[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, how do y'all think Laura's doing as the new Wolvie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_8677.jpg (212KB, 900x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8677.jpg
212KB, 900x1367px
So, how do y'all think Laura's doing as the new Wolvie?
>>
I've been enjoying the comic thus far, I'm happy they got her into a black and grey costume instead of the blue and yellow one. It's one of the few Marvel titles that I've been enjoying enough to have on my pull list
>>
Bretty gud
>>
>>92975006
Better than Daken did
>>
>>92975006
Pretty good but I liked old school badass X-Force Laura better
>>
>>92975006
Honestly?

Her stories are trite and ill-suited to the character, the costume looks awful, and Laura still hasn't recovered from being turned into a completely different character by Bendis. She'd be much better off in a more focused book and without the costume. I feel like the resolution to the Kimura thing was also pretty goddamn terrible too.

But Gabby is pretty good so eh.
>>
File: 1394390922069.jpg (706KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1394390922069.jpg
706KB, 900x900px
>>92975006

Complete waste of Laura and an insult to Logan.

Laura should be X-23 and should run around in her leather pants doing her own thing, and "Wolverine" should be either Logan or nonexistent. Making Laura dress up in Logan's old yellow tights is an absurdly bad idea with no benefits at all, and seems to be done only to spite the fans.
>>
>>92975618
I don't think I agree to that. Laura was bound to follow Logan's legacy as the new Wolverine sooner or later.

I'd imagine the 'fans' wouldn't be that negative on it outside of Laura being Wolvie agressively obvious.
>>
>>92975692
I'd have much preferred that she do her own thing.

Especially since 'Wolverine' isn't really a title or a job description, it's who Logan was. It's not like Captain America where you step into the role of being a figurehead. The Wolverine was all the awful things about Logan he himself hated. It wasn't a part of himself that he liked, even if it was possibly the greater part of himself.

I never get the impression that Logan would ever want another person becoming 'the Wolverine' after he's dead. It's like someone wearing his skin.
>>
>>92975618
>seems to be done only to spite the fans.

...Like most things Marvel does these days.
>>
>>92975618
Actually, Laura should be called 'Talon', you don't see all of the X-men running around calling James 'Weapon X', but I'm sure you already knew that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.