[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What exactly were your problems with this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: samurai-jack-season-5.jpg (111KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
samurai-jack-season-5.jpg
111KB, 1400x700px
What exactly were your problems with this?
>>
>>92907451
really really really rushed ending
>>
>>92907451
the fact that the writers decided to dedicate screentime to the Scotsman naming off his daughters in the final battle instead of saying his last goodbyes to Jack, timeline erasing bs aside, is pretty much a good summation of everything wrong with the series and probably Genndy as a writer.

Instead of continuing the pacing and trend of the first 3 episodes we delve into pointless love bullshit filler until oops- genndy realizes he has no more time left.

I cant believe that THIS ending was what made him want to come back and finish the series. If he wasn't going to play with our expectations even a little, then he probably shouldn't have put so much effort into making the first 3 episodes as great and mold breaking as they were.
>>
Ashi

/thread
>>
>>92907561
I'll give you this, but this is nonsense >>92907572
>the fact that the writers decided to dedicate screentime to the Scotsman naming off his daughters in the final battle instead of saying his last goodbyes to Jack
What needed to be said? Everyone gathered for the sole purpose of ending it with Aku.

>timeline erasing bs aside
Literally in the narriation for every episode
>Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku's

>Instead of continuing the pacing and trend of the first 3 episodes we delve into pointless love bullshit filler until oops- genndy realizes he has no more time left.

Love was literally the only thing that the series hadn't explored and it tied into the series theme of Jack being alone.

>I cant believe that THIS ending was what made him want to come back and finish the series. If he wasn't going to play with our expectations even a little, then he probably shouldn't have put so much effort into making the first 3 episodes as great and mold breaking as they were.
The whole season held that quality throughout.
>>
>>92907451
The pacing was crap, spending time in an episode on shit that needed to be sped up or not have 22 minutes centered on it.
>>
They killed off the deuteragonist in the most half assed and rushed way imaginable at a point where it was really unnecessary.
>>
>>92907451
The trailer was fake as shit.

What the hell happened to bushi Jack?
>>
The first couple episodes were fucking amazing and Ashi was a general detriment to the gravity that those had. I feel like the entire episode inside the monster couldve been skipped or made into something more interesting.

Fight with Aku was kinda underwhelming and the ending in general felt anti-climactic.

I didnt hate it and I like that Jack is finally home at least but the last 6-ish episodes didnt manage to live up to the first 4 and the highpoints of the show in general.

Also, what was up with Jack's new rectangular face? Pet peeve but it took me out of it at times.
>>
>>92908180
I was expecting Ashi to fuck off at the end of episode 4 after she realizes to herself that an evil man would not sacrifice himself and go through all this trouble to help somebody who was trying to kill him.
But for some reason the bitch stuck through episodes 5-6-7 to waste even more screentime.
After she fucked off in episode 4, she should have only returned in episode 10 to help Jack fight Aku and help him create the time portal AFTER JACK KILLS AKU IN THE FUTURE.
Like episode 1 wasn't enough of a waste of time and episode 3 wasn't badly paced with Jack falling through the river Jesus style, the amaterasu wolf and the boring way of killing the daughters.

Then episode 4 was just a retreading of the dragon episode and Ashi tied to Jack's back made it annoying and tiresome as fuck.
>>
>>92907451
a whole season of monotonous episodes that stretch for time up to a somewhat underwhelming yet memorable ending
>>
>>92907572
>timeline erasing bs aside

I'm mad that people are mad about that.

I can see people not liking the execution or ripping off Nia's death. But not Jack actually completing his quest. People are thinking way to hard about it like it's a story about the flash dicking around with the timestream and fucking things up. But even if you DO think too hard about it, even if say the Scotsman or other characters never born(Which totally isn't the shows style)...that's worth it. Because you've saved earth a thousand years or so of hell under Aku's rule.
>>
File: choice.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
choice.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>>92908681
I wanted Jack to go back to the past and change the future, but I feel let-down that it happened in such a half-assed way, and that it left important questions unanswered. The whole thing could've been done so much better.
>>
Like all good things, it ended
>>
>>92907451
It wasn't what I wanted
>>
>>92907451
pacing
unnecessary or time wasting moments
sometimes Ashi
/co/

Overall could have been done better but I enjoyed it,the ending was a satisfying conclusion for me
I give it an 8/10
>>
File: images (3).jpg (5KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
5KB, 194x259px
>>92907451
>Bring back a series thats been dead for 13 years for only a 10 episode season.
>Spend half the season focused on some baboon faced, literally who character.
>Add a cringy forced romance with little to build-up.
>Blatantly rip off an anime ending for the finale.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.