[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't the best superantihero getting a reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: spawn.jpg (35KB, 696x464px) Image search: [Google]
spawn.jpg
35KB, 696x464px
Why isn't the best superantihero getting a reboot?
>>
Too 90s
>>
>>92946509
What's wrong with the 90's?
>>
>>92946391
Maybe it's just me and some kind of nostalgia. But when are things ever really rebooted for the better...if you liked the original?
>>
McFarlane won't let anyone but himself write him.
>>
>>92946391
He aint no hero
>>
>>92946864
So the producers are the problem.
>>
McFarlane has been claiming a reboot is in the works for years and years now, who fucking knows if he'll ever get it put out

In any case, he's making it more like a horror film than a comic book action film or so he says
>>
>>92947180
I'd guess that would work

From the point of the victim or the criminal
>>
>>92947258

>“I’d put it more into horror/suspense/supernatural genre,” McFarlane said to ComicBook, comparing his latest take on the character as a cross between The Departed and Paranormal Activity.

>“He’s this thing that just whooshes in, this ghost that moves and will f–k you up if you’re in the wrong place in the wrong time, and the rest of the movie will look real, and be this real drama. He’s just this ghost, this thing behind it,” McFarlane explained. He noted the character won’t be like his last cinematic incarnation, with a villain to fight, and instead be “the boogeyman” McFarlane believes he should be.
Also more recent quote
>This time around, McFarlane is reporting that he’s taking the Spawn reboot to a much darker place. He said in the video, “Listen, I’m going to paint it for you. The movie is going to be a dark R… If here’s PG-13 and here’s Deadpool and here’s Logan, we’re going to be here. It’s going to be dark. It’s going to be nasty.” McFarlane plans to both write and direct the film about the character he created.
>>
>>92946950
says (you)
>>
>>92946864
Yeah even Erik Larsen says he's a control freak, apparently their recent collaboration was stressful for him.
>>
>>92946391
I'd dig a movie that takes cues from the HBO series, but also focuses on Sam and Twitch slowly piecing together the puzzle, only for the connecting factor to be the otherworldly aspects of the story.
>>
>>92950052

Wasnt the HBO series a bit rushed at the end?
>>
>>92950068
Yeah, but the street level theme of it, not using too much of Hell and Heaven and keeping them a mystery, was awesome.

If Spawn was a movie series, I would honestly end it with Spawn going to the next level in the struggle between Heaven and Hell, but I'd end it there. It keeps the afterlife still mysterious, but shows that Al has grown from a vicious, self serving man to someone willing to fight for humanity.
>>
>>92946509
Two*
>>
>>92947909

But this is what makes Spawn boring. Spawn being a super hero out of a horror creature works and works very well. Spawn being a generic horror movie monster just shits on his pontential and everything that makes him interesting.

It's his character, he can do what he wants. But I stop going to a restaurant when the chef starts shitting in the soup.

>>92950052

Yeah no Sam and Twich no sale. I hate when casuals talk about Spawn and you bring up Sam and Twitch and you immediately realize they've never read the comic and they're just reacting to the covers.

The thing is that Spawn for all his edgy bad-assery, is a deeply conflicted and tragic character. He lives in the literal trash. It was hard on him when he realized he went to Hell in the first place because turns out he's a piece of shit who beat his wife and murdered innocent people. THATS Spawn.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.