[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>thanos always loses because he feels like he's not w-worthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: adam_and_thanos.jpg (36KB, 600x244px) Image search: [Google]
adam_and_thanos.jpg
36KB, 600x244px
>thanos always loses because he feels like he's not w-worthy

This shitty villain is going to be the final boss of MCU. Are you excited?
>>
>>92902910
Not really, they're trying to jump into the middle of his character arc with no build-up and no Warlock. How is this going to work?
>>
>>92902910
Yes, if they spend two movies building him up as the ultimate big bad and then the settle everything by talking I'll be pleasantly surprised.
>>
> Loki failed
> Ronan failed

Looks like they're setting it up alright. He differed to these incompetent men because he wanted them to fail
>>
>>92903089
It's like poetry; it rhymes.
>>
>>92902910
The Infinity Gauntlet is too overpowered for Thanos to be defeated in any reasonable way, It will be an asspull, we just gotta pray it's a good one.
>>
>>92902910

Is Thanos a manlet in that pic?
>>
>>92903162
Or they could just do what the comics did.
>>92903182
Warlock is a big guy. Someone post the bit where he's juggling the solar system.
>>
>>92903182
He's towering over him because it's a good visual for who's in control of the conversation.
>>
>>92902910
NEVER liked this kind of wank. It really is just fuel for fanboys.

"Thanos is invincible, he only loses because it is what he wants".

"Doom in invincible, he only loses because it is what he wants".

How can someone seriously find it cool or well-written? Shit like this is why comics are considered the lesser subgenre of literature.
>>
>>92903304
That is called character flaws. That despite his immense power, Thanos is hindered from his goals do to his own personality. A "man" who is in love with the concept of death, but doesn't kill himself.
>>
>>92903402
>That is called character flaws.
"He is so amazing that the only way he can lose is if he wants it".

Such a flawed man. The depth of an America Chavez.
>>
File: 98Get0s.png (304KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
98Get0s.png
304KB, 500x361px
>>92903304
>BEING GOD IS BENEATH ME DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS HAHAHAHA

Doctor Doom was completely flanderized in the last decade.
>>
>>92903465
The worst part is that Doomfags love it. The find it deep, well-written and complex.
>>
I always liked to imagine that Thanos is such an egotistical bastard that the only way for Warlock to talk him down is to appeal to his ego.

A "You lost because it was on purpose!"
T: "NO! N-....yes?"
A: "You always lose because you self sabotage!"
T: "That's right, I would never lose otherwise..."
A: "You secretly known this power isn't for you. Now help us clean up this mess, because you know you don't want to win!"
>>
>>92903446
Why do you think that one scene is what defines Thanos as a character?
>>
>>92904026
Maybe because Starlin keeps revisiting it every chance he gets?
>>
>>92904026
If anything the scene on the farm does, it's the best moment in the story.

Any adaptation of Infinity Gauntlet is going to suck if the Avengers are the stars, it's not about them. It's all about Warlock and Thanos, a continuation of plot threads from like 20 years prior.
>>
>>92902910
Thanos has always been a deranged, homicidal adventurer. But he's in love with the end of all things. And if all things end, then the adventure is finished. And he doesn't want that.
>>
File: too deep for the average man.jpg (40KB, 720x340px) Image search: [Google]
too deep for the average man.jpg
40KB, 720x340px
>>92904074
>>
>>92902910
at least Darkseid has the decency to put over heroes.

THHHanos sucks
>>
File: InfinityGauntlet6p32.jpg (248KB, 367x486px) Image search: [Google]
InfinityGauntlet6p32.jpg
248KB, 367x486px
>>92904026
This is the scene that I think defines him the most.

"MY ONE FATAL FLAW"
>>
File: thanos being thanos.png (681KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
thanos being thanos.png
681KB, 600x438px
>>92904026
>>
>>92902910
You know that shit meme, "tfw literally too intelligent to win"?

Thanos is this canonically and we are supposed to take it seriously.
>>
>>92904026
It's a major trait. How pissed would you be if you went to see Avengers 3, only to realize the badass villains they've been promising by the last 6-7 yeas will be defeated because "he doesn't feel like winning"?
>>
>>92903465
i feel like this is how trump is going to respond when asked about his years as president.
>>
>>92902910
Remember when he blatantly threw his fight with Captain Marvel?
>>
>>92904059
Jesus, I didn't think it was possible to miss the point of Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>92903089
deferred
>>
>>92904427
Are you saying that Starlin doesn't hammer down that Thanos only loses because he wants to?
>>
>>92904072
There were some amazing moments in Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet, and I don't think the farm gets near the top. But maybe I just didn't understand it.
>>
>>92904344
Sounds great, it would make me see the movie if they had to balls to go for it, but they won't it's going to be some dumb cgi smackdown.
>>
>>92904529
>Sounds great
Geez.

Thanosfags have no ground to ever complain about Bat-wankery or any kind of wankery, to be honest.
>>
File: Thanos-Death-3.jpg (269KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos-Death-3.jpg
269KB, 500x365px
>>92904485
>only loses because he wants to
Because he knows winning won't get him closer to his ultimate goal. Thanos overstepped his position in Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>92904485
It's not because he wants to lose. It's because he doesn't actually want to win. His goal is not to rule the universe, he's just having a cosmic tantrum because he wants his waifu to love him. But he constantly goes about it the wrong way.

Starlin uses Thanos (in conjunction with Warlock) to explore some neat ideas but he is not a deep character. Rather he is a charming one and quite different from most villains. Yes, that includes Doctor Doom and Darkseid.
>>
>>92904599
>Because he knows winning won't get him closer to his ultimate goal
Which ultimate goal? Dead pussy? Much better now.
>>
>>92904646
The willing love of Death. Defeating cosmic beings and becoming the ruler of the universe and possessor of almost unlimited power didn't impress her.
>>
>>92904573
> wankery

I don't want to see him slap around heroes because it's cool or "badass", I like that he attains near godhood and still can't get what he wants.

You're comparing it to shit like those ____ Kills the Marvel Universe titles.
>>
>>92904638
>he is not a deep character.
Finally, now we are going somewhere.

Admitting that "character who can do no wrong and only loses because at the end of the day he only wants love" is not deep is the first step to make comics better than trash.
>>
>>92904766
Who the fuck called Thanos deep? Fuck off with your strawman you pretentious wanker.
>>
>>92904638
>to explore some neat ideas but he is not a deep character.

Yeah him or Warlock removed from their space opera struggles under Starlin are never interesting. Like taking Darkseid and having him be the big bad for a Justice League story
>>
>>92904807
>Fan of Thanos wankery
>call others "pretentious wankers"
Heh.
>>
File: CPQucd4WwAADhoY.jpg (55KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
CPQucd4WwAADhoY.jpg
55KB, 600x300px
>>92904026
>>
>>92904859
I told you to fuck off with your strawman.
>>
>>92902910
>character flaws make a villain shitty
You're an idiot, go back to your DC mary sues.
>>
>>92904903
What are you gonna do? Try to beat me but then get wrecked because at the end of the day you doesn't feel like winning fights?
>>
>>92904394
>years
>>
>>92904859
>wankery

You keep saying that like people are die hard Thanos fanboys, this thread is just about a single story. I don't know if Starlin repeats it in his recent work, nor do I care because I'm not interested in reading those stories. Even Infinity Gauntlet was past his prime, he peaked on The Metamorphosis Odyssey.
>>
>>92904938
This is grade-school-tier b8 m8. Do us all a favor and stop embarassing yourself.
>>
>>92904868
The thanos copter has to be in the movies. It has to.
Make mine, Marvel.
>>
File: IMG_4411.jpg (89KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4411.jpg
89KB, 716x768px
>>92903212
>big guy
>>
>>92904968
>I don't know if Starlin repeats it in his recent work
He does that in every work focused on Thanos after Infinity Gauntlet.

If someone writer makes Thanos lose, he retcons it.

In "The End" he made GOD give Thanos infinity power to figure out how to fix the universe since God himself didn't know how. Thanos solution was "let's just make another universe without the problem". GOD couldn't think of it. Thanos could.

And the story had the same "he only loses because it is what he wants" shit writing.
>>
>>92904970
And "his only weakness is himself" is grade-school tier literature, yet he we are.
>>
>>92905072
Nobody ever said Infinity Gauntlet was high literature.
>>
>>92905106
Let's keep it that way.
>>
>>92904599
loved this aspect of infinity gauntlet, takes all this power so that death will love him, makes her hate him more because he has power over her.
>>
>>92902910
>Final boss
>implying the MCU will ever end
>>
>>92904936
>Tfw to intelligent to win is an interesting flaw
Also nice company wars faggot. Doubly hilarious considering how much of a Mary Sue Carol is.
>>
>>92905230
He's the ultimate Cosmic beta orbiter. And he's so totally obtuse about it. It's fantastic.
>>
>>92905290
it is, he becomes literally the most powerful being in the universe, and he's still orbiting death trying beta tactics to impress her
>>
>>92903304
You're missing the point of the dialogue and the build up you clown. The point is that even if his plan succeeds, even if everything goes right, and he busts his ass and gets what he's after, he will ruin it for himself, because deep down he feels he doesn't deserve it.

failing at the finish line != being the best ever but sabotages himself.
>>
>>92905276
But Carol has a great flaw.

"I'm the most famous, most beloved, most respected and amazing super-hero in the Marvel universe, but I am so awesome that I kinda feel lonely".

Maybe not as profound as "too intelligent to win", but deep nonetheless.
>>
>>92904599
I've always cringed seeing Thanos and Death interact. Why is she such a bitch to him anyway? Why does she even hang out with him?
>>
>>92905276
>it's not a flaw
>okay it's a flaw but it's not interesting
>okay it's interesting but it doesn't help my argument
It's not being too intelligent, it's being too arrogant to see fault in yourself, and it's rather common.
>>
>>92905362
>even if everything goes right, and he busts his ass and gets what he's after, he will ruin it for himself, because deep down he feels he doesn't deserve it.
Anyone understands that. Even Thanosfags here are willing to admit that this isn't high literature or deep at all.

I just don't like it. "He only loses because DEEP DOWN he thinks he doesn't deserve to win" is fuel for retards concerned with power levels, and nothing more.
>>
>>92905376
not him, but doesn't she at least have jessica drew
>>
>>92905443
>"He only loses because DEEP DOWN he thinks he doesn't deserve to win" is fuel for retards concerned with power levels, and nothing more.
-Obviously you don't get it, because you still think of it as powerlevel faggotry. It's like you only go for the shallowest parts of something and fail to go further than that. Then assualt the thing based on your own unwillingness to understand it.

The point is that even when he does win, he fucks himself over, not that he can win whenever and doesn't want too. Get it through your thick skull.

If you can't tell the difference between this and "hurr durr I knwe you'd do that so I let you win so I could use my magic utility belt and smartest brain" batfaggotry, then there's no help for you.
>>
>>92905385
she doesn't like him but he's a useful beta, so she keeps him around
>>
>>92905385
Nah dude he just won't stop coming around. She can't kill him cause he then he's just there to nag her all the time. So she she just kinda sends him on errands constantly.
>>
>>92905048
given how other writers tend to use thanos, i am okay with him retconning shit.

the end was stupid though.
>>
>>92905526
>If you can't tell the difference between this and "hurr durr I knwe you'd do that so I let you win so I could use my magic utility belt and smartest brain" batfaggotry, then there's no help for you.
And if you think that "I could win, but then I would fuck it eventually, so DEEP DOWN I actually doesn't want to win" is better than bat-faggotry, then you are a retard.

"B-But this wankery is actually a creative concept very well-written..."

Yeah, yeah.
>>
>>92903011
>no build-up
k.
>>
>>92903182
Since when is 6'7" considered manlet?
>>
>>92905848
Manlethood is relative. Trump is 6'2'' but he looks like a manlet compared to Comey.
>>
>>92903304

Stop being obtuse. When Thanos wields the omnipotent power and has defeated all forces that could stop him, how else is he going to lose in that position unless he unconsciously wills it?
>>
>>92904288
>oops i let go of the cube

Truly, the greatest Marvel villain.
>>
>>92905048

The solution in the End was clever. Sometimes you get too preoccupied with the problem and trying to fix it that you need someone from the outside to point out the obvious solution.
>>
File: Galactus.jpg (217KB, 1153x876px) Image search: [Google]
Galactus.jpg
217KB, 1153x876px
>>92905888
If that's the case, then everyone's a manlet compared to this guy.
>>
>>92906058
>The solution in the End was clever...
... if you are a retard.

Which The One Above All apparently is, since he is not intelligent enough to think "how about I just make another universe without this flaw".

Here, the solution fits one fucking phrase. GOD isn't smart enough to come up with this. Is this another example of high literature?
>>
>>92906071
To be fair, Galactus is fuck huge and has mad gains.
No wonder he's got a kid.
>>
>>92904394
Try months.
>>
>>92903465
If memory serves he's lying here. He got his ass kicked and is just saving face.
>>
File: image.jpg (205KB, 600x886px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205KB, 600x886px
>>92902910
>Are you excited?
You bet I am!
>>
>>92903304
To be fair, that's actually the point of Thanos.

When you wank a character like Doom you're just stacking them higher for dramatic purposes. Thanos is actually supposed to be like that from the getgo.
>>
File: IMG_1775.jpg (80KB, 516x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1775.jpg
80KB, 516x640px
>>92905385
Anthropomorphic oncepts of the universe are almost always dicks.
Its not exclusuve to Marvel. Although DC Death is pretty fair.
>>
>>92905720
We've spent very little time with Thanos in the MCU, whereas Infinity Gauntlet was a sequel to a Thanos centric miniseries made almost twenty years after the character was introduced
>>
>>92902910

You're an idiot.

>Got the Cosmic Cube

Was defeated because Adam fucked his shit up.

>Got the Infinity Gems

Was defeated because the Avengers fucked his shit up.

>Got the Infinity Gauntlet

Was defeated because Adam Warlock fucked his shit up.

>Invaded Earth with his Obsidian Order

Was defeated because Thane fucked his shit up.

>Tried to take over Battleworld

Was defeated because Doom fucked his shit up.

>Tried to steal the Cosmic Cube at Project Pegasus

Was defeated because the Avengers and SHIELD fucked his shit up.

Get the fuck out of here with this 'Thanps thinks he's unworthy. Mad or not, Thanos ranks. And the only time he felt insecure is either when Death is being a cocktease - which admittedly is often - or that time when he was split in two by the Magus.

By the way, I think the current 'Thanos' series is rancid shit and should be OOC as soon as possible.
>>
>>92905688
Look, the core concept of Thanos is that he doesn't know what the fuck he wants.

Unlike his DC counterpart Darkseid, Thanos had nobody telling him to embrace evil and take joy in being a dictator. Thanos was just the cursed unwanted son in a very complex family.

Thanos deep down wants to not exist, he wants someone to devote himself to and recieve love from, and he wants to be feared rather than ignored. He tries to get all three at once in a constant pursuit of fulfilment, and its the former that fucks him over. He literally courts death by devoting himself to the cold and dismissive manifestation of death, and fucks that up magnificently.

At the end of the day, Thanos is just Darkseid with Parker luck and no rolemodel or path to pursue.

THAT'S why he loses because he wants to lose. Because deep down he remains the suicidal child who grew up being shunned, which is something that he cannot overcome no matter how powerful he gets.
>>
>>92903574
>>92904234

Makes sense. He is an Eternal, after all. I mean, come on, he is supposed to be innately superior to pretty much everybody.

>>92904234

"Well, and that you declared the rest of the cosmos your enemy."

>>92904599

It's so weird though. He should logically know more about Mistress Death than anybody, yet he always fails to please her.

>TFW Thanos' entire character arc is nothing more than an overplayed metaphor about man-woman relations

"What's the matter?"
" ...Nothing."
>>
>>92906254

Has anybody already suggested that the 'One Above All' ouright does not exist? That every time we thought someone was interacting with him it was actually something else?

"The notion that someone is ultimately in charge has merit and is useful. We labor to maintain it throughout the Cosmos."

Call it 'The Big Lie' and make it a Summer crossover. Would never fly because it promotes atheism.

You could probably get a sponsor from the fedora manufacturing industry though.

>>92907089

Doom probably lies to himself in that regard. Or lied. He seems to have stopped now.

>>92908087

>Mistress Death comes home Early
>Thanos in bed with DC Death
>"It's not what you think!!"
>>
>>92908357
They'd have to retcon the F4 issue where they meet the One Above All though.
>>
>>92903465
...You do realize the whole point of the scene was that Doom got so humiliated by the Richards family that they just let him have it? The guy was almost killed by his own universe, and was only saved by Reed, Valeria & Nathaniel.

His choices were either go into an autistic rage or just play the ego card. Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out. If anything, it's a "haha, ego so fragile" moment, not a "DOOMGOD" one.

Jeez anon, at least read the stuff you shitpost about...
>>
>>92903011
>No Warlock
havent seen Guardians 2, have ya?
>>
>>92910758
You mean Guardians 3, the movie that hasn't come out yet? Because he's not in Infinity War, as we know.
>>
>>92908357
Would Death of the Endless put out?
>>
>>92904394
Why does trump have to be brought into every discussion about anything ever
He literally has nothing to do with this, why do we have to talk about the American president every 5 seconds holy shit
>>
>>92907666
still less retarded than Secret Empire
>>
>>92907666
Mephisto get out.
>>
>>92911456
He's the new Hitler. I'm not saying Trump = Hitler, but the same way it's easy and lazy to bring Hitler into an unrelated argument, it's easy and lazy to bring in Trump.

Again, Trump != Hitler.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.