[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DCEU Mythology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1494507000352.png (279KB, 670x377px) Image search: [Google]
1494507000352.png
279KB, 670x377px
So, Wonder Woman has added a little confusion to the mythology of the DCEU going forwards. Allegedly Zeus created man, amd then the Amazons, and Ares killed all the other gods. Except, this doesn't work, and was delivered by an unreliable narrator in the form of a story, and we have 'older' gods in the setting that already ruled over humanity.

>Enchantress was 'born' 4357 B.C. and humanity existed to see her and her brother as gods.

We also know that if they ever decide to do Constantine, a TV show of Sandman or Death, or have Spectre or Doc Fate or Etrigan (or Deadman), or really any of the other supernatural-based beings they are going to have to clarify. Hell, this isn't even getting into Krypton and other worlds, Darkseid and the New Gods, or the Source Wall.

So, as it obviously doesn't add up, my question is more how you think Diana is going to react when it turns out that, actually, there is another magical/supernatural sphere that again she wasn't told about? The lies and half truths she grew up with seemed to be her major enemy in WW, rather than Ares. He more or less just personified it.
>>
I started reading comics with new 52 and everything about WW is about lies and truth. Zeus/Ares, God/Jesus clearly comes from Snyder. But he (probably not intentially) set a mystery for a future sequal.
>>
Well, in post-Crisis continuity she had to deal with the existence of other gods quite a few times. She's teamed-up with Hindu, Egyptian, Hawaiian, Norse, Native American, African, and even Biblical mythological figures. She even had to deal with the Roman counterparts of her own gods. Not to mention the fictional pantheons of the Atlanteans, Thanagarians, and the New Gods.

In the DCU basically all mythologies are true and none of them are. It's not something that can be explicitly explained. Diana grew up being taught that the Titans created mankind and the Olympians created the Amazons, so that's what she believes, that's her truth. Other gods are just cosmic figures.

Even though she's seen all the powers the other pantheons possess, the Olympians are her patrons and the source of her powers, so she has to have faith in them.

I also don't think the movies are going to go too deep into this, because they're just dumb movies for mass audiences.
>>
>>92910083
I want Azz's run on film :(
>>
>>92911701
What? Why?
It starts with you expecting to know her origin and lots of other mythos.

That'd make a terrible movie since 90% wouldn't understand who or what is established.
>>
File: 1494265056405.jpg (168KB, 1199x465px) Image search: [Google]
1494265056405.jpg
168KB, 1199x465px
>>92910083
So Creationism and young earth theory are true on the DCEU?
>>
>>92911774
Nah they believe in the Big Hand theory.
Long ass time ago a giant hand made a universe, BUT DON'T LOOK AT THE HAND CAUSE IF YOU DO BAD SHIT HAPPENS.
>>
>>92911733
But the origin is clear now isnt it?
A shortened version would make for at least two good films.
>>
>>92910083
What is the exact story in Wonder Woman with the gods and what gods did they kill? Because it sounds like the Titanomachy. Which was just Titans. So maybe Zeus is something similar to Enchantress and Diablo that reigned in the Mediterranean rather than America. n
>>
>>92911853
Even two films would have a lot that's prolly need cutting out.
Would they have room for Orion? Anything with Poseidon? Would it be a good idea for a story who's clay origins are not the most well known to casuals to go "nah it's this now".

I'm not saying I didn't also love the Azz run, bit there are plenty of other great runs that would be easier for newbies to swallow in movie form.

Legend of Wonder Woman.
JLA League of One, maybe.
Beginning of Perez run.
>>
>>92912105
Azz's run would be basically the worst possible choice for a movie. It hinges entirely on serialized drama and lacks a single narrative arc.

It's basically a TV show.

The Amazons in the movie are already not the ones Azz used so I don't know what they would even take from it.

LoWW, IMO basically works perfectly as a movie script. Of course it's too late for that since it mostly covers her childhood and coming to man's world.

A good movie could be something like an extremely stripped down version of War of the Gods and the arc leading up to it, with the Amazons finally coming to man's world, getting framed by Dr. Psycho and Circe.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.