[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

I watched first two episodes and I didn't really like it. I feel it will be only about annoying 12 years old boy who is mediocre fighter, but when he's in great danger, he turns into Avatar, then beat everybody and then just change back to annoying boy. Will it get better or stay childish?
>>
>>92906971
It gets better.
>>
File: TeenTitansLogo.jpg (13KB, 300x259px) Image search: [Google]
TeenTitansLogo.jpg
13KB, 300x259px
>>92906971
Watch this instead, it's a much better show.
>>
>>92906971
It gets better but the ending might piss you off. Still very good and worth watching.
>>
>>92907008
The ending was just about the only good part of that season. Y'all are insane.
>>
>>92906991
>This is what nostalgiafags actually believe
>>
>>92907045
I mean How Aang asspulled the nonlethal way of dealing with the fire lord. Came off as annoyingly too kid-friendly just because there was no real setup aside from the lion turtle making some cryptic remarks gen minutes before the fight. It just seems like the kind of thing OP wouldn't like
>>
File: bogsbinny.jpg (10KB, 214x255px) Image search: [Google]
bogsbinny.jpg
10KB, 214x255px
>>92906991
>nostalgiafags don't realize that show is just medicore weebshit that wasn't even well-recieved when it aired
>>
>>92907104
There's no issue with that outside of autism. The finale did have the actual problem of the rock but Book 3 was way worse overall.
>>
>>92907068
>>92907120
I watched it for the first time just recently. Never so much as heard the name until then AFAIK.
>>
>>92907120
>I have convinced myself that Avatar was bad and only pleads like it

you have been here too long.
>>
>>92907244
You're a fucking idiot regardless, but Avatar is pretty bad tho.
>>
>>92907244
I was referring to the original Teen Titans, but Avatar is pretty overrated too. Both can also be classified as weebshit.
>>
File: image.png (118KB, 687x343px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
118KB, 687x343px
>>92907318
All the best cartoons ever made are weebshit. Pic related.
>>
>>92907329
>The Batman
What? I don't dislike the show, but it wasn't anything particularly amazing. I loved the Joker's design in it, though. Them trying to use a few lesser known villains like Firefly was neat too.
>>
>>92906971
>12 years old boy who is mediocre fighter
You clearly didn't pay attention.

Aang at the start of the show is already one of the best benders in the world able to take dozens of firebenders at the same time.

The series is very good, but stay away from the fandom. 90% of them only care about kids fucking and write essays to defend why this kid should fuck this kid instead of the other kid.
>>
>>92907329
>implying any of those are good

>good cartoon
>weebshit
pick one
>>
File: The-batman-serie.jpg (47KB, 555x694px) Image search: [Google]
The-batman-serie.jpg
47KB, 555x694px
>>92907396
It's the only animesque Batman cartoon. The other ones suck because the West doesn't know how to do good cartoons on its own.
>>
KORRA SUCKS AMIRITE GUYS DO I FIT IN NOW
>>
>>92907434
Samurai Jack season 5 hate is where it's at now. Get with the times, anon.
>>
>>92907329
>>92907429
I can name you some good western cartoons that aren't anime-inspired or had much help from outside countries.

>most of Ralph Bakshi's work
>most of René Laloux's work
>Watership Down/Plague Dogs (same director)
>The Animals of Farthing Wood
>some of Don Bluth's early works
>When the Wind Blows

I could name some more, but I'd have to dig through my memory banks.
>>
>>92907559
If the general population hasn't heard of those, you might have a problem.

If someone like me, who basically grew up on cartoons (hated live action back in the day and still kinda do) has only heard of a few of those titles and never watched any, you have a SERIOUS problem.
>>
>>92907603
It probably means you/the general population have little to no taste.
That's not my problem, it's their problem.
Something being lesser known doesn't automatically mean it's bad.
>>
>>92907663
No, it means Europeans don't do marketing properly, and the whole industry suffers for it.
>>
>>92907603
If you are an American, it is not surprising. America is extremly isolated in terms of media.
>>
>>92907718
America may be rather isolated, but Europe is shit at marketing *even within Europe itself*.
>>
>>92907407
Yeah I noticed that, but that Fire bender Prince is portrayed as little bit stupid and clumsy so I didn't considered him as strong opponent.
>>
>>92907692
I've lived in the UK and traveled Europe previously, most people I poke to there knew those cartoon existed and may have even watched them when they first came out. They were mostly older people, but they do tell their kids/friends about them.
>>
>>92907784
*spoke
>>
>>92907784
>>92907800
Now I have this mental image of you going around poking some European seniors and asking them if they told their grandkids about these cartoons.
>>
>>92907826
lol. Many of them were parents/teachers of some of my European friends.
>>
>>92906971
Watch it to see Bryke's first attempts at writing STRONG FEMALE CHARACTERS.
>>
File: 1474315168540.jpg (102KB, 916x690px) Image search: [Google]
1474315168540.jpg
102KB, 916x690px
>>92907941
do it
>>
>>92907104
Energy bending was poorly set up,
but the non-lethal solution was the best way for things to end. If Aang just merc'd the Firelord it would have undermined his character and the whole show
>>
>>92909540
But doesn't NOT doing that undermine it? I mean, the common argument is that he was supposed to grow up and realize you can't always protect your values, and at the last second he gets to do so after all.
>>
>>92906971
You're way off. Aang is already an amazing airbender , and he trains hard to learn the other bending styles.
>>
>>92907104
>>92909540
The point is that Aang still beat the Firelord on his own merits. It was never planned that Aang would kill the Firelord, so there's no reason to get butthurt about it.
>>
>>92909540
>>92909579
Ozai said that the Air Nomads were too weak to 'live in his new world', it wasn't just a matter of beating Ozai, by beating him while staying within the ideas of his people Aang disproved Ozai's statement, maintaining every one of the beliefs which he claimed made them weak Aang still took a stand and said 'the air nomads culture will not be ended so easily'. If Aang had betrayed what the monks taught him, Ozai would have been vindicated, since Aang would have decided that the monks' ideals couldn't survive in Ozai's world and that he'd made breaking them necessary.

Normally the 'if you kill your enemies they win' thing is stupid, but in this situation it actually applies
>>
>>92909973
Listen up Justin, I know you're new to 4chan and all but SPOILER THAT SHIT.
>>
>>92906991
>>92906971
they're both 10/10 shows and you are objectively a faggot if you hate on them
>>
File: Based Iroh.gif (346KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
Based Iroh.gif
346KB, 500x525px
>>92906971
At least watch until the Storm, or maybe the Blue Spirit. Watch the entire first season, the finale is amazing. Iroh unleashing his fury was amazing.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.