[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday Boxoffice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

File: boxoffice.jpg (33KB, 548x195px) Image search: [Google]
boxoffice.jpg
33KB, 548x195px
Boy, the Captain is getting his Underpants kicked!
>>
GOD DAMMIT /CO/ YOU TOLD ME CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS WOULD BTFO EVERYONE
>>
>>92943575
Those predictions were from before the unthibkable happened (a DCEU film actually got good reviews).
>>
THIS IS NOT FAIR
>>
I just want it to do good enough to get a sequel, and to show people that adaptations don't have to be complete dogshit.
>>
Good. Fuck Captain Underpants, a kids movie should never outdo a great superhero flick like Wonder Woman.
>>
File: the face of evil.png (151KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
the face of evil.png
151KB, 320x320px
Mass produced wide-demographic garbage wins again.

Noe even remotely surprised.
>>
>>92945049
>Mass produced wide-demographic garbage wins again.

Captain Underpants is losing, though.
>>
>>92945035
Lol
>>
...People thought this shit would sell?
>>
>>92943557

Thanks to outsourcing the production to Canada, Captain Underpants only cost $38 million to make so that's a fairly sizable chunk of its production budget already.

Advertising costs are the real hill it has to climb; they apparently spent $12 million on ads just for the period of May 15-28.
>>
>>92943557
I don't know why, but this makes me sad.
>>
>>92946389
Captain Underpants is not even a child you pleb, read the books!
>>
>>92946389
Grow up. The fact that you're so upset over a children's movie losing to Wonder Woman just shows how generally immature you are. News flash: adults aren't supposed to watch animated movies intended for children unless they're going to the theater with their own kids, and the fact that you're bemoaning Captain Underpants losing in the box office is just solid evidence that you need to get out of your parents basement and go outside for a change.
>>
>>92943557
Well nobody, and I mean no fucking nobody didn't expect Wonder Woman to be good after BvS and Suicide Squad were to put it frank, crap.

I can see Underpants doing better overseas due to it moving to a different date.
>>
>FOX

Will Captain Underpants appear in the X-men Cinematic Universe?
>>
File: take_my_money.jpg (24KB, 363x331px) Image search: [Google]
take_my_money.jpg
24KB, 363x331px
>>92947218
>>
>>92943557
>>92943575

I said a couple of days ago that Underpants would under perform and everybody acted like I was being a retard while they were saying it could be like Frozen.

It's actually failed harder than I thought it would
>>
File: 1496462331988.png (308KB, 582x503px) Image search: [Google]
1496462331988.png
308KB, 582x503px
>>92945204

>implying both aren't the exact same tier of trash
>>
>>92945049

Oh fuck off. They outsourced this to Canada. It deserves to fail
>>
NIGGA THIS SHIT IS OUT ALREADY!? Literally no fucking marketing. Went to the Kinoplex last week and saw no ads at all.
>>
>>92946267

So let's say it's Production and marketing were 70mil combined . Because films only get about half the BO take it has to make 140mil before it starts seeing profit. It's going to flop
>>
>>92947598
>or Feminist Propaganda

What movie was that because it wasn't Wonder Woman
>>
>>92943557
Do most kids even know what Captain Underpants is or read the books? They were after my time, but I had seen it mentioned a couple times on /co/ and that's it.
>>
>>92947695
>Portraying women as capable heroes and soldiers/warriors IS Gynocentric propaganda.

She's literally a god you pathetic sperg
>>
>>92947598
>>92947695
I have a feeling you can't go to the store and buy a gallon of milk with seeing something that gives you an autism attack
>>
>>92947695
you have some serious self-worth issues there dood. . . ..
>>
Just saw this with my niece and nephew, it was surprisingly good.

Humor was on point, music was good, and the animation was great.

Hope it does well enough to get a sequel.
>>
Third-Wave Feminism
>>
>>92947695
>A woman actually capable of being strong = propaganda
Yeah, no, you're just a misogynist dick. Go back to /pol/.
>>
>>92944807
So far the funniest thing I've seen is Deadline's ill informed Box Office writer claiming WW will have "powerful long legs" to carry it through the summer. I'm not sure how someone on an industry site can be so bad at their job every week with 4 updates a day while having no clue how things work. It's as bad as the Rock claiming Baywatch made back half its budget the first weekend. Dude, you produced the movie and should know you don't get 100% of the take from the BO.

WW has the Mummy, Transformers, and several others that will eat away at its having "long legs" in the first place. Number 2, SS was a fluke as it had zero movie competition for like 6+ weeks in August. A number that still didn't match the movie it copied the musical style of (Guardians) or stand up to the movie they copied's sequel (Guardians 2 which has already passed the US and Worldwide totals of the first movie in only 4 weeks.)

If anything, I would use MoS and more likely BvS on how to watch the flow of the DC BO which means steep dropoffs each week between new strong competition and the usual slowdown of a movie each following week.

Naturally WB will take the wrong lessons away from this super positive showing for WW and will still allow Snyder's production studio to be heavily involved with everything,
>>
>>92948545
>If anything, I would use MoS and more likely BvS on how to watch the flow of the DC BO

But a huge difference is that Wonder Woman is getting great word of mouth from everywhere while MoS and BvS were trashed. Also nobody gives a fuck about the Mummy
>>
>>92947539

With them spending that much in the middle of May, I'd honestly be surprised if the marketing budget was only $32 million.

Knowing Dreamwork's propensity for wasting money, them spending half again to twice as much on marketing as they paid to get it made is entirely possible.
>>
I fucking hate this. Whenever a good animated film comes out (Lego Batman, Underpants, Shaun The Sheep, Ralph, Lego, etc) they don't do very well but when some shitty fuzzy talking animal movie comes out it makes 800,000,000 big ones. What the fuck. It makes no sense.
>>
>>92950177
What also needs to be considered there is that they didn't really start advertising this movie until shortly before Boss Baby was released which was early to mid March. Whatever they spent on marketing in total was only for the last three months.
>>
>>92948922
Word of mouth didn't translate into sales for any of the three DCEU movies before. RT aside, all three carried strong word of mouth and then still dropped hard than average in the following weeks.

Also the rest of June features The Mummy, Cars 3, Rough Night (the ScarJo female raunchy comedy which will take some sales regardless), Transformers 5 (god knows why, but they're always big), Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, and Baby Driver. Each which feature an aspect (action/adventure, fun, female-led, kid-focused property) which will deflate WW's follow up weeks. Harder after June 16th which should off WW down to a $30 to $35 million 3rd weekend on really positive buzz and not dropping as hard as previous DCEU movies. The final US total will be below $300 million, WW politely offered at over $500 but below $600 million of everything continues to keep it afloat positively. Right now WW's main source of worldwide numbers is China which won't get repeated as high in other areas.

All good, but not the groundbreaking it's referred to for the moment. WW2 will somehow see delays, the director will quit, and someone else will come in who doesn't get the groundswell of support when the sequel hits theaters 4 years (give or take 6 months) from now.

This isn't just a study of the Box Office or how the DCEU have done, but also how WB operates in general for which fanboys typically overlook when in super hype mode. See: Fury Road, MoS actual sequel, Pacific Rim, Godzilla. All which have been butchered or delayed thanks to the standard WB movie production hell.
>>
>>92943557
YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED THIS

WHERE WERE THE BOMB THREATS?! WHERE WERE THE SHOOTINGS?!

WHY MUST YOU RUIN THE DREAM OF A WORLD FREE OF WB AND DC?!?!?!
>>
>>92950474
i would rather live in a world free of me going to jail over some stupid company wars shit
>>
the only way it can win the box office is if theres an underpants only screening of captain underpants

would you?
http://www.strawpoll.me/13091815
>>
File: Judy.png (3MB, 1000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Judy.png
3MB, 1000x2000px
>>92950232
>It makes no sense.

Sure it does.
>>
>>92950232
>good animated film
>Underpants

lol?
>>
YOU LIED TO ME /co/! YOU SAID THAT CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS WOULD FLOP WONDEROMAN BOTH IN RT AND IN THE BOX OFFICE!
>>
>>92950474
better hope a terrorist attack doesn't happen during a Wonder Woman screening anon. I'll just be sure to screen cap this post if anything....unfortunate happens in the next couple of days....
>>
File: 129815553357.jpg (60KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
129815553357.jpg
60KB, 344x291px
>>92943575
>higher RT scores than GoTG
Thats what you mouse niggers get.
>>
File: 1496439107113.png (15KB, 463x73px) Image search: [Google]
1496439107113.png
15KB, 463x73px
>>92943575
>>
>>92950662
/co/mmon sense. . . ..
>>
File: eyebrows.gif (76KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
eyebrows.gif
76KB, 200x200px
>>92951117
How about a women-only underpants-only screening?
>>
>>92943557
GOD FUCKING DAMN DISNEY PROMISED WONDER WOMAN WOULD FLOP

PIRATES, BAYWATCH, AND CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS WAS SUPPOSED TO BTFO IT

WERE SUPPOSED TO BE IN CHARGE HERE ITS NOT FAAAAAAIIIIIIRRRRRR
>>
>>92943557
>/tv/ gets rekt
Only thing I ever wanted.
>>
>>92954246
>Baywatch
Now you've gone too far
>>
>>92950384
>Word of mouth didn't translate into sales for any of the three DCEU movies before.

Because word of mouth was shit you fucking idiot
>>
>>92954246
>PIRATES, BAYWATCH, AND CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS WAS SUPPOSED TO BTFO IT

Honestly though do you think Johnny Depp is concerned that he isn't a draw anymore?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 342x297px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 342x297px
>>92950232
>Lego movies
>Ralph
Those movies were still fairly successful enough and are getting sequels
>>
>>92955496

The Lego movie is having two this year
>>
>>92955171
A bit, yes
>>
>>92946303
In a weird way I feel sad too but at the same time it's like >>92945258 said too.

I think this is a case where they waited too long to make a CU film.
>>
I want to fuck the lunch lady.
>>
>>92943557
It looked like a bad moive but I just wanted /tv/ to go back
>>92947161
>>92945035
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.