[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When does this get good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

When does this get good?
>>
>>92971888
Depends. Where are you at?
>>
>>92971925
I'm reading issue 8 at the moment. I'm not going to say that it's been bad but at the same time it doesn't really excite me so far in the way that makes me need to read more of it.
>>
When you get some taste.
>>
>>92971888
>>
Rock of Ages. I think that's in the tens somewhere.
>>
>>92971955
At Rock of Ages, I'd say. I won't lie to you, though, it is weird still. You will be slightly confused as things get rolling, but soon it's like you're pulled into a spider's web of this insane journey. However, it is a bit rich at times; I compare it to a large, gooey, monster of a chocolate cake that is almost too colossal,
-- too good -- to eat with its wealthy overabundance chocolatey goodness. In fact, I also recommend reading this with a cake of sorts (preferably from an actual baker) with a cup of tea (use brown sugar instead of white for full coziness) and read in the early slither of the morning as the sun cracks above the golden horizon. This is best when recently out of the shower and still warm under your bathrobe and slippers.

Oh, and just skip the JLA/WILDC.A.T.S. crossover if you want to. It isn't important later on.

I also recommend reading it with another title that was going on at the same time if you want to connect more. I personally did fine on my own, but it made me regret not reading along some of the heroes' other delightful adventures as well. I would have loved to have read The Flash a bit more.
>>
>>92971888
Never, you fell for the Morrison meme.
>>
I could never get past the art, 90's Howard Porter looks awful.
>>
>>92971955
>He didn't like the Hyperclan arc

Seriously?
>>
>>92971955
So (if I'm remembering the order correctly) You've read the Tomorrow Woman issue and seen Electric Superman fight a fucking angel and you're not impressed?

OP confirmed for shit taste.
>>
>>92971888
Page two.
>>
I was pretty disappointed with the first two arcs too, for it's time having a more daring writer like Morrison writing standard capes was interesting, but reading it after ASS, the BatEpic and Multiversity it does feel kinda "eh".

It picks up big time after Rock of Ages, with the amazing 1.000.000 crossover and the 5th Dimension battle.
>>
>>92973190
It was fine, that so far was the best part of the run.

>>92973362
Tomorrow Woman would be impressive if it hadn't been outdone by a million other sci fi stories told before it and since. Electric Superman is dope though, much better than mullet Supes from the beginning of the arc.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.