[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I am currently watching season 3 and it's still an amazing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: Steven-Universe-title-1280x768.png (1MB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Universe-title-1280x768.png
1MB, 1280x768px
So I am currently watching season 3 and it's still an amazing cartoon. Why does /co/ hate this series? If you're wondering, I just finished the episode Gem Hunt
>>
>>92980048
Excessive crying. Which at this point is more of a joke.
>>
>>92980048
Because you stupid faggots can't stick to your fucking containment thread that's why
>>
Because i don't know what it wants to be, but all assumptions on what it wants to be suck.

>subversive shojo anime
Fails
>SoL show
Fails
>emotional drama
Fails
>absurd comedy
Fails
>lore heavy scifi
Fails
>Yellow Submarine-esque musical
Fails
>"comfy" monster of the week
Fails

You know what it does accomplish, now that i think about it? Being a glorified self-insert soap opera made for shipping, OCs, and deviantart (oh I'm sorry, Tumblr) preteen cancer.
>>
>>92980048
/co/ baits it because /sug/ is easy to rile up and the SJW elements make SU an easy target.

/sug/ hated it for a few months because there's like a 16 episode streak in Season 4 broken up by a cool but initially vapid bomb in the middle of shit-tier townie episodes. Immediately afterwards the quality skyrockets though.
>>
>>92980048
Same reason there's a pony ghetto: half of /co/ is insecure in its masculinity and any thing that isn't super edgy is a threat to their fragile ego.
>>
>>92980048
because someone is literally paying anons to talk shit about it on /co/
>>
>>92980048
wait till you get to gem harvest then we'll talk
>>
>>92980048
because your on season 3 still

/co/ will always have people who hate good shows because they are contrarian

However SU really takes a dip in season 4, although it looks like season 5 is back on track
>>
>>92980048
Stop spamming /co/ with you begging the question.
>>
>>92980221
>shipping
gonna be real with you - it's nowhere near your standard series when it comes to that.

I think the fans are just that crazy
>>
>>92980221
I can't remember the last time the show made me laugh
>>
>>92980896
Bullshit; the entire fusion mechanic is made for shipping. Think about it:

>requires 2 people
>can be activated by either doing sensual (sexual) dancing or by force
>billed as "an emotional bond between two individuals"
>the more humanoid and singular the fusion looks, the more "connected" the two are
>the names even combine, emulating that autistic Bradjolina/Juslinia couple naming convention

It's just ripe for dumbass little girls to go all Zuke with the characters and match them together like hormonal lego
>>
>>92980048
/co/ doesn't hate this show.

And /co/ isn't a few outspoken posters.

Relax yourself and stop looking for group consensus on an image board full of anonymous posters. You're going to only find such where there is an overwhelming and undeniable agreement:
>everyone on /v/ likes to argue for the sake of arguing, and thus not even contrarianism adequately describes the vibe
>everyone on /aco/ has a weird fetish
>everyone on /g/ is a wannabe software dev
>everyone on /x/ roleplays
>everyone on /a/ has shit taste
>everyone on /tv/ admits that "The Thing" is a fantastic movie
>everyone on /b/ pretends to be over 18
>everyone on /pol/ agrees to be retarded
>everyone on /cgl/ has a vagina or is gay
>everyone on /u/ loves Yuri

In only one of those examples could I pull an everyone loves/hates "x".

Stop looking for community consensus in a place without usernames on a specific topic. It's not going to happen.

SU is pretty good and I like it for what it is.
>>
>>92981739
>everyone on /g/ pretends they don't use windows and run riced Linux VMs for screenfetch threads
>everyone on /tv/ admits that "Get Out" is a (((fantastic))) movie
>everyone on /pol/ pretends they didn't come during or after the election

ftfy
>>
>>92982007
Those are also true.
>>
>>92980048
What are you looking forward to seeing in the plot?
What do you want to see explained or researched in the show in the future?
Just from the episodes that you have seen so far?
>>
>>92981739
this desu
>>
>>92981089
Because you only watch children's cartoons
>>
>>92980048
>So I am currently watching season 3
>Why does /co/ hate this series?
stopped reading
>>
>>92980048
Because it's in /co/'s nature to hate everything. Remember how excited everyone was for Samurai Jack Season 5? Apparently the entire series is shit now because ~50 assholes didn't like the ending.
And people say Reddit is hiveminded.
>>
File: 1463358903254.jpg (53KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1463358903254.jpg
53KB, 604x604px
>>92984320

Did you really needed to bump this up from page 7? Couldn't you just let it die?
>>
>>92980048

Because you haven't gotten to where people started disliking it yet, idiot.

Let's see if you're singing the same tune after season 4.

Granted, /co/ likes it again now that season 5 started with an excellent series of episodes.
>>
>>92984590
I'm sure S4 isn't that bad when you're binging.
>>
>>92980048
>still an amazing cartoon
>Gem Hunt
i don't remember the episodes that much , gonna see where you left out
Gem Hunt? so this person enjoy:
>Beach City Drift
>The New Lars
>Greg the Babysitter
>entire cluster arc
Oh is just bait , carry on then
>>
>>92984865

Yes it is. Parts of season 3 are too. The first two seasons only have a few misfires that usually come alone, but S4 in particular has multiple in a row more than once, which really drags on a binge watch.
>>
>>92980048
I personally can't get over how fuckugly it is.
>>
I was in a similar boat to OP, just binged the whole series after /co/ was flooded with pictures of Blue Diamond's newly revealed face

I didn't see the drop in quality people talk about, and also have a hard time understanding where the later-season-hate comes from

But maybe I had to be around for all the WHAT WE REALLY ARE hype and letdown cycles to understand
>>
>>92980048
>tries to be emotional but the characters never change
>creators don't understand teenage boys despite writing one
>shoehorns progressive elements into everything even when it hamstrings a character's development(such as Connie having to use the sword instead of Steven accepting that pacifism can't fix all problems)
>>
>>92980247
>tips fedora respectfully toward you
>>
>>92980048
/co/ never hated it, it was more of a tsundere relationship. Nowadays /co/ is just angry at the shitty pacing, boring townie episodes and ruining of potentially good characters like Peridot and Lapis, though things have been getting better lately
>>
>>92986073
>it doesn't subscribe to my headcanons about human nature so its shit
>>
>>92986073
>creators don't understand teenage boys despite writing one
This is kind of true. Steven doesn't really act like a human being past season 1, but if you want a real teenage boy, look at Lars instead of Mr. Perfect, the little shit.
>>
>>92981564
>the names even combine
Because Garnet is just half of the word Ruby and half of Sapphire.
>>
>>92987088
>respectfully tips fedora back
>>
>>92980048
I don't hate the show per say, just its ass-backward airing schedule
>>
>>92984423
>page 7
>not using the catalog and making your experience much easier
>>
>>92987236
>though things have been getting better lately
But where do we go now that Steven is back from Homeworld? More Townie episodes!
>>
>>92980048
I'm more curious why didn't you just post this in the already sugeneral thread
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.