[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the season is over, would you say Greg Baldwin did a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1495605648389.jpg (242KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495605648389.jpg
242KB, 1600x800px
Now that the season is over, would you say Greg Baldwin did a good job voicing Aku? I noticed a lot of complaints about his performance at the start of the season, but they lessened as the season went on. So I figure people either got used to it, or Greg got better as he went on.
>>
I think Greg stayed the same throughout, but the initial shock of New Aku threw a lot of people off.

To be fair, he doesn't do a great Mako, but he still does a FANTASTIC Aku in his own right. His voice definitely fits the character of Aku, if nothing else.
>>
Got used to it.
>>
>>92955262
Genndy hired him from the audition and the last two episodes are incredibly close to Mako's delivery, so I think the "weird" voice Aku had pre-episode 9 was deliberate
>>
>>92955262
He did a lot better than I thought he would. I was satisfied.
>>
I didn't like his voice, except for the scene that shows the first fight with Jack again. I think Aku being quieter in that scene helped him do a voice more similar to Mako's.
>>
Mako can never be replaced.
But Greg was still very good.
>>
I thought he did a very good job. Then again, I didn't notice the Iroh change in voice actors when I first saw the ATLA series
>>
>>92955362

Yeah he actually really nailed it in the last two episodes.
>>
I think it's more jarring if you've heard Mako recently, so it was still worth it to show the old show intro in the beginning of the last episode, but didn't help the disconnect between Mako and Baldwin's performance

Was the same problem while watching the whole of Avatar the Last Airbender, it was very obvious when Mako had been replaced, on the other hand while watching the Legend of Korra I didn't even think about the fact that you were hearing Greg Baldwin as Iroh instead of Mako, it just seemed to be the correct voice
>>
he sounded surprisingly good, i can't recall any major complaints about his performance either
>>
>>92955456
They reused Makos dialogue from the first season. The only part that is Greg is when he says "you're back already?" And onward .
>>
>>92955262
He definitely comes across as a new version of the character, but Aku is bored and tired, so the deeper tone matches his personality.
It's an aku that lost his lust for power
>>
>>92955456
I don't think Mako himself could have done the horrified "Oh no" any better.
>>
>>92956066
I don't they used the old voice lines.
I'm certain that Greg also did the past Aku part as well
>>
>>92956210

nah, mako was listed in the credits
they used archived audio
>>
>>92956284
that was from the intro they showed in the beginning of the episode
>>
>>92955262
>>92955294
His voice got better in the later episodes, like he was practicing harder to get it right over time.
>>
much like the rest of season 5

it was a good as it couldve been given the circumstances

not bad. not blown away good. but not bad
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.