[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Samurai Jack Thread...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: AAAAAA.png (296KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAA.png
296KB, 680x383px
So it's safe to say that this season is too short to have 10 episodes. So we could just imagine that we could expand this to 22 episodes. So we could just fill in on what the other episodes are like.
>Rule 1: We have to keep & not fuck up the original season 5 timeline
>Rule 2: We have to let Ashi die at the end, and Jack getting back to the past.
>Rule 3: Expand the previous episodes if necessary.
>Rule 4: No "and then they fucked" excuses.

So here's an incomplete list of episodes:

1: The process of Jack losing himself, while the cult of Aku has been setup.
2: __FREE SPACE__
3: Context about the worldbuilding
4: __FREE SPACE__
5: Context about Samurai Jesus' new gear & learns how to use guns n' shit
6: The episode where Jack gets his bike, and fought biker robots, Road Rash style.
7: An episode with the Princess from the Bounty Hunters episode.
8: An episode where Jack has fought the cult of Aku.
9: __FREE SPACE__
10: Jack meets Scaramouche, and the literal DoA were born (XCII)
11: Jack vs. The Daughters of Aku (XCIII)
12: Jack vs. The Daughters: Revengeance (XCIV)
13: Jack & Ashi's inside of a monster (XCV)
14: Jack shows Ashi the truth about Aku's evil doing (XCVI)
15: __FREE SPACE__
16: Ashi meets the people Jack has saved from the past (XCVII)
17: Explains the context of the strange lady from previous episode, but also the Priestess sets up an army of orcs to take Jack down
18: Jack experiences tranquility, while Ashi fends off an army of orcs (XCVIII)
19: Jack & Ashi vs. Lazurus-92 (XCIX)
20: Jack rediscovers the place with the Guardian... (C)
21: The Final Battle Part I (CI)
22: The Final Battle Part II (CI)
>>
>>92948476

Sounds like a boring season with long stretches of nothing happening with nothing related to the plot for a lot of it.

>16: Ashi meets the people Jack has saved from the past (XCVII)

That's not interesting and it's not exciting for an entire episode to be that.
>>
>>92948476
There was NOTHING wrong with the 10-episode order. Genndy and co. just fucked it up to some extent. Should have hired more talented writers.
>>
>>92948476
Just 2 more episodes, just like the previous seasons would be enough.

I will tell you a story. The first 3 episodes of Samurai Jack are a movie and pilot cut in 3 parts. Genndy SAID that he wanted to make the first 3 episodes of Season 5 on the same format, and this is why they feel a little odd compared to the rest of the season and the previous overral.

If you want to do something different, I recomend to add 2 episodes to the finale, and finish it with a movie - with a tone more similar to the first 3 episodes of the season.

More time to build up everything.
>>
>>92948664
>Just 2 more episodes, just like the previous seasons
Is... is the American math curriculum THAT bad?
>>
>>92948682
Haha damn, I forgot that it was 13 episodes.

Okay, so add an extra episode of Jack and Ashi fighting the other 2 best assassins from Aku.
>>
>>92948551
Then again, leaving with just Ashi saving Jack from Sudoku wouldn't be much fun, either.
>>
File: jack statue.jpg (150KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
jack statue.jpg
150KB, 2048x1152px
>>92948476
I'm reposting my thoughts on this from the other SJ thread

>>92946222
>>92946540
>>92946760
>>92946980

The show didn't need 22 episodes.
Two extra episodes would have been fine. If this season had 12 episodes and used it's time better, the pacing would not have been a problem at all.
Personally, I think this season should have had 12/13 episodes and a movie to wrap up the finale EoE-style.
But if this would be too much to ask for then just 12 episodes could have been sufficient.

>>92948664
>Genndy SAID that he wanted to make the first 3 episodes of Season 5 on the same format
He did, actually. Prior to the Season 5 premiere there was a screening that showed the first 3 episodes back to back as if they were a movie.
>>
>>92948476
22 episodes is too many, do a normal 13, 15 at most.

>Rule 2: We have to let Ashi die at the end

delet
>>
>>92948889
I tend to agree the finale should have been a two-parter (like Birth of Evil) or three-parter (like the pilot).

The first 3 eps of season 5 basically function like a soft pilot, and weirdly 8 and 9 are basically a two-parter. The real fuckups of this season are the end of 10, where they simply run out of time to really get the emotional payload across, and 5, which is a heavily-stressed bridging episode.
>>
>>92948476

I'd just like to say that in the end, Jack didn't really save anything. Aku's future is thousands of years from now. And it looks better than what we will have in a few centuries.

Sure there were some areas of devastation, but the oceans were thriving. Rainforests, forests, and all sorts of other ecosystems were filled life and teeming with biodiversity. People from many cultures lived together in harmony when Aku wasn't attacking them. Overall, it's better than the dead world we're creating.
>>
>>92950904
Stop being autistic, that is their own universe, not ours.

Going by Genndy style, the future will probably look like Galluna, all the megacities being bright and optmistic, while keeping all the wilderness and aliens (this time coming under pacific reasons).
>>
>>92948476

There should've been a few more episodes of Jack and Ashi roaming the world showing off Aku's wrath. Episode 5 goes too fast to realistically convince Ashi to turn to Jacks side.
>>
I think 22 would have been to expensive
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.