>>
>The Zygerrian empress wanted to keep Ani as her personal fuckslave.
>A Guy gets cut in half in the Citadel Arc
Did Lucas bribe the Cartoon Network censors or something?
>>
File: Miraj Scintel.jpg (102KB, 710x622px) Image search: [Google]
Miraj Scintel.jpg
102KB, 710x622px
>>92993159
>tfw no cute xeno slaver waifu to make you her personal fucktoy
>>
>>92993159
No, this is before CN started airing nothing but trash.
>>
>>92993159
>Tamsen's death is a shot for shot remake of the end of Jaws.
>>
>>92987704
Oh will you just fuck off Zann?
>>
I wasn't around for TORtanic, give me a quick rundown why it sucks.
>>
>>92993159
You know why Jurassic Park was PG13 and was frequently marketed towards even younger children? Because when the Velociraptor bit Muldoon's face off you didn't see it.
>>
File: aresko mention.png (13KB, 893x108px) Image search: [Google]
aresko mention.png
13KB, 893x108px
>>92992454
He was
>>
I always like it when Clone Wars has the advanced military tech of the republic alongside the more primitive tech of the planetary inhabitant.
>>
File: Consular Class Cruiser.jpg (50KB, 788x460px) Image search: [Google]
Consular Class Cruiser.jpg
50KB, 788x460px
>>
File: Clone Z-95.jpg (27KB, 500x288px) Image search: [Google]
Clone Z-95.jpg
27KB, 500x288px
>>
You know the crew sizes for a lot of the ship articles on the Wook seem obscenely high. 900 crew for a Pelta?
>>
>>92987318
Why do people forget Vader was going to give Aphra a very quick death before she mentioned Luke? When she started toying with him, she sealed the airlock fate.
>>
File: witgatwotfa_5.jpg (93KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
witgatwotfa_5.jpg
93KB, 600x600px
>>92993004
>http://www.starwars.com/news/where-in-the-galaxy-are-the-worlds-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens
>Cut across Wild Space and into the Unknown Regions, and eventually you will find Starkiller Base, which was situated not far from the legendary world of Ilum.
>>
File: Z-95 Headhunter.jpg (454KB, 1094x505px) Image search: [Google]
Z-95 Headhunter.jpg
454KB, 1094x505px
My Shipfu.
>>
File: 1489991746523.png (769KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489991746523.png
769KB, 1500x1000px
>>92995231
Mine

say what you will about TFA, Poe's ship was sexy as fuck
>>
>>92994870
>ywn pilot one of those into battle
>ywn paint it in Phoenix livery
>ywn have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6dolAspEx0 play in the background as you shoot down CIS gunships
My shipfu remains the N1 though
>>
>>92995063
those articles are not sources of canon information.
>>
>>92993352
I thought it was pretty decent. I'd say the main problem from a story wise perspective is things look to similar to the current designs for a game set thousands of years in the past. The first two games were pretty good at making things look original.
>>
File: 8594494848456454.png (2MB, 1415x1001px) Image search: [Google]
8594494848456454.png
2MB, 1415x1001px
>>92987150

>YT-2400 + A-wing combo

BROTHER!
>>
File: scEgOMZ.png (35KB, 200x170px) Image search: [Google]
scEgOMZ.png
35KB, 200x170px
>have zero interest in Phasma
>Going to have to force myself to read her book because it being the first in the "Road to TLJ" means it's going to be important as hell
>>
>>92996069
not really. none of the Road to TFA books really mattered for the movie. the three kids books have those bookend scenes but they dont really matter, Aftermath 1 wasn't even at the end of the war yet, and Lost Star wars so vague about Jakku that it didn't have any consequence to TFA.

but read it anyway since it's canon.
>>
>>92996157
I'd say lost stars and aftermath were both super important.
>>
It occurred to me that Nebulon-Bs are so small compared to an ISD that the one giving the ISD the broadside in ROTJ, was a kind of futile effort. Especially when most of it's armament faces forward.

I wonder if it was running intercerance while another shop mo ed toward a more vulnerable area? I know Raddus's fleet at Scarif was pretty battered when the Devastator showed up, but what first nebulom got fucked the fuck up in a hurry. MYbe this is Vaxers tip-top gunnery crews combined with the already fatigued rebel ship, but to me this would usually be the eventuL outcome of the two types engaging.
>>
>>92996429
My own phone makes me hate phone posters.
Sorry about that dumbassed grammar.
>>
>>92996429
In that scene in ROTJ it's actually attacking the Executor, the same shelf prop used for small scale closeups elsewhere in that movie and in ESB as the Falcon escapes from Bespin. Keep in mind you're supposed to accept that there are hundreds of such ships swarming it along with all the Mon Cal cruisers "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!" Same thing happens on Jakku with the Ravager.
>>
How can someone have such a shit opinion?

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/6f8iay/am_i_the_only_one_who_doesnt_like_wookiees/
>>
>>92996939
it could be worse they could hate ewoks
>>
File: aL837.jpg (68KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
aL837.jpg
68KB, 1280x536px
>>92996429
>>92996928
also we only just started seeing real weapons batteries modeled on spaceships with the advent of CGI, and for OT era craft just with Rogue One, the guns on larger ships are typically only implicit and the special effects guys just tack on laser bolts coming out of wherever
>>
When is the next wave of Black Seies figures? I want my tarkin
>>
>>92996178
It took Aftermath a few books to get really important as far as relevance to TFA. The first book (which was the only one that was part of the "Road to TFA" line) provided some background details that set the stage for the setting of the ST but not all that much.

Lost Stars wasn't really that important to TFA other than having its climax take place during the Battle of Jakku but we don't get a lot of background info on what's happening there, and it ends with a really open-ended "they may have won but we'll be back!" notion from the Empire that vaguely sets the stage for the First Order.

So basically all you get out of it is "the Empire was defeated at Jakku, and sometime later a few of them formed the First Order."
>>
>>92997057
We don't know, and with Hasbro's shitty distribution, even if they gave a release date there's still a chance you won't see Tarkin for several months, or even at all.

For example the Revan/Sabine wave was released in November. To date most people still haven't been able to find them in stores thanks to a glut of unsold Jyns, Cassians, Finns and Zuvios.
>>
>>92997306
>there's still a chance you won't see Tarkin for several months, or even at all.
Fuck me I've been waiting for this for years. I'm getting one. Even if I do have to pay scalper price because of their retarded release system
>>
>>92997306
It's hilarious that they managed to get the 40th Anniversary repacks into stores quickly, since that wave includes the very same Obi-Wan figure that's part of the Revan wave. So somehow stores have the newer repack of the figure long before they've even seen the original release.
>>
File: DBSVcX0VYAAt3ON.jpg (215KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DBSVcX0VYAAt3ON.jpg
215KB, 900x1200px
Pablo posted this thread of batshit Star Wars fan theories from sci-fi magazines in the 80s

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/870482605480714243

But this one is my favorite
>>
it occurs to me that when george was running shit we didnt have sissy ass waifus.

George made us love bad asses like maul, fett, and grievous. then after we love them he would take them away.
>>
>>92998129
George gave us husbandos
>>
>>92990422
that eyebrow is so stupid, its like they thought people wouldnt know its anakin.
>OH MY DUR, who is darth vaders secret identity?
>>
>>92998129
I dunno, TCW gave us a lot of waifus
>>
File: sid.jpg (11KB, 157x200px) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
11KB, 157x200px
>>92998216
i remember the first husbando i loved and george took from me.
>>
>>92998233
It wasn't there to help identify him, it was there to help the expression. Apparently the lack of eyebrows doesn't quite sell the angry look very well.
>>
>>92998290
they could have just made him look like the fucked up burn victim he is.
>>
>>92997055
>>92996928
Also reminds me, sucks to be rebels who o ly really get actual capital warships right before Endor. A few Moncal here and there like profundity, but the Nebulon-Bs and CR-90s (I think, I can't remember for sure, but the Blockade runners) are just escort ships, really. They aren't built to go toe to toe with the bigger ships but they make due.
>>
>>92996928
>"Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!" Same thing happens on Jakku with the Ravage
they took out the engines and used a new ship with a very powerful tractor beam to drag it into the gravity well of a planet?

its close
>>
>>92998399
They did

The little section of his face we see in TotA is a lot like how he looks in ESB/ROTJ and the bacta scene of Rogue One.
>>
File: anakin burns.jpg (1MB, 1920x4356px) Image search: [Google]
anakin burns.jpg
1MB, 1920x4356px
>>
>>92987124
I cheated a little...
>>
File: TeemtoPagalies.jpg (100KB, 290x406px) Image search: [Google]
TeemtoPagalies.jpg
100KB, 290x406px
>and teemto pagalies takes the lead!

post a pod racer pilot
>>
File: 1493690694750.gif (3MB, 432x299px) Image search: [Google]
1493690694750.gif
3MB, 432x299px
>>92998872
That's bullshit

But I'll allow it
>>
File: Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg (57KB, 768x431px) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader_6bda9114.jpg
57KB, 768x431px
>>92999055
>>
File: Benquadinarey.jpg (18KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Benquadinarey.jpg
18KB, 300x400px
>>92999055
>>
File: Praetorian.jpg (65KB, 768x895px) Image search: [Google]
Praetorian.jpg
65KB, 768x895px
So an apparent sketch of what Snoke's guards look like
>>
File: TIEPodracer-RR.png (396KB, 752x640px) Image search: [Google]
TIEPodracer-RR.png
396KB, 752x640px
>>92999095
funny story
>>
>>92999401
Hey let's give Not-Palpatine some Not-Royal Guards
>>
Humans don't normally have blue hair. Perhaps Ezra has a blue near-human somewhere high up the ancestry line?
>>
>>92999401
Woah, is that a Red Skynaut from Galaxy Wars?
>>
>>92999471
Wha the fuck? I demand context.
>>
File: Ezra.jpg (230KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ezra.jpg
230KB, 1280x720px
>>92999479
no, it's probably just that humans in the GFFA can be born with blue hair
>>
>>92999477
Yeah, it's kind of weird that they seem to be trying to make Snoke look less like Sheev 2.0 but apparently they're giving him guards that deliberately look like Sheev's guards.

Maybe Snoke is a huge Sheev fanboy?
>>
>>92999550
We never see any others though
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-05-12-15-48-1.png (332KB, 1080x1525px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-05-12-15-48-1.png
332KB, 1080x1525px
>>92999479
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
>>92999513
i rather add even more confusion
>>
File: SithPodracer-RR.png (552KB, 832x544px) Image search: [Google]
SithPodracer-RR.png
552KB, 832x544px
>>92999592
>>
>>92999575
>We never see any others though
his parents both had blue hair
>>
>>92999583
It's also pretty common in comics and cartoons to give black hair a blue tint to it
>>
File: 1492788599352.jpg (28KB, 403x348px) Image search: [Google]
1492788599352.jpg
28KB, 403x348px
>>92998872
>ship

Excellent taste, anon.
>>
>>92999583
Eh. That's boring. Besides, it looks blue pretty much always rather than "often", and it's clearly blue in Sabine's drawings, as well as in-universe photographs.

>>92999662
We don't see his mom's hair, but his dad's is also bluish, which actually fits my theory well.
>>
>>92999583
>>92999745
Yeah this.

Black is a very, very hard color to animate, so they added a blue tint. You notice they tried to darken the tint over the series to make it look as black as possible.

The Kanan comic shows Ezra with much darker hair too.
>>
>>92999936
>Eh. That's boring.
Would having him be like 1/18th Bluepersonian really make a difference, though? The only thing his alien heritage would affect would be his hair, so now he's a human with slightly blue hair. It doesn't really add anything to his character.
>>
>>92999936
we see his moms eyebrows
>>
>>92999626
That game was some good shit.

Did the wook ever try to make it fit into canon?
>>
>>93000079
>the Bridgers right before Ryder rapes and kills them
>>
Why was Ryder such a dick to Pryce in Thrawn?
>>
File: stormtrooper laugh.jpg (14KB, 350x236px) Image search: [Google]
stormtrooper laugh.jpg
14KB, 350x236px
>>93000079
wow he had some ugly parents, good thing there dead
>>
>>93000067
That's not the point, 1/Xth alien heritage is just an idea to explain the blue hair, maybe he is indeed 100% human and blue hair is just either an isolated anomaly or a norm for SW humans.

What's boring is the fact itself that they take a character who is clearly portrayed with blue hair and say "nah, it's just lightning/stylization". Let the blue hair be canon.
>>
File: ryder and morad.png (554KB, 598x959px) Image search: [Google]
ryder and morad.png
554KB, 598x959px
>>93000151
Perhaps Ryder Azadi may not be the nicest person in the galaxy
>>
>>93000213
Anon, I think you may have autism.
>>
>>93000213
You're looking for a complicated explanation for something that already has a simple answer.
>>
>>93000267
Don't project.
>>
File: Concept_Vader.jpg (171KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Concept_Vader.jpg
171KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>93000297
I dunno man, I'm not the one getting upset about Pablo and Matt saying Ezra has blue hair due to lighting/stylization and there's no magic explanation that gives an in-universe explanation for blue hair like him being part Chiss or something.
>>
>>93000369
LOOK OUT HE'S GOT A FLASHLIGHT
>>
File: ukvd4zfj.jpg (412KB, 819x819px) Image search: [Google]
ukvd4zfj.jpg
412KB, 819x819px
>>92998676
I don't know why i wasted time shopping this but please tell me this is how vaders helmet works
>>
>>93000768
Probably.
>>
>>92998676
Why does he have eyebrows in Rebels?
>>
File: star wars shit.png (2MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
star wars shit.png
2MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
Planet - Csilla
Character - Captain Fordo
Ship - The Eclipse
Weapon - RT-97C
>>
>>93000833
see >>92998290
>>
>>93000768
according to every reference book ever they're feeding tubes, its how he eats
>>
>>93000833
Animation stylization to help with expressions, and In-Universe Filoni said Ahsoka was seeing Anakin as she remembered him
>>
File: darker, edgier.jpg (124KB, 1119x636px) Image search: [Google]
darker, edgier.jpg
124KB, 1119x636px
>>92999963
>You notice they tried to darken the tint over the series to make it look as black as possible.
Now that it's pointed out I notice it.
>>
>wake up
>no lekku to succ
why live
>>
>>93000768
I assumed those were little microphones that made him sound like James Earl Jones
>>
>You will never have a cinematic scene of Corran Horn fighting Shedao Shai during a thunder storm for the fate of Ithor.

Why even live?
>>
>>93001184
because we've got enough force sensitive protagonists already and we don't need mary sue donut steels from the EU put back into canon after they were mercifully removed
>>
>>92985241
Neo /swco/ get out!
>>
File: grid2.png (11KB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
grid2.png
11KB, 532x1250px
How about this one?
>>
>>93000082
What game is it?
>>
>>93001656
Racer Revenge
>>
>>93001184
>Snowflake Horn
No thx
>>
>>93001656
What the other guy said. It's the sequel to podracer on the PS2.
>>
>>92997055
I really like that shot.
They may have gotten some of the scale on some of the shots wrong, but Endor was still a pretty good looking space battle. I just feel like I want more.

Would love to see the original cut one day, with the communications warfare ship, B-wings, and pilots cut back in.
>>
File: fav2.png (2MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fav2.png
2MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
went back and revised mine.

still hard picking favorites from this franchise.
>>
File: mine2.png (828KB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
mine2.png
828KB, 532x1250px
>>93001432
>>
File: starwars.jpg (276KB, 531x1245px) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
276KB, 531x1245px
>>93001432
>>
>>93000923
I always thought it was microphones
>>
>>93001432
>>
File: fav3.png (920KB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
fav3.png
920KB, 532x1250px
>>93003023
>>93001432

forgot my pic like a dunce.
>>
File: this is a cat tastrophy.jpg (12KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
this is a cat tastrophy.jpg
12KB, 471x480px
>Read Lost Stars
>read Thrawn, both Rogue One books, Lords of the Sith, Darth Plagueis, Rise of Darth Vader and all the Darth comics
>read Tarkin TWICE
>no Imperial/Dark Side affiliated books until fucking august

I'm hearing things about Aftermath but...the first book was SOOOOOOOO SHIT.
Is it really worth it?

>Inferno Squad doesn't come out until fucking July
>>
>>93003227
>Inferno Squad doesn't come out until fucking July
It's just next month, anon :^)
>>
>>93003227
The second and third Aftermath books are improvements but that's not saying much, they're still not good books, so if you didn't like the first one the next two aren't going to be fun either.
>>
File: fuck you space vietnam.jpg (127KB, 540x1245px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you space vietnam.jpg
127KB, 540x1245px
Flame me bros
>>
>>93003456
Eh, I see no issue here
>>
File: shit taste probably.png (1MB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
shit taste probably.png
1MB, 532x1250px
>>93001432
I havent read many sw comics or played many sw vidya tbqh pham
>>
File: Aftermath Summary.png (701KB, 824x3751px) Image search: [Google]
Aftermath Summary.png
701KB, 824x3751px
does anyone have the summary image for Aftermath: Life Debt? And was one ever done for Empire's End?
>>
>>93003671
This image isnt 100% accurate, but it suffices. Just so everyone knows.
>>
>>93003644
>Mortis
Holy fuck kill yourself
>>
>>93003816
(You)
>>
>>93003952
>(You)
>>
>>93003816
>Doesn't like Dagobah 2: Chosen One boogaloo
>>
File: favs charts.jpg (427KB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
favs charts.jpg
427KB, 532x1250px
>>93001432
Impossible to choose a favourite episode, but here is the one that actually made me cry.

>>93003644
>I havent read many sw comics or played many sw vidya tbqh pham
Same. Not much of a gamer.

>>93003816
>he can't appreciate kino
Get this hothead outta here

>>93002356
Beautiful illustrations, well picked
>>
>>93000833
>>93000833
better question: Why does he have beautiful eyelashes in that first one? shouldn't they have burned off too?
>>
File: 1496662763214.gif (768KB, 280x182px) Image search: [Google]
1496662763214.gif
768KB, 280x182px
>defending Mortis
>>
>>93004172
>thinking Mortis is bad
>>
@93003816
@93004172

You are so idiotic I'm not even giving you a (you)
>>
File: 1495401454776.gif (216KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495401454776.gif
216KB, 180x180px
>>93004172
>not liking mortis
>>
>>93004218
Oh i see whats going on here. Haha you guys really got me there for a sec.
>>
>>93001184
Much as I'd like it, dual-phase lightsabers were a mistake. The EU arguably made lightsabers themselves a lot less simple than they otherwise should be as in canon.
>>
File: Anakin vision.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Anakin vision.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>93004479
What do you mean? Mortis is great, one of the best arcs of TCW. We're not being ironic.
>>
>>93004570
I actually did like this scene here though.
>>
>>93004744
What's your issue with Mortis?
>>
>>93004570
For real, I don't see why people have such hate for that arc...and force creatures in general (Bendu, Priestess') Lucas wanted to tell the Saga from the POV of "The Whills". Thought it was cool R1 harkens back to it.
>>
File: Gerty Sad.jpg (168KB, 660x482px) Image search: [Google]
Gerty Sad.jpg
168KB, 660x482px
>>93003330
>25th
>>
>>93004867
Hypocrisy tbqh

People swear blind that ESB is the best thing in Star Wars, but whenever Lucas (or now Lucasfilm) expands on thew Dagobah stuff, they reject it because "wtf this is too weird for Star Wars"

I'm beginning to think people don't like ESB as much as they say, because there's a few things in that movie that fans seem to complain a lot about whenever it happens anywhere else.
>>
>>93004997
ESB is brought down by the middle section (Dagobah and the Space Worm). Hoth's snowy environment with mid-day sun and Bespin's almost neverending orange sky are the only good things of it.
>>
File: 1466301379101.gif (3MB, 222x379px) Image search: [Google]
1466301379101.gif
3MB, 222x379px
>>93005055
>Hoth's snowy environment with mid-day sun and Bespin's almost neverending orange sky are the only good things of it.
now that's just wrong
Dagobah is the best part of ESB
>>
>>93005055
I'm with the other guy.

The most impressive part was the Dagobah stuff. Comfy adventure with Luke and Yoda with a great lesson for kids.

People such Hoth and Bespin's dicks, but lets face it, there have been far more impressive and exciting battles since then.

ESB is not as special anymore.
>>
>>93004997
Pretty much.
>>93005055
A lot of fans think that was THE perfect entry in the saga. Not saying you. Or myself. But Dagobah was central to Luke's development.

>Hypocrisy
I just wish people didn't flip out whenever stuff Lucas actually wanted to expand on finally gets it's time in the spotlight. But then they're totally fine with the same old tropes and plot structure. It's a living breathing universe. It needs to stay fresh in new ways.
>>
>>93005126
>implying Vader isn't the best part
Though I agree that Dagobah is great.
>>
>>93004997
ESB, being the only movie in the series that is genuinely lauded by "reputable" critics (read: pretentious postmodernist edgelords so far up their own assholes with their conceptions of what "art" is) is the ultimate normie opinion and fake fan attractor because you can't get criticized as a nerd for liking it and because you can fit in with nerds to get their attention if you pretend to like it. Nearly forty years of that has bred an unironic inane sort of purism around it; ESBfags are not OT purists, they are ESB purists, and "Luke I am your father" (intentionally misquoted because, again: fake fans) is the end-all, be-all of kinomatographié.

I love ESB and Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars without it, but as horrible as fan culture gatekeeping is, I simply cannot trust a person's opinion about Star Wars if their favorite movie is Empire, unless they qualify their preference with legitimate justifications beyond memes and platitudes.
>>
>>93005278
>they're totally fine with the same old tropes and plot structure
This is how they got away with TFA.
Not saying it was bad...but it didn't bring anything new to the table. I hope the setup has a nice payoff.
>>
>>93005304
In short, ESB is the Star Wars movie critics of A New Hope were looking to see in that it arguably matched the tone of the time before Star Wars changed it.
>>
>>93005378
well, more modern critics. when ESB came out it had mixed reception
>>
>>93004997
No, it's just that people tend to remember the high action of Hoth, the asteroid field and Bespin more fondly than the character study of Dagobah. Because high action grabs attention. People just don't like learning.
>>
>>93005473
I've really needing a good sleep lately, so I'm not letting this opportunity pass by.

"sleep tight yoder"
>>
>>93005378
You're correct but that's not what's "in short" about it, that's more like "in other words." The short version of what I'm saying is that most people who say they like ESB don't say that because they actually like it, they say it because they're told to have the "correct" opinion.
>>
File: sleept tight.jpg (75KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
sleept tight.jpg
75KB, 750x750px
>>93005473
sleep tight yoder
>>
>>93004172
JJ pls go
>>
File: dooku sleep.png (447KB, 982x532px) Image search: [Google]
dooku sleep.png
447KB, 982x532px
>>93005473
sleep tight yoder
>>
File: FDCR_back_cover_art.png (2MB, 1399x1100px) Image search: [Google]
FDCR_back_cover_art.png
2MB, 1399x1100px
>>93005473
sleep tight yoder
>>
>>93005891
No joke, if they sold Dooku pajamas I'd buy them
>>
>>93005473
Sleep tight yoder
>>
Why do people in Star Wars animation shows almost always sleep in clothes (often not even in pajamas, just their regular outfits) and without blankets?
>>
Some guy robbed Rancho Obi Wan!

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2017/06/05/200000-worth-items-stolen-worlds-largest-star-wars-collection/
>>
>>93006153
Blankets are expensive to animate, maybe?
>>
>>93006153
The same reason that they don't get lots of different outfits to wear, it's more work, which means more money spent.
>>
File: 1495779130344.jpg (216KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
1495779130344.jpg
216KB, 1920x816px
>>93006153
saves on render time, mostly. Just look at how much Vaders cape cost
>>
File: forever sleep.png (609KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
forever sleep.png
609KB, 1280x544px
>>93005473
I only had a couple of hours sleep last night, so hopefully I can try for more.

sleep tight yoder
>>
>>93006225
>>93006228
>>93006233
I mean in-universe
>>
File: 29341159645_da4d0a0b93_b.jpg (239KB, 912x1024px) Image search: [Google]
29341159645_da4d0a0b93_b.jpg
239KB, 912x1024px
>>92998399
Vader's two piece helmet is a good idea, but the fishbowl eyes still look goofy. I imagine it'd look perfect if they'd shorten the lower half and push the nose in a little bit. Maybe if they made the top a little bigger as well.
>>
>>93006353
You know that feeling you get when you stick your foot out of a blanket while trying to sleep because it's hot, and you can't help but feel as though something is going to grab it, so you put it back in and face the heat?

They don't feel that.
>>
>>93006353
Wastes time to change outfits when you are in the middle of the war and need to be battle-ready the second you step out of bed.
>>
>>93006353
Most people are poor or Jedi and Jedi don't have pajamas, and why would you need blankets when you have all that technology?
>>
>>93006353
Blankets are expensive due to the draconian practices of the Interplanetary Blanket Syndicate, led by blanket mogul Cum Forter (who doesn't understand why people often ask him if he likes jizz), who initially sided with the CIS over the Republic, then switched sides, and now holds a neutral position. The IBS is currently hording all blankets until one of the two sides agrees to meet their trade agreements.
>>
>>93006353
Star Wars takes place along time ago in a galaxy far far away, blankets haven't been invented yet.
>>
>>93006353
We should ask Pablo if blankets are canon

he might get a chuckle at it
>>
>>93006633
Yoda uses one in ROTJ.
>>
>>93006670
and Anakin/Padme use them in AOTC and ROTS
>>
>>93006670
>>93006721
LSG WAS SUPPOSED TO PREVENT THESE KINDS OF INCONSISTENCIES
THE NEW CANON IS RUINED
>>
File: IMG_2313.jpg (32KB, 331x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2313.jpg
32KB, 331x351px
There were really good portraits of the various rebels characters in one of the mobile games. Anybody have them?
>>
File: Sabine canonically realistic.jpg (21KB, 332x364px) Image search: [Google]
Sabine canonically realistic.jpg
21KB, 332x364px
>>93006838
See this thread
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/92480047/#92490589
>>
>>93007063
thanks!
>>
File: Hera FA.png (182KB, 284x312px) Image search: [Google]
Hera FA.png
182KB, 284x312px
>>93007080
You're welcome
>>
I hope they kill off this fatty next movie
>>
>>93006025
same desu senpai
>>
>>93005473
Sleep tight yoder
>>
>>93005473
sleep tight yoder
>>
>>93007629
I'd rather he just not appear
>>
>>93007629
Why don't you like the chubby guy from Heroes?
>>
>>93007629
I like Jess Pava more than him

that is to say, I fucking hate this guy
>>
>>93007629
>Grunberg’s self-described “closest friend in the world” happens to be renowned director, writer and producer J.J. Abrams. The two have been friends since childhood, and Abrams cast Grunberg in his most popular film and TV ventures.
I hope he dies in a podracing accident
>>
>>93006162
WOW.

Dumbass for selling within the same circle though.
>>
>>93007629
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLFst62g9uE
>They had a list of the other things to say
>I did all the things I was meant meant to say, threw in a tonne of things that would be never be used but I wanted to amuse them in the editing room, make JJ laugh and whatever
>And then theyre like "I've been hit, I'm going down" these are things we need to you to say
>And I'm like NOPE
>Like come on, we need- this is a list of things all the pilots are saying
>And I'm like fuck it, they can say it, let Jess say it, I'm not gonna say it, I'm not going to die are you kidding me? I'm not going to give you the chance to kill me, no way. So I didn't say it
>And they called over to JJ and were like he won't say the lines, and JJ was like well if he won't say it he won't say it, get him out of there

Sounds like he was meant to
also
>let Jess say it
scum
>>
>>93008576
He needs to get over himself what a douche
>>
So the Dice have confirmed that the Battlefront 2 reveal in 4 days is not only showing off Maul/Rey, but they have two currently unrevealed characters to show too.

Place your bets!
>>
>>93009091
Mace/Jango
>>
>>93008576
The best would be for him to be killed off-screen. He just never appears in a movie again and the only way we know he died is in a comic most people won't read.
>>
File: Kabe-_SW_Card_Trader.png (590KB, 523x672px) Image search: [Google]
Kabe-_SW_Card_Trader.png
590KB, 523x672px
>>93009091
Kabe
>>
>>93009091
It's gonna be something predictable. Like characters that we already figured were in BF2 but haven't been "officially" revealed or announced, like Vader and Boba.
>>
>>93009091
Aphra and some other book/comics character. Maybe someone off rebels
>>
>>93009270
Aprha would be a fucking godsend

The OT era was already lacking in characters for the first game, and they went with fucking GREEDO, a character not even associated with the Empire.

Was embarrassing tbqh, should have been Aphra or an Inquisitor.

They got a lot of backlash though, so hopefully we wont be seeing Greedo again, and more deserving characters will take his slot.
>>
>>93009091
>We know you guys were disappointed at the lack of prequel and Clone Wars content, so we're making it up to you! We're pleased to announced that the first DLC heroes for Battlefront 2 will be... Darth Vader from Revenge of the Sith, and Greedo in his TCW outfit! See! We're real fans, too!
>>
preview of on the front lines

http://imgur.com/a/iNtgD
>>
>>93009362
Greedo's a better pull than Nien Nunb was desu. I never even know his name from the movies, he was always just the dude with the funny cheeks.
>>
>>93009401
Looks neat
>>
>>93009473
Nien Nunb made SOME sense in that they had Sullust in the game, so having the prominent Sullustan Rebel character fits.

He's still an awful choice, though.
>>
>>93009568
Plus he was in TFA so you had that synergy going.
>>
File: V-Wing.jpg (12KB, 295x300px) Image search: [Google]
V-Wing.jpg
12KB, 295x300px
Best Legends Ship.
>>
>>93009401
So on the last page it says that Grand Moff Randd commanded the Battle of Jakku from the Acidity, while Empire's End firmly established that he's on the Ravager. This isn't even some small throwaway detail either, as we get his point of view as the Ravager gets taken down.

I get that errors inevitably pop up, but this seems like a weird thing to slip past the story group given that it shouldn't be a hard detail to check.
>>
>>93010100
Could be a preview error
>>
File: Rebel Strike.jpg (71KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Rebel Strike.jpg
71KB, 400x300px
>>
>>93009362
I hope we don't get dumbshit non-combat characters like Padmé or Yularen or some shit for the prequel era. That era has enough proper heroes to fill the roles.
>>
>>93010896
>Padme
>non-combatant
Don't you want to see her aggressive negotiations?
>>
>>93010982
Yeah, she fights back if she gets into trouble, but she doesn't go rushing headfirst into battle, leading a garrison of clone troopers in an attack against a heavily fortified Separatist stronghold.
>>
>>93009568
Only because there was no space combat. He's a pilot, not a combatant.
>>
>>93010896
Padmé will be the single most infuriating thing Dice have ever done, no exceptions.

Picking her over the plethora of Jedi (or perhaps special clones like Rex) would drive me fucking insane.

If they want diversity points, just give us Aayla and Ahsoka
>>
>>93010896
Heroes won't just be combat oriented I believe.
>>
File: a sad dooku.jpg (31KB, 382x520px) Image search: [Google]
a sad dooku.jpg
31KB, 382x520px
>BF2 will have a bunch of fan favorite characters
>Dooku will be left out
>>
>>93011595
>Really want Ventress
>Don't want Dookubros to miss out though
I hope that they're both in, but I have a bad feeling someone is going to be left out
>>
File: old emp.png (874KB, 704x663px) Image search: [Google]
old emp.png
874KB, 704x663px
>>93004570
oh shit i didnt notice darth sideous was old in this shot.
>>
>>93007629
Why, what's wrong with him?

Also does nobody else realize that as of TFA/Poe Dameron comics, Snap Wexley is like 45 years old? Because he was apparently a teenager at the Battle of Jakku in the Aftermath books, then its 30 years later and he's crushing on this anime pilot that's probably 20+ years his junior
>>
>>93011670
I'd be okay with him being excluded if it means Ventress gets in. I wouldn't be okay if his exclusion means someone like Pre Vizsla makes it in.
>>
File: Commandodroid3.png (662KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Commandodroid3.png
662KB, 1280x720px
>>93011670
I hope these guys are the Separatist specialist class.

>>93011748
What about Cad Bane?
>>
>>93011718
>Why, what's wrong with him?
Product of JJ and/or Wendig, so obviously he is hated even more than usual.
>>
>>93011097
>Didn't watch the Blue Shadow Virus arc
>>
>>93011768
I'm kind of 50/50 on Bane. I know a lot of people want him in but honestly I think he's kind of overrated.
>>
>>93011768
>Separatist specialist class.
I hope so too.

>B1
>Super Battle Droid
>Commando Droid
>Droideka

>Magnaguards spawn in on Greivous

That would be the perfect CIS lineup.
>>
>>93011824
The people that want him don't outnumber the amount of people that don't know who he is. He's not happening.
>>
>>93011792
there's not enough about him to even hate just because JJ and Wendig are cuck assholes, it's like hating Nien Nunb or Admiral Tagge
>>
>>93011830
It's likely just going to be
>B1
>Yellow B1
>B1 with sniper rifle
>B1 with big gun
>>
File: 1456862630126.png (294KB, 461x321px) Image search: [Google]
1456862630126.png
294KB, 461x321px
>>93011830
I think Droidekas are a special class you buy like a Tauntaun. The commander OOM battle droids or the tactical droids need a spot for the officer class.

How they'll deal with the Supers having a built-in weapon system is what I'm wondering about though.
>>
>>93011930
Super Battle Droids are already confirmed, thankfully

I have a nightmarishly bad feeling that Droideka is going to be a fucking CIS hero
>>
>>93011963
I wouldn't mind too much if the Droidekas were a hero's bodyguard class, actually.
>>
My honest to God prediction for the PT Era BF2 characters:

>Heroes
Anakin
Obi-Wan
Yoda
Ahsoka

>Villains
Maul
Greivous
Jango Fett
Ventress

>DLC
Plo Koon
Kit Fisto
Mace Windu
Cad Bane
Dooku
Zam Wessel

Thoughts?
>>
>>93012132
That sounds mostly right, though I don't see them using Dooku, Zam or Plo. Well maybe Plo, but I can see their mindset for Dooku being "ugh boring old guy" and Zam being "ugh too obscure."
>>
>>93012132
your first mistake is assuming that anybody from outside the movies will wind up in it
>>
>>93012203
The CIS is pretty stretched for choices though.

So unless I am over-predicting how many characters there will actually be, I think that seems pretty straightforward.

And I don't think I am over-predicting either. 4 characters to a faction seems standard. It was 3 last game, and Dice got a lot of shit when Chewie was held back for DLC. They won't be doing that again, nor will they abandon their trinity, so as it stands, it seems we are getting 4 per faction.

>>93012216
There literally wont be enough CIS characters without using non-movie characters. Dice has drawn from the comics and cartoons before, in small ways. Mostly a few references, but a few of the weapons were straight out of the cartoons. Not out of the realm of possibility that we will get non-movie characters, especially with how much bigger the game is.
>>
>CIS (really just Clone Wars era bad guys) Heroes
Jango (reskin of Boba model for the OT)
Dooku
Maul

That's what you should expect, maybe even less than that per era.
>>
>>93012203
>"Ugh too obscure"

This is the same company that gave us fucking N I E N N U N B because they were out of heroes.
>>
>>93012396
Nien literally has more lines and screen time than Dengar and Greedo
>>
>>93012323
Id love to see rebels and tcw stuff in bf2 but you are giving dice way too much credit
>>
>>93012392
>no Greivous
>"maybe even less than that per era"
Don't be foolish

Dice have already said that the game is launching with 3 times as much content across the board

That alone should mean there is no less than 3 heroes per faction. Any less would be embarrassing, and not 3x content at all.

>>93012446
I am the #1 guy to shit on what Dice did in 2015, but my expectations for this new game are realistic. Dice would have to exceed expectations to somehow disappoint me more.
>>
>>93012446
No you are too salty to see clearly. Bf1 had rebels weapons. Bf1 was made in about a year in order to launch with tfa. We were lucky to get what we got.
>>
>>93012446
so was I just imagining Zeb's weapon in DICEfront? and the interview where someone working on DICEfront(or maybe it's bf2) praising Filoni?
>>
>>93012491
Not to mention this game has 3 dev studios working on it.
>>
>>93012487
>Dice have already said that the game is launching with 3 times as much content across the board
"Content per era" doesn't strictly mean heroes. It means maps, planets, and player character models (needs entire new ones for droids and clones and heavily edited ones for the ST). They have to skimp on something to fit it all and I am damn sure it will be heroes.
>>
File: JangoFett-StarWars-SDCC2016-03.jpg (295KB, 1350x900px) Image search: [Google]
JangoFett-StarWars-SDCC2016-03.jpg
295KB, 1350x900px
>>93012392
>Jango (reskin of Boba model for the OT)

They'd have to do a lot more than that. They'd basically have to make a new model entirely.

Though, I could see them cheating and making Rex a DLC character by just reusing the Jango animations (sans flamethrower and Jetpack).
>>
As long as I can carry around an NN-14 I'll be happy
>>
>>93012493
>and the interview where someone working on DICEfront(or maybe it's bf2) praising Filoni?
That was a writer for the single player, which is technically Motive Studios, but your point still stands.

There was some /co/ content in Battlefront. Zeb's rifle, Lando's Rebels blaster, some achievements referencing TCW, and even Sana Starros's blaster rifle.

Dice has opened up and dipped its toes into non-movie stuff. It is entirely possible that a character or two could be in the game.

I unironically suspect Aphra and Sana will be in the game too. OT is stretched for characters, so unless they pull another Nein/Greedo, they're going to have to find some non-movie spotlights
>>
>>93012493
>>93012491
I never said anything about weapons, I know about the bo rifle, and Lando's pistol, and Sana's rifle, but this isn't about weapons it's about hero characters, so see:
>>93012537

I would be pleasantly surprised to see Ahsoka or Kallus or something in the game, but DICE/EA have not given us any reason whatsoever to be hopeful about such a thing.
>>
>>93012619
>I never said anything about weapons
you made a general statement implying that DICE ignores rebels/tcw stuff

stop trying to move the goalposts faggot
>>
>>93012493
>and the interview where someone working on DICEfront(or maybe it's bf2) praising Filoni?
>>93012604
>That was a writer for the single player, which is technically Motive Studios, but your point still stands.
does one of you happen to have a link to that?
>>
>>93012665
I'm not moving any goalposts you triggered retard I was replying to >>93012132 about heroes and you took my glib "any rebels/tcw stuff" way too fucking literally, sorry I wasn't precise enough to not start a flamewar emanating from your hurt ass.
>>
>>93012716
>I'm not moving any goalposts you triggered retard
you are.
>>
>>93012735
you're hallucinating arguments I didn't make, end your life you fucking goober
>>
>>93012619
>"Id love to see rebels and tcw stuff"
We pointed out that there already is (Hera's Blaster is also a confirmed weapon in the new game btw)

Yeah, a character is a bigger deal, but it's proving to not be out of the realm of possibility, especially when they're running out of movie characters, which was pretty obvious when they were scraping from the barrel in last years DLC.

Look at the CIS.

Lets say that it is purely movie only. Like last game, each faction gets three characters, and 1 per DLC (Which we will assume like last year, comes in 4 packs)

>Dooku
>Maul
>Greivous
>Jango

DLC:
>Zam
>...
>...
>...

Who the fuck else are they going to add? Nute fucking Gunray?

They literally will not have enough CIS villains compared to the rest of the factions because the movies didn't have enough villains. They quite literally have to draw from the cartoons.
>>
>>93012775
So I'm hallucinating this?

>>93012446
>Id love to see rebels and tcw stuff in bf2 but you are giving dice way too much credit
>>
>>93012787
Someone said that they feared they might make heavier droid units heros - droidekas, dwarf spiders, crabs, etc

which in my view is even more unlikely, they'd sooner reskin ragdoll props for heroes than have to fiddle around with all those custom complex animations
>>
File: received_10213513747982414.png (2MB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
received_10213513747982414.png
2MB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
Reposting
>>
>>93012811
oh my God get over it you sperglord grammar Nazi I'm not going to type out "Hero Characters from Star Wars Rebels and The Clone Wars" every fucking time
>>
>>93012787
Whoops I started with 4 there (I personally suspect that there will be 4 at launch anyways, but whatever)

Still missing 2 characters going by last games standards. Those two characters, I believe, will be Bane and Ventress.

>>93012846
They could do that, but you're right, that would be even MORE effort from Dice.

Let's not forget about how they re-used their Rodian/Sullustan models for heroes and defended it as "it would be a waste to have not done that"

Humanoid DLC is most likely
>>
>>93012883
>oh my God get over it you sperglord grammar Nazi I'm not going to type out "Hero Characters from Star Wars Rebels and The Clone Wars" every fucking time
you don't have to. but if you're talking about characters, specify that.

if you just say "rebels and tcw stuff" people can't read your mind

also nice ad hominem
>>
File: Bossk_face.png (492KB, 720x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bossk_face.png
492KB, 720x800px
>tfw no star wars game that lets you play as a trandoshan that isnt bossk
>>
>>93012946
Star Wars: Game Hunters coming to a phone near you.

>bonus points for wookie kills
>hidden padawan challenges
>Hunting Lodge Hub to group up with fellow space lizards

Hunt and kill every race. And remember: humane isn't a word!
>>
File: tumblr_o6o1cpnZiN1rwfctbo1_1280.png (1MB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6o1cpnZiN1rwfctbo1_1280.png
1MB, 1024x1434px
Anybody seeing the dumb shit going around on /tv/?

The "Rey has to fight a sea monster as some sort of test" rumor from MSW has now turned into "Said sea monster is a giant sloth and when Rey defeats it, it turns into Anakin"
>>
>>
>>93013179
Yeah I saw.

Shit is rediculous
>>
>>93012619
My point is that if lsg has influence on minutia like weapons what makes you think they won't tell dice to capitalize on fan favorite characters like ahsoka or rex.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1296x730px
>>93013179
it seems to come from this
>>
File: 1496621897766.jpg (126KB, 645x630px) Image search: [Google]
1496621897766.jpg
126KB, 645x630px
>>93013197
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>
File: grid2.png (1MB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
grid2.png
1MB, 532x1250px
>>93003051
You, I like your taste
>>
File: IMG_0272.jpg (22KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0272.jpg
22KB, 320x400px
>>93012735
>>93012775
>>93012811
>>93012946

(You) all blew it
>>
>>93013740
How does my post about Trandoshans relate to any of this?
>>
File: Sheev.png (811KB, 860x732px) Image search: [Google]
Sheev.png
811KB, 860x732px
>>93013926
>>
File: Shadows of the Empire Cover.jpg (132KB, 800x1028px) Image search: [Google]
Shadows of the Empire Cover.jpg
132KB, 800x1028px
With Star Wars Episode VIII on the way, Disney may be shifting their content creation onto the time period of the Galactic Civil War that takes place between episodes V and VI. It was in this period, in the old EU, that the Empire had the Rebellion running scared, and Vader was ruthlessly pursuing its leaders and his son. Some pretty classic EU stories cropped up in this time period, with the most nostalgic one to my experience being Shadows of the Empire.

But the New-EU has a virtually blank slate to work with. What kind of stories are we going to get, do you think? The post Episode VII had a reasonable smattering of Prequel/OT/Sequel era media. Battlefront 2 seems like it will be a good intro to filling in a lot of the empty space between OT and Sequel Eras, but that may not be the case. I certainly hope we get some better flagship books than Aftermath in that regard as well. They seriously need to put their best writers on the books that flesh out the Sequel Era, because I want to find something to like about it, but it's not as easy with the New-EU as it was with the Old-EU.

I cannot really say I understand why that is, but it seems to not have that same sort of infectious charm that the old-EU characters and stories that made them stick like Thrawn, Mara Jade, Crix Nadeen, or even Garm Iblis had. Hopefully we get some nice stories to latch onto, that become popular enough to reference in other forms of media in the franchise, like Kyle Katarn and Darktroopers being in Empire at War's expansion Forces of Corruption (Garm too). Dr. Aphra currently seems to be in the top spot for cross media appearances.
>>
>>93014079
rebels vs thrawn antics (because everybody but pryce survives that show)
>>
>>93012946
Didn't the MP of Republic Commando let you make a Trandoshan for one of the teams? It's not much but there you go.
>>
>>93014644
Yep, Trandoshan Mercs. wish you could still play it, it was fun times.
>>
>>93014729
Doesn't it have bots?
>>
File: Eaw_alpha3_V-wing.jpg (42KB, 731x434px) Image search: [Google]
Eaw_alpha3_V-wing.jpg
42KB, 731x434px
i wana see some imperial pilots fly these bad boys
>>
>>93014079
there's only 6 months between the end of ESB and the end of ROTJ so they have 1/7 the timeframe to do stuff in
>>
>>93015431
>24 version of shadows of the empire starring Kiefer Sutherland as an imperial officer on the rise
>>
File: Help Us.webm (3MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Help Us.webm
3MB, 1280x536px
>>
We better get a DLC with Rebels characters for Battlefront II

Especially Inquisitors.
>>
>>93015918
>Look up
>See Inky flying above the battleground

I'd pay a lot for this
>>
I need a good star wars username that implies i want to fuck aliens

lekkulover is good but i need a second one
>>
File: 1361008144686.jpg (336KB, 2048x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1361008144686.jpg
336KB, 2048x1600px
>>93016074
Wookiee Nookie
>>
>>93016074
Nerf "herder"
>>
File: Shhh.jpg (33KB, 797x461px) Image search: [Google]
Shhh.jpg
33KB, 797x461px
>>93000079
>Mira's son, has got it going on.
>>
>>93016074
TailheadsInMyBed
>>
>>93016074
Twi'licker
Nightsisterfister
>>
File: Tarkin murders Krennic.webm (3MB, 960x402px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin murders Krennic.webm
3MB, 960x402px
>>
>>93016074
Pantoranpleasurer

Mirialanmasturbator
>>
>>93016074
Chissmedownthere
>>
File: 1491332813154.png (359KB, 464x840px) Image search: [Google]
1491332813154.png
359KB, 464x840px
>>93016409
This is fucking brutal, and the reason I love Tarkin as much as I do

RO was so fucking good
>>
>>93016409
It astounds me that Lucasfilm had the balls to have a fully CGI human character like that. Not in a fast-paced action scene, but just in a room full of live actors standing around.

And then to have it be Peter Cushing.

I love it.
>>
File: 81Mjq5keBBL.jpg (510KB, 2560x966px) Image search: [Google]
81Mjq5keBBL.jpg
510KB, 2560x966px
>>
File: 81Z1o4oyLjL.jpg (469KB, 2560x966px) Image search: [Google]
81Z1o4oyLjL.jpg
469KB, 2560x966px
>>93016945
>>
>>93007629
Literally who?
>>
File: 81Jbniow3JL.jpg (506KB, 2560x966px) Image search: [Google]
81Jbniow3JL.jpg
506KB, 2560x966px
>>93016958
>>
>>93016899
That alone made it ballsier than TFA, which took zero risks.
>>
>>93016973
Is this the first canon material that makes Grievous look like a badass?
>>
>>93017263
He looks like he always does
>>
>>92986673
>Which doesnt make sense now considering the Rebels capture a ISD mark 2
What? When? I don't remember this. The biggest thing I recall them capture was that starfighter carrier that Sato later crashed to let the others escape.
>>
>>93017332
It's in the comics (specifically the main Star Wars book). The heroes capture a star destroyer, though doing so leaves it in poor shape and they struggle to keep it running partially because it's beat up and partially because there's only a handful of them trying to manage a giant ass ship.
>>
>>93015396
V's are such underrated shipfus
>>
>>93017274
I meant his actions.
>>
>>93016973
>another black human female
That chart needs to be updated.
>>
>>93017442

Meme or genuinely butt bothered?

Looks asian or native to me desu
>>
>>93017494
Just memeing. But seriously, where is the in-universe "diversity"? All the officers are either white males or black females, we hardly ever see black male or white female officers (can't think of anyone other than Pryce right now)
>>
>>93017575
Black females are just hitting two birds with one stone in terms of diversity
>>
>>93017635
That's real-life diversity, and, ironically, it reduces in-universe diversity.
>>
>>93017663
Of course, but in-universe content is crafted by real life people
>>
File: Not this shit again.gif (1MB, 540x198px) Image search: [Google]
Not this shit again.gif
1MB, 540x198px
>>93016409
God, you can tell he had so much fun with the role of Krennic

Probably my second favourite character in the series
>>
File: smug qt leia.png (319KB, 566x536px) Image search: [Google]
smug qt leia.png
319KB, 566x536px
Smug Rebels Leia is a qt.
>>
>>93016409
How the fuck did Tarkin explain the destruction of an Imperial strategic security base at the hands of the Empire's own weapon to the Emperor, especially after it accomplished nothing, since the plans got away anyway?
>>
File: A_Princess_on_Lothal_thumb.jpg (178KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
A_Princess_on_Lothal_thumb.jpg
178KB, 1560x878px
>>93017817
She is supposed to be what, 16 in that time period? Why is she so tall?
>>
>>93018158
He and Sheev are BFFs, that's how
>>
>>93018234
The Sith have no friends, only tools.
The loss this huge is inexcusable no matter what personal favors one might have.
>>
>>93016074
BothanBuggerer
WentdownonDevorian
Gungangangbanger
>>
>>93016074
RodianRodeo
>>
File: ayy lmao.jpg (56KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ayy lmao.jpg
56KB, 300x300px
>>93016074
What do you need them for, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>93018158
Considering how much shit Tarkin got done, he was deserving of a bit of poetic justice
>>
>>93018266
>Implying Dooku and Grievous aren't total bros
>>
>>93018336
Grevious was just a useful idiot, but it's surprising how Dooku kept him considering how much he fucked up
>>
>>93018367
He probably had some form of attachment to Grievous like he did with Ventress before Sheev told him to get rid of her because she was getting too powerful
>>
>>93018367
Grievous was loyal, also Sheev told Dooku that Grievous was vital to his plans for the Clone War
>>
File: 1496287852001.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1496287852001.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>93017796
>>
File: Grand_Moff_Tarkin.png (357KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Grand_Moff_Tarkin.png
357KB, 480x360px
>>93018266
>The loss this huge is inexcusable no matter what personal favors one might have.

It wasn't a total loss.

The big reason Tarkin even ordered it was because everything the facility had was backed up elsewhere.

Also, let's not forget that there isn't a whole lot of time between Rogue One and ANH. Sheev likely just didn't get the time to chew Tarkin out. By the time the whole failure comes to fruition, Tarkin is dead and Vader is the one who has to take the blame.
>>
>>93018582
>everything the facility had was backed up elsewhere
Didn't seem this way. Galen sent them specifically to Scarif. And everything was stored on hard drives, not in a network, so it must have been valuable, probably unique data.
>>
>>93018582
I wasn't a fan of rouge one and am surprisingly offended by using an actors image with out their express permission (I know the family said it was ok but they just wanted those sweet sweet sheckles) but those are some damn good graphics, the only time I was fully put off by it was when we saw his reflection in a window the rest of the time I was pretty impressed
>>
>>93018185
You do realise that women are generally fully grown by that age, right?
>>
>>93018582
>>93018616
That's from A new hope isn't it?
>>
File: Tarkin.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>93018613
>Didn't seem this way.

Tarkin literally asked if the base's data had backups. Once he got confirmation...

>You may fire when ready.

>>93018623
>That's from A new hope isn't it?
The image I posted is, yes.
>>
File: Favorite2.jpg (763KB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
Favorite2.jpg
763KB, 532x1250px
>>93001432
>>
File: favourites.png (1MB, 532x1250px) Image search: [Google]
favourites.png
1MB, 532x1250px
>>93001432
Pls no bully
>>
File: 1484261307166.jpg (200KB, 1340x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1484261307166.jpg
200KB, 1340x1600px
How did they get away with this? Also, is there any good art porn with this Padme?
>>
File: IMG_3540.png (2MB, 2400x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3540.png
2MB, 2400x1200px
>>93018828
Excellent taste
>>
>>93018828
Why bully? That's legit good taste, apart from the last one.
>>
>>93018870
That's exactly what I was worried about.

I really liked Grinky, so when we got 2 more Inkies I was ecstatic and now SS is my favourite character. Naturally her debut episode is my favourite.
>>
>>93018897
Grinky was the only good one. The rest were garbage that accomplished nothing.
>>
>>93018616
>rouge one
>rouge

Stopped reading there
>>
File: 7-1.jpg (79KB, 600x334px) Image search: [Google]
7-1.jpg
79KB, 600x334px
>>93018920
delet this
>>
>>93018955
>>
>>93018977
DELET
>>
File: 1492788964808.jpg (23KB, 330x280px) Image search: [Google]
1492788964808.jpg
23KB, 330x280px
>>93018920
I disagree.
>>
File: 5517213152cY4J.jpg (306KB, 1700x1134px) Image search: [Google]
5517213152cY4J.jpg
306KB, 1700x1134px
>>
>>92985202
Does anyone have a Download link for the clone wars 2003 series? The link in the pastebin is dead.
>>
>"Thank god _____ isn't canon"
>>
>>93019443
TOR, now I don't have to deal with it being canon to other KOTOR stuff.
>>
>>93019443
Who cares ? if something bothers you, canon or not, don't read / watch / play it
>>
>>93019443
Episodes IV-VI
>>
>>93019468
Canon can create implications for surrounding media though.

For example;

>Thank god Hutt's being hermaphrodites isn't canon. Now I can enjoy all of my canonical Huttese pornography!

Yeah... That was a silly example, but still.
>>
>>93019516
I really don't like the Prequel movies, but it doesn't prevent me to enjoy such "surrounding medias" like Republic Commando or the later seasons of TCW.
Just take what you like and ignore the rest, buddy.
>>
>>93018862
Anakin was pretty pissed when he saw that.
>>
>>92987243
Thats Rhun Var my dude
>>
>You will never fuck Sev.

WHY
>>
>>93016973
>Skrillex Side cut
Anyone want to explain to me why this haircut became so fucking common? Its ugly as fuck.
>>
>>93019468
Truth has been spoken

>>93019608
Cause Jedi and EA are total dicks
>>
File: e48.jpg (122KB, 696x402px) Image search: [Google]
e48.jpg
122KB, 696x402px
>>93019468
>>93019554
You still have to acknowledge it exists. A part of being a fan of a large multimedia universe like Star Wars (or Doctor Who or Marvel or whatever) is not just enjoying good stories, but also how the stories connect together and enrich the fictional world in general (and whether these stories are good is a different question). As bad as the prequels are as movies, they bring in a shit ton of important worldbuilding and lore details, and it's amazing. But some things just fuck the universe up instead of making it better, so you kind of wish they weren't canon. I thoroughly enjoyed KotOR on its own, for instance, but it was so stupid how there have been less cultural and technical progress in millennia between the Old Republic era and the PT than between the PT and the OT, that I'm glad that it is all gone from canon now.
>>
File: 1495837183015.jpg (69KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495837183015.jpg
69KB, 640x360px
>>93019516
Kys
>>
File: 1494372484480.jpg (73KB, 281x246px) Image search: [Google]
1494372484480.jpg
73KB, 281x246px
>>93019443
>>93019894
Spotted the cancer killing star wars
>>
>>93019960
>t. kotorfag
>>
>>93019894
I understand you, but I think you take it too far.
You don't like the state of technological progress in KotOR ?
Just open you old Tales of the Jedi comic book, it didn't disappeared at KotOR's release
You don't like stupid things from the EU like Luuke or Traviss' mandowank ? Just move on, the Star Wars universe is big enough to get something that can please you without being influenced by things you don't like.

Following your logic, we all should stop caring about what's happening in the ST because of how bad Wendig's books were.
>>
>>93013277
It didn't come from that.

The "sloth leaker" on /tv/ posted a lengthy description of the movie weeks ago that gained traction because of some ridiculous scenes, then just this morning new leaked set pics came out which corroborated his description of the movie.

Basically, according to him, there's a sequence on Ahch-To where Rey fights a sloth-like monster that emerges from the ocean. There are multiple scenes in the movie leading up to that point where Rey has a sense of being watched by the sea, and Luke has her "confront" the beast that's watching her as a test a la going inside the tree on Dagobah. When Rey manages to get the thing beached on land, it cuts away and cuts back to reveal Force Ghost Anakin standing there instead of the sloth. Anakin then talks to her about how rage can twist you into a monster, and it was all a vision quest Jedi lesson or whatever.
>>
>>93019960
Stop trying to start shit
>>
File: 1b298a935d[1].jpg (33KB, 585x346px) Image search: [Google]
1b298a935d[1].jpg
33KB, 585x346px
>>93019960
learn to aurebesh you gungan
>>
>>93019980
>Force Ghost Anakin
Holy shit. Is Hayden going to be involved?
>>
>>93020048
Who else?
>>
>>93020058
Jake Lloyd
>>
File: 055.jpg (160KB, 810x960px) Image search: [Google]
055.jpg
160KB, 810x960px
>>93020058
Damn, that would be amazing.
>>
File: LEWD.png (358KB, 770x551px) Image search: [Google]
LEWD.png
358KB, 770x551px
>>
>>93019443
>Let's pee in people's cofee guys!

>>93019984

>Dd don't start nuffin
>>
>>93019977
They have no logic. They are just glad old stuff is not canon so they don't ever have to read it.
>>
File: 1495116838073.jpg (149KB, 537x605px) Image search: [Google]
1495116838073.jpg
149KB, 537x605px
>>93019443
>>93019516
>>93019894
>>93019973
>>93019984
>>93019460

FUCK OFF JJ
>>
>>93020259
This is the most backwards, bullshit accusation I have ever heard an EUfag come up with
>>
>like 4 posts in a row suddenly shitposting against celebrating shitty ideas being non-canon
wew, it was just a bit of fun, no need to samefag so hard. Sorry your feelings were hurt
>>
File: Tarkin_&_Pryce.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin_&_Pryce.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>93017442
>>93017494
>>93017575
>>93017635
>>93017663
>>93017693
That girl isn't black enough to add to the chart, and I actually enjoy that they added such a person to the TCW era, but I must say it's very obnoxious to see "yet another strong black female" mucking around the imperial starfleets. I like WMBF but this is getting ridiculous.

Speaking of which there IS something to add to that chart, but I'll wait till next thread to show it.

>>93020131
Oh yeah, what did they mean by THIS?
>>
>>93020307
>Derails thread
>Sssstop same fagging
>>
>>93020290
It's a perfectly logic reason for a marketting point of view.
Dropping a huge ass chronology to avoid frightening a new audience is a common thing in such businesses.
Look at how DC and Marvel loves reboots like the New 52 or Ultimates.
Or like the Assassin's Creed series dropped the numbers in their sequels.
>>
>>93005473
Sleep tight yoders
>>
File: 1381968315541.jpg (54KB, 529x547px) Image search: [Google]
1381968315541.jpg
54KB, 529x547px
>>93020320
>le kawaii anime stutter
EUDF pls go
>>
File: wook.jpg (22KB, 447x68px) Image search: [Google]
wook.jpg
22KB, 447x68px
>>93020330
>its all greedy capitalism ruining my perfect EU, there's no reason anybody could possibly dislike that pinnacle of artistical integrity and perfection that comprises Star Wars Legends
>>
>>93020290
You must be new Because lot's of people are in that state of ignorance. Atleast they admit it instead of pretending old canon was "problematic" and that's whybit went.
>>
File: perfect.png (160KB, 368x412px) Image search: [Google]
perfect.png
160KB, 368x412px
>>93020318
They meant that these boobies are perfect.
>>
>>93020398
>Atleast they admit it instead of pretending old canon was "problematic" and that's whybit went.
Yeah, no, you're retarded.

Everyone here knows why the EU was sidelined. It was never canon and didn't align with the world Lucas built.

They started expanding canon from his works once he left Lucasfilm. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>93020398
Nigga, have you read The Lando Calrissian Adventures? 'Cause I have, along with lots of other crap that has no place in the Star Wars universe. The old EU was full of it. We know what we are talking about when we call it a retarded mess. We lived through it too.
>>
>>93020449
>The Lando Calrissian Adventures
was that the shitty edgy trilogy from 1983? I read those and I wish I hadn't, they're nothing like the Han Solo Adventures from 1978-9 (which were silly, but pleasant) I think it's a serious accomplishment that the EU was already ruined by mean-spirited grimdark faggotry 20 years before the yuuzhan vong ever appeared
>>
>>93016973
>>93017442
If you think she's black, you really need to refer to your Ophthalmologist
>>
>>93020381
Both are autism you faggot
>>
>>93019980
Anyone got the complete leak?
>>
>>92986059

Big part of me suspects that the films would receive this kind of criticism regardless of if it was pandering or not. The previous films had so few female characters that any new ones feel out of place by comparison.

I'm reality you've got the same amount of ladies doing shit as the old ones. They're just not relegated to showing their midriffs, being saved or doing political legwork.
>>
>>93018920
They wiped the floor with the Ghost Crew. Only Ahsoka and Maul stomped them and rightly so.
>>
File: char_headshot_sid.jpg (213KB, 449x496px) Image search: [Google]
char_headshot_sid.jpg
213KB, 449x496px
>>93019980
>Are you an angel?
>>
>>93020768
>female characters don't count as heroes if they are sexy or show any signs of weakness
hello tumblr
http://naavscolors.tumblr.com/post/160778587933/inspredwood-how-do-these-people-get-journalism
>>
>>93020796

I still think it was a wasted opportunity that Zeb never went melee with the Inquisitors. Surely his bo-rifle functions the same as a Magnaguard staff.

Would've been a cool case of pottery if they did that in a scene;

>Ezra: That can fight Lightsabers?! Zeb, did you know yours could do that?
>Zeb: Um... yeah! I totally knew... hehe.
>>
>>93020420

Nah, this naive. It went because Disney didn't want to pussyfoot around nerds screaming about their contradictory stories while they were making new films. You can't let years of secondary storytelling hamper the creative process of primary material.

People make the mistake in thinking the new canon is any more permanent than the last. The films remain, the ancillary material will fade - even the cartoons. Ten years down the line they'll be up for the chop too.
>>
>>93021200
EU was non canon and being replaced since 2008.

Get over it.

>People make the mistake in thinking the new canon is any more permanent than the last.
>The films remain, the ancillary material will fade -
>even the cartoons.
>Ten years down the line they'll be up for the chop too.

>this is what EUtists actually believe
>>
>>93020449
>>93020478

The fact that you believe every EU story was canon until the wipe shows just how underage you are.
>>
>>93020449
>The Lando Calrissian Adventures
Someone please give me a rundown.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58KB, 1340x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58KB, 1340x720px
>>93021255
LMAO. It's afraid.
>>
>>93021266
Yeah? They kept referencing it and trying to fit it with the rest of the EU instead of letting shit like that rot in the "S-canon" tier
>>
>>93021309
Lando meets ancient buddies of the Vong
>>
File: SW-Chart-I.jpg (947KB, 1415x1000px) Image search: [Google]
SW-Chart-I.jpg
947KB, 1415x1000px
>>92987124
>>
>>93021339
No they didn't actually.
>>
>>93021200
>It went because Disney didn't want to pussyfoot around nerds screaming about their contradictory stories while they were making new films.

No, it went because George wanted to set the record straight. The EU being officially labeled as non-canon happened while George still owned Lucasfilm.
>>
File: 1495349625241.jpg (46KB, 754x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495349625241.jpg
46KB, 754x600px
>>93021309
first book - Roots in Space
second book - Lando fights ISIS
third book - Lando defeats a space cockroach, and not the big kind from Men in Black, just a literal normal sized earth cockroach in a human sized suit

>>93021266
>>93021315
>>93021200
>this eufag damage control
fuckin lel my man let it go its been 3 years, that's a long time to cultivate sour grapes
>>
>>93021421
WRONG

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vuffi_Raa
AppearancesEdit
◾Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
◾Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu (First appearance)
◾The Hutt Gambit
◾Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
◾Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
◾Rebel Dawn (Mentioned only)
◾Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire audio drama
◾Dark Forces: Soldier for the Empire
◾HyperspaceIcon Lando Calrissian: Idiot's Array on Hyperspace (article) (content removed from StarWars.com; new link on Suvudu; backup link on Archive.org) (Mentioned only)

SourcesEdit
◾The Essential Guide to Droids
◾GalaxyCollector "Use the Force: A Novel Trivia Quiz"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 5
◾The Essential Chronology
◾The Official Star Wars Fact File 126 (VUF1-2, Vuffi Raa)
◾The New Essential Chronology
◾The New Essential Guide to Droids
◾Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
◾The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
◾Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 1
◾The Essential Atlas
◾Databank title Millennium Falcon in the Databank (content now obsolete; backup link on Archive.org)
◾Millennium Falcon Owners' Workshop Manual
◾The Essential Reader's Companion
◾SWInsider "Authors of the Expanded Universe: L. Neil Smith"—Star Wars Insider 145
>>
>>93021421
>>93021733
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Silentium
>This new culture of order and symmetry soon brought them into conflict with the chaotic, self-constructing droids known as the Abominor. The two droid species fought a galactic war, ignoring their galaxy's native organic species, until the organic Yuuzhan Vong fought back and forced both droid powers to flee their galaxy.
>>
File: 1496360574794.png (527KB, 800x791px) Image search: [Google]
1496360574794.png
527KB, 800x791px
>>93021712
>>93021733
LMFAO shills buttdevasted!!!!

How will they ever recover?
>>
>>93015961
A trio of Inkies make a dawn attack on your position via saber-copter. As they are silhouetted against the rising sun, Ride of the Valkyries starts blasting into your ears.
>>
>>93003671
The admirality board. Which Moffs appeared, if only to act like idiots so our strong independent wymen looks good? Please tell me my man Thrawn and that fat gay guy weren't there.
>>
File: 1454482526253.png (191KB, 392x336px) Image search: [Google]
1454482526253.png
191KB, 392x336px
>thread ending with eu vs nu-canon flame war
The thread ended not with a bang, nor a whimper, but with autistic screeching and flailing.
Thread posts: 535
Thread images: 162

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.