[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cartoon Network General Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: adult-swim-cartoon-network.jpg (12KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
adult-swim-cartoon-network.jpg
12KB, 500x250px
>Daytime network is getting killed in the ratings by the other major kid cable networks thanks to endless Teen Titans Go reruns
>Nighttime network dominates cable rating share every night after 10pm
What's next for CN?
>>
>>92901561
If they're smart, they'll reduce Teen Titans Go enough so people won't be sick of it, and so it will remain as profitable as it is now.
>>
>>92901561
They just need to reduce Teen Titans Go to not be choking people to death. Its made me hopeful for ANYTHING new brought to Cartoon Network. That OK KO show seems interesting to me.

Also, they need something viciously experimental like the What A Cartoon Show. A show dedicated to showing new cartoon pilots to see if any of them interest people.
>>
>>92901561
>>Nighttime network dominates cable rating share every night after 10pm
AS' nightly schedule is pretty shit nowadays for the most part. And they've been hemorrhaging viewers for the past several years.
>>
>>92901748
That's a good idea, they have so many online shorts you think they could bring it back as a Bi-Annual friday night event, and have kids vote on CN.com
>>
>>92901748
CN should keep making those villainous shorts, it would be a start.
>>
>>92901895

Oh man, those are just shorts? Thought it was getting a full series.
>>
>>92901989
Shorts now, but full series maybe in the future.
>>
>>92902022

Is it just me, or does the main character's english voice sound like Murdoc from the Gorillaz?
>>
>>92901895
Yes exactly. Its starting to feel like CN believes that the internet is a better place to show stuff off then their own tv station..
>>
>>92902088
To be fair, that's not an entirely ungrounded belief.
>>
>>92901561
>>Nighttime network dominates cable rating share every night after 10pm
Too bad that it's mostly FOX Animation Domination bullcrap. [as] killed everything good or at least made their channel block unique.
>>
>>92902187
If Aaron hadn't left Boondocks and Metalocalypse had gotten more episodes, [as] would have two long-running classics to re-run as an alternative to FOX shit, they really dropped the ball there.
>>
>>92902187
I'd love it if they made a new Oblongs series
>>
>>92902152
Sadly true, but it just makes me imagine a scenerio where I am driving my car and turn on the radio and here this:
"We got a great song to play! Go to our website to hear it!"
"And now the weather, download our app to see it!"
"As for the news, turn your tv to this channel to see it!"

Just like a person doesn't want to watch endless TTG reruns, they wouldn't be interested in a radio station where nearly everything is on the internet instead.
>>
>>92901561
>literally years worth of shows that haven't aired in ages, ripe to be introduced and marketed to a new generation
>they choose to air nothing but a show to death that gets moderate ratings at best
They made this grave for themselves.
>>
File: 1495511860785.png (254KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
1495511860785.png
254KB, 446x299px
>>92902341
The only new animated show Adult Swim, is getting is some series that's made by Tyler the Creator(also known for that shitty show Loiter Squad). Apparently Lazzo is still trying to push these guys as the next new funny thing.
http://deadline.com/2017/05/the-jellies-adult-swim-tyler-the-creator-lionel-boyce-1202089470/
>>
>>92902553
And this is why Reddit and Memey is considered the best comedy on Adult Swim right now. Because it looks good when compared to rest of the stream of shit coming out of Adult Swim's ass.
>>
>>92902553
Nah they also got Apollo Gauntlet which was based on a decent web-series, Hot Streets which is some cop parody show made by a Robot Chicken and Rick & Morty writer, Ballmasterz which is made by the creator of Superjail and The Shivering Truth a new PFFR show.
>>
>>92901561
>Constantly running the shit shows makes the ratings fall down
>Constantly rotating shows in and out of the timeslots makes the ratings go up
Whack off TTGO so it doesn't hog up all the timeslots
Slap on their other shows that they only air like once a week
Go into the Boomerang graveyard and resurrect all the new shows they dumped in there from the past couple of years, then move them back to the main channel
Stop greenlighting all of these shitty queer looking shows without actually seeing if people want to watch them first
Do what Nick is doing with Spongebob, open up the vault and put reruns of the classic good shit on and smatter them across the weekly timeslots
And fucking axe that shitty new PPG, nobody is even watching that.
>>
File: AppleAndOnion.jpg (189KB, 757x491px) Image search: [Google]
AppleAndOnion.jpg
189KB, 757x491px
>>92901989
Villainous is relegated to being shorts only while they turn pic related into a full series
>>
>>92902611
Honestly, Adult Swim went to complete and utter shit about 5 years ago in terms of the current originals and in the scheduling. What the fuck happened?
>>
File: 1496249529751.jpg (24KB, 286x311px) Image search: [Google]
1496249529751.jpg
24KB, 286x311px
>>92902862
>>
File: if1.jpg (964KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
if1.jpg
964KB, 3840x2160px
>>92902900
Oh and don't forget this is getting aborted and the rights to the show will remain with CN to prevent the creator from being able to pitch it to a different company haha
>>
File: 1485998658139.png (682KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1485998658139.png
682KB, 1024x576px
>>92902862
Looks better than that Summer Camp Island show. But that isn't saying much.
>>
>>92902930
Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa were originally pitched in 2008, OKKO was originally pitched in 2012
Infinity Train will have it's time don't worry
>>
>>92901622
I'm pretty sure their theory is that no one watches CN all day, and therefore they should rerun the same shit at least twice a day so that someone fucking watched the Oregon Trail episode of TTG today. That definitely is their [as] theory.
NEETs like me who sometimes have nothing to do all day but sit in a motel room and watch basic cable and wait for a phone call are just collateral damage.
Alternately, the executives in favor of programming are just the laziest goddamn fucks ever and can't be bothered to schedule more than a few hours of programming a day and so rely on rinse and repeat.
>>
Remember when CN would air shows with legitimate TV-PG-V, TV-PG-L, TV-PG-D, and TV-PG-S/DS ratings?

Or when they aired episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion on daytime tv?

Or when they would air movies ranging up through TV-PG-DLSV to TV-14-DLV?

What the fuck happened... Despite their shows all being straight "TV-PG", they're tame as fuck
>>
>>92903975
*new shows I mean
>>
File: stusnyder-cartoonnetwork.jpg (20KB, 580x418px) Image search: [Google]
stusnyder-cartoonnetwork.jpg
20KB, 580x418px
>>92903975
Miss him yet?
>>
>>92904119
Most of what I was referring to was in the Samples era or the very, very early Snyder era desu

Snyder was the one to turn away from anything but the most safe, inoffensive, predictable shit
>>
>>92904119
Hell no, he was instrumental in what's wrong with CN today. He started this mess, Miller is just continuing it.

The only good thing he did was bring in Regular Show and Adventure Time as well as greenlight Over The Garden Wall at the end of his mediocre career as a CN President. But that doesn't absolve him in creating shitty live action shows, shoving Johnny Test in every available timeslot, killing DC Nation and in general doing very little in helping Cartoon Network become an interesting channel.

Snyder and Miller are two piles of garbage.
>>
>>92904373
Snyder was crazy but he did more good than harm, if Cartoon Network had stayed going in the same direction it was going in 2013 it would fine now, Miller is the worst President they've ever had.
>>
>>92902862
>apple & onion
>pickle & peanut
>dog goat banana cricket
What is with these uninspired names becoming a thing now?
>>
>>92901561
>What's next for CN?
To kill off adult swim. That's how the boys at Turner work. If it's successful, kill it off.
>>
>>92903628
no it won't
>>
>>92902888
Fox, and trying to recreate the success of their early shows without knowing what made them work.
>>
File: Williams_Street.png (45KB, 479x357px) Image search: [Google]
Williams_Street.png
45KB, 479x357px
>>92904949
What the hell would become of Williams Street if [as] goes down. Would they just take Crofford and Lazzo out back and shoot them?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.