[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Toy Story Prequel is extremely depressing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_ltjkm4SrHm1r0f90po2_500.gif (475KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ltjkm4SrHm1r0f90po2_500.gif
475KB, 500x213px
Toy Story lore revealed by the real Al, Mike Mozart
>Andy's grandpa and Al's father worked together at a farm
>Andy's family was poor
>Al was a spoiled brat who bullied Andy's dad
>Andy wants to win a Woody doll from a cereal contest
>Andy doesn't have enough box tops so he writes a heartfelt letter.
>Woody's doll is never produced
>Buzz Lightyear toy replaced the Woody's round up line
>Andy gets a Woody prototype doll
>Years late Al sells the entire farm except for the barn
>Al spends all his money on toys
>Al realizes that only one Woody doll exists
>Andy's dad has polio
>He manages to save his toys from being destroyed and hides them in a trunk in his attic
>Andy's house was his dad's childhood home
>As an adult Andy's dad dies of post polio syndrome.
>Andy's dad gives him a key
>Tells him that there his best friend in a trunk in the attic
>His dad dies and he drops the trunk in shock
>After the funeral he opens the trunk
>Andy's dad looked the exact same as Andy
>The toys thought it was the same person

There's more information in this video but this is a quick summary. Mike Mozart is going to make a full video with illustrations.
Apparently he learned this information from Joe Rant, a Pixar animator who died in a car accident. They were best friends. He gave him prototype Woody and Buzz figures. He wrote in the letter "To my favorite deputy."

This is so depressing.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1507891/toy-story-writer-dies-when-car-tumbles-into-the-ocean/
Starts at 47:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QpMSwSzDYE
>>
>>92921637
I meant to say Andy's dad
>>
>>92921637
That doesn't even make sense. Why would they not produce a Woody doll, but they do produce dolls for his sidekicks on his hit TV show?
>>
Pixar's obsession with depressing stories unnerves me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
>>
>>92921987
Wow I wish they kept this concept in the movie it's basically commentary on straight conversion.
It'd mix well with the racism message.
>>
File: bait.png (11KB, 500x294px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
11KB, 500x294px
>>92922075
>>
>>92921780
Yeah, what the fuck? The entire second movie was about a collector of Woody merch. They could have just said it was a limited production or something.
>>
>>92921987
Zootopia isn't Pixar.
>>
Fuck, I haven't watched Mike Mozart for probably ten years, good to see him again.
>>
>>92923198
haha thanks
>>
>>92923314
Mozart is that you?
>>
>>92923314t
Where you been, you hulk burger-eating son of a bitch?
>>
File: BeSkeptical.jpg (51KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
BeSkeptical.jpg
51KB, 938x477px
>>92921637
>>
>>92923198
This. I used to love watching his videos when I was a kid. I still use the phrase "I mean really!" quite often.
>>
>>92921637
Wait, what? Is Al the collector guy from the second movie? And he grew up with Andys dad? And the toys can't separate him and his dad, and also are fine with being abandoned for what has to be like, 30+ years? And there's only one Woody doll? I'm pretty sure the second movie completely contradicts this.

All in all, I call bullshit, and it proves that trying to build up the Toy Story universe is retarded since there's just so many holes.
>>
>>92923027
it's a different subset of the disney company, sure, but it's headed by Lasseter, and the disney team and pixar team often get together to discuss each other's works.

It might as well be Pixar.
>>
>>92921637
Alot of this doesn't really fit the established story.
>>
>>92921637
>Woody's doll is never produced
Anyone who has seen the second movie would know that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>92921637
The things I don't quite understand are literallly no other Woody dolls ever having being produced and Mr. Potato head originally belonging to Andy's dad even though he's clearly the 90s version

Also it wouldn't have been Buzz Lightyear replacing Woody's Roundup, just general space-themed toys. The Buzz Lightyear line was a fairly new thing at the time of Toy Story 1
>>
>>92921637
If that's the case Andies mom must of hated Andies dad.
>>
>Andy's dad gives Andy his Woody doll
>just before he dies
>while Andy's mom id pregnant with Andy's little sister

So, by the time Toy Story rolls around, Andy has only had Woody for like two years? I thought Woody was supposed to be Andy's oldest, dearest toy. I know that two years is a lot for a child and that Woody isn't age appropriate for a very very young child like a toddler, but still, I would've expected Woody to be around for longer before Toy Story starts.
>>
>>92925424
The first movie made mention of him having Woody since Kindergarten.
>>
I'm surprised people are struggling with how this fits in canon. If any of this information is true doesn't it make more sense for it to have been pre-production notes that were filtered through and refined to the info that is actually available in the film. This ain't Star Trek, there's not some encyclopedia of immutable Toy Story lore.
>>
>>92925424
>Andy's dad gives Andy his Woody doll

Hi Hi
>>
What a perfect, well maintained beard.
>>
>>92925233
>all those times Woody was lost and Andy's mom didn't give a single fuck
>>
>caring about toystory post 3rd movie
>>
>>92927029
The shorst and specials are funny.
>>
>>92921637
This only makes sense if you've never seen the 2nd or third movies.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.