[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was the best piece of Constantine media we've had since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: DELETE.jpg (245KB, 635x990px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
245KB, 635x990px
This was the best piece of Constantine media we've had since Hellblazer ended, and nobody bought it because they drew him younger and actually explored his attraction to men.

Now we're stuck with a bland Constantine forever.
>>
>>92922305
Never even heard of it until now. Besides saying it's the best Constantine since Hellblazer ended isn't exactly saying much.
>>
>>92922305
it's better than new 52, but it's still meh. There aren't pages and pages of him getting trash talked and then him drinking himself into a gutter and having internal dialog of him beating himself even more down.
>>
>>92922305

That's because it's still a pale pale cold shadow of Hellblazer.

We're still bitter.
>>
File: DELETE.jpg (105KB, 450x353px) Image search: [Google]
DELETE.jpg
105KB, 450x353px
>>92922995
Because it was following a younger, cockier Constantine, operating in the DC universe. They need to establish the character first, before they put him through his paces.

This is something DC has never got with their new John. They can't just expect all the investment that fans have for the Hellblazer version, because this is a completely new character. So why should I care that he's fighting He-Man or leading a Justice League, he has nothing of his own right yet.

>>92923088
Well, we're going to need to start accepting new things, or else all we're going to have is stale rehashes of Hellblazer.

Say what you want about bi, numale John, it was a fresh take.
>>
>>92923088
>We're still bitter.
I still don't understand what happened to the end of Hellblazer.
>>
>>92923150
Same, Anon. I don't think Milligan put much thought into that.
>>
>>92922305
Fags don't sell.
>>
>>92923141
>bi, numale
Blacklisted forever.
>>
>>92922305
the art was good but the story...not so much

the Future's End one shot was still the best post Vertigo Constantine story
>>
>>92923150
I have no idea what happened either. I like to think that a completely de-powered and aged Constantine got transported onto another random Earth, but who knows what the fuck happened.
>>92923088
>>92923141
What was your favourite era of Hellblazer?
>>
>>92923397
The thing that always throws me off is that the names on the bottles are all previous writers and artists, and the denizens of the bar (I'm told), were the current lineup.

As interacting with the reader and the author is a reccurring theme in Hellblazer, I'll always wonder what Milligan thought he was doing here.

As for my favourite run, I've got to say Ennis, it has the 40th Birthday issue and an issue set entirely in my hometown, Belfast. For later eras, though, I enjoyed the Australia arc and "RSVP" from, I think Carey's tenure?

I also think Milligan's run gets too much flack. I liked Epiphany, though I read her issues out of order and when I went back and read her super-rushed introduction I can understand the hesitation. But she had some great bits and was probably the most distinct love interest he had since Kit.
>>
>>92923358
Were where you when every storytime of this series was derailed by homophobes and nobody would admit it was a good series because he was fucking a black guy?
>>
>>92923541
>it was a good series because fap
>>
File: X.jpg (163KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
X.jpg
163KB, 1920x1080px
How is Hellblazer Rebirth anyway?

And what do you think would make the "John hanging out with capes" concept work? I'd like to see a more fleshed-out relationship with Zatanna, a greek-themed horror story co-starring Wonder Woman, and to never, ever see Nightmare Nurse again.
>>
>>92923397
I always gravitate to Delano, even his return
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.