[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Information Round-Up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 1.jpg (155KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
155KB, 1600x800px
>Directed by Joe & Anthony Russo ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").

>Score by Alan Silvestri ("The Avengers").

>Jon Favreau ("Iron Man") and James Gunn ("Guardians of the Galaxy") as executive producers and creative consultants.

>Plot centers on the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy joining forces to prevent Thanos from assembling the Infinity Stones to conquer the Universe.

>Featured characters so far include Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, Groot, Mantis, Nebula, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Wong, Valkyrie, Loki, the Collector, the Black Order and Thanos.

>Rumored characters so far include Ant-Man, Pepper Potts, Betty Ross, Secretary Thaddeus Ross and Captain Carol Danvers.

>Peter Dinklage has been cast in an undisclosed pivotal role in the movie.

>Reported budget of roughly $500 million.

>Release date May 4, 2018.

>Standalone movie that also leads to the sequel slated for May 3, 2019.
>>
File: 2.jpg (27KB, 700x293px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
27KB, 700x293px
>Set one year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. The Avengers are fractured and have gone separated ways. Steve Rogers has abandoned the identity of Captain America and is searching for his place in the world, while Tony Stark has isolated himself from the world and is obsessively preparing Earth's defenses against another potential alien invasion. The movie revolves around them putting their differences aside and rebuilding the Avengers to stop Thanos.

>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. The team members older and more experienced, with Groot having reached adulthood. They've also become intergalactic authorities and because of this they don't get along with the Avengers at first when they breach into their territory. They'll be supporting characters and mostly provide comic relief.

>The two groups come together when Thanos deploys his army to retrieve the Infinity Stones scattered throughout the cosmos. They are led by the Black Order, a cabal of cybernetically-enhanced intergalactic assassins led by Corvus Glaive, played Terry Notary.

>Thanos is enamorated by the embodiment of Death and plans to use the Infinity Stones to reshape the universe in her honor. He can be viewed as the main character of the movie.

>Thor, Scarlet Witch, Winter Soldier, Nebula and Loki will have major roles in the movie alongside Rogers and Stark. Thor is hellbent on stopping Thanos after the events of THOR: RAGNAROK; Scarlet Witch has "personal stakes" in the mission and is the only one powerful enough to challenge Thanos; Winter Soldier will be seeking redemption and undergo a "heroic transformation"; Nebula will keep seeking revenge against Thanos; and Loki will be acting as Thanos' advisor in the war while pursuing an agenda of his own.
>>
>>92910844
>They've also become intergalactic authorities

Annihilation outfits confirmed?
>>
File: 3.jpg (46KB, 800x409px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
46KB, 800x409px
>The movie will revolve around character interactions. Notable ones include Rogers and Stark's strained partnership; Stark's newfound friendships with Doctor Strange and Spider-Man; Rogers' longstading friendships with Winter Soldier and Black Widow; and the romances between Black Widow & Hulk and Scarlet Witch & Vision, plus the interactions between the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>The movie will feature numerous new alien worlds and environments, leading up to a pivotal battle in Thanos' domain.

>There's a segment about Scarlet Witch and Vision being attacked during a romantic interlude in Scotland by Corvus Glaive and his mistress Proxima Midnight.

>There's a segment of a human-looking Vision, apparently without the Mind Stone, although that could be the result of an image inducer.

>There's a segment featuring Thor, Valkyrie, Iron Man, Nick Fury and Rocket in the Asgardiann temple first glimpsed in Thor's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>There's reportedly a segment featuring Black Widow and Winter Soldier in Wakanda.

>Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Star-Lord, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Falcon and Winter Soldier, among others, are confirmed to be featured in the battle in an alien wasteland first glimpse in Stark's vision from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.

>Thor will have Mjolnir back.

>Spider-Man has a new suit.
>>
>>92910923
>his mistress Proxima Midnight.
fake and discarded.
She's his wife.
>>
>>92910923
>Stark's newfound friendships with Doctor Strange
Illuminati confirmed?
Also isn't Doctor Strange basically magic Tony Stark in the MCU?
>>
>>92910840
>>92910844
>>92910923
Are these movies going to be 8 hours long a piece?
>>
>4 years after GotG2
>GotG has become an intergalactic authorities

Oh shit, Quill will become more serious and stops playing music, won't he?
>>
>>92912341
You can't stop the music.
>>
>>92910840

But where muh defenders?
>>
>>92910923
>the romances between Black Widow & Hulk

Goddamnit
>>
>>92910840
>The Black Order
>Not the Blood Brothers
>Not a Masters of Evil to counter set the Avengers like a chess piece

Gay.
>>
>>92913112
Oh wow, yeah let's make this TOTAL trash and pander to aspies. Stupid faggot.
>>
>>92913112
black order>rest
>>
>>92913280
mah nigga
>>
>>92910914
Don't get me excited anon pls
>>
>>92910840
>the Black Order
I actually dug the Black Order. Hopefully they use them instead of le huge army of minions as the fights before Thanos.
>>
File: New Suit.jpg (466KB, 1100x835px) Image search: [Google]
New Suit.jpg
466KB, 1100x835px
>>92910923
>Spider-Man has a new suit
Which one will it be
>>
>>92913112
Black Order makes sense because they are a team of underlings under Thanos.

Why would any humans work with Thanos?
>>
>>92915362
Isn't the Homecoming suit just the Iron Spider?
>>
>>92910840
>Written by Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely ("Captain America: Civil War").
Shit!

>Cinematography by Trent Opaloch ("Captain America: Civil War").
Not as bad as above but shit!
>>
>>92916304
Markus ano McFeely are based.
>>
>>92912929
There aren't any hallways in Thanos's Domain.
>>
File: 1495945959248.jpg (144KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1495945959248.jpg
144KB, 572x303px
>>92918395
>>
>>92915362
black suit is off the table because of sony making a god damn venom movie, so some kind of iron spiderman I imagine, but at the same time, what is the point of a iron spider suit if his new suit in homecoming is basically that, but just a spiderman suit
>>
>>92916304
Markus and McFeely are great writers.
>>
https://twitter.com/IMDb/status/870672442691207168

Man-Ape is in the film.
>>
>>92916304
Markus and McFeely are the best writers the MCU has employed. They somehow managed to cobble out a consistently good trilogy despite the studios insistence that Cap 3 be a Civil War clusterfuck. They get Cap as a character and haven't written him poorly (looking at you Whedon).

Now the cinematographer concerns me, because CW looked like shit.
>>
>>92910914
I would cum buckets but it aint gonna happen. That bts footage they released with RDJ, Holland, and Pratt confirms Pratt as being in the usual movie trench coat.
>>
>>92910923
Since it's confirmed that Thor has Mjolnir back, what weapon does he have in his right hand there? Are we suspecting Jarnborn?
>>
>>92910840
>>92910844
>>92910923

No T'Challa?
>>
>>92921490
Not yet.
>>
>>92912341
Hey you can like music and be a responsible person.
>>
>>92916304
Markus and Mcfeely are good and probably the only saving grace about the Cap movies.

They alsp had cool ideas for Cap sequels that didn't happen because the Russos and Feige went into another direction.

They are also comicbook nerds.
>>
>>92921601
Bummer. I thought he was the best part of CW and was hoping he would play a big role in IW. I guess it makes since though, since they have a lot of plates to keep spinning already.
>>
>>92921712
>Only saving grace about the Cap movies

I'm curious about your thoughts. Personally, I thought TFA was underrated (although the third act was a mess, it was a phenomenal origin story) and WS is top 5 capeshit for me. CW was a mess but still decent. What problems do you find with the Cap trilogy?
>>
This is will be the greatest event cinema of the decade.

4 billion total for Parts 1 and 2.
>>
>>92917469
>>92921393
>>92921393
>>92921712

Oh, I thought they were only behind civil war.

Still, Infinity War by its scale and the number of characters is closer to Civil War than to the 2 first Captain America which are focused on 2-3 characters.

This is a bit worrying.
>>
File: 1450140040765.jpg (7KB, 251x145px) Image search: [Google]
1450140040765.jpg
7KB, 251x145px
>>92910923
>Stark's newfound friendships with Spider-Man
>>
>>92921490
Ahem >>92919382
>>
>>92916304
They should call him Trent Opaque.
>>
>>92910840
But will it score as high as Wonder Woman; the highest rated Super Hero film of all time?
>>
>>92921450
Not really confirmed, as all they did was give the priest guy a Mjolnir prop as a thank you to Durham Cathedral.
>>
>>92913112
Masters of Evil would be of no interest to Thanos.
>>
>>92921965
>4 billion total for Parts 1 and 2.
>Parts 1 and 2

Anon, I....
>>
>>92910923
The "human" Vision is Victor Shade, Viz's disguise. Seeing as he "wore" holographic clothes in CW, it's not a stretch that he figured out how to go full holographic.
>>
>>92910844
>winter soldier will undergo a "heroic transformation"
new cap confirmed?
>>
>>92912341
hope he upgrades from a zune to an ipod classic, the definitive media player
>>
>>92915362
these are incredibly long shots, but future foundation, big time, or captain universe
>>
>>92910923
>Black Widow & Hulk
I thought they learned their lesson
>>
>>92922831
yeah, it was forced and terribly handled. >think you're the only monster on the team? XD

but to throw it out entirely would be a mistake in my opinion. unless the character interaction was so irreparably damaging to the material, like i dunno, tony stark going on a baby murder spree, you can probably turn it into something interesting.

markus and mcfeely know how to write character interactions pretty well. see steve and natasha in winter soldier. they'll find the interesting angle to the hulk/widow relationship and either develop it meaningfully or end it appropriately.
>>
>>92922207
Agreed. I'm a huge MCU fag, and I don't think this is a good idea. Honestly, it will be miraculous if it turns out well, and gets any critical backing. Critics are tired of the big plot clusterfuck capeshit.
>>
>>92922353
Not a chance in hell, but I don't really care about the DCEU. I'm glad for the DCbros though, they needed a win.
>>
>>92922600
Seems that way. Evans has also wanted to be done with Cap for a while now. It makes sense.
>>
>>92923019
> Three biggest pitfalls are the Avengers reuniting too easily, Wanda and Vision's relationship not being developed enough to give it the emotional weight it needs, and Thanos being underdeveloped.
>>
>>92912955
Black Widow likes the BGC
>>
>>92922219
>Spider-Man is only allowed to interact with characters I personally approve of
Are Spiderfags the worst people on this board?
>>
>>92922353
>the highest rated Super Hero film of all time
>Muh feminism
>>
>>92910844
>Set one year after CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR
>Set four years after GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2.

This doesn't exactly seem right. So far, since the Avengers almost every movie has been implied to take place at roughly the time of release (give or take a few months maybe, but definitely within a year)

The first Guardians of the Galaxy unambiguously happened in 2014, and I can't remember if the second one actually had any dates. Regardless, Civil War confirms that it's been 8 years since Iron Man announced himself to the world. This lines up with Iron Man releasing in 2008 and Civil War releasing in 2016. If this movie happens one year after Civil War, it takes place in 2017, which is only 3 years after the events of the first GotG. Even assuming no time at all passed between GoTG 1 and 2, there isn't room for Infinity War to take place 4 years later.
>>
>>92922483
>Seeing as he "wore" holographic clothes in CW
Wut?
>>
>>92923575
They had a bit of text that showed up at the beginning of the film saying it was only a few months after the first film.
>>
>>92923575
>The first Guardians of the Galaxy unambiguously happened in 2014
How have you definitively established this?
>>
>>92923691
Still, if this movie takes place "one year after Civil War", which I can only reasonably conclude happened in 2016, then it hasn't even been 4 years since the Guardians were formed
>>
>>92923705

the opening was 1988, and then when it transitions to Quill stealing the orb it says "26 years later"
>>
We know we're getting farmer Thanos ending, do you think they lied and they'll include Adam in Avengers 4? Or not?
>>
>>92923746
Gotcha I see that now.
>>
>>92923090

He just doesn't want to do a movie every year. He went from TWS, to AOU, to CW. He barely got a 6 month break after CW press tour before Avengers 3 started filming. The last 6 weeks of that break? Had to start working out again.

RDJ has it much much easier.
>>
>>92911145
>Illuminati confirmed?

No. Mutants and Inhumans don't exist in the MCU.

>Also isn't Doctor Strange basically magic Tony Stark in the MCU?
No. They just both specialize in different fields of science, ect.
>>
>>92923584
He appears to be wearing clothes in Civil War but is in fact naked.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.