[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any recommended Star Sapphire reading?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3975415-9483042111-Infin.jpg (146KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
3975415-9483042111-Infin.jpg
146KB, 640x640px
Does anyone have any recommended Star Sapphire reading?
>>
>>92966619
Carol is pretty hard done by in comics so you won't find a lot of great stories about her or the other Star Sapphires.

For the modern takes, try:

Green Lantern v4 #18-20
Green Lantern v4 #29-35
Blackest Night: Tales of the Corps
Blackest Night: Wonder Woman

Elseworlds and stuff:

DC: The New Frontier
JLA: The Nail (for non-cringe villain Sapphire Carol)
>>
>>92966887
Oh yeah, and Green Lantern Rebirth (2004) reestablishes a bit of her backstory/family/outlook on life/motivation, which is more character work than she got in the past 10 years.
>>
DC really needs to figure out something to do with the Star Sapphires. If we are forced to put up with lanterns only for cosmic stuff, at least give the color corps something to do.

Hell, how about giving Carol a solid direction? Isn't she the CEO of an aeronautics company? Let a bitch build some mothafuckin' planes!
>>
>>92967049
They should connect her company life and her cosmic superheroing life with a story revolving around alien tech.
>>
>>92967049
>>92967154
That would involve Carol having a personality and goals of her own and not just being an accessory for the closest male character so that wouldn't work
>>
>>92966887
Carol was pretty good in GLTAS too, not a comic obviously but still worth checking out

I also liked her quite a bit in Marv Wolfman's GL (GL v2 133-153) but she wasn't Star Sapphire in that
>>
>>92967154
>wakes up one day
>realizes "Hey wait a minute. I have access to alien super tech. I can corner the market on spaceships!"
>flies around collecting resources to build her ships
>supporting cast is her employees
>various business shenanigans, marketing, cost effectiveness, engineering issues etc.
>maybe a subplot with the Zamarons breathing down her neck
And there's your ongoing. Goddamn.

>>92967224
Poor Carol really does suffer from designated love interest syndrome.
>>
>>92966619
Im partly colorblind, is Star Sappire pink or purple? Violet or Magenta?
>>
>>92967586
Violet.
>>
>>92967394
You can also add alliances and wars with alien nations, STAR Labs, the D.E.O. and a fuckton of other things to the mix. Just make sure you don't turn Carol into an arms dealer and you're good to go.
>>
>>92967933
Other factions is always a good way to mix things up. Maybe give Carol a business rival who also wants to build her own spaceships.

>arms dealer
Well, Ferris Air does have a long history of military contracting, so that could be a thing. Give Carol some kind of ethical struggle.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.