[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he one of the most OP characters from current cartoons? Is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: Rick.png (154KB, 243x439px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.png
154KB, 243x439px
Is he one of the most OP characters from current cartoons? Is he a massive self insert or what?

>nobody is able to best him in physical combat, despite being old
>can solve anything by being smart, including making a computer virus from his thoughts
>is god tier in bed and gets laid anytime he wants
>Is adored by everyone, despite being a dick... but hey, he hates nazis!
>>
He only had sex once in the show with an old ex, didn't he?

Also, most combat he does is using weapons, and not physical.
>>
>>92940862
>Is adored by everyone, despite being a dick... but hey, he hates nazis!
Why was there an entire galactic empire who wanted his ass then?
>>
>>92941078
cuz they're nazis
>>
The premise of the show is pretty much "what if the smartest man in the universe was an emotional retard?"

You can call it a self-insert if you want- he IS the man every cynical douchebag 4chan redditer (including Roiland) thinks of themselves as- but it's an interesting character that is FAR less kind of a portray of the character than a surface listing of his traits and accomplishments would have one believe.
>>
>>92940862
Yeah but he's depressed so it's ok
Even though emotional pain is a hallmark of mary sues.
>>
>>92941097
He's not even the smartest man in the universe considering there exist realities (also I guess this is the multiverse not the universe) where society has solved problems he hasn't.
>>
File: no.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>92940862

Wrong. He got knocked out in one punch by Frankenstein's monster in Total Rickall.
>>
File: purging.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
purging.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>92940862

A cat girl stabbed him in the liver and left him for dead. Granted, cat girl was a huge Mary Sue. Rick killed shittons of people for far less than that, but he let her go for no particular reason. It was dumb as shit.
>>
>>92941760
Those are different universes. He's canonically the smartest person in his universe, not the multiverse. I believe it's also canonically true that every universe has a native Rick and every native Rick is the smartest person in their universe.

Also most of the time he doesn't even bother trying to solve anything.
>>
>>92940862
>muh reddit edgy dr house
>>
>>92942571
I dont get it
>>
>>92940862
He's not that strong. Its great when brainlets feel insecure because of his arrogance.
>>
>>92942613
Tell that to clogmouth
>>
>>92940862
We get it, Justin, you want to troll us.
>>
>>92942350
He wouldnt hurt women, because Justin "m'lady" Cuckland.
Mark my words, he will never bitch slap beth j
>>
>>92940862
The only physical feats he's done involve getting into fist fights with people, which he has a tendency to win because he throws the first punch and is usually fighting other scientists/assholes. There was that one mini/microverse episode in the car battery where he traded pretty evenly against that one scientist until he kicked him down a ramp or some shit.
Plus, that computer virus he made would have only worked against a shitty brain-reading computer, which is exactly what they were using. If it coded all his memories as harmless memory data, it serves to stand that a memory of a virus sent directly to the computer could actually create a functioning virus instead of a harmless memory.
>>
>>92942264
Every time I see a still from Total Rickall I see a new character that I want to shoot
>>
>>92942858
Get off the computer Beth
>>
>>92942882
Take a close look at the picture. Look really carefully now. There has to be at least one image contained in there that you instinctively despise. Give in to your hate!
>>
>>92940862
it's not actually a show about rick. it's a show about the fallout of rick.
>>
>>92940862
>The premise of the show is pretty much "what if the smartest man in the universe was an emotional retard"

To be fair, i have yet to see a character that is an emotional genius. It's probably because emotional intelligence isn't real.
>>
>>92943531
>It's probably because emotional intelligence isn't real.
Imagine a show where the protagonist is the best in the universe at staying out of trouble, admitting when they're wrong and being on good therms with everyone they meet.

There would be absolutely no entertainment value, that's why cartoon characters with high emotional intelligence aren't a thing.
>>
File: 1390429132056.png (37KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
1390429132056.png
37KB, 120x120px
Mr. Meeseeks, I'm gonna need you and about a couple dozen of your buddies to finish animating season 3 so we can get this show on the road already!
>>
>>92940862
He's got plot armor thicker than your momma's arse.
>>
>>92942858
good thing they all get shot then, i guess?
>>
File: Boss.png (56KB, 1728x1716px) Image search: [Google]
Boss.png
56KB, 1728x1716px
>>92943531
you sure about that?
>>
File: S1e7_Wander_with_Westley_in_song.jpg (165KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
S1e7_Wander_with_Westley_in_song.jpg
165KB, 1365x768px
>>92943737
>Imagine a show where the protagonist is the best in the universe at staying out of trouble, admitting when they're wrong and being on good therms with everyone they meet.

It was great.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.