[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this character hated so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: LisaSimpson10.gif (17KB, 450x540px) Image search: [Google]
LisaSimpson10.gif
17KB, 450x540px
Why is this character hated so much?
>>
>>92926228
She's an obnoxious author's mouthpiece.
>>
>>92926228
She always has to be right about everthing
>>
>>92926228
Because you haven't watched Season 9 onward
>>
Like all main family members sans Maggie, Lisa's characterization has declined, but she doesn't bother me as much as some of the other ones. She was always sort of like that; it was just amped up in the later years. But if you take Bart, a lot of his characteristics are absolutely nothing like he was in the earlier years, which pisses me off far more . So she's unquestionably gotten worse, but there are characters who have had more extreme downward spirals.
>>
>>92926426
I haven't seen Simpsons past season 10; how has Bart changed?
>>
>>92926426
To be perfectly honest, Homer has probably declined the least characterization-wise. I wouldn't say HD Season Homer is Season 3 Homer, but he's at least comparable to Season 14-ish Homer, also Dan Castallaneta's voice acting is still quite good which is more than I can say for certain other cast members.
>>
>>92926265
This^
>>
Yeah, I hate new Lisa so much. Don't understand why the writers think intelligence equals extreme liberalism. Guess it's in the same way the show constantly makes unsubtle jabs at creationism, sometimes for no rhyme or reason, just an example of follow the leader, really. "Family Guy has a liberal douche, now we have a liberal douche, Family Guy is radically atheist, so are we!"
>>
Good question.

She still gets proven wrong or told to shut up as often as she's right.
>>
I gotta say, Lisa's personality in the HD seasons is extremely schizophrenic--it's like half the writers want her to be an 8 year old and the other half want her to be a college campus activist.
>>
I watched "My Sister, My Sitter" a few hours ago and while I love the episode and Lisa's portrayal, it also showcases part of the problem of Lisa during the later seasons. She's no longer just a mature 8 year old and instead a mature girl who just happens to be in an 8 year old's body. Now I've blamed this change on "Lisa the Vegetarian" in the past and while I still consider that episode to be one of the biggest perpetrators, the Mirkin era is not completely innocent either. There were episodes like "Lisa on Ice" where she still acted very much like a child (though still quite intelligent) and then you have an episode like "Lisa vs. Malibu Stacy" where she teams up with a grown woman to fight a sexist doll company. Now while I do like both episodes, my ideal version of Lisa is definitely the one who acts most like a real little girl. It added a layer of believability which made the Simpsons feel like real people.

Now of course today, it's like the writers don't even bother with the age any more. Bart and Lisa might as well be teenagers since they don't talk or act like kids unless the plot requires them to. It's really jarring to compare Season 4 Lisa, who giggled at her brother's parts while he was taking a bath, to modern Lisa who will often hold public meetings at Town Hall.
>>
>>92926228
I've always seen people hate her because she seems to seamlessly enforce many a double standard.
>The "princess appears and takes over Krusty's show" episode
>Up till now, Lisa has laughed at the Krusty show just as much as Bart has
>Introduce a stereotype princess character
>I expect Lisa to yawn at it, and state how forced it seems
>Bart calls it forced
>Wat
>Lisa says that while it is a stereotype, she thinks its cute
>Then it reveals a unicorn, and "judgemental" Lisa melts entirely.
>Even Bart tells her its fake, but she actually says to him "let me have this"

Fucking pathetic. She tends to make people feel bad by saying things to them, yet when people say the same stuff back to her, she does not feel bad. She seems to only feel guilt for example, from her self, never from people calling her out on it.

Its like how Peggy Hill does lots of bad things, but you never see her actually apologize or feel bad due to her ego.
>>
>>92926228
cause she is a left wing moron
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.