[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which one stole the show better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: show stealers.jpg (443KB, 1173x899px) Image search: [Google]
show stealers.jpg
443KB, 1173x899px
Which one stole the show better?
>>
>>92953571
Yondu. Singer's Quicksilver is one gimmick sequence format, where he does incredible feats of speed that he takes lightly to retro music.

Yondu actually has a character, and his development in GOTG2 was easily the best part of the movie. He had a cool gimmick attached to a good character.
>>
>>92953684
This.
>>
>>92953684
fpbp
>>
>>92953684
Not to mention a better actor.
>>
>>92953684
Yondu killing everybody with his Arrow > Quicksilver ripping off that Futurama episode where Fry drinks too much coffee.
>>
>>92954386
I wasn't impressed by it initially but that one shot of it in the dark made it for me.
>>
>>92953571
They turned Yondu into an emo fagboi. And that's how he "stole the show"?
I don't even....
>>
>>92953684
>Yondu actually has a character
>I WILL VOICE MY CHARACTER CONFLICT OUTLOUD
>I WILL MONOLOGUE UNTIL I VOICE THE CONFLICT RESOLUTION. I GUESS I'M ALL SORTED OUT

This was terrible, and it happened with all the characters who had an arc in that movie.
>>
does anyone have the "Come a little bit closer" version with the opera and everything?
>>
>>92953571
Yondu was written with an arc and intentionally given a significant amount of screen time.
Quicksilver was given just enough of a back story so he didn't feel shoehorned in and had one scene that turned out to be very popular.
I'd say Quicksilver was the better show stealer.
>>
>>92954386
Yeah but sweet dreams is literally the best song ever. But still gotta agree Peter wasnt as cool a character as Yondu
>>
>>92953684
You make it sound like QuickSilver was 10x better.
>>
>>92953571
They both have this gimmick that is pretty cool. Yondu is bro tier and made me sad when he died.
>>
File: 1409868951046.jpg (206KB, 560x560px) Image search: [Google]
1409868951046.jpg
206KB, 560x560px
Yondu reclaimed the word "daddy" from perverts everywhere
>>
>>92957729
I want to be a cool a dad as Yondu. Maybe tone down the threatening to eat my kid part though.
>>
>>92953571
Yondu for actually being a major part of the narrative. Quicksilver is a set piece disguised as a character, along with everyone else who isn't Magneto, Prof X, Wolverine and Mystique in the X-men franchise.
>>
>>92953571
>"Peter, Magneto may be your father but he ain't your daddy."
>>
>>92957798
>WHEN I PICKED YOU UP ON TERRA
>THESE BOYS WANTED TO EAT YOUR ASS OUT!
>>
>>92954855
Still better than

>SWEET DREAMS
>Magneto's my dad
>Don't tell him though
>Did I mention he's my dad
>>
>>92953571
Yondu. No contest.
>>
>>92954386
>Quicksilver ripping off that Futurama episode where Fry drinks too much coffee

I never saw that episode of Futurama so I looked it up and holy shit they really did rip off that scene.
>>
Quicksilver shat on Yondu
>>
>>92953571
Both were better in their first films when they didn't give a shit about anything. Then, the filmmakers ruined them in the sequels by turning the emo knob to 11.

Quicksilver in DoFP is best, but the worst in Apocalypse, so it comes out a wash.
>>
>>92954504
>>92960060
>Other Ravagers shit on him for child trafficking
>Yondu regrets this and grew to legit love Quill like a son
>Both = emo

Either you don't know what "Emo" means or you're trash tier baitposting. Either way stop.
>>
>>92953684
Wow, nailed it.
>>
File: hamlet-yorik[1].gif (50KB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
hamlet-yorik[1].gif
50KB, 540x280px
>>92954855
yeah character's never monologue about their feelings in fiction
>>
>>92957852
who is supposed to say that?
>>
>>92953571
Yonde was better narratively, visually, and artistically in general

Still prefer Quicksilver
>>
>>92957857
THEY AIN'T NEVER FUCKED NO TERRAN BEFORE!
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.