[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /co/ think of Kappa Mikey?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: A_Christmas_Mikey_30.png (376KB, 818x527px) Image search: [Google]
A_Christmas_Mikey_30.png
376KB, 818x527px
What does /co/ think of Kappa Mikey?
>>
>>92946165
I liked it when I was a kid-weeb and I can still watch it just fine. That said it's not as good as I remember. I still like it though.

Kid-me had a crush on Mitsuki. And I didn't realize Lily was designed to be a bitch.
>>
Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3jSMse76TE
>>
>>92946165
It's pretty good.

I fucking love the episode when Mikey's parents are coming to visit him. The absurdity of the scenario is hilarious.
>>
Top tier anime.
>>
File: mikey-aid.jpg (101KB, 881x739px) Image search: [Google]
mikey-aid.jpg
101KB, 881x739px
>>
I'm looking for that on-model art someone from the show recently made.
>>
Young weeb me fucking loved it and current me has had the theme song stuck in my head since I was the young me.
I want to die.
>>
>>92947626
HEY HEY

LOOK LOOK

OUT IN THE STREETS
>>
It's underrated in my opinion

>Mikey: Can robots love?
>Ozu: I'm sorry, but sometimes robots only hate.
>>
>>92947706
D O N ' T Y O U S E E T H A T M A N I S K A P P A M I K E Y ! ! ! !
>>
>>92946165
>Blue hair main girl
Automatic 8/10
>>92947747
9/10.
>>
Entire concept was undermined because past the first few episodes it degenerated into a typical animated sitcom and the east/west juxtaposition became purely visual instead of a genuine satire of anime versus cartoons.

>no episode where things from older episodes are held over and the world is shown to have actual continuity rather than being strictly episodic but Mikey can't remember anything unlike everyone else
>>
>>92946165
why does the Mc looks like Fry?
>>
>>92946165
Decent. But Nick didn't do anything to push it.
>>
>>92948642
Same reason Star-Lord looks like Fry.
>>
>>92946165
it's ok but my major flaw with it is
>Japan vs America animation...that goes absolutely nowhere. Why? Because the Anime Characters get there anime emotion i.e. stress mark, pupils gones, and flames everywhere, but Mikey doesn't get any. Seriously Anime vs America Cartoons would be funny if the american emotions were like Looney Tunes and Tex Avery style. TL;DR Anime show more emotion American Animation got jack-shit.
>>
i never understood what kind of show in-universe lily-mu was supposed to be.
>>
>>92949555
Something like Power Rangers, I think.
>>
File: 000000000000-====.png (130KB, 635x466px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000-====.png
130KB, 635x466px
>>92946165
We should move Guano into Steven Universe
>>
>>92949417
>>Japan vs America animation...that goes absolutely nowhere. Why? Because the Anime Characters get there anime emotion i.e. stress mark, pupils gones, and flames everywhere, but Mikey doesn't get any. Seriously Anime vs America Cartoons would be funny if the american emotions were like Looney Tunes and Tex Avery style. TL;DR Anime show more emotion American Animation got jack-shit.

Fucking this, the shoe would be way funny if Mikey showed some western cartoon abilities, like slapstick fisiology
>>
I liked it, still do. The animation sucks, of course, but the writing is very funny. I think people get turned off from it because they expect it to be an anime parody where in reality its more of a wacky workplace sitcom.
>>
>>92946165
It was a pretty good show. When it came out I tried my best to watch but it aired on very awkward schedules and was really short lived in my country. Like many people here the opening song was stuck in my head and I had no idea what they were singing(didn't know english, let alone broken english)
>>
>>92949555
Ironically, Lily-Mu seemed like a reference to Japan's takes on western super hero shows
>>
File: cut_051_075.short_cuts_082[1].jpg (123KB, 728x1088px) Image search: [Google]
cut_051_075.short_cuts_082[1].jpg
123KB, 728x1088px
I want the japs to make their own take on it.
>>
>>92946165
unironically loved this show and I'm a huge weeb
>>
it was awful
>>
File: Fred_Mystery_Inc.gif (10KB, 212x406px) Image search: [Google]
Fred_Mystery_Inc.gif
10KB, 212x406px
Is that a female anime version of Fred from Scooby-Doo on the left?
>>
Only ever saw it once, so I don't know how good the writing is. I can say though that it has the same flaw as any other time an American artist tries to make an anime/manga. It just looks... off.

Well, most of the time. Avatar and Boondocks are the only ones who seem to have gotten it right, maybe because they weren't outright trying to mimic it, but made it more their own as well.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.