[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl Genius

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: sciencepc1[1].jpg (309KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sciencepc1[1].jpg
309KB, 1600x1200px
Does writing make up for eye gouging art or is it as bad as it seems ?
>>
It's really just the faces. Those weird fucking faces.
>>
>>92908605
i thought it was ok
but i did stop reading several years ago so i dont know
i lost my place and dont feel like picking it back up
>>
So just buckling up and reading until i like it ?
Is all the hype worth it ?
>>
>>92908605
Wow, you can spot the Floglioness in the thumbnail
>>
It's fun enough to make up for the silly putty faces.
The plot moves like a glacier, constantly, but almost imperceptibly. I think there was just a timeskip due to some stasis bomb going off or something. They haven't stopped to talk about anything since it happened.
The Jagers are the best part.
>>
...I just assumed it was a Gold Digger ripoff.
>>
File: ggmain20021108.jpg (160KB, 700x1073px) Image search: [Google]
ggmain20021108.jpg
160KB, 700x1073px
>>92908605
>>92908653
It might be, depends on your tolerance for confusing garish art. I liked the starting chapter and maybe the next two years, and I still bookmark it. But if a page has too much text and confusing panels I just skip it. Latest update was readable, by GG standards that is.
Maybe it's the colours, the earliest pages were grayscale, pic related.
>>
>>92908605
>Does writing make up for eye gouging art
Yeah. One Punch Man proved it as a fact if the writing is good enough it doesnt matter how bad your drawings are.
>>
>>92908605
Reminder that you are low-test if you can't fap to this
>>>/aco/1441963
>>
>>92909692
>One Punch Man proved that
>Not any of the other terribly drawn but well written comics before that
>not 12oz Mouse or any of Brad Nelley's shorts
>not basics common sense
>it was only with the inception of a cult webcomic that only took off when a more skilled artist redrew it that bad art was factually proven not to be a factor in good story telling
>>
>>92908653
It's personal taste. Any shared objective facts require more clarification from you.
Read it until you don't want to any more. If you go until you hate it, you've gone too far. I did that with Star Trek Voyager and jesus fucking christ that is now the one thing in the world that triggers me more than child rapists, genocidal fascist leaders, etc. Voyager is a hate crime that should be outlawed. Let me tell you about it's evils. Here's an interiew with Ronald D. Moore that clarifies it from an insider perspective. http://www.lcarscom.net/rdm1000118.htm

>>92909692
but Girl Genius is no One Punch Man.

>>92908817
>The plot moves like a glacier
It's not just the glacial pace. Good plots can be very slow and yet still have good pacing if the micro-arcs of an update are done well {IMO ErfWorld does this well. Every page satisfies me.}, but this just isn't worth it.

From reading it for years {up until they left the castle}, my impression was that this was nothing but bait for people who like quirky girl genius characters {with varying degrees of dubious morality. I think there's at least one clearly malicious girl genius characters as well.}. I was a libcuck in my youth {I'm a moderate even tho I use /pol/ terms} so that's probably attractive to me, but this seriously wore out it's welcome really easily.

>The Jagers are the best part.
... Yeah, somehow the Jagers are the least bad thing about this despite being such a simple, repeating gimmick. I wonder how fast he could run a Jager spin-off into the ground. Somehow I imagine it would be immediate, but his perseverance have probably made him popular enough that he could get away with it beyond that.

>>92910577
"It Hurts!!"
Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>92908817
>>92910602
The plot moves slow as fuck, but the most insulting part is that they keep taking detours to fuck around with other things. They rarely mesh well with the overall direction of the plot and tend to make it come to a screeching halt so they can have a three way medical session or something for years on end.

When Zombie Charlemagne popped up I think I actually sighed.
>>
File: 1486082724146.jpg (300KB, 925x694px) Image search: [Google]
1486082724146.jpg
300KB, 925x694px
>>92910577
>>Not any of the other terribly drawn but well written comics before that
>>not 12oz Mouse or any of Brad Nelley's shorts
Name one that's as famous and successful as OPM
>>not basics common sense
It ought to be but it's not. There are plenty of people never give stories a chance because of the art.
>>it was only with the inception of a cult webcomic that only took off when a more skilled artist redrew it that bad art was factually proven not to be a factor in good story telling
there can be more than one thing that proves something true. OPM is just the most famous example.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.