[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC comics absorbtion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: dc in a nutshell.png (176KB, 1306x628px) Image search: [Google]
dc in a nutshell.png
176KB, 1306x628px
What is DC going to buy next?
>>
I sort of wish the power rangers became a permanent thing in DC instead of a temporary crossover
>>
Non-public domain pulp characters like the Shadow, Doc Savage, and Flash Gordon.
>>
>>92938214
I don't think DC wants to deal with Toei's asking price.
>>
>>92938173
Marvel
>>
>>92938173
I just want to see a DC take on the Powerpuff Girls.
>>
>>92938235
They had their chance with Doc Savage with the Rima/Batman/Blackhawk/DocSavage/Spirit comic done by Azzarello. It was subpar to say the least.
>>
>>92938173
Archie. Hopefully IDW too.
>>
>>92938818
>Archie. Hopefully IDW too.
What would they gain from that?
>>
>>92938843
At least from Archie they could get the MLJ heroes. That could be nice.
>>
File: jlatransformers1.jpg (131KB, 576x467px) Image search: [Google]
jlatransformers1.jpg
131KB, 576x467px
>>92938843
Access to some of the biggest lisences in the industry and merging two of the top 5 comic publishers.

Plus we'd finally get that Transformers crossover.
>>
>>92938880
They licensed them. Aside from the Shield, the results just weren't very good and the comics got cancelled after 12 issues. Ditto for THUNDER Agents (done by Nick Spencer before he left for Marvel).
>>
>>92938957
>Access to some of the biggest lisences in the industry and merging two of the top 5 comic publishers.
>Plus we'd finally get that Transformers crossover.
But what does IDW/Archie actually own? Licenses could run out.
>>
>>92938843
Archie is a moderately valuable IP with high name recognition but little push. CW is already airing Riverdale but Archie itself is struggling. DC could step in, consume it, and use those brands for new things. Plus they could use Archie's digest distribution to put out DC digests in stores.
>>
>>92939003
I’m aware. Previous failed attempts don’t mean the next attemp will be also bad. Plus there’s previous history which they could incorporate into their meta storytelling.

>>92939036
>IDW
Pretty good question actually. I think they only publish licensed properties and creator owned books. Not sure.
Archie on the other hand, has the MLJ heroes and the Archie Horror line. The whole Archie franchise doesn’t hurt either.
>>
>>92938173
I'd rather they stopped merging new shit into the DCU and worked on authentic worldbuilding and underdevelopped characters.
>>
I wish them could actually buy Marvel and totally purge its command structure.

Then have Kurt Busiek reboot it.
>>
Warners has a financial stake in Archie already, owning the TV rights to the complete Archie library. Given Archie's massive financial woes, I'd see them buying Archie next and setting up their comics as a boutique imprint like Young Animals.

Hasbro is basically propping up IDW right now. None of the Hasbro titles are selling and the low licensing fee is the only thing keeping IDW going as a publisher. Seriously, no one in their right mind would pay to publish Rom or Action Man or MASK. Even Transformers isn't selling. Their top seller was Till All Are One and was just axed because the author was considered the most expendable. Barber has friends and won't be let go. Roberts had critical acclaim they're still leeching off on. DC wouldn't want the IDW stuff.
>>
What did Wildstorm bring into DC?
>>
>>92939875
The Edge.
>>
>>92939875
Apollo/Midnighter/Stormwatch

>>92939840
>expendable

Scott is a Hasbro company person involved with Prime and Rid. And supposedly LL has much higher numbers for digital.
>>
>>92939982
>>92940109
Are the WS elements of the nu52 even canon anymore? Rebirth seemed to roll a lot back.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.