[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question: why did it take them so damn long to make a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 26

File: JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg (162KB, 628x860px) Image search: [Google]
JL_Wonder_Woman.jpg
162KB, 628x860px
Serious question: why did it take them so damn long to make a Wonder Woman? Not only has she been around for over 75 years, but she's pretty much THE female superhero in terms of recognition and importance. Hell, even Supergirl got a movie before her.
>>
>>92954605
Dammit, I meant to say "make a Wonder Woman movie".
>>
>>92954605
They thought she was too hard and complicated to sell to a mainstream audience
They considered giving her a tiger sidekick for the movie
>>
Because Sexism.
>>
Aside from usual hollywood shenanigans, folks weren't sure how to adapt her origins and storylines for the mainstream.
>>
>>92954605
Warner had a goldmine with DC character but never believed in them nor did they know how to make them work.
>>
>>92954697
>\lesser type of man.
Didn't he have two wives?
>>
>>92954605
I mean ask yourself why they waited to a Superman/Batman crossover movie long after Marvel did their crossover?

They simply did not have the confidence in their characters despite both being the most popular heroes on the planet.
>>
Because shes been wildly inconsistent over the years and practically all of her cartoon appearances, the most exposure she gets to casuals outside of the old tv show, regulates her to a supporting role. Moreover, her rogues arent as wildly known to the general audience. Basically doing a Wonder Woman movie is high risk in terms of making a casual audience care and they're more inclined to try another Batman or Superman movie given that they're a safe bet to make some money. Although I will say this, given the movies praise we'll probably see an increase in WW in media
>>
Warner Brothers didn't wanted to do it. Snyder had to invest his own money on it and even then he had to fight to be able to release it before Justice League and a ton of other movies.
>>
Female led movies don't do as well as male led movies. If Supergirl, Sheena, Red Sonja, Barb Wire, Tank Girl, Catwoman and Elektra did great, we'd have had her sooner. It's perhaps fitting that the first big female cape film to be a hit is for the first big female cape character.
>>
>>92954605
Wonder Woman has a really STUPID origin. Inconsistent, too, with the only static details being the dumb ones. At various points, she was sculpted from clay, Herkales's rape baby, and stranger. Once she gets going, she's great; she's either doing cool Greek myth stuff or having good team dynamics with the League. Good they got it done.
>>
>>92954842
The reason those movies didn't do well was because all of them sucked horsedick, not because they were female-led movies.
>>
>>92954776
It was more that his wife had a lesbian lover.
>>
>>92954832
And we are glad that they shitted on his version, and let Johns rewritte the movie on set.
>>
>>92954899
Movie execs don't believe in quality, if something is a success or failure it's because of market trends.
>>
>>92954925

He picked the director himself. He also helped with the story.

I know you hate Snyder, but this movie only happened because of him. This is just a fact.
>>
File: 1462089750248.png (194KB, 461x342px) Image search: [Google]
1462089750248.png
194KB, 461x342px
>>92954809
>her rogues arent as wildly known to the general audience.
She just doesn't have a rogue gallery with the numbers and quality that can carry a show, like Batman The Animated Series or Superman The Animated Series. Zara? Hypnota? Who cares? No one!
>>
>>92954605
>Serious question: why did it take them so damn long to make a Wonder Woman movie?

Nobody fucking likes her. That's the actual reason. Her main character trait is being an angry feminist bitch with an ugly costume.

I think it's a fucking miracle that the movie's actually apparently well received.
>>
>>92954998
Which you're totally right, but weirdly enough I'd like to see what an animated series would do with those characters. About the only villains people would know are Ares, Circe, Cheetah, and Giganta. Personally I'd find it hilarious if they dug up Blue Snowman
>>
>>92954962
He was an idea guy, and some of his plot points from BvS were ignored, you also can see how the narrative changed after the reception of BvS, and how the people working on it changed what they were saying in interviews "WW costume is red because of the blood of her enemies" to "this movie is full of hope and optimism!" after Johns.

I know that you are a fanbiy, but there is a reason for why the only movie with any kind of good will on the DCEU is the least Snyder-esque of all.
>>
File: 1296403806464.jpg (185KB, 908x457px) Image search: [Google]
1296403806464.jpg
185KB, 908x457px
>>92954998
>She just doesn't have a rogue gallery with the numbers and quality that can carry a show

Mister Freeze was a joke character prior to BTAS
Clayface was a nearly forgotten character

All of Wonder Woman's villains can fill the same niche as Batman's.
>>
>>92955058
Correction: People "like" her. Seriously, go ask a casual fan why they like Wonder Woman and see if you get a decent response.
>>
>>92955058
>Her main character trait is being an angry feminist bitch

You've literally never read a Wonder Woman comic.
>>
>>92955074
>you also can see how the narrative changed after the reception of BvS, and how the people working on it changed what they were saying in interviews "WW costume is red because of the blood of her enemies" to "this movie is full of hope and optimism!" after Johns.

Terrio was already saying that Justice League was going to be more hopeful before the release of BvS.

And Wonder Woman didn't ignored any of the plot points from BvS.

And people are retarded. Just because Snyder isn't the director that doesn't mean he wasn't involved in the movie. He even had a cameo in it. This movie wouldn't exist without his help. You can moan all you want. This is something that everyone involved in the movie has recognized.
>>
>>92954605
Had to wait for a good Captain America movie.

With The First Avenger and Winter Soldier laying the ground work, a female Captain America movie (WW) could be made without any of the faults in the aforementioned movies.

I really liked it.
>>
>>92954667
>They thought she was too hard and complicated to sell to a mainstream audience

Xena worked and that was basically Wonder Woman with the serial numbers filed off.
>>
>>92954605
She's had about a billion false starts two 3 TV adaptations (two of which didn't make it past the first episode)

The funniest thing is there is like five or so directors who were looking to adapt WW, all had an actress in mind for the role. None of them were Lucy Lawless
>>
>>92954925
[Citation needed]
>>
>>92954605
Because every other female superhero movie was dogshit and the standards of superhero movies are so low that you can get a shit movie every year and get a rating of 80%+ on a review site with people praising it as "the best superhero movie ever".
It also just happened that people realized that superhero movies are a mainstream thing now and people would watch whatever shit DC or Marvel regurgitates.
>>
Had to wait for the public to forget WW1 happened so that it could seem more exotic.
>>
>>92954605
Catwoman and Elektra created the atmosphere that fem cape leads were low returns/
>>
>>92954667
See, I don't get that at all.

>Amazon princess
>cares about people
>leaves home to stop bad guys from making world war worse
And clearly the overwhelmingly positive reception of this movie proves that nobody had any trouble following this dirt simple premise, so... once again, execs show themselves to be utterly full of shit.
>>
That movie was straight ass and I can't believe I let DC get me AGAIN
>>
>>92955270
Speaking of which, anyone watch that Wonder Woman pilot? Jesus Christ that was bad. Its like someone really wanted her to be Batman
>>
Can we just execute movie executives once and for all? They always know nothing about what audiences actually want.
>>
>>92955348
Go to bed Bendis
>>
File: slott ww.jpg (40KB, 437x169px) Image search: [Google]
slott ww.jpg
40KB, 437x169px
THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN
>>
>>92955390
WEW LAD
>>
I've only read Gail Simone's run, which I found kind of boring, and Grant Morrison's Earth One which I liked because I'm a pretentious try-hard drone.

What Wonder Woman comics do I read next?
>>
>>92955361
How that make me Bendis
>>
>>92955420
Rebirth?

I mean its that or golden age stuff which has all been retconned away anyways
>>
>>92954998
>>92955059
Considering writers are so obsess about "redefining" a character, Wonder Woman's rogues are the perfect bunch to do that for since so many are just forgotten golden/silver age characters.
>>
File: perez ww.jpg (855KB, 1600x1224px) Image search: [Google]
perez ww.jpg
855KB, 1600x1224px
>>92955420
George Perez's run
Rucka's Year One
>>
>>92955432
Bendis is just the most well known outspoken Marvel writer right now though i'm sure he would gush over wonder woman if someone asked him about it
>>
>>92955390
>best DC film in over 3 decades
>3 decades

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>92955390
Discounting Nolan he's not wrong.
>>
>>92954842
>Aliens,Kill Bill,Underworld dont count
>>
>>92955474
You know everyone comments on how WW doesnt have a big nemsis or has an unstable story compared to Bats and Supes but i wonder if that may be because wondy never really got a big tv series or movie to kinda cement that stuff like Batman and Superman did.
>>
>>92955390
Because Slott is a perfect judge of quality.
>>
>>92955522

>2017
>2007
>1997
>1987

So it's the best DC movie since Superman II?
>>
>>92954605

Because for the longest time she was a clusterfuck. She flew an invisible jet, had a kangaroo as a mascot, couldn't decide if she was a rape baby or made of clay and had no interesting villains
>>
>>92955094
>ask a casual fan literally anything about comics and see if you get a decent response

ftfy senpai
>>
>>92954605
She had a successful TV show in the 70s. That alone is the bigger achievement.
Besides, she really doesn't have any big storylines to draw a script from.
WW fans will say otherwise but its true
>>
>>92955590
That, but she's had so many relaunches over the years, and unlike other characters like GL or Flash who've had multiple notable characters to make it more compact , it makes Wonder Woman's history seem so chaotic, even by comic standards.
>>
File: slott ww 2.jpg (38KB, 338x245px) Image search: [Google]
slott ww 2.jpg
38KB, 338x245px
>>92955534
>>
>>92955474
Perez did that with my girl Circe, Cheetah, Dr. Psycho, Silver Swan, and several others, while Simone did it with Giganta.

Honestly, I've read a fair amount of WW material, and I think her rogues are just fine. Really, there big problem is that nobody uses them. Kind of a vicious cycle where nobody uses them, so nobody knows anything about them, so they assume they suck.

That, and a lot of people are way too obsessed with the myth stuff, thinking that the series has to be all Greek all the time, when I find that focusing too much on the myth stuff ends up bring detrimental more often than not.
The Greek gods are assholes? Why thank you for reminding me for the fifty trillionth time. Can we get to the actual superhero stuff now? No? Zeus is being a dick again? WELP.
>>
>>92955474
So what we're getting at is someone over at WB needs to fast track a Wonder Woman animated series digging up every golden/silver age baddie we can? Because Id totally watch that
>>
>>92955131
>And Wonder Woman didn't ignored any of the plot points from BvS.

BvS says that until Doomsday showed up, she'd retired from heroing after the war because she lost faith in people.

Her narration in WW says that she didn't lose faith, she realized that people have both good and bad in them and she never gave up fighting for love, she's been doing heroing in Europe for years.
>>
>>92955515
But he liked the movie. I dont
>>
>>92955787
>Simone did it with Giganta
Which issues were those again? Id like to read them. Giganta doesn really have a lot of focus despite being a prominent Wondy villain. Could you recommend the trade?
>>
>>92955295
What? The fact that Johns was rewritten things is common knowledge. It is part of the reason for them putting him in charge. >>92955799 is an obvious sign of that.
>>
>>92955787
The myth stuff is a great backdrop for Wonder Woman, much in the way Science Fiction is for Superman, and gritty street level is for Batman, but yeah, people are use to seeing them dip out of their comfort zone and do other/different things (crossovers/team books need not apply). People think WW isn't as flexible, so it would be great to shatter those misconceptions, and an animated series would do wonders for that.
>>
>>92955905
I don't remember Simone actually using her a lot in the Wonder Woman run, but Giganta was in the Atom series that she wrote
>>
>>92955787
I agree about the Greek stuff. Her origins and past are the least interesting things about her.
She's almost like the Hulk in that way.
Was it a gamma bomb? A self-experiment gone wrong? A failed attempt to recreate the Super Soldier Serum? A combination of gamma radiation, starfish DNA and nanomachines? DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER! He turns into Hulk just give a run down of the origin and get to the good part.

WW is the same way.Just mention she's from a magic island of warrior women and now she's on a mission to spread peace. Boom done.
>>
>>92955924
But it hasn't been confirmed yet.
>>
>>92955799
I am totally cool with this

Just soft reboot it gently

>>92955924
I believe it but Johns wasn't credited under story or screenplay.
>>
>>92955607
Superman IV was '87.

Superman II was 80 or 81, depending on how you count it.
>>
So is the verdict that the movie is good? I love DC but haven't been too into any of the live action movies really.
>>
>>92956300
It's predictable and boring and has more slow motion shots than an early 2000 movie
>>
>>92955799

Maybe she was referring to WWII?

Why she'd refer to a different war that she fought in i don't really know.
>>
File: bae.jpg (974KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bae.jpg
974KB, 1920x1080px
>>92956300
In one anon's opinion, it's an utter waste of 2 hours and 20 minutes.

The first hour is slow-paced origin (which I get it, we need that for the normies, but it's dull and the bad dialects are really distracting) and dick jokes (hurr hurr let's dedicate ten minutes to PG-13 sex jokes). It's set during WWI because "???" and feels like they wanted to make a Saving Private Ryan -lite -lite, but had to throw in a DC character. There are only three charaters with actual character, all of them secondary: Steve's secretary, Steve's scottish sniper buddy, and Wonder Woman herself. Godot shines in momentary reactions but the script is utter shit and follows Chris Pines' stuttering soldier far more than its title character.

Logan has the same runtime, go rent that instead.
>>
>>92956300
If you like MCU movies you'll probably like this one
>>
>>92955799
It's implied that WW2 broke her. Which is why... Ironically, Superman's meaningless death now has meaning thanks to WW. Superman's death literally would remind her of Steve's sacrifice.
>>
>>92956585

World War 1 was the first war to use large scale chemical warfare. Which makes sense for using a character like doctor poison.
>>
>>92956662
sorry, I'm a newfag, one sec
>>
>>92954605
That black widow movie coming out when?
>>
>>92956585
b..but I don't really want over 2 hours of grimdark sniktbub
>>
>>92956103

And Superman III and IV was terrible, so he must think it's the best one since Superman II.
>>
>>92955059
Which is why i was suprised that dr poision is going to be in the movie is she any good in the movie?
>>
>>92956662
Okay, now that I know I can use spoiler tags,

why the hell wasn't Doctor Poison given a bigger hand in the story? She was just kind of there, the whole movie, as a second- or third-tier supporting role for the totally-not-Ares German commander. I realize she's already got an established role in the comics, but as a normie myself, I was gunning for Dr. Poison to be the twist Big Bad.

The exchange between Doctor Poison and Steve made it seem like she had been given lots of focus in a previous version of the film, but what made it to theaters seemed to favor a half-baked romance over digging into WW's rogue's gallery.
>>
>>92955154
Women watch a lot more TV then men (especially when you don't count sports and news which are disproportionately watched by men). The same discrepancy does not exist for movie ticket sales. You shouldn't be surprised that there are more female protagonists on TV than in movies.
>>
>>92956786
She was cute
>>
>>92954667
She had a highly successful TV show in the 70s. It's not like Live-action Wonder Woman hadn't been done before.
>>
>>92954605
Her extra-comic appearances in cartoons and other forms of media have been incredibly contradicting and different that they had no idea what to adapt, characters like batman and Superman had the benefit of having serieals very early on to boost public awareness, wonder woman did not

Now that cape movies are the best thing since sliced bread you don't really have an excuse, especially when building a universe in separate movies
>>
You think this fast tracked the Shazam movie?
>>
>>92956802
I guess if she was calling the shots, Diana wouldn't or shouldn't have spared her, and the movie needed a guy for the fakeout. Like how Zola seemed much less evil in Cap 1 than in Cap 2
>>
>>92956779
He's not wrong.
>>
>>92957036
>Shazam film
You mean black Adam right?
>>
My issue is why it took so long to re-imagine Wonder Woman as someone who should be wearing a battle skirt instead of blue underwear with stars (or worse, pants)
>>
>>92957143
That still seems retarded to me, even if it happens
>>
>>92954605
I think they could have casted more female bodybuilders to look the part of Amazons.
Especially Angela salvagno
Maybe not as Wonderman, but definitely as some background Amazons
>>
>>92954667
>tiger sidekick

Goddamit movie dumbasses that's Bill Batson's thing.
>>
How is the movie anyway? It's been getting good reviews but I trust you guys a little more for some reason.
>>
>>92957312
It's happening, they're planning on doing both, with black Adam first, but I guarantee that Shazam is going to be in development hell and the only reason they're making black Adam is because of the rock
>>
>>92954605

Why did it take them so long to make anything that wasn't Batman and Superman. Why is it Z listers like Jonah Hex got films before Flash or Green Lantern?
>>
>>92957541
see
>>92956585

I've got more if you want to hear it
>>
>>92957541
It's a solid film, I'd probably give it a 7, the Villains are a tad weak, but given how much of a character movie this is, I don't think they needed to be strong villains. The third act kind of ends a bit abruptly too

It's worth the watch
>>
File: jenkins on ww.jpg (148KB, 1198x650px) Image search: [Google]
jenkins on ww.jpg
148KB, 1198x650px
>>92957541
Do you agree with pic related? If so, you might like it.
>>
>>92957541
About on par with your average MCU flick. Enjoyable enough to kill a couple hours and worth seeing over any of the other shit out right now, but not something you'd want to watch twice or go out of your way to see. Leagues better than the last three DCEU movies though, so hopefully Warner learns a thing or two from this.
>>
I simply do not understand where all this nonsense about her being "constantly relaunched" and her having no good stories and so on all comes from.

She has a completely linear, uncomplicated history, in reality, because instead of tons of spinoffs and OGNs that Bats/Supes have she's had one ongoing title defined by long runs by great writers.

It's all bullshit caused by that era of Wondie from 2006-2011 where editorial was making a big mess. Even I believed it back when I first got into Wondie after the Azz run, but I really quickly found it wasn't true. It's been so damaging to the character's perception just because there were two relaunches in such a short time, and one of them barely counts because it was an alternate timeline.

>>92955673
Yeah for the "longest time" she couldn't decide as in the last five fucking years and the Zeus origin still hasn't been retconned. Stop spouting shit you don't know anything about.

>>92954998
>>92955474
She has great rogues. Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't make them great.

Circe, Cheetah, Silver Swan, Dr. Poison, Giganta, Dr. Psycho, even ones like Queen Clea have had great modern takes.

Look, Flash's rogues used to be considered a joke. People used to say DC had no villains outside of Batman and Superman ones. Now everyone knows Flash's villains and GL's pitiful rogues gallery of Sinestro, Hector Hammond and Black Hand are A-list.

All they need is to get put in a cartoon and they're instantly considered great. That's all it is, you're just not familiar with them.

>>92955787
Jimenez was actually the one who really made the modern Giganta but Simone used her so well as a sympathetic villain trying to reform.
>>
File: wonder woman v2 148 - 12.jpg (606KB, 1024x1558px) Image search: [Google]
wonder woman v2 148 - 12.jpg
606KB, 1024x1558px
>>92957257
Leotard is a classic superheorine outfit which allows for constant ass shots.
>>
>>92957541
Definitely the best DCEU movie but that's not necessarily a huge accomplishment.
>>
>>92957541
It's just a good by the books superhero movie, nothing more nothing less.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omqcpGlDQAs
>>
>>92957741
>About on par with your average MCU flick

I won't be seeing it then. I'll stick to my comics.
>>
>>92957408

That man looks gross
>>
>>92957677
>character movie
>title character takes a backseat to a no one
>>
>>92957860
Well, I will add that it treats WW lore and characterization with a surprising amount of respect, so if you're a fan of the source material, at least there's that.
>>
>>92957541

It's a decent flick. It will be THE Wonder Woman movie like Superman 1 is for Supes for decades to come.
>>
>>92957908
>like Superman 1 is for Supes
I feel like anytime I hear people talking about THE Superman movie, it's Superman 2, not 1.
>>
>>92957869
says the virgin who doesn't want to be dominated by a female muscle woman
>>
>>92957757
Those are mostly mediocre rogues, anon
>>
File: 1040461-superman_reeve.jpg (27KB, 445x363px) Image search: [Google]
1040461-superman_reeve.jpg
27KB, 445x363px
>>92957853

>Marvel has a bunch of musical theme you can associate with the characters
>The DCEU doesn't

lolwut. The MCU music is shit. I can't for the life of me tell you what Thor's theme is.
>>
>>92957939

Yeah you're right actually. I always watch them back to back
>>
>>92957968

Nah he's gross. I'm sorry you're gay, anon.
>>
>>92958121
>>92958089
What happens in superman 2 anyway? I've never watched it.
>>
>>92958170

Zod, Not Faora and a retard fight Superman. Smoke Malboro. Drink CocaCola
>>
>>92957970
I don't know how you can say that.

Circe is unabashedly evil and so much fun.

Cheetah is a classic Jekyll/Hyde character.

Dr. Psycho is... well, psycho. If Simone or Rucka didn't make you love him I don't know what to tell you.

Silver Swan is another classic tragic villain.

Poison is a great Joker-type, just completely bonkers and loves it.

And then you have the just plain fun villains like Angle-Man.

>>92957939
I think most consider 2 a better film but 1 is the iconic one that showed people why Superman was still relevant.

>>92958170
Zod and friends escape from the Phantom Zone/Phantom spinning square in space, come to Earth, realize they have powers and decide to conquer mankind.

In the theatrical cut Superman puts them back in the Phantom Zone, in the Donner cut he kills them.

The plot is almost identical to Man of Steel.
>>
>>92958170
Basically Man of Steel, but good.
>>
>>92958160
You'd like me to be gay wouldn't you? No I just appreciate female muscle. It's my fetish
>>
>>92958272
I cannot for the life of me figure out why we keep fucking seeing Zod in movies. He's not important at all in Superman's comics. Where's Brainiac? Where's Parasite? Where's Mxyzptlk?
>>
>>92958291
>Cheetah is a classic Jekyll/Hyde character.
and a sexy cat girl
>>
File: cheetah.jpg (146KB, 706x970px) Image search: [Google]
cheetah.jpg
146KB, 706x970px
I was going to make a thread for this but I might as well just ask here:

I'm going to guess that, if there's a Wonder Woman 2, Cheetah will probably be one of the main villains in it. How could they get her appearance to work in live-action without looking ridiculous?
>>
>>92958340

Yeah but does your female muscle also have to have a man face? The one you posted legit looks like a tranny
>>
>>92958388

Short fur all other. Silky hair when you have fur looks dumb as fuck. Maybe get rid of the tail
>>
File: Sandra Bullock.jpg (25KB, 550x953px) Image search: [Google]
Sandra Bullock.jpg
25KB, 550x953px
They tried a few times.

Todd Alcott's 2000 draft, slated to be directed by Ivan Reitman.

>Diana Prince is a powerful Amazon warrior and an operative of the Defense Intelligence Agency deployed to prevent corrupt businessman Dr. Peter Sychopoulus from completing a weapon of mass destruction that damages metal structures without affecting the people therein. Sychopoulus intends to sell the weapon to a former Russian general planning a coup, but Diana retrieves a vital component for the weapon, the rare element Neutronium, being injured in the process.

>Meanwhile, in crime-ridden Gateway City, introverted secretary Donna Troy begins experiencing strange nightmares, through which she learns that she is a long-lost Amazon and Diana's successor as Wonder Woman.

>Donna begins using her powers to fight crime and crosses paths with rugged police detective Mike Schorr. They locate an injured Diana, who mentors Donna in controlling her powers. In the process, Donna learns that Diana is her mother, and gave her up for adoption to protect Donna from her enemies, after her husband Steve Trevor was murdered.

>The trio is located by Sychopoulus, who retrieves the Nitronium and prepares to bomb Gateway City to demonstrate the weapon's power. As Wonder Woman, Donna, alongside Diana and Mike, confronts Sychopoulus and his men and manages to destroy the bomb, but Diana sacrifices herself to save Mike and, after bidding farewell to Donna, passes away and joins the previous Wonder Woman in the afterlife.

Late 90's Sandra Bullock was approached to play Donna, and there were plans to bring Lynda Carter back as Diana.
>>
>>92958458

Over
>>
>>92958463
Oh, thank God Almighty we were spare fucking Sandra Bullock in a Wonder Woman movie. What a shitshow that would have been.
>>
>>92958388
probably the same way they did Dr. Who only with a bit more plaster and a little touch of C.G.I.
Really, the face is all they need to change, the body itself would be humanoid. Makeup with plaster would work fine for that kind of thing.
Jim Carrey's The Mask was a plaster mask
https://www.youtube.com/watchv=hFOJOsQdtmg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8cQYbMFs8
>>
File: 1.jpg (27KB, 285x485px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
27KB, 285x485px
>>92958391
better?
>>
>>92958388
Her current comics design will do the job. Easier to sell it if you really play up the bestial nature of the transformation. Body paint bullshit ain't gonna cut it. Guessing a physical suit touched up with minor CGI, Jurassic Park style.

Also, it would be a mistake to make the main villain. That's more Circe's thing.
>>
>>92958391
>man face
I really don't see it, to be honest with you.
>>
File: 1306573719454.gif (1MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1306573719454.gif
1MB, 193x135px
>>92958463

>That whole plot
>>
File: Angelina Jolie.jpg (182KB, 800x1085px) Image search: [Google]
Angelina Jolie.jpg
182KB, 800x1085px
Laeta Kalogridis' draft from 2002-2003. No director was formally approached.

>The Amazons are created by the goddes Artemis to protect the Doorway, a weapon created by Ares to conquer the world. Ares seduces Queen Hypolita to retrieve the Doorway, but Artemis teleports the Amazons and the Doorway to Themyscira, located in another dimension, before Ares can reach it.

>On present day, Steve Trevor accidentally breaches the dimensional barrier and crash-lands in Themyscira. Princes Diana rescues him and joins a competition organized by Hypolita to earn the right to escort Trevor back to Men's World. Before her departure, Diana learns that she is Ares' daughter and is vulnerable to his influence.

>In Men's World, Diana meets Steve's girlfriend, Vanessa Kapatelis, who leaves Steve after realizing that Diana and him have developed a close bond. The duo learns that Ares has adopted the identity of wealthy weapons dealer Aaron Buchanan and is gaining power by facilitating conflicts across the world. Ares' goal is to reach Themyscira and retrieve the Doorway, where he has stored the souls of the vilest conquerors of History, and kidnap the world leaders in order to use the Doorway to swap their souls so they will start a devastating global conflict, making Ares more powerful than ever.

>Diana, Steve and his team intervene as Ares' forces attack Themyscira through the ripple created by Steve. Diana rejects Ares' offer to rule the world as father and daughter and manages to defeat him. Ares ends up being trapped inside the Doorway. Diana reunites with her mother, but elects to return to Men's World with Steve to spread Artemis' teachings of justice and peace as Wonder Woman.

Early 2000's Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones were WB's top choices for the role.
>>
>>92958463
>Donna
Is it wrong that I would like to see Donna as semi-comic relief? I always liked the idea 52 presented, that she's a living paradox and ALL of her origins are true. And that's the joke, that various details about her keep changing, and nobody in-universe notices.

Realistically though, if Donna were in a sequel, she'd simply be Diana's twin sister, end of story.
>>
File: rogue.jpg (8KB, 219x194px) Image search: [Google]
rogue.jpg
8KB, 219x194px
>>92958853
>Angelina Jolie and Catherine Zeta-Jones were WB's top choices for the role.

Dodged two bullets there.
>>
>>92958853
>Steve's girlfriend, Vanessa Kapatelis,
I beg your fucking pardon?
>>
>>92954695
jesus christ this board is as tumblr as they say. WW movie hasn't happened because it's not profitable. Boys idolise strong male characters like Superman or intelligent characters like Batman. It's not sexism, stop forcing your faggoty politics everywhere. Girls just don't give a fuck about comics.
>>
File: Shannyn Sossamon.jpg (61KB, 474x632px) Image search: [Google]
Shannyn Sossamon.jpg
61KB, 474x632px
Joss Whedon's draft from 2005. He'd also direct the movie.

>Diana is the princess of Themyscira, a uncharted island in the Pacific Ocean inhabited by the legendary Amazons. Steve Trevor, a jaded former military pilot, crash-lands on the island while transporting supplies to impoverished children in Africa, and is sentenced to death by Queen Hyppolita. Diana is touched by Trevor's mission and challenges her mother to a duel, earning the right to escort Trevor back to civilization and help him complete his assignment.

>Diana then accompanies Trevor to his crime-ridden hometown, Gateway City, where Diana face the horrors of Men's World and decides to use her powers to fight crime as "Wonder Woman". Diana eventually finds out that the rampant corruption is facilitated by Spearhead, a weapons manufacturing corporation that has been facilitating conflicts across the globe to increase the demand for their products. Aided by Trevor, Diana dismantles Spearhead's operations, and finds out that the company's CEO is Ares' nephew Strife, who draws his power from global turmoil.

>Diana and Steve race against time to prevent Strife from using a mechanical chimera to destroy Gateway City, and Diana defeats him in combat, causing Ares to swear vengeance on her. She then chooses to stay in Men's World to guide them to a better tomorrow as Wonder Woman.

Shannyn Sossamon was reportedly Whedon's top choice for the role.
>>
>>92958291
The first Cheetah or the British one that tried to rape the Flash that one time?
>>
File: Megan Gale.jpg (448KB, 1618x2128px) Image search: [Google]
Megan Gale.jpg
448KB, 1618x2128px
Then there was George Miller's JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL from 2009. Megan Gale was locked down as Wonder Woman.

>Batman creates a spy-satellite called "Brother Eye" to monitor Earth's superheroes, which is hijacked by his old flame Talia Al Ghul and corrupt businessman Maxwell Lord. They target Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman and the Martian Manhunter with nanotech-based weapons, forcing them to retreat to Superman's Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic, where Batman alerts them about the conspiracy. Wonder Woman develops a close bond with the Flash, Barry Allen.

>Barry and his nephew Wally West, also known as "Kid Flash", find out that Lord is the sole survivor of the OMAC Project, a secret government program that ilegally experimented on children with psychic abilities. Lord wants revenge on Earth's heroes for not protecting him and others like him.

>The heroes confront Lord at his base of operations in New York City. Lord mind-controls Superman into nearly killing Wonder Woman, forcing Batman to break his neck. Lord's mind then merges with Brother Eye and unleashes a nanovirus that turns Earth's population into a hivemind of OMAC soldiers controlled by him and capable to adapting to the heroes' powers to neutralize them.

>The heroes battle Lord's army. Barry taps into the Speed Force and transverses the world at the speed of light, removing the nanobots from every person on Earth and sacrificing himself in the process. Superman then destroys Brother Eye. The heroes decide to form the Justice League in Barry's honor and Wally adopts the mantle of the Flash to honor Barry's legacy.
>>
>>92959090
>taking the bait
>>
>>92959090
TRIGGERED
>>
>>92959334
Modern Cheetah, Barbara Minerva.

Priscilla Rich is the fun Silver Age one.

I actually thought the blonde girl Diana steals her dress from in the movie was supposed to be Priscilla.

>>92959090
>it's not sexism
>goes on to say it's sexism
Make up your mind.
>>
>>92958853
>>92958998
I wouldn't have minded prime Zeta-Jones as Diana.
>>
File: Alex Ross Cheetah.jpg (465KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Ross Cheetah.jpg
465KB, 1600x1200px
>>92958388
>>
File: Megan Fox Wonder Woman.jpg (195KB, 1540x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Megan Fox Wonder Woman.jpg
195KB, 1540x1100px
Reminder that this was a thing people campaigned for.
>>
>>92957541
>trusting random idiots on the internet
>>
File: araah.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
araah.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>92959522
I still remember all those fags that wanted Gina Carano as WW.
>>
>>92959433
That's the British one. I forgot her name.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 800x1200px
>>92959376

Reminder that this fucker would play Maxwell Lord and he would talk alone with a picture of a dead baby.
>>
>>92957541
Honestly, it's a movie to rent, not to see in theaters. Unless you feel like it's really important to you to see it on the big screen, or to be able to BS about it with people, give it a pass until the DVD/Bluray
>>
>>92959179
>pacific ocean
>transporting supples to africa
>>
>>92955591
Literally what I was thinking.
>>
When I saw the trailer, I thought this was going to be Captain America: The First Avenger but with Wonder Woman. Can anyone confirm this similarity?
>>
>>92959796
Not really similar at all to me. Cap felt like a war movie but this is pure cape.
>>
>>92958853
>>92959179
>>92959376

You know the funny thing about this mess? If you search the unmade Superman movies and even the few World's Finest movies, you quickly realize that the DCEU despite whatever issue you might have with it are actually the better movies Warner Brother could give us.
>>
>>92959796
Yes, but this makes the message about heroism more poignant.
>>
File: Dr. Psycho 1.jpg (139KB, 506x611px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Psycho 1.jpg
139KB, 506x611px
>>92958463
>Dr. Peter Sychopoulus

Holy fucking shit that is bad
>>
>>92959836
Warner Bros. and Sony are hands down the most obvious cases of "we don't know what the fuck to do with our properties". I feel like any successes they had were flukes because from what I've heard both companies have a bunch of idiots in charge. Sony is worse than WB by a fair margin but WB is pretty bad when it comes to DC.
>>
>>92958853
I'd take Jolie as Wonder Woman.
>>
File: Pussy gonna get some.jpg (107KB, 620x977px) Image search: [Google]
Pussy gonna get some.jpg
107KB, 620x977px
>>92959334
I remember when that happened. Hilarious that she said that she despises rapists despite the fact she tried to fuck barry's brains out
>>
>>92961099
That's clearly Wally from the Johns/Rucka crossover arc
>>
>>92955357
>Its like someone really wanted her to be Batman
Same thing happened to Arrow. It's just a shitty version of the Nolan Batman movies. Most writers only have Bats on the mind when it comes to writing DC characters.
>>
>>92954605
They needed a good female director.
>>
>>92959829
>Cap felt like a war movie

Wonder Woman felt much more like a war movie by actually showing the consequences o war. What are you talking about?
>>
>>92963151
This. First Avenger was fucking Allied propaganda movie #4230645.

At the very least WW showed that War isn't a black-and-white thing.
>>
>>92963151
Because there are no superhero themes in the Cap movie. It was just a generic historically set action flick. You change the names and it's not even Marvel anymore.

WW on the other hand is very clearly superhero fantasy.
>>
>>92958344
Lego Superman said Zod is his most important enemy. Checkmate, sucka! Too bad for you!
>>
>>92959522
>>92959591
This is what I could never stand about the fan casting of Wonder Woman. It's rather over muscled She-hulk dykes or glorified porn actresses with collagen lips and a boob job which is something Wonder Woman definitely has to avoid. There would've been outrage.
>>
>>92959522
Actully if she didnt get too much cheap shawdy plastic surgery.

Have you seen a pic of ger recently?
Wonder woman with collagen stuffed lips would be a display of insecurity more.
Wonder woman is a super hero because all her traits are idealized.
She is as sexy as she is powerful as she is compassionate as she is just.
Megan fox hasnt been known nor does she carry or market herself as anything other than a sex object.
>>
>>92963381
>It was just a generic historically set action flick

Yeah with Super soldiers, SUPER Nazi scientists and cosmic cubes. Get the fuck outta here
>>
>>92955748
>Slutt has shit taste
What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>92954605
Same reason JL wasn`t first thing they made after capekino started getting any kind of traction.
If anyone can fuck up the unfuckable its WB
>>
>>92954998
>Superman The Animated Series
You mean Lex Luthor: Animated series.
Entire fucking show was Lex, with Parasite being the second character that was actually used several times and fucking Metallo.
>>
>>92965917
Lex Luthor: The Animated Series? Maybe in the first season I guess. It became Darkseid: The Animated series later on, a joke they even made in the DVD commentary. And that was a large group of villains combined into one effort so I didn't mind.
>>
>>92955058
>Her main character trait is being an angry feminist bitch
In the movie she literally isn't.
>>
>>92954605
Because nobody has cared about Wonder Woman since the 70's.

People know she exists, but they don't care about her. They don't know or care about her origin, they don't know or care about her personality, they don't know or care about her powers, and they definitely don't know or care about her villains. I've met people who legitimately couldn't remember her name when asked to list female superheroes - they recalled that she existed, but their internal idea of her was so vague they called her 'America Woman' at first before remembering her actual name.

She's not like Superman, or Batman, or Spider-Man, or the X-Men, where everyone knows who these characters are, what they fight for, what their powers are, who their enemies are, etc. She's known as a vague icon. Wonder Woman is 'the female superhero', but she's not really known or recognized for anything other than that.
>>
>>92965927
Darkseid was really underused though. Maybe season 3 but 2 and 1 was Lex Show
>>
>>92956585
>renting
Fuck you.
>>
>>92954605
she's not really a lead character. she's more of a supporting role. During the time they were making WW shows, women weren't written to be a bad asses like Xena. like go see lynda carter's WW its really cheesy she never through a punch. Depending on your family gender roles can be very strict for kids. The target audience for a WW like this would be boys and we weren't suppose to like WW in the 90's. If they made a WW movie in the 80's or 90's it wouldn't be like this movie.
>>
>>92954605
She's a shitty character.
>>
>>92959654
>rent
Fuck you.
>>
>>92958463
Sandra Bullock has some sad fuckin' titties.
>>
>>92954605
Did this stupid thing break $100 Million or not? I keep getting different reports.

http://archive.is/J7Grh

http://archive.is/ylGfi
>>
The movie was cool but two things were weird to me.

How did the demigod daughter of Zeus manage to defeat Zeus' son that killed all the other gods including Zeus himself? Power of love, really?

Why did her mother, who seemed to basically agree with Ares that humans were too evil and not worthy of being saved, still teach her daughter about how amazing humans were and told her that some day the amazons would have to defeat Ares? Also the weird talk about Ares getting closer to her the stronger she got and stuff.
>>
>>92963808
>>92963826
There was a time when nerds were fancasting Megan Fox as fucking everything. Nowadays she's not desirable at all.
Thread posts: 187
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.