[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Kamandi Challenge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

So, how is the Kamandi Challenge so far? I've never read any of the series, but the premise intrigues me and I was thinking of starting with the Challenge series
>>
>>92956002
There is no substitute for Kirby, anon. Kamandi is straight up one of the coolest comics to come out of the 1970's. Read that.
>>
>>92956365
This guy has it right. Kamandi is Jack Kirby saying "Hey Planet of the Apes is a thing. Well fuck that, I can do it better."
>>
>>92956002
I liked the first two issues well enough, but I don't know if they're the greatest intro to the character, it's a bit of a whirlwind tour of the Kamandi-verse.
Definitely read the Kirby stuff though. I think some was reprinted recently as a prequel of sorts to the Kamandi challenge
>>
>>92956408
>>92956365
Is the omnibus coming out in July worth it then? It doesn't seem to have a price yet but it collects all of Jack Kirby's issues
>>
It's cool. But you can tell the writers make their own stories and then insert them without much continuity.
>>
>>92958130
Definitely. You don’t have to read all of it before Challenge as it’s unrelated, but you should read some of it before.

>>92959464
Especially that Conner/Palmiotti issue. Horrible. I’ve been digging the rest though.
>>
>>92956365
I'd also say that Kamandi is also Kirby's most approachable solo work.
>>
>>92959464
Isn't that the whole point of the challenge?
>>
>>92960236
OK cool, I'll be sure to pick it up, It'd be dope if DC would start a Kamandi ongoing as well
>>
Kamand is he DC universe in the future right?
>>
>>92963473
yes the future and different universe
>>
>>92963473
Sometimes.
>>
>>92958130
>Is the omnibus coming out in July worth it then?

Looks like DC is resoliciting it or just cancelled it, it's off Amazon.
>>
>>92963781
What? Noooooo
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.