[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your favorite trope and how it usually gets ruined

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3719.jpg (32KB, 385x273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3719.jpg
32KB, 385x273px
>Each member of a group of heroes share the same amount of power, each with their own attributes so everyone becomes important.
>Eventually after a season, either one member get their powers extremely boosted, or the other members' powers suddenly become useless.
>>
>Jokey pacifist who everyone thinks is too old/too weak/too silly to be of any use is actually the strongest warrior on their team and kicks 20x more ass normally than the main character does on a good day
>This character shows their skills a scant few times, and only the first couple times actually allow them to be awesome. Usually when pitted against the villain (or worse, one of the villains henchmen), all the badass power the character has goes out the fucking window and they get stomped.
>>
File: RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE.png (1MB, 1263x702px) Image search: [Google]
RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE.png
1MB, 1263x702px
>it looks like the villain actually shares a different worldview than the main hero and is a powerful ideological foe for him
>then it turns out the villain actually pursues very primitive and simplistic goals like money and world domination or stuff and all of their ideology was just a ruse
>>
>>92918638
>all their ideology was just a ruse
more like
>the universe swoops in and shows everyone the villain's ideology is wrong
>bonus points for it being analogous for a real-world ideological divide
>>
>villain is terrifying in the first appearance
>becomes more pathetic with each appearance.
>>
File: bother.jpg (41KB, 647x697px) Image search: [Google]
bother.jpg
41KB, 647x697px
>>92917089
>Cast introduce new members to the team
>the new members are stronger then most of the OG cast by a large margin
>most of OG cast can't even stand up to the new villains and end up having to rely on new cast and MC for help every time
>eventually OG cast just doesn't show up most of the time anymore or are incapacitated
>>
>>92917089

>Villain is a godlike being and acts like it
>Heroes treat him like a bad guy
>>
>>92917089
>Defrosting Ice Queen
>She becomes a meek, submissive moeblob with none of the qualities that made her interesting in the first place
>>
>>92917089
>There's a clear villain the first season.
>He either becomes a good guy, or a joke later on.
>>
File: IMG_1908.jpg (51KB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1908.jpg
51KB, 323x267px
>>92919594
>Wanting the Heros to wank the villains ego
>>
>>92917089

>Protag has multiple hot chicks thirsting for his dick
>He doesn't just choose all of them
>>
>Character gets really lucky and get what they always wanted once for all
>They have to ditch it because someone else's feelings
>>
>>92917089
>Hero is at a huge disadvantage against the villian, and needs all his skill and intelligence to stand a chance.
>The villian's plans crumble off screen and the hero wins via dull fist fight and asspulls.

Seriously, fuck I Am Bane.
>>
>>92919124
Fucking Father from KND, I swear to god. And then they had to rub it in our faces by giving him the buildup to a beautifully redeeming awesome moment against Grandfather, only to play it off for the shittiest joke in the movie (and that's saying something considering the movie's climax is dependent on a fucking booger).
>>
>>92917089
Xiaolin Showdown / Chronicles?
>>
>>92917089
>>92919564
Sounds like an anime thing.
>>
>>92918638
but isn't it also funny? the protag gets philosophically tormented, having to face the idea that maybe he was ideologically wrong, but the villain doesn't give a shit and was just trolling.
>>
>>92919564
Basically my team whenever I play Persona
>>
File: 1488718719001.png (141KB, 443x451px) Image search: [Google]
1488718719001.png
141KB, 443x451px
>>92919564
>>
File: vlcsnap-2010-05-15-14h16m44s99.png (101KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2010-05-15-14h16m44s99.png
101KB, 320x240px
>>92917089
>serious build up to end-boss-type level villain
>loses to the power of friendship/love
>>
>>92918638
>>92918899
>>92923435
You're missing the point, anons. That anon obviously just watched LOK, where that EXACT trope subversion happened four (4) times in a row.
>>
>>92917089
This is unironically my biggest gripe with Power Rangers.

>5 people share power and get equal time and attention
>1 asshole shows up halfway through every series with a shield and dagger and swordgun and gunsword and custom uniform and custom robot and custom plotlines and the other 5 teammates just look like assholes now

The comics are better about it at least.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.